cheers taipan & pepper
re the questions, pls see below:
1. We would also need to buy the new triple monitor adapter is that right?
Answer: the new triple mounts (ie the two side mounts) will only fit on the r3volution cockpit's monitor stand, as they are bolt on and the oZone cockpit does not have the flanges on it's main monitor mount. In order to use the r3v triple mount you will need to buy the whole r3v monitor stand (which will be available as an accessory) along with the r3v triple mounts.
2. Existing acrylic tabletop - will that fit on the new steering wheel mount? Or do we have to go with the articulating tabletops if we change our monitorstand?
Answer: Yes you could put the oZone acrylic on the r3v mount in the same way, or even better bolt it down to the r3v mount after drilling a some holes in your acrylic...would be an easy mod
3. I assume we can keep the existing joystick centre mount, and just bolt it a little closer to the chair
Answer: The oZone centre stick mounting post will bolt right up to the r3v, as will any of the oZone mounting posts.
4. With the new monitor stand - will it sit separate to the old seat, or do we need to bolt them together?
Answer: Yes the r3v monitor stand is completely separate from the r3v cockpit (ie stands on the floor). The r3v monitor stand is actually a stand and straddles the front of the r3v cockpit. The shape of the stand follows the lines of the r3v cockpit's front end. Since the oZone is smaller in width up front the r3v monitor stand will easily straddle it.....i actually use and oZone every day at my home in US but I use one of our early prototype r3v monitor stands with it.
5. When will the upgrade option (monitor stand only) be available at Simparts.co.nz?
Answer: Simparts (our NZ/AU distributor), should be receiving their first shipment of r3v's and more oZone's in a couple of weeks. We did not offer those other parts as accessories yet though so you will have to catch their next shipment for the r3v accessories. Not their fault, it's just that we only made a certain amount of full cockpits and did not plan for making the keyboard tray & monitor mounts as accessories at the time....sry
Hope that covers everything....just as a heads up the US distributor should be receiving their container of r3volution cockpits any day now. Thanks to anyone that pre-ordered, and just so you know we will have all our assembly vids up on YouTube or Youku.com (China youtube) by tonight. They should make it much easier for folks to get their cockpits up & running as quick as possible