Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3211005 - 02/18/11 09:31 AM Too many controllers and LB2  
Shadow=ASP= Offline
Shadow=ASP=  Offline

Norway
Its worth noting having too many controllers connected prohibits LB2 from lauching at all. All you see is the screen flickering a few times before returning to Windows without an error.
I have the Warthog joystick and throttle, two MFDs and Simped pedals connected. Thats 5 devices recognized by Windows.
What I need to do is run a script in the Target-editor that maps the buttons I want to use as either directX buttons or directly map them as functions for the game. When the Warthog with MFDs are run in Target they are all configured as a single device (Thrustmaster combined). Then I need to disconnect the rudders because Target doesnt support standalone rudders.
Voila, LB2 now works with 4 devices (stick, throttle and 2 MFDs).

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3212161 - 02/19/11 04:12 PM Re: Too many controllers and LB2 [Re: Shadow=ASP=]  
AV8R Offline
AV8R  Offline

Southern California USA
Shadow,

What if you use Window's hardware profiler and have it set up for the two scenarios you described. Then when you boot up, you pick the one you want.

Ive been playing around with TARGET with a combo of: Cougar, TM MFDs (2), TM Elite rudder pedals.

Im a bit surprised that TM has not come up with an update to allow USB pedals to be recognized in a virtual controller yet.

copter

AV8R
#3212511 - 02/19/11 11:51 PM Re: Too many controllers and LB2 [Re: AV8R]  
Shadow=ASP= Offline
Shadow=ASP=  Offline

Norway
Originally Posted By: AV8R
Shadow,

What if you use Window's hardware profiler and have it set up for the two scenarios you described.

What do you mean?

#3214273 - 02/22/11 12:06 AM Re: Too many controllers and LB2 [Re: Shadow=ASP=]  
AV8R Offline
AV8R  Offline

Southern California USA
Hardware profiles overview

A hardware profile is a set of instructions that tells Windows which devices to start when you start your computer or which settings to use for each device. When you first install Windows, a hardware profile called Profile 1 (for laptops, the profiles are Docked Profile or Undocked Profile) is created. By default, every device that is installed on your computer at the time you install Windows is enabled in the Profile 1 hardware profile.
Hardware profiles are especially useful if you have a portable computer. Most portable computers are used in a variety of locations, and hardware profiles will let you change which devices your computer uses when you move it from location to location. For example, you may have one profile named Docking Station Configuration for using your portable computer at a docking station with hardware components such as a CD-ROM drive and a network adapter And you may have a second profile named Undocked Configuration for using your portable computer in a hotel or on an airplane, when you are not using a network adapter or a CD-ROM but you are using a modem and a portable printer.
If there is more than one hardware profile on your computer, you can designate a default profile that will be used every time you start your computer. You can also have Windows ask you which profile to use every time you start your computer. Once you create a hardware profile, you can use Device Manager to disable and enable devices that are in the profile. When you disable a device in a hardware profile, the device drivers for the device are not loaded when you start your computer. For more information, click Related Topics.

So apply different controller configurations to separate hardware profiles.

AV8R
#3214655 - 02/22/11 10:53 AM Re: Too many controllers and LB2 [Re: AV8R]  
Shadow=ASP= Offline
Shadow=ASP=  Offline

Norway
Oh I remember that one. Havent dabbled with that since the early XP-days.
I guess its quicker to just disconnect the rudders and use one of the sliders on the throttle as pedals.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.