This was pulled from another site, Frugals may have been the first source and I don't recall the original author. ~Panther
Took me quite a while to figure this out. In each campaign folder(e.g Korea):
save0.cam rolling fire
save1.cam iron fortress
save2.cam tiger spirit
I did it like this: Back up save0.cam and rename save0.cam to save0.tac. Open save0.tac with mission builder in tactical engagement. Add a squadron of EF2000 to Seoul AB(It was named the 1031 fighter squadron). Save and exit. Rename save0.tac to save0.cam and enter the campaign(New-Rolling fire-Seoul AB-1031FS). The campaign isn't running correctly right now, but I just exit and let the autosave function save the update. Then I replace the adjusted save0.cam by the original one. Re-enter the campaign(Saved-auto save), a redeployment message and a newsreport came up. I was redeployed to Sunwon AB, just south of seoul. And campaign engine was assigning my EF2000s BARCAP missions. 8 slammers and 2 Asraams! Yeah!
The complete procedure:
1. Backup the saveX.cam you want to edit.
2. Rename saveX.cam to saveX.tac
3. Fire up FalconAF.exe and open the saveX.tac in the TE editor.(Don't click on the CAMPAIGN button on the main UI or the game will CTD)
4. Make whatever changes you want to with the TE editor. But remember, we have to do all the editing in the TE Editor in ONE STEP, i.e., don't save the file and then try to come back to it later to edit more. (Thanks Napalmski and Sherlock)
5. Save the tac file and exit the game.
6. Rename SaveX.tac to SaveX.cam
7. Start the corresponding new campaign.(save0.cam: rolling fire; save1.cam: iron fortress; save2.cam tiger spirit)
8. Set the priorities. Don't click the start campaign button tho. Otherwise SAMs might not show up.(Thanks Sherlock ) Just exit and there will ba an autosave file. (Or manually save it at 09 00 00, it's the same).
9. Replace the edited saveX.cam with the original one. Overwrite it.
10. Re-enter the campaign from the campaign save file that has just been created in step 8. Done.
Don't forget Steps 8,9 and 10! They are essential for this to work.
The campaign save file doesn't save objects data so there will be quite a lot of mess up before the final step. However everything will be fine in the end.