Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#3338058 - 07/09/11 03:57 AM Re: BF3 classes and new info... [Re: Magnum]  
Dirt_Diver Offline
Dirt_Diver  Offline

Originally Posted By: Magnum
then start your own forum or go elsewhere... until you own SimHQ or work for the site, WE will make the rules on what to discuss and how.

Come on. Is there anyone here at SimHQ who can explain to me how to get this "Magnum" fella out of here? I'll do whatever it takes.

|| Intel Quad Core Q9550 @ 3.7GHz || nVidia GeForce GTX 580 1.5GB || 8 GB Corsair DDR2 || Win 7 64bit ||
|| Logitech G500 Mouse || Logitech Driving Force GT Racing Gear || Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Quadrant || Saitek X52 Pro Hotas || TrackIR 5 ||
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3338063 - 07/09/11 04:10 AM Re: BF3 classes and new info... [Re: Magnum]  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
complain to doug, owner and operator of SimHQ... he tell me to leave, then gone. wink

#3338064 - 07/09/11 04:13 AM Re: BF3 classes and new info... [Re: Magnum]  
Dirt_Diver Offline
Dirt_Diver  Offline

Magnum, I was joking above but I’ve got a challenge for you ... 1 vs 1 Ghost Recon counter-sniper action. Best two out of three. If you win ... I’ll leave SimHQ. If I win ... I’ll stick around to bug you some more biggrin Your choice of servers.

|| Intel Quad Core Q9550 @ 3.7GHz || nVidia GeForce GTX 580 1.5GB || 8 GB Corsair DDR2 || Win 7 64bit ||
|| Logitech G500 Mouse || Logitech Driving Force GT Racing Gear || Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Quadrant || Saitek X52 Pro Hotas || TrackIR 5 ||
#3338082 - 07/09/11 04:45 AM Re: BF3 classes and new info... [Re: Magnum]  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
hell no... already told you i think your one of the best gamers here at SimHQ skill wise... my only beef with you is your condescending replies to opinions you don't agree with...

Back On Topic: you make some good anti-sniper tactics remarks above... but then with the usual... stop whining, stop moaning about it... ending. Over use of snipers in most tactical shooters is evident, so talking about it in a forum like this is 100% acceptable.

If you don't agree with a position, counter point... but with respect. Thats all I ask.

#3338088 - 07/09/11 05:07 AM Re: BF3 classes and new info... [Re: Magnum]  
Beltfed Offline
Beltfed  Offline

NYC, NY, USA
I read here that there are too many snipers and servers can't keep their numbers down. But as stated I've played on several (simHQs too) that only allow a sniper or two per side... I was 'killed' when I selected sniper. I just wish the schmoos let me know that there were too many

Tim "Beltfed" Harrison
NCOIC,
718th TFW,
SkyScrapers
http://www.718tfw.com
#3338107 - 07/09/11 05:50 AM Re: BF3 classes and new info... [Re: Magnum]  
Pooch Offline
Hotshot
Pooch  Offline
Hotshot

Orlando, FL
My intention wasn't to whine, I'd just like to get into a realistic firefight. A couple of units firing away at each other, trying to gain the best position, outflanking...etc. Infantry tactics.
With everybody a sniper, no way that's going to happen. To be honest, I can't imagine anything more boring than sitting in one place and sniping at guys.
I love the excitement of trying to take and hold a position with my unit. My favorite class is assault. I just want to be an average grunt fighting as part of a platoon. Team player, here. Couldn't care less about points.
And the part about the assault people healing troops, isn't a bad idea. In real combat, your buddies would certainly try to save your ass, stop the bleeding, dress a wound, whatever they could do until the docs came along. They wouldn't just leave you to die.
Anyway, I'm very, very much looking forward to this. Gonna be fun. And if I really wanna get serious, I'll pick up Red Orchestra2.

"From our orbital vantage point, we observe an earth without borders, full of peace, beauty and magnificence, and we pray that humanity as a whole can imagine a borderless world as we see it, and strive to live as one in peace."
Astronaut William C. McCool RIP, January 29, 2003 - Space Shuttle Columbia

#3338162 - 07/09/11 09:43 AM Re: BF3 classes and new info... [Re: Magnum]  
Friday Offline
Friday  Offline

Sevenoaks, England.
As recon, I try to help out my buddies as much as I can, I look out for enemy snipers and groups of people and armor to call mortor strikes in on.
I must say though, some of the assault guys with optics are damn accurate too.

Looking forward to BF3, just had a recent upgrade so no worries here biggrin

That Farrow bloke you executed today, are you sure he's dead?
Well I chopped his head off, that usually does the trick.
Yes, don't get clever with me Baldrick. I just thought you might have lopped off a leg or something by mistake.
No, the thing I chopped off had a nose.
#3338293 - 07/09/11 03:20 PM Re: BF3 classes and new info... [Re: Pooch]  
Executioner Offline
Executioner  Offline

Originally Posted By: Pooch
I love the excitement of trying to take and hold a position with my unit. My favorite class is assault. I just want to be an average grunt fighting as part of a platoon. Team player, here. Couldn't care less about points.

I completely agree with this sentiment. It's just exhilarating to scream into a position with guys around you - knowing that to your left and right people are trying to keep enemy heads down (or blow them off). The number of times I've had a guy appear off to one side with me in his sights, only to have a team-mate mow him down at the last second just can't be counted! biggrin

Who care's about the points - you can't take em with you wink

Martin...

#3338802 - 07/10/11 08:35 AM Re: BF3 classes and new info... [Re: Pooch]  
Ojokoltsa Offline
Ojokoltsa  Offline

Looks pretty good!

I'm still not sure whether to buy this one or not. But it definitely looks interesting. I'll keep an eye on this title.

Originally Posted By: Pooch
I just want to be an average grunt fighting as part of a platoon. Team player, here. Couldn't care less about points.

+1

MoBo: MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) | CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K 4x3.40GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 CL8 8GB Kit | GPU: MSI N560GTX Twin Frozr II/OC 1GB DDR5 | SND: AuzenTech X-Meridian 7.1 2G | PSU: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550W | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB – ArchLinux | HDD: WD Caviar Green 1000GB (Data) | DVD-RW: Pioneer DVR-218L | Sony Optiarc AD-7240S
#3338859 - 07/10/11 12:46 PM Re: BF3 classes and new info... [Re: Magnum]  
red barron Offline
red barron  Offline

I want to know how battlefield 3 will deal with the prone system. In battelfield 2 insta prone was annoying

#3339200 - 07/11/11 12:01 AM Re: BF3 classes and new info... [Re: red barron]  
Dirt_Diver Offline
Dirt_Diver  Offline

Originally Posted By: red barron
I want to know how battlefield 3 will deal with the prone system. In battelfield 2 insta prone was annoying

I'm with ya red. In BF2 you could do this combined jump/prone move where you’d go prone mid-air ... kinda like diving for the dirt or what others call a dolphin dive. This was good if you were the diving shooter but bad if you were shooting at said dolphin smile

I don’t think this'll exist in BF3 as DICE has adopted the FIFA Soccer animation engine because they're friggin' geniuses! smile I think the animations should be a lot smoother this time around.

#3340082 - 07/12/11 04:50 AM Re: BF3 classes and new info... [Re: Magnum]  
shadylurker Offline
shadylurker  Offline

I don't always choose recon, but when I do, assault Wookie all the way.

#3340083 - 07/12/11 04:51 AM Re: BF3 classes and new info... [Re: Magnum]  
kestrel79 Offline
kestrel79  Offline

Wisconsin, USA
It would be cool if the squad leader could hit a button and chat with the other squad leaders like in PR. That way you can coordinate attacks with multiple squads. Hopefully they can figure out a way to do this on a PS3 controller (yes I play on ps3).

Right now in BFBC2 I have been playing as the sniper and with the right weapons you can still be an effective team player with the sniper kit. True though most don't play this way and just sit on one side of the map and get 1 kill per round just sitting there. But done right a sniper can throw motion mines while capping, switch to a handgun and be pretty solid in a close range fire fight in the right hands.

Really looking forward to this game it will take up LOTS of time for me smile

Intel i5 2500k // Asus P8P67 // 16GB G.Skill RAM // RX480 8GB // 27" monitor // VKB Black Mamba Mk.III // Warthog Throttle // TFRP Pedals // W7
#3340379 - 07/12/11 03:59 PM Re: BF3 classes and new info... [Re: Magnum]  
December Offline
December  Offline

Maybe there should be 2 classes of snipers, the useful guys that sit on the edge of the map sniping and calling out targets and arty who have no need for motion mines, and the useless snipers who are up front taking objectives where motion mines are not so useful. Who the hell needs a sniper running around looking like a bush with a hand gun capping objectives?
Give the motion mines to another class and let the wookies sit in a bush.

Last edited by December; 07/13/11 12:10 AM.
#3340385 - 07/12/11 04:11 PM Re: BF3 classes and new info... [Re: Magnum]  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
well BF3 is suppose to introduce some type of platoon/squad/team grouping before joining the game... so maybe that will happen Kestrel... maybe. wink

#3342724 - 07/15/11 10:08 PM Re: BF3 classes and new info... [Re: Magnum]  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

then start your own forum or go elsewhere... until you own SimHQ or work for the site, WE will make the rules on what to discuss and how.

Good on you - I personally prefer a bit of strong opinion. Magnum - come by some of the flight sub-forums, they're being killed by lack of opinionated mods, they get trashed daily by trolls and it ended up as 'sorry, if it's in the ToS it stays, nothing we can do..'.

Forum modding is hard, but it's also there to curate discussion and not just respect free-speech. People come here to chat not pulpit an extreme..

Oh, and on topic - I never met a sniper in BC2 that I didn't enjoy stabbing in the back while they ass-sat. I've been on enough public servers watching COMs failing to be grabbed to enjoy every kill smile

#3342835 - 07/16/11 02:37 AM Re: BF3 classes and new info... [Re: FearlessFrog]  
Dirt_Diver Offline
Dirt_Diver  Offline

Originally Posted By: FearlessFrog

Good on you - I personally prefer a bit of strong opinion. Magnum - come by some of the flight sub-forums, they're being killed by lack of opinionated mods, they get trashed daily by trolls and it ended up as 'sorry, if it's in the ToS it stays, nothing we can do..'.

Forum modding is hard, but it's also there to curate discussion and not just respect free-speech. People come here to chat not pulpit an extreme..

Oh, and on topic - I never met a sniper in BC2 that I didn't enjoy stabbing in the back while they ass-sat. I've been on enough public servers watching COMs failing to be grabbed to enjoy every kill smile

Frog, I’m not sure why you wanted to step into this but I’m inferring that you’re taking a bit of a shot at me.

I originally replied to this thread because I get tired of people on the forums saying things like "snipers suck" if they can't seem to deal with the problem. I was merely suggesting that people should discuss how to overcome their problem instead of just saying that it sucks but Magnum retaliated with that closed minded “go away, this is our site” response that I’m so used to from him. If anyone here is pontificating an extreme, I would say it was Magnum.

#3342851 - 07/16/11 03:17 AM Re: BF3 classes and new info... [Re: Dirt_Diver]  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

Originally Posted By: Dirt_Diver
Originally Posted By: FearlessFrog

Frog, I’m not sure why you wanted to step into this but I’m inferring that you’re taking a bit of a shot at me.

I originally replied to this thread because I get tired of people on the forums saying things like "snipers suck" if they can't seem to deal with the problem. I was merely suggesting that people should discuss how to overcome their problem instead of just saying that it sucks but Magnum retaliated with that closed minded “go away, this is our site” response that I’m so used to from him. If anyone here is pontificating an extreme, I would say it was Magnum.

No shot at you Driver, and apologies if it read that way. It was more that Magnum was getting into the swing of discussions as a true gamer and I liked that. Probably a mistake to step in this thread.

#3342856 - 07/16/11 03:29 AM Re: BF3 classes and new info... [Re: Magnum]  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
don't worry about it... DD and I have a love/dislike relationship here... and it fits fine. wink

#3347811 - 07/21/11 11:01 PM Re: BF3 classes and new info... [Re: Magnum]  
Beltfed Offline
Beltfed  Offline

NYC, NY, USA
KIDS!! Yer all pretty so hug n move on!! smile

Again I recall playin on servers that had sniper limits.

I think a sniper can be a team player but it's all about comms... They (the sniper) should call out targets location, call fer fires (11 Charlies like boom booms! ) supress troops by killing or at least drawing them off. Additionally when peeps get mad @ snipers they get stoopider (me included smile ) and do dumb things.. diluting attacks on friendlies. But again it's all about COMMS. The most dangerous thing any trooper has is a radio with fresh batteries! So I like to call out stuff on teamspeak in addition to screaming like a little girl when I get shot at smile

Also people have to LISTEN... and feedback.. It doesn't have to be like Military Monday stuff but if no one is listening then data is useless..

Tim "Beltfed" Harrison
NCOIC,
718th TFW,
SkyScrapers
http://www.718tfw.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.