Forums » Land & Armor Combat » Tactical Simulations - General » Fear 3 Active Topics You are not logged in. [Log In] [Register User]
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#3424949 - 11/03/11 04:33 PM Fear 3
PanzerMeyer Online   centaurian
Effervescent Libertarian - SimHQ Supporter
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Loc: Miami, FL USA
How many of you have played this? I recently got it for a great price and I've been playing the Cooperative story mode where one player is the "Point Man" and the other player is Paxton Fettel.

While I definitely like the Coop mode, I have to say that I don't like the overt "consolization" I've seen in certain aspects. First of all, the graphics look rather bland and dull but I realize that's probably due to a texture size limitation to accomodate consoles. Heck, games like Metro 2033 and Stalker Call of Pripyat BLOW AWAY the graphics in Fear 3.

I also don't like the frantic high paced action in many of the set piece gun battles. I remember how the original Fear actually allowed for a lot of stalking, moving in shadows, hitting guys from behind, etc. There's really none of that here.

Anyway, the game is worth the 21 bucks I paid for it but I'm glad I didn't pay full price.

#3424966 - 11/03/11 04:52 PM Re: Fear 3 [Re: PanzerMeyer]
MaceUK33 Online   grrr
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran

Loc: Darlington, UK.
I've got it but only played in SP and really like it but then I've liked all the Fear games. I was pleased with the graphics actually.

The AI are pretty good too as they will sometimes flank, run at you or run away if over powered.

"If that's true, if you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course is to tread lightly."

#3425496 - 11/04/11 09:18 AM Re: Fear 3 [Re: PanzerMeyer]
Jedi Master Online   eating
Entil'zha
Big Kahuna

Loc: Space Coast, USA
Yes, the "oh a large area that's been carefully staged, so battle incoming" pattern is a bit repetitive. Also, the stories for FEAR 2 and 3 weren't as good as the original. The graphics aren't as good as some others, but generally that's the tradeoff for getting great performance. Crysis 2 with the DX11 upgrade definitely has better graphics, but frankly it reminds me of playing FEAR 2 and 3!

I don't know if they're planning a FEAR 4, but I think at this point it would be a wasted effort. There's nowhere left to go, nothing left to do.

The Jedi Master

#3425576 - 11/04/11 10:48 AM Re: Fear 3 [Re: Jedi Master]
JAMF Offline
Frugalite & P-38 fan

Loc: The Netherlands
Originally Posted By: Jedi Master
Also, the stories for FEAR 2 and 3 weren't as good as the original.
They removed the lean in FEAR 2 too, to force the player into a more direct approach. Basically, they took away the way I played the game; cautiously. So I didn't buy them.

#3425579 - 11/04/11 10:50 AM Re: Fear 3 [Re: PanzerMeyer]
PanzerMeyer Online   centaurian
Effervescent Libertarian - SimHQ Supporter
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Loc: Miami, FL USA
The original Fear you can easily play like a Splinter Cell game. Not so with the Fear sequels.

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:

Moderator:  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Problem with X52 throttle.
by SafetyTurtle
World War II Equipment Swallowed By Trees
by Dogsbd
It's the future, so why aren't all houses solar by now?
by Raw Kryptonite
Darn the luck...
by Bill_Grant
09:46 AM
People
by Smokin_Hole
09:34 AM
Your top 10 albums of the 1980's?
by PanzerMeyer
09:34 AM
Malware?
by specialksl
09:03 AM
Flash Gordon - New movie coming
by PanzerMeyer
08:52 AM
Why Astronauts should'nt eat Beans
by KRT_Bong
08:41 AM
Dogfight: F-15 vs MiG-29S
by xIGuNDoCIx
08:05 AM

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement
Copyright 1997-2013, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.