Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#3488113 - 01/05/12 05:47 PM Re: Counterinsurgency Bug Reports, Known Bugs, Feature Reqs [Re: Taosenai]  
DeadMeat Offline
Professional Meat Shield
DeadMeat  Offline
Professional Meat Shield

Kentucky
Sounds good, can't wait to try it out again. I see a possible all nighter, maybe Friday or Saturday.

See you in the game
-DM

I've come to realize that many adults act more childish than most children.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3488181 - 01/05/12 07:19 PM Re: Counterinsurgency Bug Reports, Known Bugs, Feature Reqs [Re: Taosenai]  
Taosenai Offline
Arma 3 Stuff Maker
Taosenai  Offline
Arma 3 Stuff Maker

U.S.A.
Yeah after some tests I will send this version to adlabs and schedule something for Saturday night maybe. Might not be able to come myself but at least it'll be out there.

Taosenai, TMR Modular Realism Developer
"It is necessary to develop a strategy that utilizes all the physical conditions and elements that are directly at hand. The best strategy relies upon an unlimited set of responses."
-- Ueshiba Morihei
#3489165 - 01/07/12 12:14 AM Re: Counterinsurgency Bug Reports, Known Bugs, Feature Reqs [Re: Taosenai]  
Taosenai Offline
Arma 3 Stuff Maker
Taosenai  Offline
Arma 3 Stuff Maker

U.S.A.
After some dedicated server testing and a few fixes I've sent this off.

Changes:
- IED caches added: destroy for 500 Rep. These appear randomly in northern towns under attack, and are hand-placed in the south.
- Randomly spawning buried pressure-plate IEDs can now appear, especially near roads. Watch out! The Combat Engineer can disable these, or you can blow them up.
- Suicide bombers should be more common.
- Added a few more set-piece encounters.
- Reduced costs of buildings.
- Enemies attack the northern towns more quickly.
- Some vehicle changes.

"It is necessary to develop a strategy that utilizes all the physical conditions and elements that are directly at hand. The best strategy relies upon an unlimited set of responses."
-- Ueshiba Morihei
#3489263 - 01/07/12 03:07 AM Re: Counterinsurgency Bug Reports, Known Bugs, Feature Reqs [Re: Taosenai]  
Punisher5555 Offline
Punisher5555  Offline

Cleveland, Ohio
Tao,

I played this mission Friday night. Just myself. I cleared the first two towns and then it crashed. (9:30 P.M. EST 'ish).

My 2 cents:

Way easy. I cleared the first two towns all by myself and only died twice. I just sniped and used the Strykers from the hilltops. Never encountered any ieds, bombers, etc.. Is it based on number of players?
The only thing I saw was a muj run up to plant a land mine in front of my stationary Stryker. Then he just stood there, so I shot him.
Come to think of it, I never had to move. After the first shot they all came to me. Group comes close, kill, next,...... Town clear.

3 Samsung 27" LED Monitors powered by a Zotac 4GB 680GTX. Set at PCI Gen3. 5760 x 1080 resolution.
MSI z68a-gd80 (g3) motherboard
Ivy Bridge 3770k 3.5Ghz
32GB RAM (all .pbo's loaded into a 12GB RamDisk)
TrackIR4
zboard merc keyboard
Saitek X-52 stick/throttle/pedals
Logitech MOMO racing wheel/pedals
Razer Deathadder 3500 black mouse
Sony receiver for 5.1 surround sound. 5 speakers and powered sub-woofer.
#3489282 - 01/07/12 03:56 AM Re: Counterinsurgency Bug Reports, Known Bugs, Feature Reqs [Re: Taosenai]  
Taosenai Offline
Arma 3 Stuff Maker
Taosenai  Offline
Arma 3 Stuff Maker

U.S.A.
The server most likely went down to upload the new version, since adlabs emailed me about it around then. NEW VERSION IS UP

The first four towns are statically designed and do not have any dynamic spawning. They are designed to be cleared out quickly and easily by 1-4 players to provide an introduction to the game type and allow an initial growth of Reputation Points for building outposts north. Once those four are secured, you unlock the airbase and the enemy begins spawning dynamically, including more powerful groups up to a T-34+infantry team, as well as random hidden mortar teams.

The number of enemy groups that spawn in Phase 2 is determined by the number of players connected at the spawn time. More players means more groups attack each town, but fewer towns are simultaneously attacked.

I'm surprised you were able to get away with sniping and Strykering without moving. In Chak Chak, they have a mortar base set up which will shell the heck out of you near the town -- it has always prevented me from using that type of tactic, if I don't get slaughtered by the SPG-9 trucks first. Suicide bombers and VBIEDs will only be found in CQB in the town -- the newest version has also roadside bombs, but they are not excessively common except in a few zones. If this turns out to be an issue even in phase 2, I already have a solution in the pipeline that will spawn dedicated groups that know your position and will continuously hunt players down across the map, lol. Hit squads! I've held off on this.

That said, it's not designed to be that difficult in terms of actual fighting -- U.S. forces have a huge tech advantage over insurgent junk. The challenge comes in phase 2 when you can't be everywhere at once (while the insurgents can), and have to rely on your bases, logistics network, outpost fast travel links, and other transport assets to fight across the map to hold as many towns as possible. We discovered this playing with 4-5 players before. Even with Apache + Abrams and other assets, we were having trouble holding just the southern towns consistently, since as soon as we left the enemies who were hiding in the town could reclaim control, and it was risky to move the base building equipment around near uncleared areas.

Last edited by Taosenai; 01/07/12 03:57 AM.

-- Ueshiba Morihei
#3489579 - 01/07/12 07:12 PM Re: Counterinsurgency Bug Reports, Known Bugs, Feature Reqs [Re: Taosenai]  
Punisher5555 Offline
Punisher5555  Offline

Cleveland, Ohio
Thanks for the explaination.

Another thing I did not like is having to go to that tent to change my view distance. Can you just that on the map or radio?

3 Samsung 27" LED Monitors powered by a Zotac 4GB 680GTX. Set at PCI Gen3. 5760 x 1080 resolution.
Ivy Bridge 3770k 3.5Ghz
TrackIR4
zboard merc keyboard
#3489763 - 01/08/12 01:20 AM Re: Counterinsurgency Bug Reports, Known Bugs, Feature Reqs [Re: Taosenai]  
Taosenai Offline
Arma 3 Stuff Maker
Taosenai  Offline
Arma 3 Stuff Maker

U.S.A.
Since that's a one time thing, I don't want to clutter anything up.

-- Ueshiba Morihei
#3489890 - 01/08/12 09:43 AM Re: Counterinsurgency Bug Reports, Known Bugs, Feature Reqs [Re: Taosenai]  
Meatsheild Offline
Arma3 guy!
Meatsheild  Offline
Arma3 guy!

Peoples Republic of Yorkshire
bug - need to fix fast travel

maybe some sort of anti-flip thing for the vechiles?? as fun as it is watching a stryker fly several thousend feet in the air when hit with a bradley, it is a bit annoying smile

SimHQ Arma3 sessions, weekly semi-serious co-op action for all ages and skills! check the forum sticky for more info!

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3732626/SimHQ_Arma3_Sessions,_who,_wha#Post3732626

All spelling errors are included free of charge and courtesy of a broken spell checker!
#3489978 - 01/08/12 02:54 PM Re: Counterinsurgency Bug Reports, Known Bugs, Feature Reqs [Re: Taosenai]  
TankerWade Offline
TankerWade  Offline

Portsmouth, NH
Bug - Abrams at Loy Manera are locked and not playable.

Everybody gets everything they want. I wanted a mission. And for my sins..they gave me one.
#3490537 - 01/09/12 01:09 PM Re: Counterinsurgency Bug Reports, Known Bugs, Feature Reqs [Re: Taosenai]  
Punisher5555 Offline
Punisher5555  Offline

Cleveland, Ohio
There was a floating guy in a static .50 just north of the the middle of the airbase.

Ivy Bridge 3770k 3.5Ghz
TrackIR4
zboard merc keyboard
#3496217 - 01/17/12 12:06 AM Re: Counterinsurgency Bug Reports, Known Bugs, Feature Reqs [Re: Taosenai]  
Taosenai Offline
Arma 3 Stuff Maker
Taosenai  Offline
Arma 3 Stuff Maker

U.S.A.
Just sent a new fixed version off.

Fixes:
Fast Travel should be MP compatible now.
I removed the IED system -- it doesn't work on dedicated servers. I will see what I can do about replacing it somehow.
I deleted that floating M2 guy. Wonder how he got there.

Wouldn't expect any major updates to this for awhile, unless the fast travel turns out to still be broken. I am reconsidering the concept and trying to determine how I can make it less possible to stand off and just abuse technology against them. I wanted this to be a very up close and personal type of conflict. Perhaps I will make a new variant that only includes light vehicles.

-- Ueshiba Morihei
#3496233 - 01/17/12 12:32 AM Re: Counterinsurgency Bug Reports, Known Bugs, Feature Reqs [Re: Taosenai]  
Meatsheild Offline
Arma3 guy!
Meatsheild  Offline
Arma3 guy!

Peoples Republic of Yorkshire
Originally Posted By: Taosenai

Wouldn't expect any major updates to this for awhile, unless the fast travel turns out to still be broken. I am reconsidering the concept and trying to determine how I can make it less possible to stand off and just abuse technology against them. I wanted this to be a very up close and personal type of conflict. Perhaps I will make a new variant that only includes light vehicles.

more people inside? that way you HAVE to go in on foot and clear them out?? TOW pads?

SimHQ Arma3 sessions, weekly semi-serious co-op action for all ages and skills! check the forum sticky for more info!

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3732626/SimHQ_Arma3_Sessions,_who,_wha#Post3732626

All spelling errors are included free of charge and courtesy of a broken spell checker!
#3496581 - 01/17/12 04:36 PM Re: Counterinsurgency Bug Reports, Known Bugs, Feature Reqs [Re: Taosenai]  
Punisher5555 Offline
Punisher5555  Offline

Cleveland, Ohio
More takiban in the houses would help. With this 1.60 I saw a takiban take cover in a house.

Maybe it is my military training, but standoff firepower from high ground is the only thing I do.

I think the issue maybe the game itself. When ever you shoot at a squad/group of AI they just automatically start making their way toward you. Then you just keep picking them off as they get closer. The game has always been this way. So when I roll up to a town I take a couple of shots at group to start them coming at me. Take them out and then start with the next group. So on and so on.

Ivy Bridge 3770k 3.5Ghz
TrackIR4
zboard merc keyboard
#3496782 - 01/17/12 09:19 PM Re: Counterinsurgency Bug Reports, Known Bugs, Feature Reqs [Re: Taosenai]  
Taosenai Offline
Arma 3 Stuff Maker
Taosenai  Offline
Arma 3 Stuff Maker

U.S.A.
It's a difficult issue for sure. The main weakness of the default AI is its unwillingness to engage with suppressive fire at long ranges. They prefer to just run towards you until they get a nice kill shot possibility. Meanwhile you have killed 80% of them. This is greatly improved by certain AI mods, but it's difficult to build into a mission.

-- Ueshiba Morihei
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.