Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3105445 - 10/01/10 09:01 PM A no swearing voices update?????  
Pawgy Offline
Pawgy  Offline

Kent, Ohio USA
I know i will probably get kidded about this one but is there a "no swearing" sound mod avilable anyplace?. I just don't like hearing , #%&*$#, god damn , jeasus christ and the like all the time. especially when i play and my grandson is sitting on the floor next to me.

See,,, some of the things in the game i cannot even say on this forum,,which is fine.
Pawgy

Last edited by Pawgy; 10/02/10 03:44 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3105497 - 10/01/10 10:37 PM Re: A no swearing voices update????? [Re: Pawgy]  
wheelsup_cavu Offline
Lifer
wheelsup_cavu  Offline
Lifer

Corona, California
Makes perfect sense to me. There are some speechpacks at M4T you can check out.
http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&c=587
You should be able to listen to them with Window's Media player before you overwrite your existing speech pack and decide if they fit your needs.

Make a backup of any of the speech packs you are going to replace with the new ones just in case you want to replace them later.

Wheels

Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
#3105943 - 10/02/10 04:37 PM Re: A no swearing voices update????? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
Pawgy Offline
Pawgy  Offline

Kent, Ohio USA
Thanks Wheelsup. found one that is much better and put it in for all countrys by changing the headings.

Pawgy

Last edited by Pawgy; 10/02/10 04:37 PM.
#3105962 - 10/02/10 05:20 PM Re: A no swearing voices update????? [Re: Pawgy]  
djtpianoman Offline
Heir to the Monado
djtpianoman  Offline
Heir to the Monado

Just a note, if you have a bit of time you can go to samples/speech and delete the voice files yourself (takes a while though).
I got rid of swearing and made all countries have US voices this way.
Sounds like you got it handled though. smile

#3106058 - 10/02/10 09:45 PM Re: A no swearing voices update????? [Re: Pawgy]  
Tonester Offline
Tonester  Offline

Perth West Aust
Ive never understood why there was swearing to start with..a perfectly sane request in my book

Intel i7 9700KF  Processor 3.60 GHz - ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 ATX Motherboard - Win 10 Pro 64 bit - 32Gb G.Skill Sniper X 3600MHz DDR4 Ram - RTX2080 Super Dual OC 8Gb -  Crucial P1 NVMe M.2 1TB SSD - Samsung 860 QVO 7mm 2.5" 2TB SSD - TM Cougar - 2 x Saitek Quadrants - Saitek Yoke - Saitek Pedals - CH Quadrant - TrackIR 5.0 - Phillips 32” Monitor - HyperX 7.1 Headset - HP Reverb Pro
#3106114 - 10/02/10 11:46 PM Re: A no swearing voices update????? [Re: Tonester]  
Bumfluff Offline
Bumfluff  Offline

at the risk of sounding a bit combative, it is a air war simulator. and war is a horrible, dirty thing.
if you are willing to shoot somebody to pieces and send them to a terrible death in a blazing twisted heap of metal, surely somebody saying the word "bloody" should be the least of your concerns.

while i respect people's call for more restrained language in some circumstances (showing your grandkids the game is a good example - and i understand this), i would hate to see this thread morph into a wider call for a censoring or dumbing down of il2, or heavens forbid, storm of war.

#3106128 - 10/03/10 12:12 AM Re: A no swearing voices update????? [Re: Bumfluff]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
NoChatter=1 is your friend.

That simple, it grows really repetitive, with or without the swearing.

edit: screwed up

Last edited by Nixer; 10/04/10 08:22 PM.

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

#3106144 - 10/03/10 12:46 AM Re: A no swearing voices update????? [Re: Pawgy]  
JG7_ME262U1 Offline
JG7_ME262U1  Offline

KC MO
Well one of the swearing voices is when you fly out of formation or do not follow orders.
"We follow orders, son. We follow orders or people die. It's that simple"

AKA:
JG7_RudeRaptor
JG7_Sith
---------------------
I am of the opinion that with only 300 ME262 fighters we could have on any day shot down a minimum of 200 bombers. ~ ADOLF GALLAND ~
#3106176 - 10/03/10 02:03 AM Re: A no swearing voices update????? [Re: Bumfluff]  
I B Spectre Offline
I B Spectre  Offline

Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: nick10
at the risk of sounding a bit combative, it is a air war simulator. and war is a horrible, dirty thing.
if you are willing to shoot somebody to pieces and send them to a terrible death in a blazing twisted heap of metal, surely somebody saying the word "bloody" should be the least of your concerns.

while i respect people's call for more restrained language in some circumstances (showing your grandkids the game is a good example - and i understand this), i would hate to see this thread morph into a wider call for a censoring or dumbing down of il2, or heavens forbid, storm of war.

Sure it's a war simulator, but with emphasis on simulator. It's also a consumer game and I think it quite reasonable for there to be an option to sanitize the language. It's not about censorship, you can opt to keep the edgy language if you wish. As to "dumbing down of IL2", I don't understand. They're not asking to change the FM, the DM, the IA or any other aspect of gameplay. I fail to see how "adult language" enhances a game's ability to suspend disbelief and make a more convincing realistic experience. Give me a good flight model, a good damage model and decent IA. That's what makes a good air combat sim!

Last edited by I B Spectre; 10/03/10 02:04 AM.
#3106230 - 10/03/10 04:49 AM Re: A no swearing voices update????? [Re: Bumfluff]  
wheelsup_cavu Offline
Lifer
wheelsup_cavu  Offline
Lifer

Corona, California

There is a folder named RadioChatterDoc.zip with a file named Creating sound samples for PF.doc that tells you how the phrases work. Also in the RadioChatterDoc.zip folder is a script of all the phrases that actors 1 to 9 use and you can use those scripts to create your own speech pack. Make it as authentic as you want, just follow the rules that the script lays out and record the sounds in the correct format.

Quote:
The scripts provided are literal translations of the original scripts created for Russian and German speech in the original Il-2. They were designed to be transferable into multiple languages, but as the creators did not know every language in the world apparently this translation can be quite difficult considering how the files are created.

They were designed to save as much space by keeping many words and short sentences separate, and then combining these words into multiple sentences in the game engine.

Now to get the hud text that the game uses at the top of the screen to match your sound file changes you need to edit the files in the i18n folder.
All of this is able to be done with a standard install and no mods are necessary to change these files.
If you decide to edit them I would advise making a backup of the originals because invariably the first time you do it something will go wrong.

Wheels

Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
#3106268 - 10/03/10 09:35 AM Re: A no swearing voices update????? [Re: Bumfluff]  
Tonester Offline
Tonester  Offline

Perth West Aust

All i said was i didnt understand why it was needed, im not for..or against...quite frankly i couldnt give a flying 'proverbial'...i was just trying to put the original poster's mind at ease that it wasnt a dumb request...there's always one i guess

Last edited by TheTonester; 10/03/10 09:36 AM.

Intel i7 9700KF  Processor 3.60 GHz - ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 ATX Motherboard - Win 10 Pro 64 bit - 32Gb G.Skill Sniper X 3600MHz DDR4 Ram - RTX2080 Super Dual OC 8Gb -  Crucial P1 NVMe M.2 1TB SSD - Samsung 860 QVO 7mm 2.5" 2TB SSD - TM Cougar - 2 x Saitek Quadrants - Saitek Yoke - Saitek Pedals - CH Quadrant - TrackIR 5.0 - Phillips 32” Monitor - HyperX 7.1 Headset - HP Reverb Pro
#3106463 - 10/03/10 05:13 PM Re: A no swearing voices update????? [Re: Pawgy]  
rollnloop. Offline
rollnloop.  Offline

France
I'm not 100% sure, but i think that, as long as you don't try to kill anybody in the game, or don't go into a place where someone wants to kill you, there's no swearing involved, and this way grandson can learn to fly peacefully in the skies.

I'm pretty sure that i won't show my son the fighting side of IL2 when he gets my gaming rig, he'll be to happy to discover the guns and explosions and swearing by himself hahaha

#3107208 - 10/04/10 07:44 PM Re: A no swearing voices update????? [Re: Nixer]  
Pawgy Offline
Pawgy  Offline

Kent, Ohio USA
Originally Posted By: Nixer
radiochatter 0 is your friend.

That simple, it grows really repetitive, with or without the swearing.

Thnaks to all for some very good suggestions and for everyones comments..

Nixer. where do I find the radiochattter 0 to change my setting?. I looked thru the conf.ini but did not locate this heading under sounds.

Also i would like to mention that I would not like to see this become an issue and cause any undu censorship. Although I think there are a lot of video games out there that should be censured.

Regards
Pawgy.

#3107240 - 10/04/10 08:21 PM Re: A no swearing voices update????? [Re: Pawgy]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
My Bad...it's NoChatter

[game]
Arcade=0
HighGore=0
mapPadX=0.66944444
mapPadY=-0.046296295
viewSet=48
Intro=0
NoSubTitles=0
NoChatter=1
NoHudLog=0
NoLensFlare=0
iconTypes=3
eventlog=eventlog.lst
eventlogkeep=0
3dgunners=1

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.