Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#4605335 - 08/08/22 06:51 AM Re: Comanche Gold - TODAY - Possibilities ***** [Re: LuizPSC]  
ufolev Offline
ufolev  Offline

Hello LuizPSC

Welcome here!
About your 2 questions:

In Comanche Gold I use a program that transforms my PC mouse into a virtual joystick and therefore I can not help with advise about the real joystick use.

About the mission bug you can try to use a different Pilot or just create a new Pilot in the menu Re-Enlist and try to accomplish the desired mission again

ufo :-)

Last edited by ufolev; 08/08/22 08:10 AM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4605452 - 08/09/22 01:51 AM Re: Comanche Gold - TODAY - Possibilities [Re: ufolev]  
LuizPSC Offline
LuizPSC  Offline

Ahhh thanks! i will try the doing another pilot mission later!
=================================================
UPDATE 17 of Agust 2022

i solved it, i tried Logitech profiler and before it was not working propely, but i tried again and set to "apply profiles to games automatically" and it worked, now i can like put q on the button for collective - and now it works.

gonna now see what i can change to make it better to fly, change guns and targeting without going too much on the keyboard, while still going for the keyboard for less urgent commands!

But somehow even going to the other profile don't help it, the mission is still stuck as same as the other profile i was using before, i still need to find a way to "reset" the mission somehow.
Also the comanche overwiew don't work too.

Last edited by LuizPSC; 08/17/22 11:09 PM. Reason: solved my issue!
#4606910 - 08/26/22 02:58 PM Re: Comanche Gold - TODAY - Possibilities [Re: LuizPSC]  
ufolev Offline
ufolev  Offline

Hi LuizPSC

these files C3.NAM and C3.SAV represent pilot profile name and completed missions progress and score
I suppose that when you finish the first mission . then the game creates the C3sav file and connect it with corresponding C3.nam file
Or get and put these in the CG folder and tray again
https://mega.nz/file/1Ap02TTa#vlm_t3pSwElAdfM9eJM0R1znfpqqkiun1QPXIEZ48g0
good luck!

#4610650 - 10/08/22 01:52 AM Re: Comanche Gold - TODAY - Possibilities [Re: ufolev]  
LuizPSC Offline
LuizPSC  Offline

Sorry for the delay of this message, but i found a solution for my mapping flightstick problem. ( Logitech 3D Pro Extreme)

but before that, Thanks ufolev, but it somehow didn't worked, even by changing the save with all missions unlocked and green, if i try that mission again is still interesting in the mid way,
tanks destroyed, helis also, just some ammount of the facility, and my wingman (i like how petty the manual says "we don't ] call our parthers wingmans like those jet pilots) is there and probably goes down, or return home.

is like if the mission was replaced by a save state of the state of map when i died last time before the bug, i will make a video about it just to record the bug, but i am more fascinated about it then actually wanting a way to fix it by now.

So about the mapping, i think i forgot to use the administartor rights on my Logitech flightstick sofware, and i could map keys to it, replacing the original comands, and this what i had for now

[img]https://imgur.com/a/KASINTn[/img]

So the side buttons out of the flightstick i using for "weapons" management.

Top row is artillery and buddy
mid is cannon and rockets
low is stingers and hellfires

the pov buttons stayed what they are, to look to places

the others is more to make it easily to acess the target functions( i had huge problems doing that on keyboard, almost didn't get a good use of hold targets for arty and hellfire safely in the first campaign

only one left (botton left) is to change weapons everytime i press it, i still don't khow which key i want to use on that, but when i starts the cuba campaign and play with it more i guess i will find out what to replace.

Last edited by LuizPSC; 10/08/22 01:53 AM. Reason: fix the image link
#4616019 - 12/07/22 09:16 PM Re: Comanche Gold - TODAY - Possibilities [Re: ufolev]  
Witchy Woman Offline
Witchy Woman  Offline

usa
For arcade action it was great when i was a kid but I quickly shifted over to janes games and EECH. I am not sure Comanche could ever catch my interest even with a graphics update, the arcadey gameplay is just to shallow for me.

#4616100 - 12/08/22 03:08 PM Re: Comanche Gold - TODAY - Possibilities [Re: ufolev]  
Flyboy Offline
Flyboy  Offline

England, UK
Witchy Woman - OK so between this and the post you made in the LB2 forum yesterday, it appears that all you've done is turn up to complain and add nothing to the topics themselves. What's your point?

#4617565 - 12/26/22 05:30 AM Re: Comanche Gold - TODAY - Possibilities [Re: Flyboy]  
Witchy Woman Offline
Witchy Woman  Offline

usa
Originally Posted by Flyboy
Witchy Woman - OK so between this and the post you made in the LB2 forum yesterday, it appears that all you've done is turn up to complain and add nothing to the topics themselves. What's your point?

How was the LB2 post a complaint? I simply said I couldnt get it to work and how I wish LB2 had a larger FOV option to zoom out while in the cockpit. WTF? I beat longbow and enjoyed it over there years. I don't see how its a complaint. You need to take a chill. Even after describing my issues of trying to get it to run, no one offered any solutions so I moved on. I I been here a long time. I offer a bit of light crtiticisim on a few issues which is my own opinion and your dishoveled about it? Then you mention this post here, How is saying I lost interest in it due to its arcade aspects bad? Everyone offers opinions here, many negative and many good but your going to lay into me over 2 posts that obviously got you rialed up? LOL Apparently you don't care about that as all you saw it as was something that wasn't constructive. What a load of BS.

If you dont like my comments then I really dont care after the tone in your post. I can see now why some people have left this forum. We lost some really good people (modders) here over the years due to bullying and other knitpicking on members work. I did not see anyone put those people in check. In my case I was doing none of that.

Last edited by Witchy Woman; 12/26/22 05:43 AM.
#4617667 - 12/28/22 04:02 PM Re: Comanche Gold - TODAY - Possibilities [Re: Witchy Woman]  
ufolev Offline
ufolev  Offline

Hi Witchy Woman,
I am the author of this topic and Flyboy is not only a friend but he is a dedicated fan , inventor, coder,
and the backbone of Comanche Gold post development society.

Sometimes if we can not implement the suggestions about how to run some game
We have to look whether the limitations are in our hardware or in our lacks of software knowledge
and kindly to ask for help.

Regards

Last edited by ufolev; 12/28/22 04:15 PM.
#4617697 - 12/29/22 12:02 AM Re: Comanche Gold - TODAY - Possibilities [Re: ufolev]  
Witchy Woman Offline
Witchy Woman  Offline

usa
Originally Posted by ufolev
Hi Witchy Woman,
I am the author of this topic and Flyboy is not only a friend but he is a dedicated fan , inventor, coder,
and the backbone of Comanche Gold post development society.

Sometimes if we can not implement the suggestions about how to run some game
We have to look whether the limitations are in our hardware or in our lacks of software knowledge
and kindly to ask for help.

Regards

I am not at all upset about that nor was I looking for someone to mod the game to my liking. I was simply commenting on the fact I have had problems gettting it to run where as I have never had problems getting Janes F15, USAF or F18 to run on windows 10 or 11. For some reason someone took my last two posts as negative trolling attacks and that set me off. I have never had a squabble on this forum and never caused any problems. Hopefully it stays that wy, happy holidays.

#4618767 - 01/15/23 03:48 PM Re: Comanche Gold - TODAY - Possibilities [Re: ufolev]  
FatCatProject Offline
FatCatProject  Offline

Hi there
Surprised the topic is still there, active !!

I'm currently gathering all my knowledge to advance on an unified pff reader, map creator, and mission editor that could take advantage on the different ressource packs here and there.

I must say... it may take a while, but maybe I could open a new topic once it starts to look like something so that I can have some feedback. I think from a management view it's... scrum management ?

What do you think would be usefull in such an editor ?

#4619278 - 01/24/23 10:01 AM Re: Comanche Gold - TODAY - Possibilities [Re: FatCatProject]  
ufolev Offline
ufolev  Offline

Hi FatCatProject ,

I will never say "no" about a such step in the development of Comanche Gold maybe because maps and missions making is my personal favorite topic!

Armored Fist2 and Delta Force1 Maps used in Comanche Gold:
https://app.box.com/s/363cafw5ikrwezfcfzgkgro5gi20hwbz

Thus This game will never die !

All Best

Last edited by ufolev; 01/24/23 10:55 AM.
#4624323 - 04/06/23 05:58 PM Re: Comanche Gold - TODAY - possibilities [Re: DavidC99]  
Sir_Rocksalot Offline
Sir_Rocksalot  Offline

Mississippi and Scotland
Originally Posted by DavidC99
I think I'm almost there with the connection issues.

[/b]

You know, after wading through this long, drawn out thread, it reminds me of many things regarding this "issues" , which have been quite nauseating for some time. Everybody and their brother's sister, pats themselves on their collective backs
for supposedly "resolving" these problems. That would include jumping through hoops to put a virtual operating system, windows 98, or whatever on your PC. Why on Earth would you do such a thing, when you could simply get an old PC nobody wants to
fix, install actual Windows XP on it, as I have, and run it somewhere else, or next to your main PC, or whatever? When I think of this entire thread, I still haven't gotten through yet, I think of how you people in this multiplayer dilemma, bragging about what you've done, and such,
have done absolutely NOTHING more than what has already been done on a 56K modem on a telephone line. The concept of reinventing the wheel doesn't quite cover this one.

"Tony Stark did it in a cave!" .. "With a box of scraps!"
#4624324 - 04/06/23 06:11 PM Re: Comanche Gold - TODAY - possibilities [Re: ufolev]  
Sir_Rocksalot Offline
Sir_Rocksalot  Offline

Mississippi and Scotland
As I've waded through these message boards like this, reading about you people have accomplished, bragging about yourselves, "solving" these issues with windows 98 titles and such, I remind myself of the Jeff Bridges character, the best actor in the entire series in fact, of the original Iron Man flick.
The Jeff Bridges character can no longer tolerate any excuses and loses his temper with the so-called scientist. "Tony Stark did it in a cave! With a box of scraps!!"

Last edited by Sir_Rocksalot; 04/06/23 06:13 PM. Reason: addendum

#4624325 - 04/06/23 06:27 PM Re: Comanche Gold - TODAY - possibilities [Re: ufolev]  
Sir_Rocksalot Offline
Sir_Rocksalot  Offline

Mississippi and Scotland
In fact, I ought to make the Jeff Bridges line in the movie as my new sig on these message boards: "Tony Stark did it in cave!".. "With a box of scraps!"

#4641724 - 01/28/24 12:07 PM Re: Comanche Gold - TODAY - possibilities [Re: Sir_Rocksalot]  
ufolev Offline
ufolev  Offline

hi Rocksalot

This topic is No Longer active and actual !

ufo

Last edited by ufolev; 03/04/24 09:33 AM.
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Hans Zimmer North American concert tour 2024
by NoFlyBoy. 03/16/24 10:54 PM
Steam Spring Sale.
by RedToo. 03/15/24 09:09 PM
Starship Attempt Three
by F4UDash4. 03/14/24 12:06 PM
This is one cool turbofan model
by Zamzow. 03/14/24 02:41 AM
Map Errors
by F4UDash4. 03/13/24 11:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.