Well, this isn't the best work I've ever done, but it was a couple for firsts for me. Overall I think it came out ok. I became impatient towards the end and rushed it.
- First time I used salt weathering. Interesting concept. Its pretty easy once you get the hang of it. However after I put on a final dullcoat, whiteish splotches started to appear. Maybe the salt dried and faded? I'm not sure if I got all of the salt off entirely. I tried glosscoating over to fix, but no luck. Kind of stumped on that one. At least the splotches kind of go with the navy fading/weathering of a line bird.
- First time I used Promodeler wash. Good stuff.
- First time I've used Fightertown decals. I've purchased many sets, but this was the first time I've actually used them. Again, very happy.
- First time I took the plunge and sanded the line down the middle of the canopy that so many kits seem to have. I used Novus polish to finish it off, but the foggy haze just would not disappear completely. I tried using future after the Novus but the wax seemed to block the Future from sticking to the plastic. Eventually I got enough of the wax off to get a good dip in Future that would adhere.
Its not complete. I still need to add 2 AIM-9Xs and 1 GBU-38. the winders come from the academy viper, and the gbu-38 is from wolfpack. I also have to glue the exhaust nozzles. You can see in a few of the pictures that they are still loose.
Sorry for the pictures, Its tough to get decent pictures without using a flash and getting everything washed out.