Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3256805 - 04/02/11 01:58 PM Warthog and IL2:CoD profile  
Ciny Offline
Ciny  Offline

Victoria, Australia
Hi guys,

I've been searching and searching for a working profile that will work with the Warthog and IL2:CoD but have had no luck.

Does anyone have 1 that works. I have tried doing the whole mapping thing but it has me somewhat confused starting from scratch, I'm not sure if i understand the whole scripting thing. I'm just used to plugging a joystick in and it works have never had anything like this before.

Anything would be great, would also help to know how to get a profile to come up in the T.A.R.G.E.T program as well.

Thanks smile

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3257829 - 04/03/11 09:49 AM Re: Warthog and IL2:CoD profile [Re: Ciny]  
Dimebug Offline
Dimebug  Offline

France
do you have the keyboard layout of CoD ?

Guillaume "Dimebug" Leleve
#3257834 - 04/03/11 09:53 AM Re: Warthog and IL2:CoD profile [Re: Ciny]  
Ciny Offline
Ciny  Offline

Victoria, Australia
I have only just installed it.

I new to all this stuff, what do you mean by Keyboard layout?

#3258420 - 04/03/11 08:51 PM Re: Warthog and IL2:CoD profile [Re: Ciny]  
Panther Offline
Panther  Offline

Keyboard layout is the key commands for the game. Is there a file that list the key commands in the game directory?

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 980TI 6GB G1 OC, Obutto oZone, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, NP TrackIR5, ***Soon*** Oculus Rift
#3259046 - 04/04/11 11:13 AM Re: Warthog and IL2:CoD profile [Re: Ciny]  
Ciny Offline
Ciny  Offline

Victoria, Australia
After finding out that i was going to need to buy rudder pedals as well I swapped it for the Saitek, it was a real nice joysick but im not willing to spend the extra money on decent pedals.

Thanks for the help tho guys it is appreciated

#3260543 - 04/05/11 03:59 PM Re: Warthog and IL2:CoD profile [Re: Ciny]  
Taipan Offline
Sim Addict
Taipan  Offline
Sim Addict

Sydney, Australia
This is also holding me back from starting properly with COD... besides the COD performance issues that is.

-- Warning: RANT STARTING --
However there is one big additional hurdle that 1C thought they would throw at us on top of all the performance issues and the need to do a joystick mapping etc.

Instead of having ONE person at 1c come up with a decent default key mapping, just like ED did for the hundreds of key commands in DCS.. well they figured the 300,000 people who buy it can do it themselves. Sure it will be 300,000 times the effort but at least 1c doesn't have to spend the money paying ONE person to do they?

Basically, SOME keys are mapped but there's still alot that are not. So before you even get to creating a joystick profile, you're out to go and figure out what keys to assign where, and how to do it without creating conflict, and then backing all that up so that when you re-install at a future date your joystick mapping doesn't break (which is one of the main ideas of mapping in TARGET - using "default" key mapping). And watchout - there's nothing preventing them from allowing patches from overwriting your keyboard layout... but they wouldn't do that to you would they??? Nooo, never (just like they wouldn't release a half finished Alpha copy of a game with incomplete key map to you an unsuspecting pre-order loyal customer wink )

-- RANT OVER --

I don't know if I'll set it up yet, it's good time that I could be flying ROF or DCS at this stage.. maybe after a few more COD patches it will be easier or at least the improved performance will make the effort worth it and less heartbreaking for those of us with limited spare time.

#3260549 - 04/05/11 04:01 PM Re: Warthog and IL2:CoD profile [Re: Ciny]  
Taipan Offline
Sim Addict
Taipan  Offline
Sim Addict

Sydney, Australia
Oh - and there is NO keyboard layout. The manual doesn't have it (why would 1c waste time writing it when they haven't mapped all the keys huh). You only have the in-game to go from, or the mixed up sections spread throughout the config file.

#3261788 - 04/06/11 03:43 PM Re: Warthog and IL2:CoD profile [Re: Taipan]  
Sixpack Offline
Sixpack  Offline

Hallo

I have make a profile vor CoD (first vision)
I loadup in the naxt houers on www.warthogworld.com
It´s not perfect and sam Buttes have a germen name
is the same as the game is a Beta banghead

Sorry for my bad english rolleyes

#3293716 - 05/12/11 10:50 PM Re: Warthog and IL2:CoD profile [Re: Ciny]  
Bayne Offline
Bayne  Offline

Blaine, WA
IL2 Cliffs of Dover T.A.R.G.E.T. GUI file (.fcf)
IL2 Cliffs of Dover T.A.R.G.E.T Script file (.tmc)
IL2 Cliffs of Dover Warthog Configuration Table (Microsoft Excel 2007 file)
IL2 Cliffs of Dover Keyboard Assignment Table (Microsoft Excel 2007 file)
IL2 Cliffs of Dover Warthog Configuration Map (Microsoft Visio 2003 file)

The script file is the .tmc from the \users\...\roaming\Thrustmaster location. It was autogenerated by the GUI software when the .fcf file was created.

First I used the Warthog Configuration Map to determine where I wanted commands placed on the Warthog. Next I used the Keyboard Assignment Table to map the game commands to open keys. The table helped me avoid duplicating commands. Then I used the Warthog Configuration Table (Excel file) to map the key commands to the desired Warthog switches. After that I created the profile in the GUI. Finally I cleaned up the Warthog Configuration Map to reflect any changes that occurred during testing.

- Bayne.

IL2 CoD Warthog Profile and Configuration Files

My System: Win7 Ultimate 64bit, i7-960, 12GB DDR3 1600MHZ, Nvidia GTX580 1.5GB, ASUS Rampage III, Thrustmaster A-10 Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pro Pedals, TrackIR 5
#4302825 - 10/13/16 08:08 AM Re: Warthog and IL2:CoD profile [Re: Taipan]  
Ickiestickie Offline
Ickiestickie  Offline

Cheshire
Im gutted to read the above,as for me i also have serious trouble with mapping Joysticks,namely my Warthog JS and Throttle,i admit i just cant do it,i dont know my Y axis from my z!i really dont and the stress when i try!Plug +play is what we need and when threy dont implement it,yeah ill give this a try but ive only had it for five minutes and deep down i already know this is a waste of my money,shame really if this warthog worked from the off which it doesnt,i would have also purchased Il2 Stalingrad,guess they dont want to make lots of money?I couldnt even find any default stuff for joystick,i only looked for 5minutes,that was enough.Because i know i cant do it,im 45 years old and ive NEVER mapped a joystick never had too,if they not plug +play Like DCS then they dont get bought,simple.but im trying to learn Target i have managed to get my joystick but not throttle working in the first Il2 Game,so was hoping this one would be the same,is there any other EASY way here,maybe a File i can add to my TARGET or something,remember myy skills here might not be anything like yours!?NOT all of us can do these things,especially when youve never done it before.Thanks ina dvance for ANY help.

Last edited by Ickiestickie; 10/13/16 08:10 AM.
#4302826 - 10/13/16 08:14 AM Re: Warthog and IL2:CoD profile [Re: Sixpack]  
Ickiestickie Offline
Ickiestickie  Offline

Cheshire
you could of added more information,how am i going to find the exact link amongst that lot?totally useless link really if your not going to point the right way!..

#4303041 - 10/13/16 09:36 PM Re: Warthog and IL2:CoD profile [Re: Ciny]  
Brigstock Offline
Brigstock  Offline

London, England
With an attitude like that.......!

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.