Forums » Technology » Hardware & Software - Mobile & Pads » iPhone: Apache 3D Sim Active Topics You are not logged in. [Log In] [Register User]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#3264558 - 04/08/11 08:08 PM iPhone: Apache 3D Sim
HitchHikingFlatlander Offline

Loc: California
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/apache-3d-sim/id428845277?mt=8

An Apache sim for the Iphone was just released. I barely played it but initial impressions tell me it's awesome. Intuitive tilt controls with onscreen collective and rudder controls. I plan to look at it in more detail but for $2.99 I don't think you can go wrong giving it a try. Check it out!

I posted a link in this thread but no one seems interested ( http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3252666/iPhone_Games_Anyone.html#Post3252666 ). Amazing what the iPhone can do!

A casual west coast Black Shark/A-10C Squadron always looking for extra pilots and good times!

#3265816 - 04/10/11 07:58 AM Re: iPhone: Apache 3D Sim [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]
Flyboy Offline

Loc: England, UK
Looks nice, great-looking cockpit view! Now all I need is an iPhone...

#3265844 - 04/10/11 08:42 AM Re: iPhone: Apache 3D Sim [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]
AD Offline
Hotshot

Loc: South East Asia
The pit is a dead ringer for Arneh's pit with Aeyes texture upgrade.

I hope I'm wrong.

Cheers

Follow Combat Helo's development on Facebook

#3265955 - 04/10/11 11:21 AM Re: iPhone: Apache 3D Sim [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]
Flyboy Offline

Loc: England, UK
I guess you could say that but at the end of the day, there's surely only so many ways of doing the Longbow cockpit. Some are bound to look the same!

#3266721 - 04/11/11 08:09 AM Re: iPhone: Apache 3D Sim [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]
Flexman Offline

Loc: Leeds, England
I have no vested interest in this, but compare the two side by side, the textures are the same. As they say in programming circles, there are many ways to skin a cat but you only get to choose one.

Kudos to the guy for making something half decent on that platform.

#3266912 - 04/11/11 12:35 PM Re: iPhone: Apache 3D Sim [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]

Wow hope the guy didn't use someone's work for his own. In terms of gameplay it's pretty slick for an Iphone app. Controls are pretty basic you have rudder, collective, pitch/roll, machineguns and rockets. The Pitch/roll use the accelerometers in the phone whereas the rudder, weapons and collective have onsreen buttons. Missions are pretty basic with the first few covering basic training like landing, refueling and basic weapons use. Later missions have you attacking terrorists and the like. My real opinion is this game is the closest thing you will get to DCS Black Shark on a phone or portable, and the price is very fair. The creator has mentioned he plans an update for hellfires, multiplayer, and some other updates soon.

A casual west coast Black Shark/A-10C Squadron always looking for extra pilots and good times!

#3266975 - 04/11/11 01:29 PM Re: iPhone: Apache 3D Sim [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]
Fillbiker Offline

There is no model of cockpit. It is just simple 2d image, made from real photo textures & some photoshop made textures. Some swiches and buttons are used from airplanes cockpit photos and re-worked to look better on such a small screen. I don't know in which format Ayes cockpit's or textures are made, never used them, but I don't think it could be used for something like this. I think that if you will make 2d cockpit or it's texture of ferrari f430 (for example), someone will be able to make it too...even better one I guess. But that's the real life, no theft.

#3266999 - 04/11/11 01:57 PM Re: iPhone: Apache 3D Sim [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]

Fillbiker are you the dev behind Apache 3D? If so great work, and look forward to updates. Is there any way you can add an auto hover mode? My thought is if you had autohover mode in the targeting view, the pilot can remain stationary and pick targets at a distance. Another good thing would be adjustable sensitivity on the controls and some sort of waypoint heading (if possible). All ideas I've been having but something to think about. In all a very convincing sim for an iPhone app and lots of fun.

#3269792 - 04/14/11 10:18 AM Re: iPhone: Apache 3D Sim [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]
SHar82 Offline
Ol f@rt gamer since Ti99

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Excellent!!! Bought it, love it... so rare to see more serious simulator for the Iphone. Hope it will put a bit more stuff in a future Apache sim 2: side views, replay, possibility to direct the FLIR alone (without to steer the helo)..., missiles, etc...

+++
- A SIM ON IPHONE!
- Flight dynamics and handling (in sim mode)
- well done general gameplay
- graphics

---
- a map or a bit more explanation on the target would be good...9especially in some later missions)
- side views and a map are really missing
- a speed indicator?
- no missiles (hellfire or hot)

PSN/XBL: Guynemer27
WarThunder/STEAM: Guynemer27
EA/Origin: Dude27
Project Cars: Dude27

#3269926 - 04/14/11 12:30 PM Re: iPhone: Apache 3D Sim [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]

Yes a speed indicator! Waypoints would go a long way, but he did mention that hellfires and other updates are coming soon. Multiplayer and a better HUD was mentioned before but I can't find any info of it online now.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:

Moderator:  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Movie Moments that Impacted You in Your Youth
by Coot
12:19 AM
Official Pink Floyd thread....Is there anybody out there ?
by WangoTango
08:59 PM
FOR SALE - Rise of Flight account OR EXCHANGE FOR IL2-BOS
by komemiute
07:41 PM
DCS: FW 190 "Yellow 8" III./JG26
by JG52Krupi
07:25 PM
phone call from 019 and nothing else on caller ID
by coasty
07:05 PM
Roger Dean (artist) dead at 70
by Patrocles
06:48 PM
AMD system parts: FX4170 cpu, graphics cards HD6970, HD6950 or package deal
by Raw Kryptonite
05:09 PM
The Harmonograph.
by RedToo
03:03 PM
MiG-21 (I think) crash video
by tomcat
02:06 PM
Personal computers in 1952
by PanzerMeyer
01:13 PM

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement
Copyright 1997-2014, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.