Forums » Read Only Forums » Read Only Forums » Yankee Air Pirate 2 (Read Only) » Release of Mission Set # 10 ? Active Topics You are not logged in. [Log In] [Register User]
Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#3438107 - 11/20/11 07:31 PM Re: Release of Mission Set # 10 ? [Re: heat2151]
Hinchinbrooke Offline

Loc: Minnesota
I understand the frustration. Being a ship builder, the 'sea' annoys the hell out of me. Moving 'waves' have been an industry feature for sometime now............. along with moving ensigns/flags. Pretty shifting tga shaders are very much 2001.

Sure, it's a flight sim, but if you include complicated ground/sea objects........... said objects and environment need to be 'complicated'.

Once TW includes real shifting seas, proper ship movement............. I'll build complete hulls to compensate.

#3438943 - 11/21/11 07:12 PM Re: Release of Mission Set # 10 ? [Re: heat2151]
8 L.E.I.N. Offline

Loc: Detroit, Michigan USA
Some of those little details. Like reg numbers for the 707's. Just a nice touch.

Or a skin for "Streetcar 304."

#3439057 - 11/21/11 09:51 PM Re: Release of Mission Set # 10 ? [Re: heat2151]
zerocinco Offline

Loc: Tchepone, Laos
8! Look what a Thud looks like neked! I just slapped the aluminum on and took a look. I remember a friend who was a test pilot in Thuds had one like this on his coffee table from Republic.

I will rig it up right and send along.

#3439279 - 11/22/11 07:58 AM Re: Release of Mission Set # 10 ? [Re: heat2151]
gillettejw Offline

Loc: Belcamp, MD
Hey, I just saw one of those silver models at the museum at Republic. They also had a clearcast cube with three Thuds inside. Ah for the days when companies could hand out quality gifts rather than just pens and foam squeezies.

#3439379 - 11/22/11 10:29 AM Re: Release of Mission Set # 10 ? [Re: heat2151]
zerocinco Offline

I know what you mean. I saw one of those on eBay once and bid on it but my position on the who-gets-what-list was about two pilots below the Thud line. I thought for a fighter pilot it was a little like wearing a Boston Marathon jacket when you haven't run the race. McDonnell-Douglas gave us a sort of nice plastic model (which my dog ate). I don't want to sound unappreciative. But when I deposited one of their aircraft into the jungle (thereby initiating a re-order), I think I should have been given a set of steak knives anyway.

#3439669 - 11/22/11 05:27 PM Re: Release of Mission Set # 10 ? [Re: zerocinco]
Bumfluff Offline

That was careless. biggrin

#3460975 - 11/24/11 04:21 AM Re: Release of Mission Set # 10 ? [Re: Hinchinbrooke]
Icarus999 Offline

Originally Posted By: Hinchinbrooke
I understand the frustration. Being a ship builder, the 'sea' annoys the hell out of me. Moving 'waves' have been an industry feature for sometime now............. along with moving ensigns/flags. Pretty shifting tga shaders are very much 2001.

Sure, it's a flight sim, but if you include complicated ground/sea objects........... said objects and environment need to be 'complicated'.

Once TW includes real shifting seas, proper ship movement............. I'll build complete hulls to compensate.

There is A lot of greatness in TK's games, But the main problem is TK himself (He does not listen to his customers) and his vision. He just does not "get it". TK is stuck in his own head... in his world the dated "cartoonish" sky and terrains he provides his customers in the stock releases are more than adequate. In reality his models are excellent and his flight models are very good, the vast majority of things he has put together in the game are excellent however the sky, the terrain and his refusal to fix various bugs or give his customers the tools and new features they have asked for... hundreds of times... and his refusal to use beta testers to work out the bugs... have to go.

He has a loyal following of fanbois ... they do not care that virtual world that they are flying in looks nothing like the world we live in. Nor do the scold him for locking out out the modders (with hard coding ) that have turned his sim into something that looks like the earth. They only seem to care about getting their hands on some new official TW aircraft DLC. The only DLC for SF2 I would be willing to pay for is a modders pack that unlocks all of the things that tool has hardcoded in the last year or so. And how about an upgrade that simply ads multi core support to any previous patch level of the game with out changing anything else... I'd be willing to pay for that too. It's time that the members of this community come together and give TK a figurative shoe to the nuts.

#3461075 - 11/24/11 09:55 AM Re: Release of Mission Set # 10 ? [Re: heat2151]
gillettejw Offline

Loc: Belcamp, MD
John

You are right. Looks about the same.

I agree with you on the steakknives. Maybe the Oriental Wind Chime given your location? My brother-in-law is a picker, so I will let you know if I find one like above. Would be great getting it into the right hands. Happy Thanksgiving!!

#3461130 - 11/24/11 11:10 AM Re: Release of Mission Set # 10 ? [Re: Icarus999]
Hellfish6 Offline

Originally Posted By: Icarus999
Originally Posted By: Hinchinbrooke

There is A lot of greatness in TK's games, But the main problem is TK himself (He does not listen to his customers) and his vision. He just does not "get it". TK is stuck in his own head... in his world the dated "cartoonish" sky and terrains he provides his customers in the stock releases are more than adequate. In reality his models are excellent and his flight models are very good, the vast majority of things he has put together in the game are excellent however the sky, the terrain and his refusal to fix various bugs or give his customers the tools and new features they have asked for... hundreds of times... and his refusal to use beta testers to work out the bugs... have to go.

He has a loyal following of fanbois ... they do not care that virtual world that they are flying in looks nothing like the world we live in. Nor do the scold him for locking out out the modders (with hard coding ) that have turned his sim into something that looks like the earth. They only seem to care about getting their hands on some new official TW aircraft DLC. The only DLC for SF2 I would be willing to pay for is a modders pack that unlocks all of the things that tool has hardcoded in the last year or so. And how about an upgrade that simply ads multi core support to any previous patch level of the game with out changing anything else... I'd be willing to pay for that too. It's time that the members of this community come together and give TK a figurative shoe to the nuts.

That seems unjustly angry. It's a game. It's his game. Buying it doesn't necessarily make your one viewpoint valid.

#3461753 - 11/25/11 10:20 AM Re: Release of Mission Set # 10 ? [Re: heat2151]
zerocinco Offline

A few tidbits. Final details. Mission tweaks.

It's important that the tanker shows up in front of you instead of twenty miles behind you.
And the peace-loving AI enemy goes on the attack.
And the cool weather doesn't obscure the target so badly that you cannot find it...realistic or not.
And that the trucks you are to bomb don't park under a karst mountain...realistic or not.
And that the door gunners hammer away at the ground targets all by themselves.

Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:

Moderator:  EinsteinEP, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Guys, you've GOT to read about this. Banished with an actual game in it.
by komemiute
California, where'd the water go???
by Chaz
Calling in Sick
by KRT_Bong
Did the latest 1.2.10 update break campaigns?
by Jayhawk
Wasteland 2 released!
by Para_Bellum
07:24 AM
First iPhone sold gets dropped live on TV
by Desert Eagle
07:00 AM
What is IL2 BoS like?
by MadTommy
04:27 AM
CDF free 140 problem report thread
by MrJelly
02:47 AM
Skyrim:- A little help please (Speed glitch bug)
by Harry-the-Ruskie
01:51 AM
George Hamilton IV Has Died
by vocatx
11:15 PM

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement
Copyright 1997-2014, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.