Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#3497978 - 01/19/12 09:27 AM What Spitfire Donkey D#ck decided to mess up 4.11 ?  
WhistlinggDeath Offline
WhistlinggDeath  Offline

La Jolla, CA
So, I get a call from a lab mate to fire up the new IL2 with 4.11, and after getting it setup, I see that some Spitfire loving open pit modder has taken over the 4.11 patch.

FW A9 used to go 580 kph and was a BnZ plane, now it is a Ki-61 turd.
FW D9 used to hit 590, now it hits 580, and overheats in 20 seconds, instead of 4 -7 min like in real life.

And my poor lovely TA-152 H1
Used to hit 580/590 kph but now only goes 560, and overheats in about 20 seconds on boost. Worthless now to fly this plane as it was used in high BnZ fashion.

In instance, most of the planes in the sim now overheat on boost in about 20 seconds. Aviation manuals needed Team Diadolos, IRL it took usually 2 to 7 min for most planes.

I appreciate the 6 DOF for the Track IR, new difficulty settings and small fixes, but you have done a fair amount to ruin the BnZ aspect of the sim for more advanced players.

Wake up, secure the right aviation manuals and remove heads from butts.

And stop adding flyable planes, no one wants to #$@!#@! fly. If your a big fan of the Pe, awesome. You can fly it with the two other retired gentleman that have forgone sex in their marriages for the excitement of bombers.

Sheesssh

If you can defeat me in a fair same altitude duel, you are either Hartmann's ghost or you have a ganja problem that needs treatment.

Like asking weird questions and are good at math? Maybe you can join us at the Jacobs School of Engineering, UC San Diego. Tackling the grand mysteries of the age with science.

At the core of most of life's deep mysteries, is the language that Mother Nature truly speaks in, ..... mathematics.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3498004 - 01/19/12 10:51 AM Re: What Spitfire Donkey D#ck decided to mess up 4.11 ? [Re: WhistlinggDeath]  
T}{OR Offline
[DBS]
T}{OR  Offline
[DBS]

Croatia, Zagreb
By using correct operating procedures you will find that it now take much more to get the max out of your ride. Not just powering up 110% throttle and off you go. 4.11 brings in ton of new and huge fixes that should have been there from the start.

Quote:
The D-9 performance has not been swapped, the D-9 '44 was modelled to some C3 fuel usage high boost performance that it did (about) never get, let alone in 1944 in operational units, now it is modelled to the 1900 hp it got in '44. The first models actually only were at 1750 hp, basically the performance you get without WEP, but the 1900hp upgrade kit arrived very soon. The D-9 '45 has the MW50 system that got installed starting in December '44, which was very common in 1945. This gives the plane some 2150 hp, a noticeable performance increase at lower altitudes. This model is what also originally was in game, but modelled somewhat differently. So what we have is a modified D-9 '45 and a different D-9 '44.

And for the record, many of us love the new bombers and (soon to be flyable) AI planes. Whereas you call yourself "an advanced player", I think of you as "a limited one" for not experiencing this sim to its fullest. Thank God TD doesn't listen the likes of you.

#3498011 - 01/19/12 11:24 AM Re: What Spitfire Donkey D#ck decided to mess up 4.11 ? [Re: WhistlinggDeath]  
WhistlinggDeath Offline
WhistlinggDeath  Offline

La Jolla, CA
I did not say I am an advanced player, simply a fan of energy planes. Not powering up to 110% is great and many of the changes seem nice, but TD ruined the FWs. There is a reason the Germans designed those planes to be BnZ energy fighters, and not have low wing loading. And, no 44 or 45 year fighter overheated on boost in a dive with the radiator open in 20 seconds.

I have read your guide before and seen your P51 victories track (which is uber) but you forget one thing, I have fought several of the TD folks online, and in many instances it was my FW A9, D9 or TA that tore thru their Spits. Yes, I have met TD before in isolated pockets of online combat.

Now kindly put back the FW flight models.

If you can defeat me in a fair same altitude duel, you are either Hartmann's ghost or you have a ganja problem that needs treatment.

Like asking weird questions and are good at math? Maybe you can join us at the Jacobs School of Engineering, UC San Diego. Tackling the grand mysteries of the age with science.

At the core of most of life's deep mysteries, is the language that Mother Nature truly speaks in, ..... mathematics.
#3498017 - 01/19/12 11:41 AM Re: What Spitfire Donkey D#ck decided to mess up 4.11 ? [Re: WhistlinggDeath]  
Brigstock Offline
Brigstock  Offline

London, England
So you're saying put back an in accurate FM to please you and your ego?
I can go with that, perhaps they can put another 30-40 MPH on the Spits for me too.

#3498018 - 01/19/12 11:41 AM Re: What Spitfire Donkey D#ck decided to mess up 4.11 ? [Re: WhistlinggDeath]  
FlatSpinMan Offline
FlatSpinMan  Offline

Land of the Rising Sun
Many people are saying the FWs are better than ever. Yet to play it myself, just saying.

#3498031 - 01/19/12 12:22 PM Re: What Spitfire Donkey D#ck decided to mess up 4.11 ? [Re: WhistlinggDeath]  
T}{OR Offline
[DBS]
T}{OR  Offline
[DBS]

Croatia, Zagreb
Originally Posted By: FlatSpinMan
Many people are saying the FWs are better than ever. Yet to play it myself, just saying.

So I've heard too. Haven't had the chance to test it yet. With this in mind...

Originally Posted By: WhistlinggDeath
I did not say I am an advanced player, simply a fan of energy planes. Not powering up to 110% is great and many of the changes seem nice, but TD ruined the FWs. There is a reason the Germans designed those planes to be BnZ energy fighters, and not have low wing loading. And, no 44 or 45 year fighter overheated on boost in a dive with the radiator open in 20 seconds.

I have read your guide before and seen your P51 victories track (which is uber) but you forget one thing, I have fought several of the TD folks online, and in many instances it was my FW A9, D9 or TA that tore thru their Spits. Yes, I have met TD before in isolated pockets of online combat.

Now kindly put back the FW flight models.

... I will need to test it before posting further comments. Non the less, your above comment about TD leads to what point? Alluding that TD deliberately messed up FW FM's because they kept getting their arses shot out of the sky?? I rest my case.

The major reason why I flew P-51 (before switching to bombers) was not just because I liked its looks, but because of the 3 top dogs at that time (D-9, Tempest, and P-51D) it was the most difficult to master thus the satisfaction was greater. I love flying 190s/Tempests almost as much as Stangs.

As for the overheating, there are many small issues that need to be ironed out. We will definitely get a patch for 4.11 soon. If you have hard data to back up your claims, post them over at banana forums. The only way to do it, everything else is dissipating energy. wink

#3498273 - 01/19/12 04:55 PM Re: What Spitfire Donkey D#ck decided to mess up 4.11 ? [Re: WhistlinggDeath]  
Tolwyn Offline
Tolwyn  Offline

WA, United States
Well, you can't deny his passion. smile

My personal licensing agreement: In exchange for my hard-earned cash for your product, you agree to the following terms: No part of my hardware may be used as a mechanism to verify or reverify my economical patronage. My receipt will serve that purpose. If you disagree with this license, you may return my money to me, and I'll return your product. \:\)
#3498329 - 01/19/12 06:09 PM Re: What Spitfire Donkey D#ck decided to mess up 4.11 ? [Re: WhistlinggDeath]  
WhistlinggDeath Offline
WhistlinggDeath  Offline

La Jolla, CA
Brigs, trust me, enough gifts have already been thrown the way of Spit in IL2 ad bountifulum.

Thormeister - We both know, no late war fighter overheated in ~25 seconds while on boost in a dive. I will try to dig up later this month with my limited German, some of those FW manuals, but I believe the real life boost time was about ~5 to 7 min before engine damage began. Restored or rebuilt P-51s from the War also dont overheat in level flight on a hot day in 20 seconds (and I am not talking about the modified ones for use in something like the Reno Air Races).

As it is now, you have a whole gaggle of TnB planes (uber spits, ufo 185 that had two prototypes in real life (lol), etc) that do 550 to 580 kph and a whole gaggle of now poorly performing BnZ planes that do 560 to 580, but thanks to the excessive overheat model and FW changes, their advantages in the BnZ arena have pretty much gone out the door. Is there any reason now not to fly the Spit 25lbs all the time?

#3498625 - 01/19/12 11:10 PM Re: What Spitfire Donkey D#ck decided to mess up 4.11 ? [Re: WhistlinggDeath]  
DaveP63 Offline
DaveP63  Offline

Indiana, USA
Read it for yourself, all 7 pages and counting. When you get through, you can read the Corsair thread, too.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=29083

i5-4460@3.2ghz, 16GB Ram, Gigabyte GTX1050Ti 4GB, 2TB HDD, 500GB SDD
#3498635 - 01/19/12 11:22 PM Re: What Spitfire Donkey D#ck decided to mess up 4.11 ? [Re: WhistlinggDeath]  
WhistlinggDeath Offline
WhistlinggDeath  Offline

La Jolla, CA
Thanks Dave. I rest my case, ... the FWs have been trashed. I especially enjoy the comments from TD members where they tested out the new flight models (FM) in the quick mission builder.

Say, what ?

Are you $@@!$@! kidding me? Even the upgraded AI could be defeated by a 120 IQ seven year old after three or four days of practice.

So many nice changes with 4.11, but for me and my duel server, back to 4.10.1.

#3498643 - 01/19/12 11:26 PM Re: What Spitfire Donkey D#ck decided to mess up 4.11 ? [Re: WhistlinggDeath]  
WhistlinggDeath Offline
WhistlinggDeath  Offline

La Jolla, CA
Give me a week or two (until I get back to the USA) and I will release this patch as is, but with a built in uninstaller too (with the hotfix included). This will allow everyone to try it and then uninstall it if they choose.

#3498676 - 01/19/12 11:52 PM Re: What Spitfire Donkey D#ck decided to mess up 4.11 ? [Re: WhistlinggDeath]  
IceFire Offline
IceFire  Offline

Canada
Brigs, trust me, enough gifts have already been thrown the way of Spit in IL2 ad bountifulum.

The majority of the Spitfire fanboys were up in arms about the 4.10 patch introducing the new less stable Spitfire. It has a greater response to adverse yaw than before requiring more dedicated rudder use and making the Spitfire a generally more difficult aircraft to fly. Those people are still up in arms about the 4.11 patch not "correcting" that.

What the Spitfire has to do with a FW190 discussion is totally unknown to me.

The FW190 did get quite a few changes. I noticed that you haven't (yet) mentioned the much improved turn times, better energy retention, and faster acceleration making the FW190 better able to maintain overall speed.

Last edited by IceFire; 01/19/12 11:53 PM.

- IceFire
Find my missions at Mission4Today.
#3498741 - 01/20/12 12:48 AM Re: What Spitfire Donkey D#ck decided to mess up 4.11 ? [Re: WhistlinggDeath]  
Ace_Pilto Offline
Livestreamer/YouTuber
Ace_Pilto  Offline
Livestreamer/YouTuber

Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
I think, without providing any kind of actual, empirical data, evidence, anecdotes or even any occult sign from a mythological higher power sent to me in a burning shrubbery, that the FWs have been trashed.

Fixed that for ya.

Bye bye to the Noob-tube of Il-2 1946, 190 pilots have to work for a living now.

Last edited by JimmyBlonde; 01/20/12 12:49 AM.

Let's pretend I got the BWOC badge to embed here.

Wenn ihr sieg im deine Kampf selbst gegen, wirst stark wie Stahl sein.
"The best techniques are passed on by the survivors." - Gaiden Shinji
#3498832 - 01/20/12 02:53 AM Re: What Spitfire Donkey D#ck decided to mess up 4.11 ? [Re: WhistlinggDeath]  
WhistlinggDeath Offline
WhistlinggDeath  Offline

La Jolla, CA
Are you kidding me Blonde? It has never been easy to be a FW BnZ man and now it is down the sh#tter. And even when I go dig up the actual info and boost data, some other spit knucklehead will come along with a different source claiming it is incorrect. And so goeth into debate infinity

Icefire - The FW doesnt need much improved turn times. It is not a Spit.

#3498835 - 01/20/12 02:55 AM Re: What Spitfire Donkey D#ck decided to mess up 4.11 ? [Re: WhistlinggDeath]  
Nimits Offline
Hotshot
Nimits  Offline
Hotshot

United States of America
I don't know, sounds possible there might be a legitimate complaint, at least where the Corsair takeoff perforamce is concerned, but it also sounds like that will be addressed.

I haven't played 4.11 yet by I am curious about the overheating. While I can't speak intelligently about the -190, from everything I've read about Corsair pilots, the it seemed they could throw that plane all over the place at full power, full prop pitch, and long (longer than 20 sec, anyway) burst of WEP without it breaking the plane. Engine may have needed an overhaul afterwards, but it didn't burn out in flight.

Last edited by Nimits; 01/21/12 09:22 AM.
#3498847 - 01/20/12 03:10 AM Re: What Spitfire Donkey D#ck decided to mess up 4.11 ? [Re: WhistlinggDeath]  
Smokin_Hole Offline
Smokin_Hole  Offline

Does "Engine Overheat" really mean that your engine is overheating or is it the game's way of saying, "keep an eye on that".

#3498852 - 01/20/12 03:13 AM Re: What Spitfire Donkey D#ck decided to mess up 4.11 ? [Re: Smokin_Hole]  
wheelsup_cavu Offline
Lifer
wheelsup_cavu  Offline
Lifer

Corona, California
Originally Posted By: Smokin_Hole
Does "Engine Overheat" really mean that your engine is overheating or is it the game's way of saying, "keep an eye on that".

Ignore it and the engine will Overheat and sieze. That has always been the case but I don't know how much v4.11m has changed it?

Wheels

Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
#3498861 - 01/20/12 03:23 AM Re: What Spitfire Donkey D#ck decided to mess up 4.11 ? [Re: WhistlinggDeath]  
EinsteinEP Offline
Just a Noob
EinsteinEP  Offline
Just a Noob

Tucson, AZ
According to the 4.11m readme, engine damage from overheat no longer occurs at a set time after overheat and the type of damage can vary (oil overheat vs. coolant overheat).

Shoot to Kill.
Play to Have Fun.
#3498872 - 01/20/12 03:33 AM Re: What Spitfire Donkey D#ck decided to mess up 4.11 ? [Re: WhistlinggDeath]  
Redhornet Offline
Redhornet  Offline

Why would one use boost in a dive...?

#3498880 - 01/20/12 03:44 AM Re: What Spitfire Donkey D#ck decided to mess up 4.11 ? [Re: WhistlinggDeath]  
IceFire Offline
IceFire  Offline

Canada
Are you kidding me Blonde? It has never been easy to be a FW BnZ man and now it is down the sh#tter. And even when I go dig up the actual info and boost data, some other spit knucklehead will come along with a different source claiming it is incorrect. And so goeth into debate infinity

Icefire - The FW doesnt need much improved turn times. It is not a Spit.

Legitimate data is still the basis of a solid argument. Otherwise I wouldn't bother. Still not sure what the Spitfire has to do with it.

It did need improved turn times. They were off by a couple of seconds (I believe it's the British tests I was reading for that) and thus that along with a variety of other issues in the modeling has been corrected. In my mind for the MUCH better. The biggest problem I have with the FW190 in 4.11 is to get it to slow down on landing. It holds energy maybe a little TOO well now.

Last edited by IceFire; 01/20/12 03:45 AM.

- IceFire
Find my missions at Mission4Today.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.