Forums » Land & Armor Combat » Tom Clancy Series » Piracy Stops Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Active Topics You are not logged in. [Log In] [Register User]
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#3465674 - 12/01/11 08:07 AM Re: Piracy Stops Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC [Re: kramer]
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Space Coast, USA
More like it gave them stupid amounts of money for making stupid games...so how smart can they stay? Not like Ubi was ever "the smart one" anyway.

The Jedi Master

#3467139 - 12/03/11 08:33 AM Re: Piracy Stops Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC [Re: kramer]
Werewolf Offline

Loc: Vienna
The guy from the Serious Sam team said it best: "People are willing to pay for awesome."

Ubisoft has problems because their output is #%&*$#. I've had it up to here with this piracy crap, and the argument that this is a PC problem is a load of Bovine Excrement, look at the torrents of all those 360 games out there. No, they're simply not up to the task of cross platform development, it's too much work for them so they're sticking to what they perceive to be the bigger market: Consoles.

And yeah, they've ruined their own argument. Why still do DRM if it doesn't work? Because if it did work, which it doesn't, then why moan about piracy?

This is not about losses due to piracy, this is about raking in even more money for the same or less investment.

eechcentral.com Admin

#3468162 - 12/05/11 06:12 AM Re: Piracy Stops Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC [Re: kramer]
Gopher Offline

Loc: Midlands
They couldn't make the business case for it. So blame it on piracy! It is much more dramatic and pointed than "we decided to pass because we looked at the budgets and revenue projections and figured that we couldn't make a reasonable profit".

#3469105 - 12/06/11 04:03 PM Re: Piracy Stops Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC [Re: kramer]
KingKat2 Offline

Loc: usa
I believe that UBI=Soft is all about selling the most games according to whatever platform it sells best on. This is not about making a better game, just selling more games. Its all business.

#3469209 - 12/06/11 05:59 PM Re: Piracy Stops Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC [Re: kramer]
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

Loc: MS
There's still something to that. If the time spend is better spent on something that will sell more for the time invested, I don't blame them too much. However, I'm sure it's got more to do with the GR MMO, they don't want to compete with themselves by putting these out at roughly the same time. More money in MMO's.
•Logitech G27 Nixim

#3480256 - 12/23/11 06:00 PM Re: Piracy Stops Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC [Re: kramer]
johncage Offline

...and nothing of value was lost

#3481527 - 12/26/11 12:15 PM Re: Piracy Stops Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC [Re: kramer]
Tiger_BiH Offline

Ubisoft needs to create a game this is not full of bugs and actually works, and support the franchise, they like to do the "hit and run" strategy. No wounder they have gone down. People have figured out their crap.

BF3 has sold 5Million copies, that is an prof that PC gamers are not piracy games. Using Piracy as excuse for GR is stupid imo. Make a game that is fun and work and it will sell.

Tiger

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:

Moderator:  EinsteinEP, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carenado Cessna 206 X-Plane 10
by Scoobe
Modifying Labels
by RANSs9
01:42 AM
CM Black Sea Preview
by LukeFF
12:28 AM
No way to lock map settings in MP?
by mugwump
09:54 PM
One Moore Episode
by Linebacker
08:27 PM
Steel Beasts Control Setup
by Asid
08:22 PM
Darth Vader will save Ukraine?
by FlashBurn
08:05 PM
Steel Beasts Cougar MRAP
by Asid
07:29 PM
A couple of new Flanker shots using EDGE
by Pizzicato
07:21 PM
Steel Beasts Night vision
by Asid
07:06 PM

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement
Copyright 1997-2014, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.