Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#3181150 - 01/16/11 11:21 PM Re: Killzone 3 gold, coming Feb. 22nd... * [Re: Magnum]  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
"Biggest draw in this forum", lol... what the hell are you seeing that I'm not... whatever... it's so obvious that most of the time your opinion, which you like to claim as correct, genius, and always right... is NOT in the majority... but if it makes you feel better, the truth is obvious.

FYI... the little flame symbol means it's a hot topic/thread.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3181205 - 01/17/11 01:43 AM Re: Killzone 3 gold, coming Feb. 22nd... [Re: Magnum]  
Razorback Offline
No one of consequence
Razorback  Offline
No one of consequence
Veteran

NJ
Originally Posted By: Magnum
"Biggest draw in this forum", lol... what the hell are you seeing that I'm not... whatever... it's so obvious that most of the time your opinion, which you like to claim as correct, genius, and always right... is NOT in the majority... but if it makes you feel better, the truth is obvious.

I believe we call what I did there... hyperbole.

In any event, it still doesn't explain why people come to a thread to complain about how they will NOT be playing a game that they didn't like before.

#3181210 - 01/17/11 01:57 AM Re: Killzone 3 gold, coming Feb. 22nd... [Re: Razorback]  
slash9107 Offline
360 Gamertag: slash9107
slash9107  Offline

Rhode Island, USA
Originally Posted By: Razorback
Originally Posted By: Billy_Bud_Fan
The gratuitous use of F bombs was really a turn of for me too. I can see all the tweens thinking it cool, but as a 43 yr old its unnecessary. Another game I can't play with my 8 yr old son.

Here is what I am trying to figure out. There is a thread for the sequel to a game that you guys think sucked so bad you can't even contemplate playing it... and yet it is the biggest draw in this forum.

WOW!! Is it really that important to you that people like games on a console you happen to prefer? You like the game and the PS3, the PS3 has no flaws nor does any game ever made for the PS3, PS3, PS3, blah, blah, blah, we get it, so what? Are you on Sony's payroll or something? Do you believe that your comments will somehow get everyone to get rid of their games and buy what you like, solely because you said it? And even if that were to happen, do you expect that Sony would give you some kind of benefit for that? Sounds ridiculous when you see it in written form doesn't it?

For the life of me I just don't get fanboyism. I have all 3 consoles and I really could care less if someone loves or hates any of them. I'm not getting any money from them and in fact I'm shelling out more money than I probably should on all of them. Just because someone's opinion differs from yours makes them wrong?

Here's how it usuallly works, someone writes a comment, others respond based on thier opinions on said comment (usually in a mature fashion), others continue to debate until a new comment is posted and we repeat. Anything more than that is probably unwarranted. Can we stop the nonsense already!

Nice hat, looks good on you though.
#3181211 - 01/17/11 01:58 AM Re: Killzone 3 gold, coming Feb. 22nd... [Re: Razorback]  
slash9107 Offline
slash9107  Offline

Rhode Island, USA

Funny, I call it immature.

Nice hat, looks good on you though.
#3181237 - 01/17/11 03:05 AM Re: Killzone 3 gold, coming Feb. 22nd... [Re: Magnum]  
360maniac_com Offline
XBL: www360maniaccom
360maniac_com  Offline

I've avoided this thread to keep from inciting the ridiculous fanboy flames we've had lately, but since it's too late now...

I liked the graphics, and learned the ps3 controller pretty well with KZ2. But, I hated the online setup and the clustermucks the games always ended up being. I'd join a game with a friend, and he'd be put on the other team. We'd get in on the same team to be split up on the next game. Comms didn't work at times, and no party chat to fix it. It just sucked compared to Live, and having dozens of teammates and enemies attacking the same objective at once was total chaos. I eventually gave up on it, and lost interest in the series in the process.

I prefer more realism, am hoping Socom will fit the bill. (cautious optimism)

And for the record, I own, appreciate, and use all 3 systems.

Rig - NLR Gttrack with Flight Pack, Thrustmaster TX w/28GT wheel, VRS Pedals w/clutch, Thrustmaster 16000 w/TWCS, Reverb G2 v2, nobsound usb amp pushing BST-1 shakers
PC - Win10, 12700k, 64gb DDR4, 3080ti FTW3, Samsung SSDs
#3181279 - 01/17/11 05:34 AM Re: Killzone 3 gold, coming Feb. 22nd... [Re: Magnum]  
Ark Offline
Cat Herder
Ark  Offline
Cat Herder

Fresno, CA.
After a reading an article about SOCOM aiming more at the action type of gameplay crowd, straying away from its more tctical roots, I have sort of put it out of my mind for the time being. I loved Killzone 2 however, despite it being run and gun game as well...I can't wait for it.

Ark

Windows 7 x64
Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
Core i7 920 @ 4.0
6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
Evga GTX 680 Classified
SB X-FI Fatality
640GB WD "Black"
1GB WD "Black"
LG 39" LCD / Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer H233H 23" LCD

RIP Positive G
#3181307 - 01/17/11 07:37 AM Re: Killzone 3 gold, coming Feb. 22nd... [Re: slash9107]  
Razorback Offline
No one of consequence
Razorback  Offline
No one of consequence
Veteran

NJ
Originally Posted By: slash9107
The gratuitous use of F bombs was really a turn of for me too. I can see all the tweens thinking it cool, but as a 43 yr old its unnecessary. Another game I can't play with my 8 yr old son.

Here is what I am trying to figure out. There is a thread for the sequel to a game that you guys think sucked so bad you can't even contemplate playing it... and yet it is the biggest draw in this forum.

WOW!! Is it really that important to you that people like games on a console you happen to prefer? You like the game and the PS3, the PS3 has no flaws nor does any game ever made for the PS3, PS3, PS3, blah, blah, blah, we get it, so what? Are you on Sony's payroll or something? Do you believe that your comments will somehow get everyone to get rid of their games and buy what you like, solely because you said it? And even if that were to happen, do you expect that Sony would give you some kind of benefit for that? Sounds ridiculous when you see it in written form doesn't it?

For the life of me I just don't get fanboyism. I have all 3 consoles and I really could care less if someone loves or hates any of them. I'm not getting any money from them and in fact I'm shelling out more money than I probably should on all of them. Just because someone's opinion differs from yours makes them wrong?

Here's how it usuallly works, someone writes a comment, others respond based on thier opinions on said comment (usually in a mature fashion), others continue to debate until a new comment is posted and we repeat. Anything more than that is probably unwarranted. Can we stop the nonsense already!

Talk about a massive overreaction.

I have many complaints about the PS3. My question is... why does someone go into a thread CLEARLY labeled to be focusing on a game they HAVE NO INTEREST IN, and note that they have no interest in it? Is it that important to declare yourself?

#3181309 - 01/17/11 07:39 AM Re: Killzone 3 gold, coming Feb. 22nd... [Re: slash9107]  
Razorback Offline
No one of consequence
Razorback  Offline
No one of consequence
Veteran

NJ
Originally Posted By: slash9107

Funny, I call it immature.

And I think you are being childish.

#3181335 - 01/17/11 09:35 AM Re: Killzone 3 gold, coming Feb. 22nd... [Re: Razorback]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
Talk about a massive overreaction.

I have many complaints about the PS3. My question is... why does someone go into a thread CLEARLY labeled to be focusing on a game they HAVE NO INTEREST IN, and note that they have no interest in it? Is it that important to declare yourself?

I can only speak for myself. I've never stated I will not buy Killzone 3. I felt compelled to respond to the topic of Killzone 2's graphics.

#3181396 - 01/17/11 12:51 PM Re: Killzone 3 gold, coming Feb. 22nd... [Re: WangoTango]  
Razorback Offline
No one of consequence
Razorback  Offline
No one of consequence
Veteran

NJ
I can only speak for myself. I've never stated I will not buy Killzone 3. I felt compelled to respond to the topic of Killzone 2's graphics.

I apologize. I literally missed the trailing end of what you type: "with my 8 yr old son."

FYI, I am about to turn 39 and have no issue with gratuitous filth. However, I can understand not wanting it in a game that you want to play with your kid.

I think every game should come with a gore and language filter that parents can turn on and off. It wouldn't even take much of an effort to implement it in a game (the language filter). Just add bleeps or change the words during recording. I mean, if you can spend the extra man hours to have the gore filter, why not language?

But the graphics in Killzone 2 were some of the best there are in any FPS. That isn't just my opinion. Nearly every professional critic agrees.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/killzone-2

Was it generic in gameplay? Yeah. It didn't revolutionize the FPS genre. And the single player was only sometimes exceptional. But I enjoyed its multiplayer immensely and the online graphics were stunning, since they were virtually the same as the single player game.

#3181402 - 01/17/11 01:08 PM Re: Killzone 3 gold, coming Feb. 22nd... [Re: Magnum]  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
Well thats what a forum is for Razorback... to discuss a topic.

and it was a good discussion, till you arrived with your unwitty comments and opinions... as usual.

and back on topic... thanks for the constructive feedback on the game... like i said Killzone 2 was my first PS3 game i bought and I wasn't impressed and found the new controls difficult so eventually gave up and moved on... to MAG, which BTW I think is pretty damn good... but their catch line is 256 players, I actually think thats too much...64 would/should be the max, IMO...
On Killzone 3 if people with a fair and unbias opinion came in here and said how great Killzone 2 was and how great Killzone 3 is going to be... I would of probably researched the game more and bought it, but after so many negative comments think I'll walk away all together. That my friends is what a forum is for and how it's suppose to work. Thx.

Am very disappointed to hear about that SOCOM game being dumbed down thou... damn.

#3182448 - 01/18/11 05:46 PM Re: Killzone 3 gold, coming Feb. 22nd... [Re: Magnum]  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
Reactivated my Gamefly account... so will gamefly Killzone 3 and see for myself, then SOCOM before I buy... along with Dead Space 2... gameplay looks wicked but I got killed over and over too easy in the demo... got tired of dying. wink

#3182481 - 01/18/11 06:12 PM Re: Killzone 3 gold, coming Feb. 22nd... [Re: Magnum]  
360maniac_com Offline
360maniac_com  Offline

Interesting gampeplay vid showcasing the move pointer controls.

Rig - NLR Gttrack with Flight Pack, Thrustmaster TX w/28GT wheel, VRS Pedals w/clutch, Thrustmaster 16000 w/TWCS, Reverb G2 v2, nobsound usb amp pushing BST-1 shakers
PC - Win10, 12700k, 64gb DDR4, 3080ti FTW3, Samsung SSDs
#3184363 - 01/20/11 08:43 PM Re: Killzone 3 gold, coming Feb. 22nd... [Re: Magnum]  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida

#3185888 - 01/22/11 05:00 PM Re: Killzone 3 gold, coming Feb. 22nd... [Re: Magnum]  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
I'm glad theres a open beta... will use that too see if i want in, lol...

Quote:

Killzone 3 Open Beta Coming to the PSN on the 3rd of February

It’s Friday and it is a good news day! Between the 3rd and the 15th of February, you will be able to download and play the Killzone 3 Open Beta from the PlayStation Store.

This Beta will offer you exclusive early access to the MP05 ‘Frozen Dam’ multiplayer level from Killzone 3, including all three online multiplayer modes – Guerrilla Warfare, Warzone and Operations – as well as the offline multiplayer mode, Botzone. A sprawling asymmetrical map set in an old dam facility, the playing field in MP05 has been carefully tailored to fit each of the multiplayer modes.

These are the four multiplayer modes included with the Open Beta: be available in the final game:

Guerrilla Warfare (16 players)
Guerrilla Warfare is a standalone multiplayer mode similar to classic Team Deathmatch: You and your teammates must try to kill as many of the opposing team as you can before the timer runs out. In this mode, only the downstream monitor houses and repair bay are accessible, giving the map a very frantic pace.

Warzone (24 players)
If you’ve played Killzone 2, you may already be familiar with Warzone. It’s a round-based multiplayer campaign that consists of five randomly ordered mini-missions. In this mode the power house and penstocks directly under the dam are accessible as well, so there’s more room to come up with different strategies and approaches to your goal.

Operations (16 players)
Operations is a new multiplayer campaign which aims to deliver a more cinematic, story-based gameplay experience, similar to that of Killzone 3’s single-player mode. It consists of a sequence of linear mini-missions, in which the ISA must try to secure the docks and destroy the dam, while the Helghast must try to protect the dam facility.

Botzone (16 players)
Botzone is an offline multiplayer mode ideal for those looking to get to grips with the controls, the weapons or the map layout before going up against live players. Each of the aforementioned multiplayer modes can be played offline, against CPU-controlled opponents.

For details of all the multiplayer maps in Killzone 3, see our map feature here.

Over the next couple of weeks keep your eyes on the PlayStation Blog and on Killzone.com for more information.

Have a good weekend!

#3186171 - 01/22/11 11:40 PM Re: Killzone 3 gold, coming Feb. 22nd... [Re: Magnum]  
Desode Offline
Ps3 & 360 GT : DESODE
Desode  Offline
Ps3 & 360 GT : DESODE

Mag I think you will be surprised by this on a little bit.

Desode

Forumrunners.com When you crave teamwork at the Highest Level ! Were waiting for you !

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.