Forums » Technology » Flight Sim Controllers » Control Manager (CH Products) » Is CH getting out of consumer flight control products? Active Topics You are not logged in. [Log In] [Register User]
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#3420846 - 10/28/11 11:46 PM Is CH getting out of consumer flight control products?
jwardell Offline

I'm an old CH Products customer, having game port versions of the pro pedals, Pro throttle and combat stick.
Thinking about updating to USB versions to use on non vintage computer gaming box, however I'm finding very few vendors still carrying their equipment.
Anyone know if they are backing out of the consumer market?

#3420886 - 10/29/11 02:30 AM Re: Is CH getting out of consumer flight control products? [Re: jwardell]
AggressorBLUE Online   cowboy

Loc: Jerz
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key..._sl_7nqydju4q_b

Seems normal to me. Here's hoping they don't back out, it would be a dark day for simmers if so.

Edit: I just remembered, I thought I read somewhere that current skews would be discontinued, as they were going to start bundling software (FSX addons?) with controls. Same products, but technically a new item for webstores like Amazon. It's possible we're seeing the last of the non-software skews get moved.

Edit 2: well, I was right about software bundling, check the 2011 Holiday press release here:
http://www.chproducts.com/retail/press_releases.html

Edited by AggressorBLUE (10/29/11 02:39 AM)
My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ With Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / EVGA GTX 660 SuperClocked / 8 Gigs DDR3 1600 G.skills Ram / A couple SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case

Other Assets Deployed:
HOTAS: Logitech G940 frown Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 smile
TrackIR biggrin
Simpit: ETA Q2 2014
Wheel: ETA Q4 2014

#3421095 - 10/29/11 02:11 PM Re: Is CH getting out of consumer flight control products? [Re: jwardell]
I B Spectre Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Upon realizing my "vintage" CH gameport HOTAS gear no longer had PS2 access on my newer computer, I made the move to the USB versions. A friend of mine was looking to pare down some of his seldom used stuff, so I bought his USB Pro Throttle and Pro Pedals for a reasonable price. I didn't have a USB stick, so a few months later my daughter ran across a really good price on the CH FighterStick through Amazon. It was only about $5 more than the prevailing price on the CombatStick, so we bought it. The CH Control Manager was not difficult to figure out, though not as intuitive as the old gameport interface, IMO, but it does make reprogramming for different sims very easy. I've been quite pleased with my CH gear over years (since 1996) and highly recommend it. A lot of vendors in brick-n-mortar stores may not stock it, but it's readily available on the net. Shop around and your patience will be rewarded.

Edited by I B Spectre (10/29/11 02:12 PM)

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:

Moderator:  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Commander: The Great War out now...
by Magnum
49 minutes 10 seconds ago
Pssst. Want to buy a jet?
by NineLives
Today at 06:08 AM
I got a sticker at the dentist!
by Dart
Yesterday at 11:33 PM
Loot respawning testing, persistent items imminent.
by Ajay
Yesterday at 10:55 PM
Recommendations for a good external enclosure for multiple HDD drives (and one SSD)
by peppergomez
Yesterday at 10:46 PM
Dual seater in campaign?
by CaptCanada
Yesterday at 06:51 PM
CPU cooler mount broke
by Chaz
Yesterday at 06:18 PM
Ace Combat Assault Horizon Free weekend on Steam
by WangoTango
Yesterday at 05:32 PM
SU-25T
by wingman1387
Yesterday at 05:19 PM
What is it with putting 'then' instead of 'than'?!
by MaceUK33
Yesterday at 01:41 PM

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement
Copyright 1997-2014, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.