What makes Longbow 2 such a great game? Even after 15 years I can't put my finger on one thing...

Since I got my new Longbow 2 box, (besides iRacing which requires tons of practice time), it's all I've played all week long... probably 10 hours in it this week... I watch the rockets impact the ugly box with a pole sticking out, and the pixel explosion and got great satisfaction.

I mean, the very first mission I did I was blown away.... again... took off from the FARP, used the terrain, popped up and scanned, then let loose with hellfires.... followed with rockets and guns, then 2 enemy choppers came on my flank, took one out with guns the other with a sidewinder, then an enemy MIG flying across my horizon, I locked him in and fired my final sidewinder, he immediately dropped a bunch of flares and turned to evade.... all in ugly pixaded dots... but still left me with great satisfaction.

I know the battlefield sounds and comms is still some of the best, and the gameplay fantastic...
I did seem to think it was alot easier to play this week then 10 years ago when I rarely made it home alive. wink

great game, best ever... still! wink