For those who can't access the mag this is a very brief summary of what they found.This is no substitute for buying the magazine though as it's excellent.
Basically they tried various settings and posted the max/average/min frame rates:
(This is with Corei7 920 over-clocked @4GHz, Radeon HD6870, 12GB RAM at 1920x1280 rez.)ATI users take note
.....There is some stuff about the Radeon clock speeds which I won't go into here as you need to read them for yourself to fix a bug with them-the frames below are with the bug fixed using ATI tray tools to lock the clocks.
1. Stock frames with settings 'High' with forest to 'low', texture qual to 'original', grass disabled, AA, AE, SSAO and Vsync all to 'off' - frames 13/54/117
2. Stock frames with everything maxed out 'very high' but grass 'off' - frames 7/46/107
3. As 2 above with AA turned off in game but turned on in graphics card control panel 8x - frames 10/51/117
4. As 3 above with Vsync off in game but on in graphics card control panel - frames 13/52/119
5. As 4 above with texture in game changed from 'high' to 'original' - frames 15/52/117
6. As 5 above but with AF enabled in the graphics card control panel set to 8x instead of application controlled. - frames 19/58/145
7. As 6 above but with the cards AF set to 4x. - frames 21/63/144So as you can see the minimum frames have gone from the stock 7 to 21 and average 46 to 63.
Of course your own pc set up may vary these results. And grass is off so it's not going to look as good when sat on the ground but as grass and forest seem to be the biggest frame rate killer you may think this is worthwhile.
Hope this helps. It will be interesting to see what you get with these changes.