I am pleased to introduce a new SimHQ-exclusive gametype and map:Counterinsurgency: Takistan
This is a fully custom gametype by myself, integrating the best scripts from the ArmA community, which aims to provide the most replayable and realistic single- and multiplayer ArmA experience available without mods, for any number of players with a multitude of play styles. Choose your class, construct firebases and outposts, and use all of the advanced weaponry, fire support, and vehicle assets available to you to patrol and secure Takistan!
At its heart, Counterinsurgency is similar to Evo or Domination -- enemies are spawning on the map and taking over towns, and you have to take them back. However, it is the complete integration of absolutely tons of features that make this, in my opinion, a far more interesting game type. Furthermore, the spawning is extremely dynamic, not a static experience like Evo/Dom.Integrated features of Counterinsurgency:
- Extremely intelligent AI using the UPSMON system, which will cooperate to flank you, deploy smoke when under fire, take cover when being hit by a target they cannot see, patrol the countryside to ambush you, retreat when you are too strong, and use indirect mortar fire against you with FOs to devastating effect. No blind idiots like in Evo.
- Dynamic enemy creation system that reacts to the number of human players in the game and increases the challenge accordingly
- A living world with civilians who flee and civilian vehicles that can be commandeered
- An advanced class system that specializes players and provides them with unique weapons, capabilities, and limitations
- Recruiting system that allows players to build an AI team to support them [Bon Recruit]
- A dynamic shared resource system (Reputation Points) that all players must cooperate to earn and spend
- Complete base building infrastructure, allowing you to construct and defend unique firebases at any location on the map, complete with AI defenders, repair units, walls, and fast travel to the main FOB
- Diverse vehicle assets that must be protected, repaired, and used wisely. Wheeled vehicles that lose tires can have them replaced in the field [NEO tireFix]
- Complete logistics, transport, and helicopter slingloading system for virtually all objects [R3F Logistics]
- Sophisticated artillery computers that provide more than point-and-win [R3F Artillery]
- Greatly enhanced air-to-ground experience with more realistic flight systems [Mando Missiles]
- Realistic UAV and AC-130 support [LDL AC-130]
- Ability to deploy a forward Rally Point and spawn there [NORRN Revive]
- Mobile base constructors that must be protected, which can build everything you need to defend a town and also place fast travel points between bases
- Simulated VBIEDs and suicide bombers which must be detected and eliminated [SR5 IEDdetect]
- Accessible to new players; a full briefing explains how to use many of the features and explains the core gameplay of Counterinsurgency. The only area not explained is Mando Missiles: please see the Mando Missiles readme for that. It is pretty self-explanatory though.Some of the capabilities available to the SEVEN different classes:
- Every class has a unique weapon loadout, carefully selected to complement other classes.
- Rifleman: control up to 13 AI soldiers in battle, the most of any class
- Squad Leader: commandeer civilian vehicles
- Support Specialist: drop ammo supply crates and construct trenches in the field
- Combat Engineer: detect, disarm, and remotely detonate enemy IEDs and suicide bombers
- Sniper: access a satellite uplink for instant intel and viewing of any area
- Special Operations: control a Hellfire-equipped UAV and deliver precision strikes in the field
- JTAC: coordinate with a JSTARS to provide precision munitions, including JDAMs, LGBs, cluster bombs (CBU-87 & -97), Apache gunship raids, and Blackhawk transport.
The features I have fully integrated provide the most incredible battlefield experience I've ever created in ArmA 2 CO
. Roll into an enemy town in a convoy of HMMWVs and make contact with the enemy. Mortars fall around you in only moments as the enemy radios for fire support. As your convoy moves through the town, engaging a dynamic, elusive enemy, a civilian runs out of a building and detonates a hidden car bomb, crippling your lead vehicle. Dismount your squad, set them up defensively, and contact JSTARS to call in Apache gunship support. Race back to base alone in your HMMWV and get the mobile constructor, then build a firebase outside the town -- but be careful, it will be shelled if the enemy finds it! Fall back to your base and fortify it, then destroy the enemy when they pursue you. If there are too many, spend your Reputation Points to call in an AC-130 Spectre gunship and rain hell on your foe -- but watch out for MANPADS!
Then do it all again at another town, on different terrain, facing different enemies that will always challenge you in a way you didn't expect.
See you on the battlefield!
All of Takistan is a battlefield.
Taking out an enemy mortar nest on the outskirts of Chak Chak.
Transportable crew-served weapons and other equipment.
IED EM emissions detected! Available on the server now!.