Forums » Read Only Forums » Read Only Forums » Yankee Air Pirate 2 (Read Only) » Release of Mission Set # 10 ? Active Topics You are not logged in. [Log In] [Register User]
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#3334679 - 07/04/11 02:20 PM Release of Mission Set # 10 ?
heat2151 Offline

Loc: NY
John and Co.

I know that you guy's just finished Phase II of Rising Sun. I look forward to phase III Great work, I love the attention to historical detail. Now, if you could please shed a little light on any future developments regarding YAP2 and the next mission set # 10. Also, considering all the changes that went on with the third wire series, any luck on converting the entire yap2 mission sets to run with SF2/Windows7? and one more thing, I hope everyone has a safe and great 4th of July.

This goes out to all the men and woman serving and who have served in a military uniform and fought for our country. Your sacrifice is the reason why our country is so great, thank you for your service.

Tango & God Bless America
Heat2151
US Navy Retired, 2008
"What Bad Habits, I just love Flight Simming, Hot Women (My Wife) Fast Cars (Family Van) Chillin with the troops (My Kids) Watching Basketball (NY Knicks), Football (NY Jets), Baseball (NY Yankees) Over Steaks and beers, but other wise no bad habits" wink
Windows 7 64 bit, AMD Phenom II x4 965, XFX Radeon 5770, MSI 890FXA-GD70, G skill DDR3 8 GB,
80 GB SSD, (2) WD 300 GB VelociRaptors-(Raid 0), (2) Spin point F3 1 TB , XFX XPS-850 Watt P/S, HAF 932 Black.

#3334698 - 07/04/11 02:45 PM Re: Release of Mission Set # 10 ? [Re: heat2151]
NIELS Offline

I would like to 'coattail' of heat2151 - Thanks to the YAP/RS team and their great YAP versions/msn sets, and RS phase I & II. The team and leader Zerocinco have brought us three of the best/outstanding re-creations of combat history for the PC ever! Their product quality and customer support are second to none! I only hope their ambition to continue these and possible future historical air combat msn sets will continue.

I would also like to thank and ask God to bless all past, present, and future warriors who fight and sacrifice for freedom and democracy for our country and abroad.

Vr NIELS thumbsup

#3335385 - 07/05/11 01:53 PM Re: Release of Mission Set # 10 ? [Re: heat2151]
8 L.E.I.N. Offline

Loc: Detroit, Michigan USA
Funny that its brought up as John and I were just discussing that a few days ago. A SF2/YAP2 conversion is still on the table and I had just started some testing with what I'll call the W7 version of YAP2, unofficially YAP2W7.
(yes, I finally broke down and bought a W7/DX11 system).

I just have no idea how far into we will go with patch levels. I do know we will not sacrifice things that work fine for sake of rivet photo op.

On the current YAP2 front, we are awaiting one plane for sure from our Master Aircraft supplier, perhaps another for set #10 of YAP2.

Hinch still has the Turner Joy in dry dock. He is busy with the Essex and some other items for Rising Sun III and
Edward is trimming the terrain and planting Orchids.

So, as long as 05, our Creator/Producer sees fit, we shall plod along. I think he took time off to get some flight time in his Sailplane over the Sierra Madre's.

#3336078 - 07/06/11 02:09 PM Re: Release of Mission Set # 10 ? [Re: heat2151]
zerocinco Offline

Loc: Tchepone, Laos
I guess it's time to get back to work.

I am checking on the last plane for Set 10 and thinking of adding another. There is one freeware clunker we might use for a one-mission story that we think is important history. After the quality we put into the RS models, using junk sort of grates on our nerves. But this is going to be a free set to members and there is not much profit in that.

Like Eight says, the shipyards are busy. Also, it seems that a lot of this stuff runs in ways that are counter to information...a nice surprise after testing.

Phase Three needs to be worked out but after YAP. We skipped over things that we had already completed that we need to find a way to work in. The First Darwin Raids are done. There are several continued stories in Burma. Burma is important because it is where the Japanese lost the war, possibly even more than at Midway. There are some great air battles and Edward has made some stunning terrain.

#3341801 - 07/14/11 01:11 PM Re: Release of Mission Set # 10 ? [Re: heat2151]
zerocinco Offline

We are now putting together the last set of missions for Yankee Air Pirate. We are planning to introduce several aircraft and, possibly, something afloat also.

We have a surprise in the works that is being tested right now.

The missions are of aspects of the war that are generally unknown. We will also include some that are more standard...missions that just didn't get included before. We cannot do them all because research and briefings are time sinks and Rising Sun has quite a few models coming in. But we will be generous.

We didn't want to release this last set until we had something unique to release. We do now.

I cannot say when because we have 3 or 4 new aircraft to bring in and texture...and maybe one or two ships. That's 3 weeks just for paint working full time once they have arrived and we have paid for them.

This last set is going to be free to our customers who bought our mission sets.

We promised it and it is now on the front burner.

#3342434 - 07/15/11 11:41 AM Re: Release of Mission Set # 10 ? [Re: heat2151]
NIELS Offline

You must have patience for the good things in life - such is the case with YAP.
Thanks YAP/RS team for what you have accomplished and will bring in the future.

Vr NIELS
thumbsup

#3344973 - 07/18/11 04:53 PM Re: Release of Mission Set # 10 ? [Re: heat2151]
heat2151 Offline

Loc: NY
John,

I'm with NIELS, on this all good things, come for those who wait. I appreciate the feed back on the future plans for yap2, and the hopeful conversion to SF2, and the final set.

Thanks guy's for all the hard work and attention to detail, in terms of getting as close to perfect as you can, believe me with RS it shows. So, considering all the hard work and effort, what's next on the horizon after Rising Sun and YAP2.? The concept plan is outstanding, will their be other eras
of air warfare that will be covered ? 91 Gulf war, 51-53 Korea, (World war II have been covered in depth) with possible (Israeli conflicts).

I'm getting ahead of myself, just a huge fan that's all.

Tango,
Heat2151
"What Bad Habits, I just love Flight Simming, Hot Women (My Wife) Fast Cars (Family Van) Chillin with the troops (My Kids) Watching Basketball (NY Knicks), Football (NY Jets), Baseball (NY Yankees) Over Steaks and beers, but other wise no bad habits" wink
Windows 7 64 bit, AMD Phenom II x4 965, XFX Radeon 5770, MSI 890FXA-GD70, G skill DDR3 8 GB,
80 GB SSD, (2) WD 300 GB VelociRaptors-(Raid 0), (2) Spin point F3 1 TB , XFX XPS-850 Watt P/S, HAF 932 Black.

#3370976 - 08/20/11 12:03 AM Re: Release of Mission Set # 10 ? [Re: heat2151]
colmack Offline

As far as the future goes I'd like to see a set that encompasses the "Line Of Death" actions from the first swing wing aircraft encounters, Operation Eldorado Canyon to the modern nato lead actions I'm just thinking that the Yap team already has most of the major USN ships in there fleet with just a little update to air wings and such. I have always thought that the epic flight from England by the varks has to rate as one of the greatest single missions in air combat history.

#3371840 - 08/21/11 03:04 PM Re: Release of Mission Set # 10 ? [Re: heat2151]
8 L.E.I.N. Offline

Loc: Detroit, Michigan USA
John has it and we walk pass the F-111 and we keep talking about it. Its sitting there in the repair shop and we keep doing the head scratch saying "what about if we do this....with that....."

Along with a proper version of "Charlie dont surf" right down to the PA system actually working on the Helo's. So theres a lot of logistics to consider.

#3385055 - 09/07/11 06:56 PM Re: Release of Mission Set # 10 ? [Re: heat2151]
zerocinco Offline

We are bringing the pieces together for Set 10. We are waiting on our favorite airplane modeler who is having trouble finding the time to finish this last bird for us. Set 10 will have some surprises and several aircraft. The trick this time is that by now, you must know how to fly.

Here's a couple of shots:

By popular request

We are going to refit the deck aircraft to match the cruise we are using in this set. Lots of painting to do.

It's kind of exciting to open up the YAP toy box. We have learned some things making Rising Sun and we will put those skills to use in this last go-around. I had wanted to turn out 238 combat missions (the number I flew) but even doing it our way...telling the story of the entire air war...repetition is hard to avoid.

We have created things for Wings Over Vietnam that has made it the game I thought it should have been when I saw it at Best Buy all those years ago (things like ships, new aircraft, transports, helicopters and helicopter flight, aerial refueling, lights, carriers, too many I guess). Most of all, we gave you a chance to fly real missions as they were told to us by other real pilots.

I have not decided about a couple of jets and one helicopter but there is plenty in Set 10.

This last set is the necessary end piece to our efforts.

Edited by zerocinco (09/07/11 06:58 PM)

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:

Moderator:  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Would anyone like a free copy of Witcher 2(GOG version)?
by Coot
Today at 10:48 AM
Happy Birthday JimK
by piper
Yesterday at 11:49 PM
Apalled. Is this for real?!
by komemiute
Yesterday at 04:32 PM
20 years ago today... Football Fins vs Jets...
by Magnum
Yesterday at 02:46 PM
Steam autumn sale just started.
by JanesHQ
Yesterday at 01:57 PM
Happy Thanksgiving SimHQ'ers! What are your plans?
by Force10
Yesterday at 12:52 PM
Looking for a Single Malt for Christmas?
by Jayhawk
Yesterday at 12:14 PM
Gymkhana 7 w/ '65 Ford Mustang
by JoeyJoJo
Yesterday at 12:03 PM
Which game has the best surround sound?
by bigbird
Yesterday at 11:42 AM
Thanksgiving turkey done right
by Peally
Yesterday at 09:34 AM

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement
Copyright 1997-2014, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.