Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15
#3376983 - 08/28/11 10:14 PM Re: 1976 F2 Classic Short Series [Re: citizen guod]  
citizen guod Offline
Lifer
citizen guod  Offline
Lifer

Isn't it interesting that racing luck can be packaged-up so accurately in a $20 purchase? I was jazzed to see the field virtually (pun intended) swap polarity from the race beginning-to-end.

popcorn

Wisdom is knowing what's enough
Inline advert (4th to 5th topic)

#3376986 - 08/28/11 10:22 PM Re: 1976 F2 Classic Short Series [Re: citizen guod]  
Dirt_Diver Offline
Dirt_Diver  Offline

Originally Posted By: guod
Congratulations to henny for the win!

Congratulations to Dave Bradley for 2nd place.

Congratulations to Dave O for his 3rd place finish in his first SimHQ Motorsports race.

winner

Congrats guys! I only made it through six laps before losing control and my front wing.

I’m having trouble keeping these open wheelers on the road and the damn sweat on my palms was actually making it hard for me to get a good grip on the wheel! (I’m thinking of buying a pair of mechanics gloves tomorrow unless someone has a better suggestion).

Anyway, much respect to the finishers. You guys must have brass ones.

Henny, here’s your trophy. You can drive them to work tomorrow biggrin

|| Intel Quad Core Q9550 @ 3.7GHz || nVidia GeForce GTX 580 1.5GB || 8 GB Corsair DDR2 || Win 7 64bit ||
|| Logitech G500 Mouse || Logitech Driving Force GT Racing Gear || Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Quadrant || Saitek X52 Pro Hotas || TrackIR 5 ||
#3376990 - 08/28/11 10:31 PM Re: 1976 F2 Classic Short Series [Re: henny]  
purolator Offline
purolator  Offline

The Ruhr, Germany
Congratulations to henny, Dave Bradley and Dave O smile

Originally Posted By: guod
First, I feel so badly for poor purolator who was the protagonist for this series, helped to get it going, was tremendous help to me in selecting tracks and setups, the custom LE version, and other aspects, then have two discos on two consecutive races of the three events.

Originally Posted By: henny
Puro with another disco. Most frustrating. I know you will get the problem resolved.

Originally Posted By: DaveBradley
As always, many thanks to Doug and special thanks to Purolater for all the work he put into the series. I know he must be frustrated with the discos but his work did not go unnoticed or unappreciated.

Thanks for the nice words everyone.

Unmfortunately, to avoid further frustration, as long as I don't have a definite answer and solution concerning these disconnections I have no other option left to take some time off until rF2 gets released, which presumably lets you back in, if a disco happens.

Today it simply was one disco too much for me and I can't really enjoy online racing anymore due to this. That's why I said "that's it" via TS straight away.

I signed up for SCES and will be there, but I certainly won't risk any more discos and stop the race on my own terms soon after the start, which I will attempt from the last spot on the grid to avoid any disruption to the other drivers. Unless someone wants my spot in the series or a solution is found, that is.

#3377056 - 08/29/11 01:15 AM Re: 1976 F2 Classic Short Series [Re: citizen guod]  
Dervish Offline
Hotshot
Dervish  Offline
Hotshot

A shame for anyone who discos, especially in the lead. Both Henny and Dave B. were much faster than me, I should have figured out a few corners a bit better (my fastest lap was my last, when I did manage to find some speed where I didn't before)...

anyway, great fun...fun mod

FTX Global
#3377066 - 08/29/11 01:24 AM Re: 1976 F2 Classic Short Series [Re: citizen guod]  
Weasel_Keeper Offline
SimHQ Forums Manager
Weasel_Keeper  Offline
SimHQ Forums Manager
Veteran

Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
You know me Doug, I'll just about race anything! I really don't like open wheelers but I still ran them as a back marker...lol. Today was a total brain fart and I thought the festivities were to start at noon. Imagine my surprise when just before noon I mounted my wheel on my desk, put on my TIR hat and turned it on, fired up TS, and started rFactor...and the race had started about 30 minutes earlier. duh

I can probably see people who are racing in the SCES series might not want to try to learn another car while still practicing the other one, and I was surprised that we did have a decent turnout most days for this series. Not an all out 20 car field, but not too terribly bad.

Now that this series is over I'm left wondering what to do until Bathurst, so I downloaded all of the SCES stuff and will run in practices. Probably won't run in a real race...4 hours would destroy my back...lol.

I really like the fun stuff like we used to do. Lupos, Meganes, Clios, Minis, Bimmers, PCC, etc. Fun cars that anyone can drive, and just go out and have some fun. Nothing more fun than running down the mountain road at Lienz in a bunch of Minis or something. Mayhem! wink

"Cave Putorium!"
SoWW #2485
Beware the Weasel
#3377783 - 08/30/11 01:56 AM Re: 1976 F2 Classic Short Series [Re: citizen guod]  
Birdski Offline
Birdski  Offline

Littleton Co. USA
Just a bit of commentary following Gouds request. I'm in much the same camp as WK, I'll drive anything but open wheelers in general and F2 I have to say are not my favorites. I tend to do better in cars that are not as fast as my brain, when its reversed I do far worse. It could be senility setting in.

As for iracing, if money were no object I would be all over it....maybe. I might just as easily decide not to participate at all just on principal. It seems unreasonably expensive to the average bear. The monthly subscription I might be able to handle but to have to purchase cars and tracks on top of that is a little out of line. Best of luck to them though, I'm sure its a fine product but dont look for me up there anytime soon if ever.

Now RF2 on the other hand I am very much looking forward to. If it has a fraction of the longevity, flexibilty and all around goodness RF had, I see a long bright future ahead. With certainty I can say, I will buy when released, even if there aren't a lot of compatible mods yet. If you build it they will come.

Jay "DaBirdski" Eklund
In thrust we trust
#3377942 - 08/30/11 09:51 AM Re: 1976 F2 Classic Short Series [Re: citizen guod]  
Darren_Blythe Offline
SimHQ MotorSports Editor
Darren_Blythe  Offline
SimHQ MotorSports Editor

Middlesex, UK
Sounds like you guys had a blast. Congrats to Henny for the win winner and the two Daves for the other podium spots.

Purolator, I really feel for you buddy. I went through a period in the GTR2 days where i used to disco almost every single race. I know how soul destroying that can be especially when you put so much time and effort into the preparation. I tried everything i could think of and still never really got to the bottom of it. In the end it was only a natural progression of hardware upgrades that seemed to eliminate the problems over time. I know it's not much help but hang in there, things will improve. You're too fast and passionate to be sat on the sidelines wink We all appreciate the time you spent helping put this together so thanks for that. thumbsup

Like most of you guys, i'll race anything providing time permits. Generally speaking i prefer to be sat in something with a roof but i'd rather be racing a lawn mower than not racing at all. I think generally speaking SimHQ does a great job of bringing a good balance of races. Introducing the iRacing events is definitely a good decision although people tend to stick to a specific sim so attendances will fluctuate - currently the trend is a gradual shift towards iRacing but i suspect things will tip the other way with the release of rF2. I have similar feelings to Birdski about iRacing. I've been there, got the T shirt and decided it didn't fit very well. Even forgetting the extortionate expense, it's just not what i want from a sim or how i like to do my racing.

Roses are #FF0000 , Violets are #0000FF
#3378185 - 08/30/11 06:04 PM Re: 1976 F2 Classic Short Series [Re: Darren_Blythe]  
purolator Offline
purolator  Offline

The Ruhr, Germany
Originally Posted By: Darren_Blythe
Purolator, I really feel for you buddy. I went through a period in the GTR2 days where i used to disco almost every single race. I know how soul destroying that can be especially when you put so much time and effort into the preparation. I tried everything i could think of and still never really got to the bottom of it. In the end it was only a natural progression of hardware upgrades that seemed to eliminate the problems over time. I know it's not much help but hang in there, things will improve. You're too fast and passionate to be sat on the sidelines wink We all appreciate the time you spent helping put this together so thanks for that. thumbsup

Thanks a lot, Darren. Yep, soul destroying sounds about right. Being more competitive than usual I had very high hopes in the series for a good showing, but in the end it would have been much better if that hadn't been the case and I would had expected business as usual instead. All motivation instantly vaporised at Rouen with the last disco - hopefully not for good.

Be my motivation as non-existent as it is now, in order to get this fixed I will eventually need to participate in races anyway, as otherwise I'll never find the reason for the more than average disconnection rates of mine.

So as a first step I went away from the onboard Realtek NIC and installed a superior Intel model. Furthermore I will run some network monitoring software in the background while racing and put it in recording mode. And if that Intel card should really already do the trick, then I can merrily kick myself for not having done so earlier, as I purchased this card in June and hadn't bothered to install before the F2 series started.

#3378278 - 08/30/11 08:04 PM Re: 1976 F2 Classic Short Series [Re: citizen guod]  
Birdski Offline
Birdski  Offline

Littleton Co. USA
Purolator,
Perhaps a new nic will solve your problems, perhaps not. I would think if you had a flaky nic you would notice issues elsewhere and not just in RF. You might give this a try and see if it offers any useful information although its really only a point in time snapshot.

ISCI Netalyzr

Intermittent problems are much harder to isolate. It could just as easily be on your router, switch, cabling or even upstream from your equipment. Loading up the built in network monitor might also give you clues provided you can capture a disco.

Jay "DaBirdski" Eklund
In thrust we trust
#3378338 - 08/30/11 09:06 PM Re: 1976 F2 Classic Short Series [Re: Birdski]  
purolator Offline
purolator  Offline

The Ruhr, Germany
Originally Posted By: Birdski
Purolator,
Perhaps a new nic will solve your problems, perhaps not. I would think if you had a flaky nic you would notice issues elsewhere and not just in RF. You might give this a try and see if it offers any useful information although its really only a point in time snapshot.

ISCI Netalyzr

Intermittent problems are much harder to isolate. It could just as easily be on your router, switch, cabling or even upstream from your equipment. Loading up the built in network monitor might also give you clues provided you can capture a disco.

Thanks for that site, Birdski. smile

The trouble with rFactor only happens in races, and the teamspeak connection stays. I can drive for hours in practice mode on the server, all is fine. Once a race is on with other drivers, trouble may or may not start.

What I intend to run during a race is either Wireshark or Microsoft Network Monitor 3.4. And by now I think I can risk to flash my router with DD-WRT, as I have a spare one left, if things go wrong.

Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.