Page 1 of 2 1 2
#3099784 - 09/23/10 05:01 PM MOD: The Forgotten War: An F9F Panther Campaign  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
Presenting a short, 13 missions, Korean War Campaign for modded IL2 46. If you are not interested in learning to operate the jet off a carrier, don't bother downloading it. A "successful" carrier landing is required for mission completion, in fact that's all that is required in most missions.

First a few Pics.

Ready to launch with two 1,000 lb bombs

One wire trap, which means I almost had the stern ramp for dinner on this landing

Houston, we may have a problem

About 1/4 second before I execute a HARD pullup

Flak

MAYDAY!, MAYDAY!

Descending thru the clouds heading home

The Campaign requires the following mods/addons:

Copy and Paste into your browser.

UltraPack 2.01
Code:
http://ultrapack.il2war.com/index.php/topic,1536.0.html?PHPSESSID=lollkl1s15hqo2f63fbee7clg2 

A1 Skyraider
Code:
http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,7057.0.html

Sikorsky HRS3 & H19D
Code:
http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,7862.0.html

See the sticky at the top of this forum for info on how to install these.

Mission4Today Download link

Please read and pay attention to the instructions in the readme's included in the package, as I have included some extra's.

I seem to have forgotten someone in the ReadMe's.

Thanks to Zargos_UF for the Skin I based mine on. yep

Have fun!

Last edited by Nixer; 09/24/10 07:19 PM.

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3099786 - 09/23/10 05:01 PM Re: MOD: The Forgotten War: An F9F Panther Campaign [Re: Nixer]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees

Last edited by Nixer; 09/23/10 09:00 PM.

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

Phineas Taylor Barnum

#3100170 - 09/24/10 02:08 AM Re: MOD: The Forgotten War: An F9F Panther Campaign [Re: Nixer]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
So....does it suck or what?

Censored

Phineas Taylor Barnum

#3100270 - 09/24/10 07:58 AM Re: MOD: The Forgotten War: An F9F Panther Campaign [Re: Nixer]  
Boelcke Offline
Boelcke  Offline

Düsseldorf Germany
looks cool Nixer - downloading now smile

thx a lot for your hard work

skins and campaigns by Boelcke:

http://www.axis-and-allies-paintworks.com
#3100276 - 09/24/10 08:22 AM Re: MOD: The Forgotten War: An F9F Panther Campaign [Re: Nixer]  
Brennus Offline
Urban Legend
Brennus  Offline
Urban Legend
Hotshot

Detroit, MI
I'll fire it up ASAP. I don't have much free time, but I'll definitely try to squeeze it in.

"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here."

- Jayne Cobb, "Firefly"
#3101267 - 09/25/10 09:01 PM Re: MOD: The Forgotten War: An F9F Panther Campaign [Re: Brennus]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
Man.... I swear that ever since I packed this final version up the flak got double deadlier.

Mission 7 is the raid on the Wonsan Refinery complex. It was always fairly hard...seems much worse now. The first thing on Target are two flights of F4U's with rockets on a flak suppression mission. Normally they do pretty good. When they hit the target the player is still quite a ways off and I have a static cam on target to watch the action. Hell, this time 2 Corsairs were hit before they even fired a shot.

Next come 3 flights totalling 11 AD4 Skyraiders with bombs and rockets, they are the real damage dealers (usually) on the mission.

Then the Players flight of 2 F9F's with Bombs and rockets comes streaking in to kill a ship. I missed completely with my bombs, made a second pass and killed it with rockets. Turned again for a gun run on another ship (getting greedy, big mistake on most of these missions) and I see a Transport on the runway at Wonsan AB. Took two passes to kill him but I got him.

What about that ship? It's still there, so greedy me turns into the target approaching from the North. WRONG!

Serious flak still active at the North end of the dock, a heavily armed junk and a concrete 37mm emplacement.

Well I would be going back to bombing and gunnery school....IF I was still alive. I got freakin Vaporized. pilot

Here's a track for those of you with the UP and addons. I am Panther #14: Bad Day in Wonsan

BTW we lost 7 out of 8 Cosairs, 8 out of 11 AD's and 2 out of 4 Panthers. I think I just lost the Korean War on one mission.

Censored

Phineas Taylor Barnum

#3101377 - 09/26/10 12:05 AM Re: MOD: The Forgotten War: An F9F Panther Campaign [Re: Nixer]  
Dervish Offline
Hotshot
Dervish  Offline
Hotshot

that boat got me too, hehe

FTX Global
#3101385 - 09/26/10 12:15 AM Re: MOD: The Forgotten War: An F9F Panther Campaign [Re: Nixer]  
Dervish Offline
Hotshot
Dervish  Offline
Hotshot

Nixer,

How do I use this:

[Mods]
CatapultBoost 1

FTX Global
#3101427 - 09/26/10 01:26 AM Re: MOD: The Forgotten War: An F9F Panther Campaign [Re: Dervish]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
Originally Posted By: Scylla
Nixer,

How do I use this:

[Mods]
CatapultBoost 1

You have to manually add it in the .mis file with notepad. It's already in the mission files in the campaign from like mission 6 onwards I believe.....except the Russian Bomber intercept. So you should be able to take-off with rockets and 2 500 lb'ers and 80% fuel no problem. Prolly 100%, just never tested it. Bad thing is, if you change ANYTHING in a mission in the FMB and save it, you have to manually re-insert it into the .mis file using notepad.

Just found a way over at SAS today to set the default speed of carrier's to an honest 30kts (70 kph). Once I test that out I'll pass it along.

Censored

Phineas Taylor Barnum

#3101435 - 09/26/10 01:38 AM Re: MOD: The Forgotten War: An F9F Panther Campaign [Re: Nixer]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
I am really happy with the response I have been getting from folks on this little endeavour. 150 downloads in a day at M4T for a multiple addon campaign ain't bad I guess.

Thinking about the next one, was gonna do the Marines in VMF-311 (John Glenn's and Ted William's Squadron) but also thinking about a Skyraider campaign. They haul LOTS of Stuff! Gonna fly it some and see how it feels.

Censored

Phineas Taylor Barnum

#3101467 - 09/26/10 02:54 AM Re: MOD: The Forgotten War: An F9F Panther Campaign [Re: Nixer]  
wheelsup_cavu Offline
Lifer
wheelsup_cavu  Offline
Lifer

Corona, California
Originally Posted By: Nixer
I am really happy with the response I have been getting from folks on this little endeavour. 150 downloads in a day at M4T for a multiple addon campaign ain't bad I guess.

Thinking about the next one, was gonna do the Marines in VMF-311 (John Glenn's and Ted William's Squadron) but also thinking about a Skyraider campaign. They haul LOTS of Stuff! Gonna fly it some and see how it feels.

Not bad at all. Some downloads don't ever hit that number.
Sounds like you picked the right plane and campaign idea.
Great job. thumbsup

Good luck with your next campaign. smile

Wheels

Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
#3101509 - 09/26/10 05:11 AM Re: MOD: The Forgotten War: An F9F Panther Campaign [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
and many thanks to you wheels for your insight and help man. yep

Great site and a great person!

Censored

Phineas Taylor Barnum

#3101778 - 09/26/10 06:19 PM Re: MOD: The Forgotten War: An F9F Panther Campaign [Re: Nixer]  
DoolittleRaider Offline
DoolittleRaider  Offline

Is there any similar Panther-Carrier Korea campaign which will work with a straight HSFX install? I do not have Ultrapack and for certain reasons I prefer not to go through another installation. I've noted that some other campaigns have been created so that they work in either HSFX or UP. (I am neither a MODder nor Campaign designer...just a casual offline player. So please bear with me if my request/question is inappropriate or foolish.)

#3101826 - 09/26/10 08:09 PM Re: MOD: The Forgotten War: An F9F Panther Campaign [Re: DoolittleRaider]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
I really don't know what I would have to do to make it work with HSFX. Sorry.

Censored

Phineas Taylor Barnum

#3101954 - 09/26/10 11:38 PM Re: MOD: The Forgotten War: An F9F Panther Campaign [Re: Nixer]  
DoolittleRaider Offline
DoolittleRaider  Offline

Another dumb question...Maybe i overlooked it, but what map does this require? I have these Korea map folders in my MODS/Maps folder:
3BG_KTO
3BG_KTO_Winter
CY6_North_Korea

While talking about these alternative maps, which is preferred and why?

#3102451 - 09/27/10 08:07 PM Re: MOD: The Forgotten War: An F9F Panther Campaign [Re: Nixer]  
Dervish Offline
Hotshot
Dervish  Offline
Hotshot

yep, an F86 campaign would be very cool

FTX Global
#3103235 - 09/28/10 09:07 PM Re: MOD: The Forgotten War: An F9F Panther Campaign [Re: DoolittleRaider]  
DoolittleRaider Offline
DoolittleRaider  Offline

Originally Posted By: DoolittleRaider
Is there any similar Panther-Carrier Korea campaign which will work with a straight HSFX install? I do not have Ultrapack and for certain reasons I prefer not to go through another installation. I've noted that some other campaigns have been created so that they work in either HSFX or UP. (I am neither a MODder nor Campaign designer...just a casual offline player. So please bear with me if my request/question is inappropriate or foolish.)

FYI:

I've installed and started the campaign and the first two missions work just fine with my HSFX 4.11 install.

Last edited by DoolittleRaider; 09/28/10 09:08 PM.
#3103770 - 09/29/10 05:48 PM Re: MOD: The Forgotten War: An F9F Panther Campaign [Re: DoolittleRaider]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
Nice to know. Let us know if the whole thing works. I "think" there may be a problem with the helo or the Skyraider, dunno for sure.

One of my beta testers couldn't finish beacuse of HSFX.

Censored

Phineas Taylor Barnum

#3104860 - 10/01/10 12:23 AM Re: MOD: The Forgotten War: An F9F Panther Campaign [Re: Nixer]  
DoolittleRaider Offline
DoolittleRaider  Offline

Originally Posted By: Nixer
Nice to know. Let us know if the whole thing works. I "think" there may be a problem with the helo or the Skyraider, dunno for sure.

One of my beta testers couldn't finish beacuse of HSFX.

Will check it out. No time right now to get back into teh campaign. I do think I saw a chopper flying near the carrier on the first or second mission.

#3105508 - 10/01/10 10:48 PM Re: MOD: The Forgotten War: An F9F Panther Campaign [Re: Nixer]  
DaveP63 Offline
DaveP63  Offline

Indiana, USA
While I don't have IL2/46 loaded up this moment, when I do re load it, this will be #1 on my list. Thanks for bringing my favorite jet to life!!!

i5-4460@3.2ghz, 16GB Ram, Gigabyte GTX1050Ti 4GB, 2TB HDD, 500GB SDD
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.