Hop To
Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16
#3317453 - 06/13/11 02:56 AM Re: Disappointed *** [Re: knightgames]  
Nimits Offline
Hotshot
Nimits  Offline
Hotshot

United States of America
I bought RoF on promise of the career mode. That promise was fulfilled.

I am so far not planning to buy CoD for lack of that same promise/mode.

Last edited by Nimits; 06/13/11 02:56 AM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3317454 - 06/13/11 03:00 AM Re: Disappointed [Re: soaringbird]  
Plainsman Offline
Plainsman  Offline

Vikings Season Ticket Holder
Originally Posted By: soaringbird
To be honest I don't understand all that disappointment from the game and why people still consider it broken or unfinished after the patches. Any game has bugs. FSX was a bugs feast when it came and hardly ran on any pc. I remember a huge ugly green/violet stripes on the water in fsx at some point.

Sorry, but you are totally wrong. Go back and check the reviews on FSX and ROF when they were first released. You won't find anything, ANYTHING, like the 45% given COD by Andy MaHood, of PC Gamer, the most respected sim reviewer for the last 20 years, or by any other professional reviewer. Fanboys trying to equate first release of COD to first release of any other prominent sim just sound desperate to defend the indefensible.

I repeat, the fact that SimHQ, the most trusted sim site on the entire Internet, refuses to review COD until the 10th or so patch, tells you how bad COD really is.

Last edited by Plainsman; 06/13/11 03:01 AM.

Acer: XB 280HK 28" 3840 X 2160, 1ms, w/Nvidia GSync
Corsair: White Graphite 760T Full Tower
Corsair: 16GB Vengeance LPX 2800MHz RAM
Corsair: SP2500 2.1 Gaming Speaker System
INTEL: Six-Core, i7 5820K CPU @4.2Hz
ASUS RTX OC 2080
Logitech 920 Wheel and Pedal System with Wheel Stand Pro
Saitek Pro Flight Control System with Wheel Stand Pro
Saitek X55 HOTAS
XBOX One S
Track IR5

#3317470 - 06/13/11 03:37 AM Re: Disappointed [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
911dan Offline
911dan  Offline

If you have so many other great sims to play, why waste time posting in the CloD forum?

#3317481 - 06/13/11 04:20 AM Re: Disappointed [Re: nats]  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

Originally Posted By: nats
[quote=soaringbird]

There's just no comparison between CoF and the other two sims unfortunately.

You're right. I keep looking at letting off those eight machine guns on the Spitfire in RoF and FSX and they just don't work for me like they should.

Does World of Tanks have a better Spitfire too?

smile

#3317482 - 06/13/11 04:21 AM Re: Disappointed [Re: Plainsman]  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

Originally Posted By: Plainsman
To be honest I don't understand all that disappointment from the game and why people still consider it broken or unfinished after the patches. Any game has bugs. FSX was a bugs feast when it came and hardly ran on any pc. I remember a huge ugly green/violet stripes on the water in fsx at some point.

Sorry, but you are totally wrong. Go back and check the reviews on FSX and ROF when they were first released. You won't find anything, ANYTHING, like the 45% given COD by Andy MaHood, of PC Gamer, the most respected sim reviewer for the last 20 years, or by any other professional reviewer. Fanboys trying to equate first release of COD to first release of any other prominent sim just sound desperate to defend the indefensible.

I repeat, the fact that SimHQ, the most trusted sim site on the entire Internet, refuses to review COD until the 10th or so patch, tells you how bad COD really is.

I've lost count on how many times I've read this, but didn't SimHQ say they would review it when they released it in the USA?

Does everything have to be a conspiracy? Occam's Razor and all that...

#3317483 - 06/13/11 04:25 AM Re: Disappointed [Re: Nimits]  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

Originally Posted By: Nimits
I bought RoF on promise of the career mode. That promise was fulfilled.

I am so far not planning to buy CoD for lack of that same promise/mode.

Luthier said they had plans for a campaign (i.e. a design doc etc) but had to cut it out of scope. That sounds like one day it is planned for release (goodness knows when, could take 2 years like RoF?).

Isn't that a similar level of 'promise' that RoF gave when they first released, or is that different?

Put another way, when did you buy RoF and what date were you given for the RoF campaign promise?

#3317522 - 06/13/11 07:12 AM Re: Disappointed [Re: Plainsman]  
Tiger27 Offline
Tiger27  Offline

Perth, Western Australia

Did this all come to you in a dream? ROF was slated on release, not sure if there were many reviews but general consensus was not good, much the same complaints as we see with CoD now.

Here is one I found I won't name anyone, as this was a pretty common theme "You'll find Zap that 90% of the RoF apologists have suddenly disappeared.

Take it from someone who was accused of being a troll on a.n.other forum for daring to question how great RoF is in its current form.Even the fanboi's are struggling with this one. "

As for reviews this is the conclusion of sim hq's

Closing Thoughts

Rise of Flight can’t really be given a blanket sort of rating or recommendation, in my opinion, as it really depends on what one is into or what one is looking for.

Non-flight simulation person...

I’d give it a pass, to be honest. It’s flight sim geek territory, with a frustrating separate setup and options GUI, an FM / DM that really begs for “full difficulty,” and needs the full flight sim geek hardware trifecta (TrackIR / HOTAS / Pedals) to enjoy. If the IL-2 Series didn’t turn you into one of us, Rise of Flight will only teach you to hate us.

General flight simulation person...

You probably should buy it. Tweak time is right up there with sims that have more advanced command options, even though the only gauge you’ll have on some aircraft is a tachometer. The FM / DM / AI are strong enough to keep you at it with the four included flyable aircraft for several goes at each of the single missions and a campaign or two, making the price of admission well worth the enjoyment. Even if it ultimately turns out that you put it down after two or three weeks, it’s money well spent.

WWI flight simulation person...

You have to buy it. The planes really are alive in the air, and the visceral joy of wind and wire isn’t to be missed. You’ll instantly compare it to every other WWI or WWII flight simulation you’ve ever owned and spot what’s missing, but there’s a lot here that the others didn’t have as well. Heck, Rowan’s Flying Corps only had six flyables (seven in the Gold Edition) with four campaigns, and you’ve probably got the box sitting on the shelf, same as me. You won’t fly Rise of Flight every day, but you will fly it enough to surprise yourself

hardly rave reviews when you consider this was written nearly 4 months after release

III/JG11_Tiger
#3317526 - 06/13/11 07:31 AM Re: Disappointed [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Its a simple case of COD being released before it was finished. Yes you paid full price and didn't know the state the game before you bought it. ROF was also released before it was finished and they are still adding features that should have been there from the start.

Paying full price shouldn't be a problem with anyone with an ounce of foresight. Your money has saved the new IL-2 series for the time being. I'm sure most of us would like to see Maddox games survive and finish COD and add further theaters of war. There is simply no other WW2 combat sim alternative other than flying the original IL-2 series for another ten years.

Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
#3317538 - 06/13/11 08:48 AM Re: Disappointed [Re: Plainsman]  
Freycinet Offline
Veteran
Freycinet  Offline
Veteran

One of the moderators wrote to you less than a month ago that "Here is a good idea for you Plainsman. If you think this site is a shill for some gaming company then go away and don't come back. Either that or go out and buy Dart a copy of the game. Don't come in here and accuse us of collusion with gaming companies. I have explained why we haven't reviewed it yet. Accuse us of this again and you can go bye bye for good."

- Seems you almost WANT to be banned...

My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
#3317549 - 06/13/11 09:43 AM Re: Disappointed [Re: Freycinet]  
Senseispcc Offline
Senseispcc  Offline

Belgium but not in Flanders

IL2 original series, ROF or SFX needed a big PC for their period of release. Maybe at that moment you did have a new PC that could play it without troubles. Now I have a new PC! One year old and could play COD from the box. This is what I call evolution.
It is not the first time I see so many negative reviews for a game untested in real conditions. Thousand different PC nearly one for each player all could not be satisfied.
One of you did remember me that SFX is unplayable without "accelerator" but this did become availed only a year or two after the first release of the game.
Never also compare this simulation with an other non-simulation game, ex. Arma2 vs. SFX. Even if there are planes in Arma2 they are not the center of the game. The game is not made to be a flight simulation! Do you compare apples and oranges?
Let us compare CFS3 with IL2, no IL2 does win so easily! Maybe ROF with IL2? Or COD? (I do not put IL2 the original series with COD they are different games.)
Do you forget that in ROF they completely missed Paris! It should be on the map but is not!

Appreciate what you have and play what you like not what other think of it.

My PC; wink
Win7 x64
Asus p6x58d
I7 975 3.75Ghz System & game ssd 120Gb (great for the system and for my games).
12 Gb (6*2Gb) ddr3 1600Mhz memory
Geforce gtx580 1.5Gb two of them SLI
Trackir 5
Logitech G940.
[img]http://s4.postimage.org/nmtrbp44/shot_20110507_143940_849.jpg[/img]

#3317550 - 06/13/11 09:47 AM Re: Disappointed [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Tree Offline
Tree  Offline

Derby, England
Freycinet I am sure the moderators can read these things themselves, nobody likes a grass, you trying constantly to get people banned whom you disagree with does little for your already poor reputation.

#3317557 - 06/13/11 10:02 AM Re: Disappointed [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
robtek Offline
robtek  Offline

But tree, comparing to your reputation his is golden :-D

#3317558 - 06/13/11 10:04 AM Re: Disappointed [Re: Senseispcc]  
LeazesNDR Offline
LeazesNDR  Offline

Originally Posted By: Senseispcc

Do you forget that in ROF they completely missed Paris! It should be on the map but is not!

Was thinking the same about St Pauls in London.

Last edited by Davy_TASB; 06/13/11 10:23 AM.
#3317562 - 06/13/11 10:09 AM Re: Disappointed [Re: robtek]  
Tree Offline
Tree  Offline

Derby, England
Originally Posted By: robtek
But tree, comparing to your reputation his is golden :-D

Well i have had some running battles on here, and I have been called some interesting names and I have upset my fair share of forum users, but i have never ever reported a post or tried to get anyone a ban.

#3317570 - 06/13/11 10:58 AM Re: Disappointed [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
C'mon chaps, let's calm down eh?
We are all passionate about our games, and most will try to defend them, but it's not worth getting all 'steamed' up (pun) about it.
I keep saying this.. we all love aviation, otherwise we wouldn't be on here, so straight away we have a common bond!
Now, kiss and make up all of you laser

#3317604 - 06/13/11 12:21 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
WhistlinggDeath Offline
WhistlinggDeath  Offline

La Jolla, CA
Hehe Trooper. No doubt this thread will continue another 40 pages, and like CloD after 12 more patches, three years and 20 new flyable planes, perhaps we will finally have something good. Right now, long ways to go.

Also worth mentioning... the psychological effect of hitting 600 kph. Getting to use fun planes in IL2 that dive at 870 kph and precede in level flight at 600 kph ... and then going back to 1940/41 at 430 kph, feels... well, ...like a green tea diet when the McDonalds is across the street.

Last edited by WhistlinggDeath; 06/13/11 12:24 PM.

If you can defeat me in a fair same altitude duel, you are either Hartmann's ghost or you have a ganja problem that needs treatment.

Like asking weird questions and are good at math? Maybe you can join us at the Jacobs School of Engineering, UC San Diego. Tackling the grand mysteries of the age with science.

At the core of most of life's deep mysteries, is the language that Mother Nature truly speaks in, ..... mathematics.
#3317608 - 06/13/11 12:25 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Freycinet Offline
Veteran
Freycinet  Offline
Veteran

Wouldn't you be annoyed, if you ran this site, to have the same member again and again insinuating that you are in the pocket of a software company?

Plainsman knows very well what he has been told by the moderators, but he obviously still feels compelled to say that they are all bought out:

- Of course I don't imagine Tree to be able to see anything wrong with that. It is right down his alley.

#3317612 - 06/13/11 12:27 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: WhistlinggDeath]  
Freycinet Offline
Veteran
Freycinet  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: WhistlinggDeath

Also worth mentioning... the psychological effect of hitting 600 kph. Getting to use fun planes in IL2 that dive at 870 kph and precede in level flight at 600 kph ... and then going back to 1940/41 at 430 kph, feels... well, ...like a green tea diet when the McDonalds is across the street.

Damn' , could you use some other restaurant than McDonalds as a metaphor for the goodness of flying at 800 kmph? smile

#3317718 - 06/13/11 03:28 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: WhistlinggDeath]  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

Originally Posted By: WhistlinggDeath
Hehe Trooper. No doubt this thread will continue another 40 pages, and like CloD after 12 more patches, three years and 20 new flyable planes, perhaps we will finally have something good. Right now, long ways to go.

I don't think you'd like RoF then. smile

#3317728 - 06/13/11 03:46 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: _michal]  
FozzyBear Offline
FozzyBear  Offline

Originally Posted By: empeck
Originally Posted By: FozzyBear
Originally Posted By: empeck
[quote=JG5_Emil]Steam only logs games bought there.

No, the stats are showing you what game is being played the most online by how many gamers.

View all of the top 100 most-played games
http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Single player games are logged as well.

My point is Steam logs Il2:1946, but only those copies that has been bought on the Steam.

Funny thing is that Railworks is still in the top 100, and it was released two years ago.

I'm sure the single player stats are "logged" by Steam, but they aren't added to the top 100 most played games on Steam. If you don't believe me, ask this very same question on the Steam forums and be prepared to be educated.

Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.