Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#3054455 - 07/17/10 06:31 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available ***** [Re: Ed_1]  
Pilgrim Offline
Pilgrim  Offline

I have Aeyes pits installed. If I change Setup/Graphics/Cockpit Selection to Default, will this work? I don't want to have to re-install. I have a bunch of skins, terrain and other stuff added.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3054457 - 07/17/10 06:32 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Pilgrim]  
Demonlord Offline
Skunkworks Developer
Demonlord  Offline
Skunkworks Developer

Originally Posted By: Pilgrim
I have Aeyes pits installed. If I change Setup/Graphics/Cockpit Selection to Default, will this work? I don't want to have to re-install. I have a bunch of skins, terrain and other stuff added.

Copy that Pilgrim. It should work no problem with the default pit.

#3054497 - 07/17/10 07:20 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Pilgrim Offline
Pilgrim  Offline

Thanks. I'm Backing up my install now. I'll test it out when that's done.

#3054500 - 07/17/10 07:28 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Wolfman Offline
Wolfman  Offline

How to get the Aeyes Pits to work with this mod:

Make a new folder on your desktop,call it Backups
Go to C: /program/Lead Pursuit/Battlefield/Operations/terrdata/objects
Copy the 3 files:KoreaObj.hdr KoreaObj.lod KoreaObj.tex
Paste these 3 files into the Backups Folder on your Desktop.

Then copy the same 3 Files from the folder C: /program/Lead Pursuit/Battlefield/Operations/Theatres/Skunkworks/Objects to the folder C: /program/Lead Pursuit/Battlefield/Operations/terrdata/objects
overwrite all when asked.

Now install the Aeyes pits again,run the exe`s and select Uninstall (No Reinstall or Update! )
Then fully install them back again,update once installed.

Now copy the 3 Koreaobj* Files from the Folder
C: /program/Lead Pursuit/Battlefield/Operations/terrdata/objects
again back into the directory
C: /program/Lead Pursuit/Battlefield/Operations/Theatres/Skunkworks/Objects
over write if asked
Now take the original backups from the folder on your Desktop and place them back into
C: /program/Lead Pursuit/Battlefield/Operations/terrdata/objects

Now the Aeyes Pits will work!
Make sure you click on the 2D Map and select a base before committing,if I didn`t do this my install would crash to Desktop.
Thanks to SkunkWorks for a great Mod,my only suggestion would be a more detailed Document,but nice work guys!

#3054584 - 07/17/10 10:02 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Wolfman]  
Cupra Offline
Cupra  Offline

Switzerland (Europe)
A really wonderful mod. Thanks a lot to the guys who did that job. But I have one question. If you read the Debrief-File, the country ist named XX . In Falcon 4.0 AF stands there U.S. or ROK.

For example:

Quote:

Mission Type: Training
Flight Callsign: Bronco1
1 Ship Flight
Ac type: F-16C-50 CCIP

FLIGHT EVENTS
Event Testdummy joined as Bronco11 at 10:26:00
Event Testdummy exited from Bronco11 at 10:26:11

Why is that and would it be possibel to fix it?

EDIT: I testet it on Balkans too. No problem. Only if you play on the blue party in Korea 2012... Would be great it this little mistake could be rfemoved, so that we can use the debriefing files for our online logbook too.

Last edited by Cupra; 07/17/10 10:18 PM.
#3054630 - 07/17/10 11:20 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Cupra]  
Demonlord Offline
Skunkworks Developer
Demonlord  Offline
Skunkworks Developer

Yeah thanks for that Cupra i'll make sure to get to it in the next release. Also Wolf thanks a million for your fix bud!

Last edited by Demonlord; 07/17/10 11:37 PM.
#3054694 - 07/18/10 01:06 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Ed_1]  
Boomer Offline
(v) Viper Driver
Boomer  Offline
(v) Viper Driver

Is the 3d pit improved?

Or does my altimiter still say 12000 feet???

"Learning to fly the Falcon is just your ticket to the dance" - Pete 'Boomer' Bonanni.
#3054870 - 07/18/10 01:25 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Charlie901]  
Skunk1_Viking Offline
Skunkworks Developer & PR
Skunk1_Viking  Offline

Anchorage, Alaska
After closed testing of this Mod, several things needed to be cleaned up. During the process the original change log got deleted and was not recoverable. Below is the basic change-log constructed from memory. Specific details and information are too vast to remember, but this covers most of it & should give you a good idea of what Skunkworks is.

v1.2 Change-Log
-2 new battlefields, "Korea 2012" & "Balkans 2012"
-Recalculated all ACFT 'To hit' stats
-New skins for most weapons and aircraft
-New models for most weapons and aircraft
-Improved air-defense, pilot skill, ground force AI
-Upgraded several ACFT to newest known real world variant
-Added new ACFT
-Added new weapons
-Updated ACFT loadouts to better reflect real world capabilities
-Enabled nuclear weapons (blue & red side) (1 in 100 chance of resupplying nukes)
-Recalculated weapon data to better reflect real world capabilities (range, speed, damage ect)
-Added independent Submarine fleets with nuclear capability (no longer tied to carrier fleet)
-Added AWACs to red side
-Enabled FULL stealth to F-22 & other stealth based ACFT
-Updated basic airframe data to reflect real world ACFT
-Fixed B-2 flight characteristics; it is now flyable
-Fixed A-10 & F-117 FCR & AGR; now completely usable
-Added all of the FLT callsigns to be usable by all ACFT
Note: These may not be ALL of the changes as I'm solely going off of memory.

The Story:
Korea 2012 follows the story of the DPRK sinking a ROK ship. This eventually led up to an all-out war. At the start of the campaign the DPRK and US are at war. Japan is allied with the blue and acts as support. China & Russia are also in the picture and have taken up a defensive stance. They will declare war on whoever poses a threat to them, this makes it dynamic.

US: Being the worlds utmost authority in air superiority, they have the most air power. Because they rely on this, the US dropped the ball with ground power, ranking 3rd.
DPRK: Years of stockpiling gives the DPRK a force to be reckoned with. 2nd in air power, 2nd in ground power
Russia: Cold War paranoia brings Russia to being a leader in air defense. Russian skies are a death trap, but this leaves little room for their Air and Ground forces.
China: Home of the million man army. Has the highest concentration of ground forces but little air power.

Notes:
The Skunkworks Mod is not a reworking of the source code. The code has not been manipulated or changed in any way. The Mod is contained within its own battlefields and will not affect the existing installation. The purpose of the project is to breath new life into Allied Force & to make it a viable option vs 'Open Falcon' and 'Free Falcon'. There are no new 2D or 3D pits because that data is encrypted and hasn't been Fully cracked as of yet (although the rumor is that Pegasus is close to working it out). Aeyes pits will initially glitch, but there is a known fix. The mod is compatible with HiTiles, re-installation is not needed.
Do not take this mod like you would take OF or FF, it is not that. This mod is simply an Enhancement to AF.
This Mod is still a work in progress. Things currently on the 'To-Do' list are items such as updating the TacRef, adding skins to models with no skins, & working out bugs.

We appreciate the warm reception of the Mod and we at Skunk1 Industries look forward to your continued support.

Special Thanks to Rebel, Coco, A-Hip, Bandit, Brutus & the rest of the crew at the 801st TFW for contributions, input, & testing.
See you all at Angels 20.
The Skunkworks Team,
Demonlord, Viking, Mercury

#3054873 - 07/18/10 01:33 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Boomer]  
Skunk1_Viking Offline
Skunk1_Viking  Offline

Anchorage, Alaska
Originally Posted By: Helo_Head
Is the 3d pit improved?

Or does my altimiter still say 12000 feet???

No change.

#3055001 - 07/18/10 06:12 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Ed_1]  
BLuDKLoT Offline
VETERANS-GAMING
BLuDKLoT  Offline
VETERANS-GAMING

Hemet, CA
Hi guys,

VG is now hosting the Skunkworks Mod on our Dedicated AF Server (Korea 2012) IP: 217.146.93.114

Our TS3: veterans-gaming.com:9987

It's public and anyone can fly there.

Blud

#3055131 - 07/18/10 10:06 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
jack72 Offline
jack72  Offline

Toronto
I would like to know more about who is putting this modification out.

Is this an official upgrade from Lead Pursuit. I am only asking so that I know what I can expect. I am not opposed to addons and user made modificiations, but this can cause issues later if there is an offical upgrade or patch from the developers (i.e. lead pursuit).

Is Skunkworks part of Lead Pursuit development team that is upgrading or are you guys just people that are trying to add nicer content without the official mandate from LP.

Just curious....no intention of law suit. wave

- I know those voices in my head are not real, but man they have some good ideas.

- I never killed anyone, but I have read a large number of obituaries with great satisfaction.

- If I cannot make it to your funeral, I will certainly send a message indicating my approval.

- Most of my Friends are Imaginary

- Time is money, so I decided to sell my watch.
#3055154 - 07/18/10 10:32 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: jack72]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
No, this is a 3rd Party mod.

And with the dearth of LP updates (heck, they haven't even updated their WEBSITE, how hard could that be?), I don't think there's anything to worry about.

- Ice
#3055167 - 07/18/10 11:03 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: - Ice]  
Skunk1_Viking Offline
Skunk1_Viking  Offline

Anchorage, Alaska
Jack, -Ice is right. Skunkworks is not affiliated with LP by any means.
You also shouldn't worry about an update issue. Its more or less known that the 'latest' patch was the last patch.

Originally Posted By: Ed_1
Might be good idea to show/list what you changed on realism (hitpoint stuff ) So others can see where you are coming from . Few examples with results against stock AF .

I am always curious how other mods/groups approach data to realism.

Well we gathered as much info about an ACFT a we could via online sources, things like general performance data, airframe data, engine data, material thickness, & typical 'red side' equivalent. We also watched countless hours of videos that generally discussed ACFT comparisons and generally had long drawn out discussions about "who would win in a dog-fight" (assuming pilots were clones).
A good example would be the A-10. There are not as many birds that can take abuse like an A-10. And how about that F-15 that landed with one wing? That has to say something about potential survivability. So you can see where we tried to approach it from. Also the return of the BFops.cfg file brought the 'realism factor' back up some. A few things included in that is the 3D sound, over-G will cause damage, some MFD 'bugging' change, etc.

#3055187 - 07/18/10 11:39 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Skunk1_Viking]  
jack72 Offline
jack72  Offline

Toronto
OK..thanks...just wanted to know...

I am going to install soon....just wondering as I am still confucused....confusced...confused...

Since the only modification I have made is the LP patch, added a sound modification and the HItiles...do I need to reinstall or can I just install over everything including Hitiles.

- I know those voices in my head are not real, but man they have some good ideas.

- I never killed anyone, but I have read a large number of obituaries with great satisfaction.

- If I cannot make it to your funeral, I will certainly send a message indicating my approval.

- Most of my Friends are Imaginary

- Time is money, so I decided to sell my watch.
#3055195 - 07/18/10 11:57 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: jack72]  
Skunk1_Viking Offline
Skunk1_Viking  Offline

Anchorage, Alaska
If you have HiTiles installed for Korea and the Balkans already then you dont need to do anything, it'll work fine.
Your sound pack will not be affected either.
The Skunkworks mod is isolated and contained within itself. It will not affect your default AF install at all, its simply adding 2 battlefields, these battlefields contain the mod.

#3055198 - 07/19/10 12:04 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Skunk1_Viking]  
Skunk1_Viking Offline
Skunk1_Viking  Offline

Anchorage, Alaska
sorry about the size and resolution, a little small due to me uploading these to facebook. It resized them.

The loadout for the F-22 during modding; v0.2 (may be slightly different than v1.2)

The new loadout for the F-16. I do believe this is v1.2.

#3055314 - 07/19/10 07:03 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Turkeydriver]  
Skunk1_Viking Offline
Skunk1_Viking  Offline

Anchorage, Alaska
Originally Posted By: tomcat211
...One incredibly annoying thing is the apparent disregard to aircraft skin realism. The F-16 Block 40 and Typhoon at least have unrealistic skins that seem to be somthing out of Ace Combat or something.

You think those are bad? lol, check out the harrier, hahah

No, seriously though. The resolution and quality of skins will improve as new patches are released. This is the first release to the public to get a general idea of how well it would do in a community dominated by OF and FF. Be patient my friend, skin improvements will come in time.

#3055315 - 07/19/10 07:06 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Skunk1_Viking]  
Zaphael Offline
Zaphael  Offline

That v1.2 viper is gonna have its wings break off...

The modification looks interesting. Hope you guys can put up some youtube videos or screenshots of what you'all have done. Might consider getting your next release once the Aeyes pit issues and other stuff have been resolved!

Looking Forward to it!

#3055336 - 07/19/10 09:15 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Zaphael]  
Skunk1_Viking Offline
Skunk1_Viking  Offline

Anchorage, Alaska
Originally Posted By: Zaphael
The modification looks interesting. Hope you guys can put up some youtube videos or screenshots of what you'all have done. Might consider getting your next release once the Aeyes pit issues and other stuff have been resolved!

The Aeyes pit fix will take less than 3 mins of your time to do. Just read the instructions carefully. Pretty easy stuff. The pit bug is the exact same one found in the Israeli theater from PMC, and its the same work-around.

As for screens and vidz..Well that would be kind of hard since most of the changes are behind the scenes and spans too many different areas.
Wouldn't hurt to give it a try since it does not overwrite any files in your Falcon install and can be removed by simply pressing the delete key.

#3055355 - 07/19/10 11:08 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Skunk1_Viking]  
Deathblow Offline
Deathblow  Offline

Downloading Now- Thanks!

I have a couple of questions about this work.

1. Although it says that no original files will be over-writed, is this the case for all aspects, skins included?

2. Is there any chance we could get a look at the complete list of modifications- I'm very eager to see what's new!

Really awesome to see this work- you guys have given F4AF a new lease of life me thinks!

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.