Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3398656 - 09/27/11 04:12 PM HOW TO DELETE GRAY RECTANGLE..?  
bradleydog62 Offline
bradleydog62  Offline

Allen,TX
Yes, I have "RTFM" and info from several fan sites. I don't know how to remove temporarily grey rectangle..I have clicked on it and gotten "Info". I assume it is for chat and orders but as I am on the learning curve I use the CP toggle for instruments as I practice and would like to see all the dials. Please explain. I also asked about using SST Saitek profiled in COD, see below..lots of looks but sure would appreciate advice. Many thanks, John

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3398673 - 09/27/11 04:28 PM Re: HOW TO DELETE GRAY RECTANGLE..? [Re: bradleydog62]  
Gamekeeper Offline
Right on commander!
Gamekeeper  Offline
Right on commander!

UK
From FAQ
Quote:
5. Q: I am seeing a gray rectangle in the upper left corner of the screen.

A: You have created a new Info window. These highly customizable windows allow you to set up your own user interface in-game. Due to the fact that the game also features clickable cockpits, our solution to having distinct clickable elements that possibly overlay each other is making the cockpit elements selectable with a regular left-click, and the interface overlay windows selectable with an alt-click.
So, simply alt-click the grey rectangle to select it, and then either move it and resize it, right-click to customize it, or right-click to close it.
This can also be done with all standard interface elements, including no-cockpit gauge overlays. Or you can right-click anywhere on your screen and add new Info windows to your interface layout.

5-A. Q: I did all that, but Closing the window does nothing.

A: We have as of now seen two users who created 52 and 82 overlayed info windows respectively. If you are closing a window and it does not disappear, it probably means that you have multiple Info windows stacked on top of each other. If you do not wish to manually close each window, you can edit them out of a config instead.
All the Info window settings are stored in the [ChatWindow] section of
(Documents)\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\confUser.ini
Our standard interface has 5 elements numbered 0 through 4 and titled "Motor Controls", "Secondary Controls", "Info. Window 1" (no title is shown for this one in game), "Voice", and "NetStats"
If your ChatWindow section looks to have a lot more than these 5 sections, simply delete everything past the lines numbered 4: and save the file.

CoD FAQ

The Pilots Lounge: Social Networking for Virtual Pilots
A new website bringing together flight sim fans across all genre, sharing one common interest; flying the virtual skies.

AWSN Websites supporting:
IL-2 1946:Mission4Today: - Cliffs Of Dover: Airwarfare.com - The rest of the Universe: Combat Asylum
#3398703 - 09/27/11 05:06 PM Re: HOW TO DELETE GRAY RECTANGLE..? [Re: bradleydog62]  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

Or even the sticky here

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3255155/FAQs.html#Post3255155

smile

Hmm, I think I'll be updating that FAQ, so any suggestions welcome btw.

#3398742 - 09/27/11 06:00 PM Re: HOW TO DELETE GRAY RECTANGLE..? [Re: bradleydog62]  
bradleydog62 Offline
bradleydog62  Offline

Allen,TX
Thanks fearless, your a pal. Always helpful! How about "Using Profiles from SST (Saitek) in CoD"?? I would like to use the mode feature of my x52 PRO..so far I have been unable to get SST profile recognized. I have IR5 and really appreciate it..is it now possible to use the POV hat for other commands?? More ?s for your FAQ..or am I the only guy asking!!?? Cheers, John

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Food Safety and Bad Roommates
by KRT_Bong. 04/04/24 02:16 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.