Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#3342539 - 07/15/11 05:48 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: 2005AD]  
robtek Offline
robtek  Offline

Originally Posted By: 2005AD
Originally Posted By: Snapper
What you fail to see, 2005, is that your negative comments are not bringing anything new to the forum - it's just a continual rehash of complaints that drags down any positive new information about Cliffs of Dover - the afore mentioned tips, screenshots, videos, mods, etc. This forum is being reduced to the lowest common denominator - the same stinking morass of repeated (I repeat: repeated) complaints. To what end? Will Luthier stumble in at some point and realize that a bunch of SimHQ members are really unhappy about Cliffs of Dover? That Luthier will suddenly pull his thumb out and fix everything because of this? Really??

What IS happening is that the main CONTRIBUTORS to this sim have either left or are about to. Gone. Nothing new to see here folks, move along. All that's left are the complainers with nothing to contribute. And this is a good thing?

LoL, such melodrama, our sim is failing, it's the detractors fault.

Of course you have to deny and ridicule this possibility, but it is so.
But as you are prone to "not putting a effort in" that goes well with the fact that creating is much harder then destroying.

Last edited by robtek; 07/15/11 05:50 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3342542 - 07/15/11 05:51 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: robtek]  
2005AD Offline
2005AD  Offline

Originally Posted By: robtek
Of course you have to deny and ridicule this possibility, but it is so.

So it is nothing to do with the fact the sim just plane sucks? Oh a little pun... plane sucks smile

#3342543 - 07/15/11 05:52 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: Freycinet]  
Tree Offline
Tree  Offline

Derby, England
Originally Posted By: Freycinet
After Fearless_Frog and Heinkill left this forum, I'm now following them. They were among those I found the most fun in this forum and with them and others gone, I don't see any point in staying here either.

For quite a while the trolling in here has become intolerable. It has become impossible to actually talk about the sim. I have talked to the mods, who also think it is a big problem, but they don't want to do anything about it. I can see that it can be difficult to do something effective about the issue, but why they have been happy to have trolls and haters constantly coming in here with totally off-topic spam is beyond me.

Anyway, SimHQ is no longer a place in which it is possible to come and talk about CoD. I'm heading off over to the 1C forums, where there is a lively and interesting scene around the sim. I'm learning something new every time I go over there and I really like it. Here at SimHQ, the forum is dominated by the trolls and haters, who even come to brag about how often they have been banned at the 1C forum, when they don't continuously insist on badmouthing the developers in the most disgusting personal attacks.

However, I don't really accuse the moderators of anything. They are unpaid fans just like everybody else. It is just that the ratio of useful exchanges to absolute spam has tilted very heavily to the negative side. It is just a waste of time to come here.

I'll keep making movies, but I will not post them here. This forum is not one I want to be connected to. I respectfully ask that members here do not re-post a link to my future movies in this forum. Those who want to see them can find them elsewhere or directly on my youtube page (see signature).

I'm a bit sad that it will be seen as a "win" by the haters that their constant spamming has managed to chase everybody else out of here. But, hey, that is the way it is: those few people definitely made this place insufferable for everyone. The site staff didn't want to do anything about it, because they wanted "balance". Well, the end result is anything but balance, because a lot of good people decided to leave. I'm not one of them, but I'm following them, because this place is no longer worth it and I value my time too much to waste it here.

Thanks to all who tried to make this a nice place to come and who posted interesting content,

Cheers,
Freycinet.

With all the Pathos he could muster
Theres not a dry eye in the house.....

Does anyone remember the film Shane? The ending seems so much like Freys post... apart from noone is shouting come back.

Last edited by Tree; 07/15/11 05:55 PM.
#3342544 - 07/15/11 05:54 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: robtek]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
that goes well with the fact that creating is much harder then destroying.

Someone has watched Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan recently.

wink

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#3342546 - 07/15/11 05:56 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: 2005AD]  
robtek Offline
robtek  Offline

This sim has its problems, but you, and many others, are no help in solving them.

#3342549 - 07/15/11 05:58 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
robtek Offline
robtek  Offline

Well, actually not, but true is true, regardless where it comes from.

#3342550 - 07/15/11 05:59 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: Chivas]  
Boilerplate* Offline
Viceroy of Huntly
Boilerplate*  Offline
Viceroy of Huntly
Hotshot

Virginia, USA
Originally Posted By: Chivas
Many people haven't gotten over the fact that the sim was released before it was finished.

And many of those same folks complained inperpetuity about the release date being pushed back.

So you see it really is all a game of getting one's goat. The group has a gander at the forum every morning over tea.. like it was some sort of gossip column. - Frantically looking for any new figment to stoke a flame. Kind of like paparazzi following folks around on their mopeds.

It's a Game. smile
#3342552 - 07/15/11 05:59 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: Tree]  
Brealistic Offline
Brealistic  Offline

Originally Posted By: Tree
After Fearless_Frog and Heinkill left this forum, I'm now following them. They were among those I found the most fun in this forum and with them and others gone, I don't see any point in staying here either.

For quite a while the trolling in here has become intolerable. It has become impossible to actually talk about the sim. I have talked to the mods, who also think it is a big problem, but they don't want to do anything about it. I can see that it can be difficult to do something effective about the issue, but why they have been happy to have trolls and haters constantly coming in here with totally off-topic spam is beyond me.

Anyway, SimHQ is no longer a place in which it is possible to come and talk about CoD. I'm heading off over to the 1C forums, where there is a lively and interesting scene around the sim. I'm learning something new every time I go over there and I really like it. Here at SimHQ, the forum is dominated by the trolls and haters, who even come to brag about how often they have been banned at the 1C forum, when they don't continuously insist on badmouthing the developers in the most disgusting personal attacks.

However, I don't really accuse the moderators of anything. They are unpaid fans just like everybody else. It is just that the ratio of useful exchanges to absolute spam has tilted very heavily to the negative side. It is just a waste of time to come here.

I'll keep making movies, but I will not post them here. This forum is not one I want to be connected to. I respectfully ask that members here do not re-post a link to my future movies in this forum. Those who want to see them can find them elsewhere or directly on my youtube page (see signature).

I'm a bit sad that it will be seen as a "win" by the haters that their constant spamming has managed to chase everybody else out of here. But, hey, that is the way it is: those few people definitely made this place insufferable for everyone. The site staff didn't want to do anything about it, because they wanted "balance". Well, the end result is anything but balance, because a lot of good people decided to leave. I'm not one of them, but I'm following them, because this place is no longer worth it and I value my time too much to waste it here.

Thanks to all who tried to make this a nice place to come and who posted interesting content,

Cheers,
Freycinet.

Does anyone remember the film Shane? The ending seems so much like Freys post... apart from noone is shouting come back.

and wonder why ? seehearspeak

#3342554 - 07/15/11 06:01 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: robtek]  
Tree Offline
Tree  Offline

Derby, England
This sim has its problems, but you, and many others, are no help in solving them.

lol, well i beg to differ, there have been many many posts at 1C in bug reports, but have we had any feedback at all? Not even a thank you.

#3342558 - 07/15/11 06:05 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: Tree]  
JG52Krupi Offline
JG52Krupi  Offline

lol, well i beg to differ, there have been many many posts at 1C in bug reports, but have we had any feedback at all? Not even a thank you.

Tree I have yet to see you post a bug etc that has not already being mentioned, so are you helping in anyway and if you think you are all that does is show how far you have your head up your ass... which is surprising given how over inflated it is..... blahblahblah

Last edited by JG52Krupi; 07/15/11 06:06 PM.
#3342562 - 07/15/11 06:09 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: Freycinet]  
commorange Offline
commorange  Offline

Troy, OH
After Fearless_Frog and Heinkill left this forum, I'm now following them. Cheers, Freycinet.

Oh dear. Soon the only people left will be those that criticize this unfinished game and want it completed.

Tell you what, I will be a lot nicer than you or some of your friends ever were with the name calling, subtle

inferences and character attacks on people that have critiqued this game. As I stated I continue to hope and think

the devs will finish this game and in time it will be the great Air combat Simulator we all hoped for. I wont quit

unless they do. I think thats fair enough. So when CoD is finished, come on back and you will find the one time

critics are fans of the game enjoying it with relish.

my system: Intel Core I7 920 @ 3570ghz
Asus P6T MB
6 GB OCZ DDR3 RAM , dram freq 680 mhz, NB freq 2720 mhz
Radeon HD 4870 w/ 1 Gb vram
OS.. Windows 7 professional 64 bit
WD 2 TB hard disk drive etc.

#3342563 - 07/15/11 06:10 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: Tree]  
robtek Offline
robtek  Offline

So what, you need a clap on the back for finding a wrong? And a thank you? The patches are the "thank you".
To find it and to report it is right and good, but to report the same error again and again isn't.
The devs might or might not take this wrong as serious as you do and act accordingly.
That you'll find out with the next patch, or the patch after, or the next, or never.
Fact is, that the devs are working to solve the problems and already have improved the sim a lot.

#3342566 - 07/15/11 06:13 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: robtek]  
JG52Krupi Offline
JG52Krupi  Offline

So what, you need a clap on the back for finding a wrong? And a thank you? The patches are the "thank you".
To find it and to report it is right and good, but to report the same error again and again isn't.
The devs might or might not take this wrong as serious as you do and act accordingly.
That you'll find out with the next patch, or the patch after, or the next, or never.
Fact is, that the devs are working to solve the problems and already have improved the sim a lot.

BURN ROBTEK HES POSTED A POSITIVE REPLY THEREFORE HE HAS AIDS...

^General view of a "hater" you should know the usual suspects by now.

#3342567 - 07/15/11 06:13 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: Tree]  
ZG26_Emil Offline
ZG26_Emil  Offline

Cheshire....Ok stockport

Because nearly everyone one else buggered off ages ago.

Formerly JG5_Emil
#3342568 - 07/15/11 06:16 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: 2005AD]  
ATAG_Snapper Offline
ATAG_Snapper  Offline

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: 2005AD
Originally Posted By: Snapper
What you fail to see, 2005, is that your negative comments are not bringing anything new to the forum - it's just a continual rehash of complaints that drags down any positive new information about Cliffs of Dover - the afore mentioned tips, screenshots, videos, mods, etc. This forum is being reduced to the lowest common denominator - the same stinking morass of repeated (I repeat: repeated) complaints. To what end? Will Luthier stumble in at some point and realize that a bunch of SimHQ members are really unhappy about Cliffs of Dover? That Luthier will suddenly pull his thumb out and fix everything because of this? Really??

What IS happening is that the main CONTRIBUTORS to this sim have either left or are about to. Gone. Nothing new to see here folks, move along. All that's left are the complainers with nothing to contribute. And this is a good thing?

LoL, such melodrama, our sim is failing, it's the detractors fault.

Well, I thought the "stinking morass" bit was pretty good.......

The sim is failing is the developers' fault, not the detractors. If it's released in its current state to the US and the rest of the Americas on July 19th the howling will be heard up on the ISS. This FORUM is failing because of the detractors (a better term, IMHO, than haters). We're losing some excellent creative contributors who bring fresh material to this forum because of the detractors who are dragging everyone down into their......stinking morass of refried whining complaints. biggrin

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit, Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 512.95, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
#3342569 - 07/15/11 06:16 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: robtek]  
Bokononist Offline
Currently using: Occams Electric Shaver
Bokononist  Offline
Currently using: Occams Electric Shaver

Liverpool, UK (Cornish exile)

+1

Ironic though, that Feycinets leaving present was to start another circular argument where everyone leaves with exactly the same opinion they started with...roll on tuesday...

"Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand." - A calypso.

i5 2500K@4.5Ghz | MSI P67A-GD53 | 8G DDR3 Corsair@1600 | Gainward GLH 460x2 SLI oc | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Antec Truepower New 750W PSU | Win 7 64bit | Black Widow HOTAS | Freetrack 2.2/PS3 eyetoy

#3342571 - 07/15/11 06:18 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: Tree]  
JG52Krupi Offline
JG52Krupi  Offline

Its a pity that Frey has decided to go but its reflects badly on this forum and its members that people can post like this.

Also you must have selective vision as I read a few posts that said they were sad to see him go... what it must be like to live life with so much negativity I feel sorry for you tree frown

#3342572 - 07/15/11 06:19 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: commorange]  
robtek Offline
robtek  Offline

Originally Posted By: commorange
After Fearless_Frog and Heinkill left this forum, I'm now following them. Cheers, Freycinet.

Oh dear. Soon the only people left will be those that criticize this unfinished game and want it completed.

Tell you what, I will be a lot nicer than you or some of your friends ever were with the name calling, subtle

inferences and character attacks on people that have critiqued this game. As I stated I continue to hope and think

the devs will finish this game and in time it will be the great Air combat Simulator we all hoped for. I wont quit

unless they do. I think thats fair enough. So when CoD is finished, come on back and you will find the one time

critics are fans of the game enjoying it with relish.

Oh, now i understand, all the advertizing companies worldwide doing it wrong to promote something.
If you want something to have success you must critisize it remorseless and badmouthing it, thats the way to do it.
Only bad press promotes something.
And all people who already see something good must be ridiculed, because they are a hindrance on the way to a bestseller.
The devs already made enough money to finance another 10 years of further developement, so thats no problem.

I've stopped wondering...

#3342576 - 07/15/11 06:22 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: robtek]  
commorange Offline
commorange  Offline

Troy, OH

I disagree with you on this. If the problem or bug is reported and the devs admit it and give feedback telling

us it will be fixed, fine we can stop repeating it. Right now many of the issues are not even being admitted let

alone promised to be fixed. If the devs dont take the bug or problem as serious as the users do, then they should.

We are the ones paying for their product. They work for us. Until we get feedback from them that a bug is being fixed,

we ought to continue complaining. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease"

my system: Intel Core I7 920 @ 3570ghz
Asus P6T MB
6 GB OCZ DDR3 RAM , dram freq 680 mhz, NB freq 2720 mhz
Radeon HD 4870 w/ 1 Gb vram
OS.. Windows 7 professional 64 bit
WD 2 TB hard disk drive etc.

#3342578 - 07/15/11 06:25 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: JG52Krupi]  
Tree Offline
Tree  Offline

Derby, England
Originally Posted By: JG52Krupi

Its a pity that Frey has decided to go but its reflects badly on this forum and its members that people can post like this.

Also you must have selective vision as I read a few posts that said they were sad to see him go... what it must be like to live life with so much negativity I feel sorry for you tree frown

Dont feel sorry for me Krupi, im ok honestly, and no matter how hard you try im not going to start disliking you.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.