Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#3108037 - 10/05/10 08:08 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available ***** [Re: Demonlord]  
Skunk1_Viking Offline
Skunkworks Developer & PR
Skunk1_Viking  Offline
Skunkworks Developer & PR

Anchorage, Alaska
Admin question....why remove the sticky??? Granted v1.2 is out-dated now (in essence), however we are still grinding away. What started as a 2 man team for v1.2 (1st public release) has grown into nearly a 12 man team.

Regardless.
Let me assure everyone that Skunk1 Industries is still hard at work. We were going to release v1.3 to the public, however after much conversation we decided we would pump out v2.0 for the public. Expect its "approx release" Feb. 1st, 2011 (hopefully sooner). MAJOR Skunkwork improvements are on the way as we have learned much from the first go around. AF fliers will not be disappointed this time around. (If any were.....although we did receive noting but a warm reception.)

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3138568 - 11/16/10 07:46 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Demonlord Offline
Skunkworks Developer
Demonlord  Offline
Skunkworks Developer

I would like to let everyone know that two small Skunkworks 2 video previews are now available.

#3160993 - 12/20/10 07:22 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA
My 3D pit doesn't show up either. I've tried the various advice in this thread and still no go in the new theaters. Not too bad. Synthetic supervision, anyone?

I’m not sure what is meant by:

“Now install the Aeyes pits again,run the exe`s and select Uninstall (No Reinstall or Update! )
Then fully install them back again,update once installed.”

Which exe and ‘them’ are you referring to for each point here?

The AI and even just mission prioritization seem less -- how do I put it -- stupid. The latter is set up automatically by the HQ/computer close to how I do it. Far less sending of flight after flight to their certain destruction. Nice.

Kinematics do indeed seem to be improved. I don't find the same altitude penalties as before, which is obviously a really unrealistic thing to have been happening.

Stealth definitely seems to be working now for Fly Any Aircraft, but seems to be all or nothing. Am I mistaken? Does each aircraft have a different signiture that depends on aspect... even if you are the pilot?

Speaking of Kinematics... F-22 flight dynamics are vastly improved. Thankfully no more supercruising at 70,000ft (fun in a superman kind of way in the old campaigns), but the optimum fuel efficiency is still showing up as FL200-FL300 @ m0.6 in the upfront display. If you are planning to supercruise, though, you do get your best speed per fuel consumption for that at around FL450 and can save a little more PPM per TAS if you drop down to the low 90s rpm and can always sprint for the climb & launch.

Any way to hack it to automatically turn off thrust vectoring on the Raptor and advanced Migs & Su when the gear are down?

Is there any way you could give us alpha in the HUD, or at least AoA in the upper right corner on all aircraft... not just the ones with manual flaps? Heck, I'd like to see what the flaps and leading edges are doing on all the aircraft up there, even the ones that control it automatically.

The other thing that'd be great would be to refuel/re-arm (at least the former) at any allied air fields. But at least landing at one will prevent you from losing an airframe already.

And of course, there's the need for IRST or airborne FLIR... but that's asking for some magic potion stuff, there. Hey, I can dream, can't I? Next best thing is labels and the spot scan.

Anyway, this is an outstanding advancement and add-on for Allied Force, even if on the surface it doesn't seem like much. It is. I look forward to v2.0... whatever it may entail!

Last edited by Reticuli; 12/20/10 07:23 AM.

The term "necroposting" was invented by a person with no social memory beyond a year. People with a similar hangup are those o.k. with the internet being transient vapor.

http://www.openfuelstandard.org/2011/12/methanol-wins-open-wager.html

Saitek X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

http://library.avsim.net/register.php

X52 + Silicone Grease = JOY stick
#3161731 - 12/21/10 12:27 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Wolfman Offline
Wolfman  Offline

@ Reticuli,
Follow the instructions carefully for the Aeyes Pits,I have done this many times with no problems.The .exe`s referred to are the Aeyes Cockpit Exe`s.

1) After installing the SkunkWorks Theater, first make backups of the files:

KoreaObj.hdr
KoreaObj.lod
KoreaObj.tex

found in:
C:/Program Files/Lead Pursuit/Battlefield Operations/terrdata/objects

2) Then copy the three same files from the folder:

C:/Program Files/Lead Pursuit/Battlefield Operations/SkunkWorks/terrdata/objects

to

3) Now you completely uninstall Aeyes pit(s):

1. check box FULL UNINSTALL ....with exe-files
2. then FULLY install them back again.

4) Now copy the three KoreaObj* files from the folder:

C:/Program Files/Lead Pursuit/Battlefield/Operations/terrdata/objects

back to the directory

C:/Program Files/Lead Pursuit/Battlefield Operations/SkunkWorks/terrdata/objects

5) Finally, copy the backups of the three KoraObj .* files
in step 1 back into:

Now you can use the 3D-Widescreen Aeyes pits SkunkWorks.

Last edited by Wolf72nd; 12/21/10 12:28 AM.
#3162859 - 12/22/10 05:40 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA
My v1.2 F-16CJ pit exe doesn't give the option to uninstall. Not sure which version it's at now. However, I was able to install the Zerk 3D pit, which showed up fine. I also can uninstall that one and afterwards Aeyes shows up that was installed before. So, I guess that's one way to do it. Thanks.

The term "necroposting" was invented by a person with no social memory beyond a year. People with a similar hangup are those o.k. with the internet being transient vapor.

Saitek X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

#3169807 - 01/02/11 01:02 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Reticuli]  
Demonlord Offline
Skunkworks Developer
Demonlord  Offline
Skunkworks Developer

Originally Posted By: Reticuli

The AI and even just mission prioritization seem less -- how do I put it -- stupid. The latter is set up automatically by the HQ/computer close to how I do it. Far less sending of flight after flight to their certain destruction. Nice.

Kinematics do indeed seem to be improved. I don't find the same altitude penalties as before, which is obviously a really unrealistic thing to have been happening.

Speaking of Kinematics... F-22 flight dynamics are vastly improved. Thankfully no more supercruising at 70,000ft (fun in a superman kind of way in the old campaigns), but the optimum fuel efficiency is still showing up as FL200-FL300 @ m0.6 in the upfront display. If you are planning to supercruise, though, you do get your best speed per fuel consumption for that at around FL450 and can save a little more PPM per TAS if you drop down to the low 90s rpm and can always sprint for the climb & launch.

Everything you mentioned here is the same as the default Allied Force settings. We made no changes like that in version 1.2. We don't have the executable so lots of changes like that cannot be made.

Stealth is simply a selection flag made through the database. Its exact specifications are hardcoded.

Hope this answers some of your questions.

Last edited by Demonlord; 01/02/11 01:30 AM.
#3169863 - 01/02/11 03:18 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA
I'm talking about any version of this mod. I've just used it for the first time. v1, v1.1, v1.2. You made some of these changes at some point, didn't you?

Earlier in the discussion someone was saying the missile kinematics were improved, with better altitude/range advantage as the missile runs out of fuel and its weight reduces.

Maybe I'm thinking about Free Falcon, but I could have sworn the Raptor was some kind of super jet in Allied Force in the other theaters. I could fly at (maybe it was closer to) FL600 roaming around untouched by anyone. No?

And that's what gave the illusion of being LO without actually having it with the fly any aircraft mod. Take an F-117 for SEAD and you're a goner in the other theaters. No one could hit you in the Raptor because you were so high, but they could detect you.

Sooooooooooo... the stealth flags have been turned on for when you fly them or not? They definitely weren't active with a human player inside before.

From the term "flag" it sounds like stealth will be the same detectability reduction for everything in Allied Force with it, correct?

There's one thing I'm certain you fixed: landing gear damage with overspeed. You now have a ton of drag and the overspeed isn't until like 300kts. Right? It better, otherwise I think I've gone nuts.

Damn. Talk about placebo effects.

#3171016 - 01/03/11 10:30 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
cjcrank Offline
cjcrank  Offline

Hi Guys,
New to the forum and looking to jump right in...
Just bought f4af from amazon and I want some suggestions from you pros on software and gear.

1. software - do I patch what comes in the box (what's the latest patch) or install a new version altogether(what's the latest version) Also from what I've read HiTiles is a must...any other software a must have?

2. hardware - give me the best stick, throttle and pedals.

3. visual - from what I've read 3 monitors is tough in 2d and in 3d the definition is horrible so I assume that leaves the best option as a single 1080 monitor with TrackIr (my best guess).

I think I've covered the essentials but if I have left anything inportant out any info would be great! As soon as I get up and running I will be happy to contribute to the cause and try to help others as much as a newbie can.

Thanks Guys!

#3171382 - 01/04/11 12:59 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: cjcrank]  
Wombat1940 Offline
Wombat1940  Offline

Melbourne, Australia
Gees ...... you don't ask for much .... eek

Minimum: Patch to 1.0.13. Buy HiTiles.

Which stick? Read the threads and make up your own mind, depending on cash, what your read and what level of involvement you intend to have: casual shoot-em-up .... buy a Sidewinder; realistic, multiplay ...... I have a Cougar and an X52.

Its all about level of involvement and money ....but 24" nice with TrackIR.

Then of course their's your hardware .................. but that's another story. wink
This might help: http://www.72ndvfw.org/forums/showthread.php?p=67018#post67018

Gigabyte Ultra Durable 3 GA-EX58-UD4P motherboard, Intel i7 920 2.66Ghz/8Gb RAM chip set (only 3.5Gb available with XP & 32bit system), NVIDIA GeForce GTX275 video card, Realtek ALC850 sound circuitry, OS XP Home SP3, Samsung 21"(4x3)Flat LCD, TM Cougar joystick, TrackIR 3Pro, Logitech G330 Headset, ConnectAccess621 ADSL2/2 Router.
XP Home SP3, Running Falcon 4AF, 1.013 Patch, High Tiles (winter).
#3171426 - 01/04/11 02:33 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: cjcrank]  
LoD_Viper Offline
LoD_Viper  Offline

Southern Arizona in the good o...
@cjcrank:

Just a few things to add to the previous post...

1. Download the latest patch from www.lead-pursuit.com ( http://www.lead-pursuit.com/downloads.htm ). It's the 1.0.13 patch in either .exe or .zip format. The latest patch includes all previous patches.

If you are going to run a widescreen monitor then I highly recommend you get Aeyes widescreen pits for high resolution monitors at http://cockpits.nl/newvisitor.html . There are three of them for the F16CG, F16CJ and the F16AM (Block 40/42, 50/52 and MLU).

2. Cougars are not being made anymore by Thrustmaster. You might still be able to find one in retail stores or on ebay but they are getting more and more scarce since the new A-10 HOTAS came out from Thrustmaster. I use an X52 Saitek for now but have a Cougar to part out for a Viper pit I am building. Both are fine HOTAS setups. But as the previous poster said it really has a lot to do with personal preference.

3. I run a 1920x1200 Samsung 26" monitor using Aeyes widescreen pits (described above). I run a second 20" monitor for Teamspeak and other things besides it. You don't say whether you've flown Falcon 4 before or not so I am assuming you are just starting out. If so, then I highly recommend you get online with a multiplayer group because you'll learn a whole lot faster and have a lot more fun while doing it. That being said you need to first learn the basic training missions (usually the first 10 is good enough to get you started). Once you have those done and know the things involved in them to seek out a virtual fighter wing or go to www.Multiviper.com. PM me here if you need more info about flying online. I'd be glad to discuss things with you.

#3171604 - 01/04/11 06:00 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
cjcrank Offline
cjcrank  Offline

You guys rock...

Thanks for all the great info. LoD_Viper you are correct, I haven't flown before but can't wait to start and not sure how to PM but I'll figure it out.

I have looked everywhere for a Cougar but so far to no avail...there's gotta be one somewhere. Any forums or sites regarding Vipers that might be a good place to possibly pick one up?

Thanks for the tip on Aeyes - will do.

It sounds like the Skunkworks Mod is going to be an essential as well or should I wait a little until I get comfortable with stock? I'm pretty comfortable editing code and other hardware/software.

Again I want to thank you all for taking the time to help out a noob. If I find a Cougar I'll let you know where I got it...maybe there's another beginner who needs one.

Talk to you soon...

#3171733 - 01/04/11 09:10 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Panther Offline
Panther  Offline

If you have a Fry's nearby check their shelves (I have no idea where you live, you may not have a Fry's), other sources would be on Ebay. The Cougar is no longer in production so what is out there is it, there will be no more. If money isn't any issue the new Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS is a replica of the A-10C HOTAS. If you're on a tight budget then the T.16000M, it has the same HEART technology as the Warthog HOTAS.

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 980TI 6GB G1 OC, Obutto oZone, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, NP TrackIR5, ***Soon*** Oculus Rift
#3171780 - 01/04/11 10:03 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: cjcrank]  
LoD_Viper Offline
LoD_Viper  Offline

Southern Arizona in the good o...
Originally Posted By: cjcrank
I have looked everywhere for a Cougar but so far to no avail...there's gotta be one somewhere. Any forums or sites regarding Vipers that might be a good place to possibly pick one up?

This is the store that Panther is talking about I think.

http://www.frys.com/search?search_type=regular&sqxts=1&query_string=thrustmaster+cougar&cat=0

Unfortunately, they probably won't ship a Cougar (according to their webpage). However, you might try calling a store and trying to work out a deal (if they even have one left in stock). You never know until you ask! smile

I had a friend pick mine up in Phoenix at the listed price (plus tax). Sweet deal!

P.S. To PM me just click on my username to the left and select "Send a PM".

Last edited by LoD_Viper; 01/04/11 10:07 PM.
#3171791 - 01/04/11 10:19 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
citizen guod Offline
Lifer
citizen guod  Offline
Lifer

The Fry's on Houston's Southwest Freeway had a couple when I was in there 2 weeks ago.

South Houston, TX
11565 S.W. Hwy 59
(832) 200-3300
(FAX) (832) 200-3318

http://www.frys.com/product/6076348?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Wisdom is knowing what's enough
#3172628 - 01/06/11 12:04 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Reticuli]  
Aeyes Offline
Aeyes  Offline

The netherlands
Reticuli, the F-16CJ widescreen for F4:AF is at v1.4, send me a mail with your transaction ID if possible and will send you the updated version.

Last edited by Aeyes; 01/06/11 12:05 AM.
#3180012 - 01/15/11 03:43 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Demonlord Offline
Skunkworks Developer
Demonlord  Offline
Skunkworks Developer

Gone way off topic here guys.

Skunkworks v2.0 releases Feb, 1st. 2011.

Cheers.

#3180053 - 01/15/11 05:09 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA
Any reason why the Use_This_Save might show aircraft carriers everywhere instead of airstrips in the 2012 Korea campaign? And why the Bosnia 2012 would just have an Auto save listed and no Use_This_Save at all?

CCRP and delay CCIP do not appear to work in the new 2012 campaigns and the gun air-to-ground sight seems less accurate. I also noticed the A-10 has a radar.

Do the Skunkworks updates affect the 2010 campaigns at all, or just these new 2012? And to uninstall, say to re-intstall, all you do is delete the Theaters folder?

Last edited by Reticuli; 01/15/11 08:20 AM.

#3182562 - 01/18/11 07:54 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
wolfstone Offline
wolfstone  Offline

Denmark
Great looking forward to it whats new in version 2?

#3182983 - 01/19/11 05:34 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: wolfstone]  
Demonlord Offline
Skunkworks Developer
Demonlord  Offline
Skunkworks Developer

Originally Posted By: wolfstone
Great looking forward to it whats new in version 2?

Wolfstone, I do not want to give away all the secrets yet of Skunkworks v2, but here is a small bit of the change-log that I have copied over for you.

Cheers,

Demonlord.

General Gameplay:
-More 'Realistic' viewing distance/draw distance of ground units.
-Naval forces are now more effective
-Trees are now hi-res.
-Explosions are now 2048 hi-res (resolution increased by x32)
-Dozens of new skins across the board (ACFT, Weapons, Canopy Ref.)
-Improved payload capabilities for all usable aircraft (Far too vast for details)
-Radar data has been tweaked for most common aircraft; Blue & Red common fighters [Thank you A.S. for the research]
-Completely revamped UI
-2D map now features campaign map from OF (Korea & Balkans only)
-Rebuilt TacRef to include unlisted munitions
-New soundpack built by Dutch.
-New custom UI music
-Tweaked AF shortcut parameters to include higher texture and object definitions
-100% HiTiles compatible
-Includes a custom BFops.cfg file (optional install)
-Includes 3 completely new and action packed Korea & Balkans Campaigns.
-Aeyes pit fix.

Aircraft:
-Removed FCR/AGR on A-10. Given 'state-of-the-art' RWR. (CCIP only capability)
-Custom GAU-8/A Cannon sounds when flying the A-10.
-A-10s hitpoints increased.
-Su-25 Hitpoints increased.
-Su-39 Hitpoints increased.
-F-22 hit stats now reflect a highly stealth air-to-air fighter.
-F-22 now has modeled RWR and Radar to reflect the current AESA radar system as best possible in AF.
-Mig-21 loadout is now accurate.
-Mig-31 loadout is now accurate.
-Mig-25 loadout is now accurate.

GRND/NAV Vehicles:
-ZIL-135 HP reduced. (Truck)
-KrAz T 255B HP reduced. (Truck, tow for D30s)
-KrAz F 255B HP reduced. (Truck, fuel) (destruction of this unit will cause massive splash damage to surrounding units)
-BM21 & BM24 HP reduced. (Zil-135, rocket launch)
-Draw distance increased for all ground movable units.

Weapons:
-A-10's 30mm GAU tweaked; improved damage, improved 'blast radius', now HE instead of AP (highly affective)
-AGM-84 Harpoon damage tweak for more effective carrier strikes
-JP-223 runway bomblets have been added to the Tornado. Tweaks made to Hit Chances & damage reduced.
-WCMD CBU-103 & CBU-105 now work. Hit chance improved. More damage.
-Stinger missile blast radius & hit chance improved slightly
-AT-16 Vickr damage reduced.
-AGM-154A & AGM-154C Fire Controls have been corrected and the JSOW is now usable.
-AGM-158 JASSM Fire Controls have been corrected and the JASSM is now usable.
-AGM-114L/K Hellfire has been increased in to hit stats for moving threats and also damaged has been lowered.
-AA-9 now completely fixed and changes reflects the actual missile.
-AA-11 drag changes and seeker data changes made.

Installer:
A new and much easier to use installer based on Installshield technology.

Last edited by Demonlord; 01/19/11 05:40 AM.
#3183003 - 01/19/11 06:41 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA
And we gotta wait two weeks for this? Ah, shucks.

I wonder if the draw distance fixes on the ground units will solve my issue of units disappearing in the TGP when I zoom too close sometimes.

Hmm... maybe there's a way to hack falcon so the datalinked aircraft think they're wingmen with all allied units in the air that also have a datalink. Then you'd see all their radar tracks in your HSD.

Tracers and explosions could be way more visible, both day and night. Big, fat, flaming tracers on the PNVS. Flak flashes. At least AF's nightvision doesn't look odd and washed out. I do dig FF5.53 more contrasty, obvious distant specks and fire when PNVS is off. I wonder which of my sims actually do that well? Can't even think of one off the top of my head.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.