Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3493885 - 01/13/12 09:53 AM Terrorist Takedown 3. Is it good?  
magicalflyer Offline
magicalflyer  Offline

Indonesia
Saw it at the amazon.com. I know that the previous iterations of this series are best described as a lump of messy level design and programming codes that they liberally called computer games. But who knows, this time, they finally get it right? Problem is, I can't find a single (trustworthy) review about it anywhere, save some hate comments or people trolling around.
I saw the screenshots and it looks good. But graphics doesn't matter much for me. I want to know about the gameplay. Is it a tactical squad based shooter or just a run and gun arcade? How about the AIs? I don't mind a slightly weird AI, at least on par with SWAT 4's. Any annoying (or even game killing) bugs? How about it realism in general? Things like that.
Anyone owned and played this game? Any information you can give me?

Thanks.

"It ebbs and flows, shipmate. A hot woman and a cold beer will put all this in proper perspective."
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3493941 - 01/13/12 12:42 PM Re: Terrorist Takedown 3. Is it good? [Re: magicalflyer]  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
never heard of it, nor 1 or 2... wink

#3493954 - 01/13/12 01:01 PM Re: Terrorist Takedown 3. Is it good? [Re: Magnum]  
magicalflyer Offline
magicalflyer  Offline

Indonesia
Originally Posted By: Magnum
never heard of it, nor 1 or 2... wink

Is it THAT bad?

"It ebbs and flows, shipmate. A hot woman and a cold beer will put all this in proper perspective."
#3494009 - 01/13/12 02:24 PM Re: Terrorist Takedown 3. Is it good? [Re: magicalflyer]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
After poking around I do remember these. Mainly from just poking around on Amazon. The budgety one I bought awhile back was SAS Secure Tomorrow. Has some decent graphics and ragdolls at times but its basically budget shooter. Plus your men run kinda funny lol.

Here's an english video review:

Now I don't know this guy or his gaming history or other reviews, but just watching the video and hearing some of what he has to say about the game I think probably sums up a lot of what you find in these types of budget shooters. I'm not knocking it from ignorance or a one-sided perspective as I'm a guy who has bought a ton of budget shooters over the years (some are good and many are down right crap) but it sounds like this one could be a stinker.

I had to lol when he said something like "this is just another way to play duck hunt". According to him it does sound like the AI of enemy and friend are non existant.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#3494149 - 01/13/12 05:02 PM Re: Terrorist Takedown 3. Is it good? [Re: magicalflyer]  
magicalflyer Offline
magicalflyer  Offline

Indonesia
Thanks. You know, of all the Terrorist Takedown series, TT3 is the only one which review I cannot find. All those reviews said that TT are not bad, they're downright terrible. So I wonder how the dev team saw it fit to throw in yet another sequel. Maybe they're just persistent. Maybe they have something up their sleeves now. You just don't spend years developing and selling lousy products every time, do you? ..do you?

#3494284 - 01/13/12 07:42 PM Re: Terrorist Takedown 3. Is it good? [Re: magicalflyer]  
Clydewinder Offline
Mach 2 Infrared Orangutan
Clydewinder  Offline
Mach 2 Infrared Orangutan
Hotshot

New Berlin, WI United States
Originally Posted By: magicalflyer
Thanks. You know, of all the Terrorist Takedown series, TT3 is the only one which review I cannot find. All those reviews said that TT are not bad, they're downright terrible. So I wonder how the dev team saw it fit to throw in yet another sequel. Maybe they're just persistent. Maybe they have something up their sleeves now. You just don't spend years developing and selling lousy products every time, do you? ..do you?

Robots are stealing my luggage.
#3494352 - 01/13/12 09:05 PM Re: Terrorist Takedown 3. Is it good? [Re: Clydewinder]  
magicalflyer Offline
magicalflyer  Offline

Indonesia
Originally Posted By: Clydewinder

Ah..haha. So, they probably do, afterall. Well, to think about it.. the fact that Magnum never heard of TT might be a bad omen about its quality hahaha
Maybe better to stay away from TT3, then? I still haven't finish GRAW2, anyway..

#3494457 - 01/14/12 12:46 AM Re: Terrorist Takedown 3. Is it good? [Re: magicalflyer]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
Well maybe they made enough money from their first budget game to make a slightly less crappy sequel. Then that one perhaps afforded them enough to make a moderately less crappy third game. Eventually they might be able to hone their formula down to finally come out with a decent game that manages to do more with less as opposed to some games that can afford to be big but lack in gameplay.

Budget games that I've always been more or less happy with are the Conflict series. Especially Conflict Global Terror and Denied Ops. Steam just another budget-type 3rd person shooter that graphically looks good. Don't remember the name right now though.

I just bough Sniper Ghost Warrior from steam and its actually very good for a budget game. I'd put your ten to twenty dollars to that maybe.

Last year I bought a budget game from Best Buy called "Sniper" something or other set in WW2 and it was absolutely horrible. Played through the first mission and that was enough.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.