Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#3385237 - 09/08/11 03:47 AM New API in the Beta  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

I saw here http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=332906 that there's some new toys to play with in terms of scripting in the beta (I really need to learn Russian, is there a manual?) so I thought I'd have a go.

This is a very small script that allows you to damage bits of your aircraft plus view the damage you cause to other aircraft using a new extendable in-game menu system.

This is FOR THE BETA VERSION ONLY and I've put some random thing under a new Mission menu, really just to try it out. Hopefully more sensible people will come along and do good with it, i.e. perhaps order a fuel truck once you've landed or perhaps re-arm during a MP battle. There are lots of possibilities now and it's not too tricky. Here's a screen-shot of the new menu things:

You can either download this very dull mission or copy the following text into your 'Script' window in the Full Mission Builder and make a better mission yourself. It should work with any existing missions you have too.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VL8RYN4B

A useful reference is this post that deals with how to damage yourself using scripting:
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3361279/Re_Incredible_Detail.html

Here's the ugly script (apologies to any developers out there, bit of a rush):

using System;
using System.Collections;
using maddox.game;
using maddox.game.world;

//GamePlay.gpHUDLogCenter("Pressed: " + menuItemIndex);

public class Mission : AMission {

bool dmgOn = false;

private void setMainMenu( Player player ) {
GamePlay.gpSetOrderMissionMenu( player, false, 0, new string[] { "Damage & Diagnostics" },
new bool[] { true } );
}

private void setSubMenu( Player player ) {
GamePlay.gpSetOrderMissionMenu( player, true, 1, new string[] { "Destroy Wings", "Destroy Engine",
"Destroy Guns", "Report Damage On", "Report Damage Off"}, new bool[] { false, false, false, false, false } );
}

public override void OnOrderMissionMenuSelected( Player player, int ID, int menuItemIndex ) {
if( ID == 0 ) { // main menu
if( menuItemIndex == 1 ) {
setSubMenu( player );
}
} else if( ID == 1 ) { // sub menu
if (menuItemIndex == 1)
{

Player[] all = { player };

AiActor where = player.Place();
AiAircraft aircraft = (GamePlay.gpPlayer().Place() as AiAircraft);

GamePlay.gpLogServer(all, "POW!!", null);
aircraft.cutLimb(part.LimbNames.WingR2);

setMainMenu( player );
}
else if (menuItemIndex == 2)
{

aircraft.hitNamed(part.NamedDamageTypes.Eng0TotalFailure);

setMainMenu( player );
}
else if (menuItemIndex == 3)
{

aircraft.hitNamed(part.NamedDamageTypes.Machinegun00Failure);
aircraft.hitNamed(part.NamedDamageTypes.Machinegun01Failure);
aircraft.hitNamed(part.NamedDamageTypes.Machinegun02Failure);

setMainMenu( player );
}
else if (menuItemIndex == 4)
{
dmgOn = true;
GamePlay.gpHUDLogCenter("Will show damage on all aircraft");
setMainMenu( player );
}
else if (menuItemIndex == 5)
{
dmgOn = false;
GamePlay.gpHUDLogCenter("Will not show damage on all aircraft");
setMainMenu( player );
}
}

}

public override void OnPlayerConnected( Player player ) {
if( MissionNumber == 0 ) {
setMainMenu( player );
}
}

public override void Inited() {
if( MissionNumber == 0 ) {
setMainMenu(GamePlay.gpPlayer());
}
}

public override void OnAircraftDamaged(int missionNumber, string shortName,
AiAircraft Aircraft, AiDamageInitiator DamageFrom, part.NamedDamageTypes WhatDamaged)
{
base.OnAircraftDamaged(missionNumber, shortName, Aircraft, DamageFrom, WhatDamaged);

if (DamageFrom.Player != null )
{
if (dmgOn == true)
{
GamePlay.gpLogServer (null, "{0} hits {1} : {2} \n", new object []
{DamageFrom.Player, shortName, WhatDamaged});
}
}

}

}

Last edited by FearlessFrog; 09/08/11 04:37 AM. Reason: Made an error in the wing falling off bit - fixed
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3385240 - 09/08/11 03:52 AM Re: New API in the Beta [Re: FearlessFrog]  
The_GhostRider Offline
The_GhostRider  Offline

Cleveland OH
Thats not script it's C# code FWIW.

The_GhostRder

#3385242 - 09/08/11 03:53 AM Re: New API in the Beta [Re: The_GhostRider]  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

Originally Posted By: The_GhostRider
Thats not script it's C# code FWIW.

The_GhostRder

Yep, but in Cod they let me paste it into the 'Script' window so I'll call it even smile

#3385382 - 09/08/11 10:34 AM Re: New API in the Beta [Re: FearlessFrog]  
Ming_EAF19 Offline
Babelfish Immune
Ming_EAF19  Offline
Babelfish Immune
Veteran

London
order a fuel truck once you've landed

Is there a list of FMB scripting commands, variables, constants and so on posted anywhere please? For example is dmgOn an internal variable and what's a fuel truck's label Smile2

I'm imagining something like-

Check for damaged aircraft inbound within 1km (I think scripts run in polling mode)(which must slow things down)
Get the plane's ID, check for pilot's rank Smile2
Display 'It's the squadron leader- he's in trouble!' message, SeekBrandy(double)
Else GetTheKettleOn(muffins)
If it appears to be landing get a fire engine warmed up, set a bell and a flare off
If it's definitely landing send the fire engine to meet the damaged aircraft MeetAndGreet(foam)

Ming

'You are either a hater or you are not' Roman Halter
#3385386 - 09/08/11 10:43 AM Re: New API in the Beta [Re: FearlessFrog]  
Ming_EAF19 Offline
Babelfish Immune
Ming_EAF19  Offline
Babelfish Immune
Veteran

London
Thats not script it's C# code

Yes and it appears that RoF has a rival in the interesting department.

RoF has (among other juiciness) that fabulous mission editor with the 3D viewport, quite a breakthrough

CoD has hooks into C# from within a mission and labels are planes and boats and er, quite possibly trains

And now with a feathered coastline- we don't know we're born Smile2

Ming

#3385608 - 09/08/11 05:23 PM Re: New API in the Beta [Re: Ming_EAF19]  
steeldelete Offline
steeldelete  Offline

Switzerland
Originally Posted By: Ming_EAF19
[b]
And now with a feathered coastline- we don't know we're born Smile2

Ming

Ha!At least there is something minglish about this. Welcome back! wave

Not that I understand anything about the rest. This seems a lot too much for me. I guess in a few years time all will be more clear.

cogito, ergo zoom
#3385640 - 09/08/11 06:23 PM Re: New API in the Beta [Re: FearlessFrog]  
Ming_EAF19 Offline
Babelfish Immune
Ming_EAF19  Offline
Babelfish Immune
Veteran

London
too much

Not at all, but it's unfamiliar right now as we have no manual (that I'm aware of) so it looks all-Greek with Latin extensions

OnAircraftDamaged(int missionNumber, string shortName, AiAircraft Aircraft, AiDamageInitiator DamageFrom, part.NamedDamageTypes WhatDamaged)

This is a piece of code with some parameters that we can work out

missionNumber is an integer (whole number) variable (one that can be changed by the programmer), maybe it's mission 2 we are looking at

shortName is the label given to a group of keyboard characters, maybe FearlessFrogsFirebell Smile2

I say a 'group of keyboard characters' because it took me a while back in the 24 hour cycle to work out what a 'string' may be, it seemed to be an annoying obfuscation as string already had a meaning. But not a length yes. On the other hand it helped with vocabulary. It's just meaning some letters and numbers strung together in a string of (keyboard-type, some label one types in) characters

part.NamedDamageTypes is interesting because it looks like object-oriented programming. Which is when I woke up Smile2

Check for an aircraft within the airfield's AlertRadius
Is it damaged?
If it is damaged then send out the fire engine
If NotDamaged go to the next plane within the radius until you've checked the whole radius area for potential fireballs-in-the-making

And then later in the checking-loop- if the landing-damaged plane is now landed and not on fire, return the fire engine to its parking-place

Scripts loop around automatically (apparently, if I'm understanding things correctly) while the mission is running so the code looks to be a simple task given a few tips and the FMB localised manual

Ming

#3385652 - 09/08/11 06:36 PM Re: New API in the Beta [Re: FearlessFrog]  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

You are on exactly the right track Ming. dmgOn was a 'boolean' (an on / off) that I set up to remember what was pressed in the menu before displaying the aircraft damage messages.

I think a Fire Truck would be something like this:

- In the FMB set up a trigger area put around and airport (the Fire Truck's operating remit, union rules despite wartime) or listen in on the OnAircraftLanded (or perhaps more pertinently) the OnAircraftCrashLanded event.

- When something has crashed and is in the range of the Fire Truck then assign the truck to a movement path directly to your location. A few of the campaign missions have good example of ground units moving now, plus it might be something that could be defined in the FMB as a series of points and then just triggered in code?

- When Fireman Sam is on station then run an animation or change the state of the aircraft.

Until we get docs via a SDK then it's all cave diving / spelunking at the moment. .NET is handy as you can examine all the various API's but that just gives you the parameters of the calls and not really the intent (plus although they are generally excellent, these are English API's written by Russians, so just guessing by name is very trial and error).

Here's a good collection of things found by reverse-engineering so far:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23959

#3385854 - 09/08/11 11:19 PM Re: New API in the Beta [Re: FearlessFrog]  
Ming_EAF19 Offline
Babelfish Immune
Ming_EAF19  Offline
Babelfish Immune
Veteran

London
In the cave of Socrates then, with the shadow puppets Smile2

Kodiak over there is another marvel like yourself Frog and he/she's posted up info on the freebie Microsoft Visual C# 2010 Express software. I strongly suggest that everyone has a play with that - to see what they've been working on for all those years, they are visionaries: but without communicating much about their complex-coding campaign ideas unfortunately. I still think Napoleon deserves a few points for having a go at Moscow in the winter <g>

In a main dll I've found four what shall we call them routines Smile2 that we could use to get small code-stubs working... easy to test if things are working

Quote:
maddox.game.AMission.OnAircraftCrashLanded(int, string, maddox.game.world.AiAircraft)

maddox.game.AMission.OnAircraftDamaged(int, string, maddox.game.world.AiAircraft, maddox.game.world.AiDamageInitiator, part.NamedDamageTypes)

maddox.game.AMission.OnAircraftLanded(int, string, maddox.game.world.AiAircraft)

maddox.game.AMission.OnAircraftTookOff(int, string, maddox.game.world.AiAircraft)

The OnAircraftDamaged routine will return a Boolean perhaps and that would be the trigger to start the fire engine's routine that takes it out to near the apron to meet the landing-damaged plane

Anyway for our toe-in-the-water porpoises- the idea is to have a plane ready to take off and a fire engine/tender/truck parked up waiting for its CertainToCrash trigger

Pranging your plane on takeoff triggers the fire engine which (eventually, midnight oil) can move close to your coordinates

Take off and blow the engine or get shot up, land and there's the fire crew thank goodness with a fuel tank. Us not them Smile2

Take off and land with no problems and the fire engine stays at NoBell readiness

That's the theory but who among us doesn't enjoy reverse-engineering stuff. Legally Smile2

Btw I copied in the damage script to an EAF training mission and got the 'Excellent!' message on landing successfully. So now I know how to insert a script into a mission (from within the FMB) and this stuff looks truly awesome as the Americans say

Quote:
maddox.game.AMission.OnCarter(maddox.game.world.AiActor, int)

On Carter get ready to rumble maybe, Michael Caine reference Smile2

Ming

#3386081 - 09/09/11 06:31 AM Re: New API in the Beta [Re: FearlessFrog]  
Tiger27 Offline
Tiger27  Offline

Perth, Western Australia
Some of this stuff (programming and scripting are not part of my repertoire)looks awesome for the future, this could be the most immersive FS ever if someone can get their heads around all these little features, the future looks bright!

III/JG11_Tiger
#3386228 - 09/09/11 11:36 AM Re: New API in the Beta [Re: FearlessFrog]  
Ming_EAF19 Offline
Babelfish Immune
Ming_EAF19  Offline
Babelfish Immune
Veteran

London
Fire engine's a vehicle, it'll need an ID and start/path/finish positions, digging around

Then the real world intrudes. So unfair Smile2

maddox.game.world.AiGroundGroupType

public const maddox.game.world.AiGroundGroupType Artillery = 4

public const maddox.game.world.AiGroundGroupType Ship = 3

public const maddox.game.world.AiGroundGroupType Town = 5

public const maddox.game.world.AiGroundGroupType Train = 2

public const maddox.game.world.AiGroundGroupType Vehicle = 1

maddox.game.world.AiGroundGroup

void GetPos(out maddox.GP.Point3d pos)

maddox.game.world.AiGroundGroupType GroupType()

string ID()

Ming

#3386453 - 09/09/11 04:14 PM Re: New API in the Beta [Re: FearlessFrog]  
f15sim Offline
More projects than sense!
f15sim  Offline
More projects than sense!

Graham, WA
Now this would just kick ass if you can use that C# engine to pull systems data out of the sim and shove it out the door via a tcp/ip connection....

g.

Proud owner of 80-0007
http://www.f15sim.com - The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - the Me-109F/X Project
#3386477 - 09/09/11 04:56 PM Re: New API in the Beta [Re: f15sim]  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

Originally Posted By: Gene Buckle
Now this would just kick ass if you can use that C# engine to pull systems data out of the sim and shove it out the door via a tcp/ip connection....

g.

It does seem relatively easy to do this, as in communicate out of the process and give CoD internal details to outside things (i.e. scoreboards, USB instruments, 2nd display windows etc). Some of the API to extract aircraft info was here: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3347984/Re_Is_it_possible_to_make_airs.html#Post3347984

One of my longer term CoD aspirations (i.e. I won't really do it, too busy, but my subconscious fools me into thinking I will one day) is to do a glorious BoB Bunker Battle Overview map, i.e. be able to issue commands in MP via an external map view, with those long sticks to push planes, and I could sit back while minions issued radio commands to squadrons.

Would be cool, plus with this level of API not too challenging, from a technical level at least..

#3386481 - 09/09/11 04:57 PM Re: New API in the Beta [Re: Ming_EAF19]  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

Fire engine's a vehicle, it'll need an ID and start/path/finish positions, digging around

Then the real world intrudes. So unfair Smile2

maddox.game.world.AiGroundGroupType

public const maddox.game.world.AiGroundGroupType Artillery = 4

public const maddox.game.world.AiGroundGroupType Ship = 3

public const maddox.game.world.AiGroundGroupType Town = 5

public const maddox.game.world.AiGroundGroupType Train = 2

public const maddox.game.world.AiGroundGroupType Vehicle = 1

maddox.game.world.AiGroundGroup

void GetPos(out maddox.GP.Point3d pos)

maddox.game.world.AiGroundGroupType GroupType()

string ID()

Ming

I think from my end the bit I miss out is really on using the FMB. Has anyone used it to move vehicles, and if so how? If we had routes and paths mapped out then the script would just do the start/stop bit, plus perhaps change one of the travel points.

Any FMB Vehicle experts out there?

#3386502 - 09/09/11 05:15 PM Re: New API in the Beta [Re: FearlessFrog]  
Ming_EAF19 Offline
Babelfish Immune
Ming_EAF19  Offline
Babelfish Immune
Veteran

London
It's trivial to move vehicles around. I imagine but I haven't got that far yet, having been driven mad for a bit by road construction. Diversions yes.

Place the vehicle down on a road in the CoD FMB and give it some waypoints, Play Mission to see it move around or not

Scripts will move the vehicles around dynamically, perhaps on triggers, which is what this is about coincidentally Smile2

Vehicles are called Chiefs in the Il-2 FMB and there are references to Vehicles/Chiefs in the Maddox dlls, some examples below- we'll need to explore

AiGroundWayPoint is an obvious candidate for Chief/vehicle movement (BuildPath looks interesting)
Point3d might be a table for XYZ floating point positions

No Fire Tender in the list of vehicles so improvisation, the bell would be an audio file perhaps

public interface AiAIChief
Member of maddox.game.world

public static class AiAIChiefType
Member of maddox.game.world

double FieldR()
Member of maddox.game.world.AiAIChief

public const int GROUND = 1
Member of maddox.game.world.AiAIChiefType

public const maddox.game.world.AiGroundActorType LightTruck = 10
Member of maddox.game.world.AiGroundActorType

public const maddox.game.world.AiGroundActorType Truck = 11

public const maddox.game.world.AiGroundActorType Car = 5

public AiGroundWayPoint(ref maddox.GP.Point3d p, double speed, double wait_time, double road_width)
Member of maddox.game.world.AiGroundWayPoint

protected static float[ ] BuildPath(int indx, float posX, float posY)
Member of maddox.core.pathfind.WPathFind

Next job: to scour the forums for scripting clues to implementation. Simple mission with one plane and one fire truck. Crash on takeoff and pray that a fire truck appears what with full tanks and 10 Woodbines and everything Smile2

This is my link to scripting tips
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=203

Ming

#3386529 - 09/09/11 05:56 PM Re: New API in the Beta [Re: Ming_EAF19]  
Biggles07 Offline
Biggles07  Offline

Newcastle Upon Tyne, England.
In the cave of Socrates then, with the shadow puppets

That's Plato's cave ming me aul China. Smile2 That'll be a Plato' chips with mushy peas for that indiscretion and you're paying, next time its your dinner money you have been warned. hahaha Some of us are (Fox's) Classicists, you know. *munch munch* biggrin

This is a really interesting thread. It's like a great voyage of self discovery, in which one comes to the Earth shattering, epiphanic realisation that one is thick as pigs sh*t and has no idea what anyone on this thread is talking about. rofl But is this not in itself a form of knowledge, hmmmm? Javelin thrower, impale thyself! (or was it heal, I'm getting confused again.)

*Rocks back and forth in fetal position, mumbling 'boleeans, all around....integers within the Enchilada! cats with 7 paws, the horror, the horror.....'

See what you've done now? I've went fecking mental. hahaha Wheres Ajay, he knows what I'm on about.

Carry on.

rofl

"I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals".

Sir Winston Churchill
#3386562 - 09/09/11 06:44 PM Re: New API in the Beta [Re: FearlessFrog]  
Ming_EAF19 Offline
Babelfish Immune
Ming_EAF19  Offline
Babelfish Immune
Veteran

London
Plato had shadow puppets too? Bit of a coincidence but on you go Smile2

Ming

#3386593 - 09/09/11 07:13 PM Re: New API in the Beta [Re: Ming_EAF19]  
Biggles07 Offline
Biggles07  Offline

Newcastle Upon Tyne, England.
Plato had shadow puppets too? Bit of a coincidence but on you go Smile2

Ming

Aye, but Animatronic ones Ming. Jurassic Punch n' Judy, way ahead of his time. biggrin

"I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals".

Sir Winston Churchill
#3386626 - 09/09/11 07:51 PM Re: New API in the Beta [Re: FearlessFrog]  
Bokononist Offline
Currently using: Occams Electric Shaver
Bokononist  Offline
Currently using: Occams Electric Shaver

Liverpool, UK (Cornish exile)
Originally Posted By: FearlessFrog
Originally Posted By: Gene Buckle

g.

It does seem relatively easy to do this, as in communicate out of the process and give CoD internal details to outside things (i.e. scoreboards, USB instruments, 2nd display windows etc). Some of the API to extract aircraft info was here: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3347984/Re_Is_it_possible_to_make_airs.html#Post3347984

One of my longer term CoD aspirations (i.e. I won't really do it, too busy, but my subconscious fools me into thinking I will one day) is to do a glorious BoB Bunker Battle Overview map, i.e. be able to issue commands in MP via an external map view, with those long sticks to push planes, and I could sit back while minions issued radio commands to squadrons.

Would be cool, plus with this level of API not too challenging, from a technical level at least..

That sounds cool Fearless, get on it straight away! Imagine the immersion levels with real people organising the tactical situation.

P.S. is that you in that photo? Is that some kind of crazy mock-up in your loft? I can't think of any other reason that the 'lady' in the picture would be alone in the room in such an important situation, unless there was an emergency teabreak of course..............

"Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand." - A calypso.

i5 2500K@4.5Ghz | MSI P67A-GD53 | 8G DDR3 Corsair@1600 | Gainward GLH 460x2 SLI oc | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Antec Truepower New 750W PSU | Win 7 64bit | Black Widow HOTAS | Freetrack 2.2/PS3 eyetoy

#3386710 - 09/09/11 09:34 PM Re: New API in the Beta [Re: FearlessFrog]  
ATAG_Bliss Offline
ATAG_Bliss  Offline

Pretty cool stuff Frog!

----------------------------

Speaking of the joy of C+#+#+#+#+#+#+# stuff,

Could one of you gurus show me a script that would limit a human controlled aircraft to a certain amount of units available. Say I only want 3 109E4's available at all times, any chance of a script to do that?

With FBDj, it was super easy. Now not so much. But it would be nice to have a limited amount of certain planes, for balance etc.. In old IL2 with FBDj if you have 2 (262's) available. You could spawn 2 of them, and only when one of those 2 planes crashed/landed etc.(only after the refly button was hit) would the selection to be able to spawn another one open.

Sorry for the hijack, but I need something like this badly biggrin

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.