Alrighty boys and girls, it's been a while, but iControl DCS 3.0 is finally released (May take a while to propagate to all App Stores) along with a new server version. A-10 Virtual Cockpit Free
A-10 VC Free is a limited functionality, ad supported version of its big brother iControl DCS. It is completely free. It has the combo MFCD, UFC, ILS, TACAN, Caution Warning, and a few other controls.
It's a great way to give the application a try so you can see how well the MFCD export performs for you. You get all the server benefits of the paid version, screen setup, easy script install, etc.
So tell all your friends that are on the fence that they can try it now! Changes for iControl DCS
Changes for A-10 VC Server
- New icon
- Significant increase in MFCD frame rates in the combo view
- Double tap to zoom in and out of MFCDs
- Improvements in connection handling, disconnects, etc.
- New controls:
- Throttle control via "Control Surfaces" button - this feature is experimental and may be removed in future versions.
- Coolie Hat on zoomed MFCD
- Slew on zoomed MFCD
- Many performance enhancements
- Minor bug fixes
(Works with both A-10 VC Free and iControl DCS)
- Installer! No more unzipping!
- New name, new icon
- One application. Works with both A10VC Free and iControl DCS
- Native versions for x86 and x64
- Complete re-design of MFCD/CDU capture, faster and less PC resource intensive
- Ability to limit the frame rate captured
- Sim connection status
- Aero toggle - automatically disable Aero when the server starts
- Better detection of invalid configurations and guidance on resolving issues
- Improved debug logging
- Bug fixes and performance enhancements
- Requires Windows Vista or higher. Windows XP is not supported.
Check out the website at http://www.bit-shift.com
for more information on iControl DCS, A10 Virtual Cockpit Free, and A10 Virtual Cockpit Server.
Thanks to everyone who's supported this project so far and for all the positive feedback. This is a great community and I'm not done yet... there's more coming in the next few months so stay tuned to twitter and the forums!