Forums » Land & Armor Combat » ARMA Series » Counterinsurgency Bug Reports, Known Bugs, Feature Reqs Active Topics You are not logged in. [Log In] [Register User]
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#3496217 - 01/16/12 07:06 PM Re: Counterinsurgency Bug Reports, Known Bugs, Feature Reqs [Re: Taosenai]
Taosenai Offline
Arma 3 Stuff Maker

Loc: U.S.A.
Just sent a new fixed version off.

Fixes:
Fast Travel should be MP compatible now.
I removed the IED system -- it doesn't work on dedicated servers. I will see what I can do about replacing it somehow.
I deleted that floating M2 guy. Wonder how he got there.

Wouldn't expect any major updates to this for awhile, unless the fast travel turns out to still be broken. I am reconsidering the concept and trying to determine how I can make it less possible to stand off and just abuse technology against them. I wanted this to be a very up close and personal type of conflict. Perhaps I will make a new variant that only includes light vehicles.

#3496233 - 01/16/12 07:32 PM Re: Counterinsurgency Bug Reports, Known Bugs, Feature Reqs [Re: Taosenai]
Meatsheild Offline

Loc: Peoples Republic of Yorkshire
Originally Posted By: Taosenai

Wouldn't expect any major updates to this for awhile, unless the fast travel turns out to still be broken. I am reconsidering the concept and trying to determine how I can make it less possible to stand off and just abuse technology against them. I wanted this to be a very up close and personal type of conflict. Perhaps I will make a new variant that only includes light vehicles.

more people inside? that way you HAVE to go in on foot and clear them out?? TOW pads?

#3496581 - 01/17/12 11:36 AM Re: Counterinsurgency Bug Reports, Known Bugs, Feature Reqs [Re: Taosenai]
Punisher5555 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
More takiban in the houses would help. With this 1.60 I saw a takiban take cover in a house.

Maybe it is my military training, but standoff firepower from high ground is the only thing I do.

I think the issue maybe the game itself. When ever you shoot at a squad/group of AI they just automatically start making their way toward you. Then you just keep picking them off as they get closer. The game has always been this way. So when I roll up to a town I take a couple of shots at group to start them coming at me. Take them out and then start with the next group. So on and so on.
32GB RAM (all .pbo's loaded into a 12GB RamDisk)
TrackIR4
zboard merc keyboard
Saitek X-52 stick/throttle/pedals
Logitech MOMO racing wheel/pedals
Razer Deathadder 3500 black mouse
Sony receiver for 5.1 surround sound. 5 speakers and powered sub-woofer.

#3496782 - 01/17/12 04:19 PM Re: Counterinsurgency Bug Reports, Known Bugs, Feature Reqs [Re: Taosenai]
Taosenai Offline
Arma 3 Stuff Maker

Loc: U.S.A.
It's a difficult issue for sure. The main weakness of the default AI is its unwillingness to engage with suppressive fire at long ranges. They prefer to just run towards you until they get a nice kill shot possibility. Meanwhile you have killed 80% of them. This is greatly improved by certain AI mods, but it's difficult to build into a mission.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:

Moderator:  adlabs6, EinsteinEP, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
The extra planes....
by - Ice
Today at 06:58 PM
Impressive!
by peppergomez
Today at 03:21 PM
PMDG News - P3D2
by Pielstick
Today at 02:08 PM
Will there be a SimHQ review now it's officially out?
by the Dutchman
Today at 01:58 PM
4k video around the Matterhorn, Swiss Alps
by JimK
Today at 12:59 PM
New skydiving record.
by RedToo
Today at 11:50 AM
Jack Bruce dies.
by RedToo
Today at 11:46 AM
Interesting summary of what we know about Ebola.
by RedToo
Today at 11:22 AM
Interested in Staying in the Swiss Alps in the Beautiful Town of Lauterbrunnen Paying No Rent For 1 Year ?
by Haggart
Today at 10:56 AM
Civ: Beyond Earth @ a low price!
by - Ice
Today at 10:43 AM

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement
Copyright 1997-2014, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.