Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3210745 - 02/18/11 12:17 AM Can not seem to get the targeting cone to work.  
Pawgy Offline
Pawgy  Offline

Kent, Ohio USA
I have given OFF another try and seem to be having some success. I must say I am even doing better in some cases that in ROF. I do owe those who tried to help an apology. I should have given it a better try than 2 days.

OK, that being said. I really need the targeting cone and any other targeting help avilable. when I hit "I" the cone does not appear when an enemy is in sight. I don't know what i have done to disable it. Lables are working ok. I have read about brackets but i do not have those either.

I do not have these disabled in the cfs3 config.

thanks for any help.

Pawgy

Last edited by Pawgy; 02/18/11 12:25 AM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3210905 - 02/18/11 04:20 AM Re: Can not seem to get the targeting cone to work. [Re: Pawgy]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Yes you can customise to make things easy with targetting guides and aids if needed. Sounds like you may have re-assigned the key for it, to something else? When in sim, press esc, and go to controls.
have a look to see what you assigned to "I" letter.

Think it's Under Event "Display settings".

Did you disable it at some point in the past?

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#3211090 - 02/18/11 01:48 PM Re: Can not seem to get the targeting cone to work. [Re: Pawgy]  
Pawgy Offline
Pawgy  Offline

Kent, Ohio USA
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, I did disable it and assigned a button in my controller. Then made some other changes and lost "enemy Indicator" and "I" completely. And then was not looking for "enemy indicator" but for targeting cone. Went to a default controller setting and found it there. I am all set again. Just really starting to enjoy OFF after many hours learning this past week. Very glad no one took me up on purchasing the game.

Regards
Pawgy

Last edited by Pawgy; 02/18/11 01:49 PM.
#3211105 - 02/18/11 02:05 PM Re: Can not seem to get the targeting cone to work. [Re: Pawgy]  
Wodin Offline
Wodin  Offline

Liverpool
Hurrah....thats good to see....the campaign is superb...and HitR means you can alter the AI and make it easier...

#3211290 - 02/18/11 05:20 PM Re: Can not seem to get the targeting cone to work. [Re: Wodin]  
Pawgy Offline
Pawgy  Offline

Kent, Ohio USA
Woodin. I thought everyone would be mad at me for my initial response to the game. Thank you for your support.
I must say I have had a few good quick combat flights both turkey shoot and dog fight. Still trying to figure out the neuances of each air plane. I still am surprised at the difficulty of flying some of the planes with all the easy settings activated.

Again ,thanks . I am sure i will need help many times and communicating on forums like this add to the enjoyment of any simulation.

Pawgy

Is HitR more demanding from a cpu and graphics card standpoint? Right now with most of my settings turned back I still get some stuttering close to the ground. I would not want to make it any worse.

Pentium D 3.2 gig 2 cpu's, 2045 mb ram, NVidia gForce gt220. 1 gig onboard memory,Windows XP pro sp3

Last edited by Pawgy; 02/18/11 05:29 PM.
#3212064 - 02/19/11 01:11 PM Re: Can not seem to get the targeting cone to work. [Re: Pawgy]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Glad you found it and are enjoying OFF now Pawgy. HITR is more demanding, and on some systems may not run as smoothly, although some people find it actually runs better because of other optimisations. Maybe wait a while until you get a little more oomph in the PC - perhaps you can gain a little from overclocking or something. Also some people have found disabling throttling of the CPU in the BIOS helps improve matters sometimes.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#3212120 - 02/19/11 03:16 PM Re: Can not seem to get the targeting cone to work. [Re: Polovski]  
Pawgy Offline
Pawgy  Offline

Kent, Ohio USA
Originally Posted By: Polovski
Glad you found it and are enjoying OFF now Pawgy. HITR is more demanding, and on some systems may not run as smoothly, although some people find it actually runs better because of other optimisations. Maybe wait a while until you get a little more oomph in the PC - perhaps you can gain a little from overclocking or something. Also some people have found disabling throttling of the CPU in the BIOS helps improve matters sometimes.

Thanks for that advice. I think i will wait since I am just getting started with OFF. I appreciated your candid reply. I have to read up on "Throttling" since i am not familier with that term.

Regards
pawgy

#3212820 - 02/20/11 01:59 PM Re: Can not seem to get the targeting cone to work. [Re: Pawgy]  
Wodin Offline
Wodin  Offline

Liverpool
pawgy to get the most out of the game I really do suggest starting a career...this is where it shines....though be prepared to start up loads of them as you don't last to long butt he immersion is superb and when you lose that fighter who has 16 hours under his belt it is gut wrenching sometime sjust taking off you get butterflys as you really don't want to lose him.

Finally with all I'm sure jumped the gun with agame and then found after some time and effort it was all worth it...no one flying OFF would mislead you in anyway and it is all said in good faith...

You may want to try First Eagles as it is alittle easier again...I never thought of it at the time you where asking...my mistake.

Last edited by Wodin; 02/20/11 02:01 PM.
#3212902 - 02/20/11 03:46 PM Re: Can not seem to get the targeting cone to work. [Re: Pawgy]  
Pawgy Offline
Pawgy  Offline

Kent, Ohio USA
Woodin. I got First Eagles, then First Eagles 2 and from there Jumped to Rise of flight. Now I.m trying to get going in OFF and doiing better all the time..

As with all simulations,both flying and racing every one has a favorite. Right now I do not have a favorite. Each game seemsto have its good and bad points. I am trying to spend most of my time getting up to speed in OFF.

Believe it or not the easiest flying mode in ROF is actually easier than OFF.I have all the planes. IN ROF set on easy I almost never spin out with all the good planes and you can throw your planes all over the sky.. Like the sopwith Camel.

The trouble with ROF is it is very very hard to shoot down another plane. Even with the opponent set on novice they are quite hard to hit and your guns in ROF can not be set to more deadly like they can in OFF. Also the rear gunner in ROF is very unrealisticly accurate so it is no fun at all going after a recon plane.

Right now i still spin out to much in OFF even set on the easiest flying mode. But i can set the guns to be more deadly and hit much more than in ROF if i do it befor I spin and stall to the ground.

In ROF I can only set the game for about 4 opponents and 3 friendlies or I get a slow motion machine gun fire with any more than that.

OFF seems to be a little more computer friendly but i still get a few stutters even with my graphic settings very low.

Both games look very good with Rof maybe smidgen better but not much. ROF cockpits are more detailed but i don't think the landscape is any better.And the planes look great in both. Very long loading times in ROF.

I have been checking my hit percentage in OFF and it is still very low, 7% to 9% but i shoot down more planes.

I am enjoying OFF more each day.

Another question. How do you look around in OFF? I won't consider trackIR and I can not make the hat switch work right.

Thanks again for your reply

Pawgy

Last edited by Pawgy; 02/20/11 04:09 PM.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.