Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3344730 - 07/18/11 05:28 PM for the people who live in the boonies  
rallisport Offline
rallisport  Offline

SC ,USA
This is my first post ever because i usually don't have much to say but i was reading through the posts and allot of people are not enjoying the new campaign because they don't have a good internet connection. I have downloaded and play the campaign daily through my phone. It's really easy to set up if you have a blackberry or droid phone with an unlimited data plan. If you have any questions just ask and i can explain.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3344918 - 07/18/11 08:02 PM Re: for the people who live in the boonies [Re: rallisport]  
Cold_Gambler Offline
Cold_Gambler  Offline

!

I don't have this particular problem, but I think it's awesome that you've found a work around.

Cheers,
C_G

looks very modernishy-phoney-windows eighty-tabletty like

Asus P8P67 Pro Rev. 3.0 // i5 2500k @4.3 GHz with Noctua NH-D14 // nvidia gtx 780 // 8 GB DDR3 1600 //Win7 home 64 bit //450 GB VelociRaptor //Recon3D Champion
#3345097 - 07/18/11 10:59 PM Re: for the people who live in the boonies [Re: rallisport]  
Avimimus Offline
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan
Avimimus  Offline
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan

Canada
Good to know. Thank you.

However, an unlimited data plan is still very expensive (no good if you only have moderate-low income, urban or rural) and it won't work in large parts of Canada (average population density is 1/200th that of the U.K. and approximately 1/10th of the U.S. - doesn't support much infrastructure unless it is publicly funded like in Australia)

#3345282 - 07/19/11 05:59 AM Re: for the people who live in the boonies [Re: rallisport]  
IV/JG7trumps Offline
IV/JG7trumps  Offline

Perth australia
Ours may be publicly funded, but it is still incomplete, still run by a corrupt
incompetent monopoly company, and we still are charged a packet to use it.

Craig

The problem with the World is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
#3345481 - 07/19/11 02:48 PM Re: for the people who live in the boonies [Re: IV/JG7trumps]  
swampthng Offline
swampthng  Offline

Originally Posted By: IV/JG7trumps

Craig

I used to think australia would be a cool place to live, but the more i see about your government in the news and such i'm thinking not so much. The people and everything seem super nice but your guys' government, man, nuts. The game censorship you have going on there is crazy. I have a couple friends here in the states that used to live in Australia and they complain constantly about your gov and say that was why they left. Shame because every single Aussie i've met has always been great.

Using smartphones is a good workaround though. Lot of rural areas here you can't even get dial up. I think they ran the phone lines through the farmers barb wire fences instead of proper wires.

#3346018 - 07/19/11 11:58 PM Re: for the people who live in the boonies [Re: IV/JG7trumps]  
julian265 Offline
julian265  Offline

Craig

+1. It's a pity more Australians don't look for other internet/phone providers, rather than going straight to Telstra. If they only knew the price difference...

I'm looking forward to the NBN. Why they couldn't have started from FTTN, then FTTH is beyond me though. (the official explanation doesn't make sense)

#3346024 - 07/20/11 12:04 AM Re: for the people who live in the boonies [Re: swampthng]  
julian265 Offline
julian265  Offline

Originally Posted By: swampthng

Craig

I used to think australia would be a cool place to live, but the more i see about your government in the news and such i'm thinking not so much. The people and everything seem super nice but your guys' government, man, nuts. The game censorship you have going on there is crazy. I have a couple friends here in the states that used to live in Australia and they complain constantly about your gov and say that was why they left. Shame because every single Aussie i've met has always been great.

Using smartphones is a good workaround though. Lot of rural areas here you can't even get dial up. I think they ran the phone lines through the farmers barb wire fences instead of proper wires.

Fortunately the censorship hasn't started yet. The concept makes me irate, but I can't see it being implemented either.

Anyway, I'd take slack/wastefull/unpredictable government departments and projects over more privatisation for the basic services any day. *stir*

#3346989 - 07/20/11 11:22 PM Re: for the people who live in the boonies [Re: rallisport]  
RoFfan Offline
RoFfan  Offline

Originally Posted By: rallisport
This is my first post ever because i usually don't have much to say but i was reading through the posts and allot of people are not enjoying the new campaign because they don't have a good internet connection. I have downloaded and play the campaign daily through my phone. It's really easy to set up if you have a blackberry or droid phone with an unlimited data plan. If you have any questions just ask and i can explain.

This could be good for a friend of mine. If you can describe how to do it I'll direct him here.

#3347029 - 07/21/11 01:01 AM Re: for the people who live in the boonies [Re: rallisport]  
Paul Rix Offline
Paul Rix  Offline

NW of Austin, Tx
I have been thinking about using my iPhone's 3G connection for this. I suspect I will need to pick up one of those small usb bluetooth adapters for the PC and then I should be good to go. My data plan isn't unlimited though (no longer available when I got my phone unfortunately).

Welcome to SimHQ Rallisport!

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.
Carl Sagan
#3348047 - 07/22/11 06:48 AM Re: for the people who live in the boonies [Re: rallisport]  
rallisport Offline
rallisport  Offline

SC ,USA
Yeah i forgot that most carriers did away with unlimited data plans and the only one that still did,(Verizon ) is doing away with it,i think.Anyway, there are a couple of programs to use but i use one called easytether.If you have an android phone you can find it in the marketplace,if not i think they have a website to download from.Once downloaded on phone plug phone into us port on pc.
I don't wanna make this to long but the instructions will tell the rest.

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.