Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3117326 - 10/17/10 02:55 PM Hotas Cougar not recognised Help  
Cybermann Offline
Cybermann  Offline

After installing LOCK on: Flaming cliffs and having a quick test of the game I noticed very slow delayed roll performance from my HOTAS Cougar. I then tried il2 1946 and noticed the stick wasn’t responding at all
I opened Foxy and tried to upload the profile for il2 and received an “ERROR 1008: Device error” cougar not communicating or not connected.

I uninstalled the cougar software and reinstalled it with a view to flashing the device. The software installed but when I attempted to flash it I received an error message of “device not recognised, not connected or not installed properly”.

I have tried this in a different USB port by swapping over my Saitek Pro rudders into the cougars port and vice versa and get the same results. I installed in my second machine and it is still unrecognised so it looks like a problem with the stick.

If I go to the HOTAS Control Panel I receive device detection error “E8 please ensure it is connected and worked properly”

I noticed this morning when I booted my PC it came up with a message the cougar had no firmware but when i tried to flash I got the device not recognised error.

The cougar is about 6 years old.

Any help appreciated.

Jim

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3117492 - 10/17/10 07:16 PM Re: Hotas Cougar not recognised Help [Re: Cybermann]  
petherf Offline
petherf  Offline

Sorry to say but i think that your joystick PCB board have give up.
one advice would be that you try and buy a new one on the second hand market.
And take parts from. Thrustmaster dont make them enymore and dont have any PCB, they are out of stock.
And you have the right drivers for your OS? http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=3&pid=50&cid=1

#3117804 - 10/18/10 10:11 AM Re: Hotas Cougar not recognised Help [Re: Cybermann]  
Cybermann Offline
Cybermann  Offline

Thanks to Cubpilot, I have sorted the cougar. He suggested I cleanse HOTAS and erase polling registry and calibration reboot and voila I can flash it and its working again. What a relief.

Cyber

#3118321 - 10/19/10 01:35 AM Re: Hotas Cougar not recognised Help [Re: Cybermann]  
CubPilot Offline
CubPilot  Offline

Upstate NY, USA
Just thought I would go into more detail as to what helped Cyberman to get his Cougar back up and working.

Open Foxy, goto "Cougar/HOTAS Cleanse/Erase Polling Registery Entry". If this registry setting has a flag set it will not allow communication with the Cougar. I would also use "Erase Windows Calibration" also, just for the hell of it.

Then:

1. Disconnect the Cougar from the computer.
2. Disconnect the throttle (and rudders if you have them).
3. Reboot the computer.
4. After Windows has finished loading, reconnect the Cougar with the trigger held in for a few seconds while reconnecting it.
5. Flash the firmware with the latest version.

This should get you going again! whoohoo

www.cubpilotshangar.net
Home of the Cougar + HS Hall Sensor Mods!
#4382265 - 09/30/17 05:02 PM Re: Hotas Cougar not recognised Help [Re: Cybermann]  
JDski Offline
JDski  Offline

Thanks Cybermann and CubPilot.
I have been using a combination of my Cougar base with Cougar throttle and F16 Simped pedals attached, and my Warthog stick with TARGET for years.
I went to do some flying, and found I could no longer get device analyzer in TARGET to see the "Thrustmaster Combined" option to select it.

I had to update TARGET first and then I was able to see and pick the "Thrustmaster Combined" option again in TARGET device analyzer. However, movement from my throttle and rudder pedals were still not registering through the Cougar base.
I then found this old post and followed CubPilots instructions above to use the Cougar/HOTAS cleanse procedure, and reloaded the Cougar firmware. I was not able to reload the firmware until I did the cleanse procedure.

Now everything is working again in TAREGT for my "Thrustmaster Combined" setup properly!

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.