Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#3053800 - 07/16/10 07:30 PM F4AF Skunkworks *****  
Demonlord Offline
Skunkworks Developer
Demonlord  Offline
Skunkworks Developer

Hello fellow F4 Allied Force players. I am here to inform you all of the latest release of the F4AF Modification SkunkWorks. This is a massive database modification for Falcon 4.0 Allied Force. It includes new munitions, models, skins, campaigns, hires effects.

The Skunkworks Mod. A full blown effort to unlock the full potential of AF by increasing landscape & object detail, adding new aircraft & weapons, upgrading payload capabilities, fixing a number of glitches regarding aircraft, correcting all aspects of realism & a whole slew of things that will do nothing but enhance the experience of what we love to do. To Fly.

This project is not an attempt to rewrite the code or to make a new variant of Falcon like OF or FF, but to bring AF to the glory that it should be.

The installer is really quite simple it installs just as would any aftermarket campaign.

Download:

http://downloads.ghost-works.org

Thanks and I hope everyone enjoys,

Demonlord

Last edited by Demonlord; 11/16/12 10:25 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3053819 - 07/16/10 07:58 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
SoBad Offline
SoBad  Offline

Georgia, USA
Has it been tested for any possible compatibility issues with multi-player?

Last edited by SoBad; 07/16/10 07:59 PM.

Hardware: AMD Quad-core 2.8Gh w/ 4Gb RAM, ATI-4550 w/ 1Gb RAM, Dual-monitor (37" 16:10, 24" 16:9), Saitek X52Pro HOTAS, TrackIR5
Software: Windows 7/64-bit, Falcon 4/AF 1.0.13, HiTiles, Aeyes 3D pits, Gunny Soundpak, Skunkworks AF-2012 Mod
User: Homo Sapien, version 3-score, bio-neural logic circuits with YAH (young-at-heart) overlay
#3053822 - 07/16/10 08:03 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: SoBad]  
Demonlord Offline
Skunkworks Developer
Demonlord  Offline
Skunkworks Developer

Yes we have done some pretty extensive testing via multiplayer and have not come across anything out of the standard Allied Force multiplayer quirks.

Cheers,

Demonlord

#3053832 - 07/16/10 08:14 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
SoBad Offline
SoBad  Offline

Georgia, USA
I didn't phrase my original question very well-- Is it multi-play compatible with others online players who are NOT using the mod???

Hardware: AMD Quad-core 2.8Gh w/ 4Gb RAM, ATI-4550 w/ 1Gb RAM, Dual-monitor (37" 16:10, 24" 16:9), Saitek X52Pro HOTAS, TrackIR5
Software: Windows 7/64-bit, Falcon 4/AF 1.0.13, HiTiles, Aeyes 3D pits, Gunny Soundpak, Skunkworks AF-2012 Mod
User: Homo Sapien, version 3-score, bio-neural logic circuits with YAH (young-at-heart) overlay
#3053836 - 07/16/10 08:16 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: SoBad]  
SoBad Offline
SoBad  Offline

Georgia, USA
Next question: If one has HiTiles installed, should it be UN-installed and the reinstalled after the mod???

#3053839 - 07/16/10 08:17 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: SoBad]  
Demonlord Offline
Skunkworks Developer
Demonlord  Offline
Skunkworks Developer

Ah copy that. No all players must have it installed. The way the mod works is by installing it as 2 theaters for Korea and Balkans. We did this so players can easily switch back to their default AF settings, by simply changing their battlefield selection. The Skunkworks Korea and Balkans have both been modified aswell so it extends just past the database.

Your Hi-Tiles will work without any modification. We have designed it for ease of use. =D

Last edited by Demonlord; 07/16/10 08:19 PM.
#3053845 - 07/16/10 08:24 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
I've tried this mod and all I can say is that you all have to have it to work in multiplayer. It's not a pain to install (haven't uninstalled yet so no comment there) and does seem to look cool. I can't say more than that due to limited time with it, but so far it's been painless.

- Ice
#3053852 - 07/16/10 08:31 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: - Ice]  
Demonlord Offline
Skunkworks Developer
Demonlord  Offline
Skunkworks Developer

Originally Posted By: - Ice
I've tried this mod and all I can say is that you all have to have it to work in multiplayer. It's not a pain to install (haven't uninstalled yet so no comment there) and does seem to look cool. I can't say more than that due to limited time with it, but so far it's been painless.

Haha good to see your still around Ice.

As far as uninstalling goes you just would simply delete the Skunkworks folder that is created in your Theaters folder.

I have based the format and installer on the guys at PMC's work. Much thanks to them for breaking ground on the installer.

#3053877 - 07/16/10 09:23 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: - Ice]  
Turkeydriver Offline
Turkeydriver  Offline

thanks downloading now.

#3053882 - 07/16/10 09:28 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Charlie901 Offline
Charlie901  Offline

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Originally Posted By: Demonlord
Hello fellow F4 Allied Force players. I am here to inform you all of the latest release of the F4AF Modification SkunkWorks. This is a massive database modification for Falcon 4.0 Allied Force. It includes new munitions, models, skins, campaigns, hires effects.

The Skunk Works Mod. A full blown effort to unlock the full potential of AF by increasing landscape & object detail, adding new aircraft & weapons, upgrading payload capabilities, fixing a number of glitches regarding aircraft, correcting all aspects of realism & a whole slew of things that will do nothing but enhance the experience of what we love to do. To Fly.

This project is not an attempt to rewrite the code or to make a new variant of Falcon like OF or FF, but to bring AF to the glory that it should be.

The installer is really quite simple it installs just as would any aftermarket campaign.

Download:

Mirror 1
Mirror 2
Mirror 3
Mirror 4

If you have any questions or just want to test fly with us, you can visit our forum at:
UK Falconeers

Demonlord

Got any screenshots?

and Can this mod be uninstalled without having to reinstall AF?

Thanks!

#3053904 - 07/16/10 09:59 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
BLuDKLoT Offline
VETERANS-GAMING
BLuDKLoT  Offline
VETERANS-GAMING

Hemet, CA
Downloading it now.

UPDATED:

Porked install, my 3D pit is gone except the Hud and MFDs, they just floating on the screen, but no pit. Anyone else get this or know how to fix?
Blud

Last edited by BLuDKLoT; 07/16/10 11:00 PM.
#3053941 - 07/16/10 11:08 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: BLuDKLoT]  
Demonlord Offline
Skunkworks Developer
Demonlord  Offline
Skunkworks Developer

Yeah Blud, you will need to emulate the install of your aftermarket pit within the structure of the theater.

Forgot about this quirk as it was designed with clean falcon installs in mind. I`ll see if I can get a write up for you on the solution. Most of the test team used the default pit in testing but I can see why most normal pilots use the better aftermarket products.

Will advise asap.

Cheers,

Demon

Last edited by Demonlord; 07/16/10 11:10 PM.
#3053944 - 07/16/10 11:14 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
BLuDKLoT Offline
VETERANS-GAMING
BLuDKLoT  Offline
VETERANS-GAMING

Hemet, CA
ok standing by.

#3053961 - 07/16/10 11:42 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: BLuDKLoT]  
Demonlord Offline
Skunkworks Developer
Demonlord  Offline
Skunkworks Developer

Originally Posted By: BLuDKLoT
ok standing by.

In the meantime you could test it with you default AF pit. copter

#3054002 - 07/17/10 12:40 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
ashoob Offline
ashoob  Offline

A new mod sounds awesome! Can anyone give a detailed list on what it adds and all that? Will it work for existing campaigns in progress? I can't seem to find anything about it besides that it exists.

Nonetheless, Awesome!

#3054044 - 07/17/10 01:59 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: ashoob]  
Demonlord Offline
Skunkworks Developer
Demonlord  Offline
Skunkworks Developer

Originally Posted By: ashoob
A new mod sounds awesome! Can anyone give a detailed list on what it adds and all that? Will it work for existing campaigns in progress? I can't seem to find anything about it besides that it exists.

Nonetheless, Awesome!

Well unfortunately my development partner deleted the changelog but I can give you some general information.

Quote:
A lot of the changes are behind the scenes. Things like accurate aircraft Hit Points, realistic airframe data, & loadouts. Also several aircraft have been upgraded to the newest known real world aircraft variants. The Mod uses the existing UI and existing Korea 2010 map (Unit and squadron placement has been reworked from scratch).

Starting the custom SW Korea campaign works out different then what your use to. Load the SW battlefield and load the saved file "Use_This_One" (file name may be slightly different). Upon selecting the save file you will notice the map is filled with carriers. This is an odd glitch that appeared, but does not affect anything in the campaign itself.

The biggest difference that you will notice is that DPRK has a formidable force. Clearly not an "easy mode" campaign.

#3054173 - 07/17/10 09:31 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Haha good to see your still around Ice.

What's that supposed to mean? smile

- Ice
#3054316 - 07/17/10 03:56 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: - Ice]  
Turkeydriver Offline
Turkeydriver  Offline

Mod is great so far- love the improved textures of weapons and the availability to drop JDAM again-even if it is targetted like a Mav.

One incredibly annoying thing is the apparent disregard to aircraft skin realism. The F-16 Block 40 and Typhoon at least have unrealistic skins that seem to be somthing out of Ace Combat or something. Is there a way to change these back and offer an install option to add them or not? I love the Luftwaffe Typhoon texture-looks great.

#3054339 - 07/17/10 04:21 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Turkeydriver]  
Demonlord Offline
Skunkworks Developer
Demonlord  Offline
Skunkworks Developer

Not at the moment tomcat but this is something that could very well be put into the next release.

Cheers.

#3054438 - 07/17/10 06:10 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Ed_1 Offline
Ed_1  Offline

NYC, USA
hi

Might be good idea to show/list what you changed on realism (hitpoint stuff ) So others can see where you are coming from . Few examples with results against stock AF .

I am always curious how other mods/groups approach data to realism .

#3054455 - 07/17/10 06:31 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Ed_1]  
Pilgrim Offline
Pilgrim  Offline

I have Aeyes pits installed. If I change Setup/Graphics/Cockpit Selection to Default, will this work? I don't want to have to re-install. I have a bunch of skins, terrain and other stuff added.

#3054457 - 07/17/10 06:32 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Pilgrim]  
Demonlord Offline
Skunkworks Developer
Demonlord  Offline
Skunkworks Developer

Originally Posted By: Pilgrim
I have Aeyes pits installed. If I change Setup/Graphics/Cockpit Selection to Default, will this work? I don't want to have to re-install. I have a bunch of skins, terrain and other stuff added.

Copy that Pilgrim. It should work no problem with the default pit.

#3054497 - 07/17/10 07:20 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Pilgrim Offline
Pilgrim  Offline

Thanks. I'm Backing up my install now. I'll test it out when that's done.

#3054500 - 07/17/10 07:28 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Wolfman Offline
Wolfman  Offline

How to get the Aeyes Pits to work with this mod:

Make a new folder on your desktop,call it Backups
Go to C: /program/Lead Pursuit/Battlefield/Operations/terrdata/objects
Copy the 3 files:KoreaObj.hdr KoreaObj.lod KoreaObj.tex
Paste these 3 files into the Backups Folder on your Desktop.

Then copy the same 3 Files from the folder C: /program/Lead Pursuit/Battlefield/Operations/Theatres/Skunkworks/Objects to the folder C: /program/Lead Pursuit/Battlefield/Operations/terrdata/objects
overwrite all when asked.

Now install the Aeyes pits again,run the exe`s and select Uninstall (No Reinstall or Update! )
Then fully install them back again,update once installed.

Now copy the 3 Koreaobj* Files from the Folder
C: /program/Lead Pursuit/Battlefield/Operations/terrdata/objects
again back into the directory
C: /program/Lead Pursuit/Battlefield/Operations/Theatres/Skunkworks/Objects
over write if asked
Now take the original backups from the folder on your Desktop and place them back into

Now the Aeyes Pits will work!
Make sure you click on the 2D Map and select a base before committing,if I didn`t do this my install would crash to Desktop.
Thanks to SkunkWorks for a great Mod,my only suggestion would be a more detailed Document,but nice work guys!

#3054584 - 07/17/10 10:02 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Wolfman]  
Cupra Offline
Cupra  Offline

Switzerland (Europe)
A really wonderful mod. Thanks a lot to the guys who did that job. But I have one question. If you read the Debrief-File, the country ist named XX . In Falcon 4.0 AF stands there U.S. or ROK.

For example:

Quote:

Mission Type: Training
Flight Callsign: Bronco1
1 Ship Flight
Ac type: F-16C-50 CCIP

FLIGHT EVENTS
Event Testdummy joined as Bronco11 at 10:26:00
Event Testdummy exited from Bronco11 at 10:26:11

Why is that and would it be possibel to fix it?

EDIT: I testet it on Balkans too. No problem. Only if you play on the blue party in Korea 2012... Would be great it this little mistake could be rfemoved, so that we can use the debriefing files for our online logbook too.

Last edited by Cupra; 07/17/10 10:18 PM.
#3054630 - 07/17/10 11:20 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Cupra]  
Demonlord Offline
Skunkworks Developer
Demonlord  Offline
Skunkworks Developer

Yeah thanks for that Cupra i'll make sure to get to it in the next release. Also Wolf thanks a million for your fix bud!

Last edited by Demonlord; 07/17/10 11:37 PM.
#3054694 - 07/18/10 01:06 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Ed_1]  
Boomer Offline
(v) Viper Driver
Boomer  Offline
(v) Viper Driver

Is the 3d pit improved?

Or does my altimiter still say 12000 feet???

"Learning to fly the Falcon is just your ticket to the dance" - Pete 'Boomer' Bonanni.
#3054870 - 07/18/10 01:25 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Charlie901]  
Skunk1_Viking Offline
Skunkworks Developer & PR
Skunk1_Viking  Offline

Anchorage, Alaska
After closed testing of this Mod, several things needed to be cleaned up. During the process the original change log got deleted and was not recoverable. Below is the basic change-log constructed from memory. Specific details and information are too vast to remember, but this covers most of it & should give you a good idea of what Skunkworks is.

v1.2 Change-Log
-2 new battlefields, "Korea 2012" & "Balkans 2012"
-Recalculated all ACFT 'To hit' stats
-New skins for most weapons and aircraft
-New models for most weapons and aircraft
-Improved air-defense, pilot skill, ground force AI
-Upgraded several ACFT to newest known real world variant
-Added new ACFT
-Added new weapons
-Updated ACFT loadouts to better reflect real world capabilities
-Enabled nuclear weapons (blue & red side) (1 in 100 chance of resupplying nukes)
-Recalculated weapon data to better reflect real world capabilities (range, speed, damage ect)
-Added independent Submarine fleets with nuclear capability (no longer tied to carrier fleet)
-Added AWACs to red side
-Enabled FULL stealth to F-22 & other stealth based ACFT
-Updated basic airframe data to reflect real world ACFT
-Fixed B-2 flight characteristics; it is now flyable
-Fixed A-10 & F-117 FCR & AGR; now completely usable
-Added all of the FLT callsigns to be usable by all ACFT
Note: These may not be ALL of the changes as I'm solely going off of memory.

The Story:
Korea 2012 follows the story of the DPRK sinking a ROK ship. This eventually led up to an all-out war. At the start of the campaign the DPRK and US are at war. Japan is allied with the blue and acts as support. China & Russia are also in the picture and have taken up a defensive stance. They will declare war on whoever poses a threat to them, this makes it dynamic.

US: Being the worlds utmost authority in air superiority, they have the most air power. Because they rely on this, the US dropped the ball with ground power, ranking 3rd.
DPRK: Years of stockpiling gives the DPRK a force to be reckoned with. 2nd in air power, 2nd in ground power
Russia: Cold War paranoia brings Russia to being a leader in air defense. Russian skies are a death trap, but this leaves little room for their Air and Ground forces.
China: Home of the million man army. Has the highest concentration of ground forces but little air power.

Notes:
The Skunkworks Mod is not a reworking of the source code. The code has not been manipulated or changed in any way. The Mod is contained within its own battlefields and will not affect the existing installation. The purpose of the project is to breath new life into Allied Force & to make it a viable option vs 'Open Falcon' and 'Free Falcon'. There are no new 2D or 3D pits because that data is encrypted and hasn't been Fully cracked as of yet (although the rumor is that Pegasus is close to working it out). Aeyes pits will initially glitch, but there is a known fix. The mod is compatible with HiTiles, re-installation is not needed.
Do not take this mod like you would take OF or FF, it is not that. This mod is simply an Enhancement to AF.
This Mod is still a work in progress. Things currently on the 'To-Do' list are items such as updating the TacRef, adding skins to models with no skins, & working out bugs.

We appreciate the warm reception of the Mod and we at Skunk1 Industries look forward to your continued support.

Special Thanks to Rebel, Coco, A-Hip, Bandit, Brutus & the rest of the crew at the 801st TFW for contributions, input, & testing.
See you all at Angels 20.
The Skunkworks Team,
Demonlord, Viking, Mercury

#3054873 - 07/18/10 01:33 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Boomer]  
Skunk1_Viking Offline
Skunk1_Viking  Offline

Anchorage, Alaska
Originally Posted By: Helo_Head
Is the 3d pit improved?

Or does my altimiter still say 12000 feet???

No change.

#3055001 - 07/18/10 06:12 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Ed_1]  
BLuDKLoT Offline
VETERANS-GAMING
BLuDKLoT  Offline
VETERANS-GAMING

Hemet, CA
Hi guys,

VG is now hosting the Skunkworks Mod on our Dedicated AF Server (Korea 2012) IP: 217.146.93.114

Our TS3: veterans-gaming.com:9987

It's public and anyone can fly there.

Blud

#3055131 - 07/18/10 10:06 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
jack72 Offline
jack72  Offline

Toronto
I would like to know more about who is putting this modification out.

Is this an official upgrade from Lead Pursuit. I am only asking so that I know what I can expect. I am not opposed to addons and user made modificiations, but this can cause issues later if there is an offical upgrade or patch from the developers (i.e. lead pursuit).

Is Skunkworks part of Lead Pursuit development team that is upgrading or are you guys just people that are trying to add nicer content without the official mandate from LP.

Just curious....no intention of law suit. wave

- I know those voices in my head are not real, but man they have some good ideas.

- I never killed anyone, but I have read a large number of obituaries with great satisfaction.

- If I cannot make it to your funeral, I will certainly send a message indicating my approval.

- Most of my Friends are Imaginary

- Time is money, so I decided to sell my watch.
#3055154 - 07/18/10 10:32 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: jack72]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

No, this is a 3rd Party mod.

And with the dearth of LP updates (heck, they haven't even updated their WEBSITE, how hard could that be?), I don't think there's anything to worry about.

- Ice
#3055167 - 07/18/10 11:03 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: - Ice]  
Skunk1_Viking Offline
Skunk1_Viking  Offline

Anchorage, Alaska
Jack, -Ice is right. Skunkworks is not affiliated with LP by any means.
You also shouldn't worry about an update issue. Its more or less known that the 'latest' patch was the last patch.

Originally Posted By: Ed_1
Might be good idea to show/list what you changed on realism (hitpoint stuff ) So others can see where you are coming from . Few examples with results against stock AF .

I am always curious how other mods/groups approach data to realism.

Well we gathered as much info about an ACFT a we could via online sources, things like general performance data, airframe data, engine data, material thickness, & typical 'red side' equivalent. We also watched countless hours of videos that generally discussed ACFT comparisons and generally had long drawn out discussions about "who would win in a dog-fight" (assuming pilots were clones).
A good example would be the A-10. There are not as many birds that can take abuse like an A-10. And how about that F-15 that landed with one wing? That has to say something about potential survivability. So you can see where we tried to approach it from. Also the return of the BFops.cfg file brought the 'realism factor' back up some. A few things included in that is the 3D sound, over-G will cause damage, some MFD 'bugging' change, etc.

#3055187 - 07/18/10 11:39 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Skunk1_Viking]  
jack72 Offline
jack72  Offline

Toronto
OK..thanks...just wanted to know...

I am going to install soon....just wondering as I am still confucused....confusced...confused...

Since the only modification I have made is the LP patch, added a sound modification and the HItiles...do I need to reinstall or can I just install over everything including Hitiles.

- I know those voices in my head are not real, but man they have some good ideas.

- I never killed anyone, but I have read a large number of obituaries with great satisfaction.

- If I cannot make it to your funeral, I will certainly send a message indicating my approval.

- Most of my Friends are Imaginary

- Time is money, so I decided to sell my watch.
#3055195 - 07/18/10 11:57 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: jack72]  
Skunk1_Viking Offline
Skunk1_Viking  Offline

Anchorage, Alaska
If you have HiTiles installed for Korea and the Balkans already then you dont need to do anything, it'll work fine.
Your sound pack will not be affected either.
The Skunkworks mod is isolated and contained within itself. It will not affect your default AF install at all, its simply adding 2 battlefields, these battlefields contain the mod.

#3055198 - 07/19/10 12:04 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Skunk1_Viking]  
Skunk1_Viking Offline
Skunk1_Viking  Offline

Anchorage, Alaska
sorry about the size and resolution, a little small due to me uploading these to facebook. It resized them.

The loadout for the F-22 during modding; v0.2 (may be slightly different than v1.2)

The new loadout for the F-16. I do believe this is v1.2.

#3055314 - 07/19/10 07:03 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Turkeydriver]  
Skunk1_Viking Offline
Skunk1_Viking  Offline

Anchorage, Alaska
Originally Posted By: tomcat211
...One incredibly annoying thing is the apparent disregard to aircraft skin realism. The F-16 Block 40 and Typhoon at least have unrealistic skins that seem to be somthing out of Ace Combat or something.

You think those are bad? lol, check out the harrier, hahah

No, seriously though. The resolution and quality of skins will improve as new patches are released. This is the first release to the public to get a general idea of how well it would do in a community dominated by OF and FF. Be patient my friend, skin improvements will come in time.

#3055315 - 07/19/10 07:06 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Skunk1_Viking]  
Zaphael Offline
Zaphael  Offline

That v1.2 viper is gonna have its wings break off...

The modification looks interesting. Hope you guys can put up some youtube videos or screenshots of what you'all have done. Might consider getting your next release once the Aeyes pit issues and other stuff have been resolved!

Looking Forward to it!

#3055336 - 07/19/10 09:15 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Zaphael]  
Skunk1_Viking Offline
Skunk1_Viking  Offline

Anchorage, Alaska
Originally Posted By: Zaphael
The modification looks interesting. Hope you guys can put up some youtube videos or screenshots of what you'all have done. Might consider getting your next release once the Aeyes pit issues and other stuff have been resolved!

The Aeyes pit fix will take less than 3 mins of your time to do. Just read the instructions carefully. Pretty easy stuff. The pit bug is the exact same one found in the Israeli theater from PMC, and its the same work-around.

As for screens and vidz..Well that would be kind of hard since most of the changes are behind the scenes and spans too many different areas.
Wouldn't hurt to give it a try since it does not overwrite any files in your Falcon install and can be removed by simply pressing the delete key.

#3055355 - 07/19/10 11:08 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Skunk1_Viking]  
Deathblow Offline
Deathblow  Offline

Downloading Now- Thanks!

I have a couple of questions about this work.

1. Although it says that no original files will be over-writed, is this the case for all aspects, skins included?

2. Is there any chance we could get a look at the complete list of modifications- I'm very eager to see what's new!

Really awesome to see this work- you guys have given F4AF a new lease of life me thinks!

#3055358 - 07/19/10 11:20 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Deathblow]  
Deathblow Offline
Deathblow  Offline

When I try to install I get the error message:

No Appropriate Registry Found

Any ideas on how to get around this?

Cheers, Deathblow

#3055370 - 07/19/10 12:03 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Deathblow]  
Skunk1_Viking Offline
Skunk1_Viking  Offline

Anchorage, Alaska
A "complete" list of changes cannot be posted. The original change-log was accidentally deleted in the past. If you scroll up some you will see a general list of changes.
And yes, you will not lose any skins you have installed previously. This mod is completely self contained in its own battlefield and will not affect any other theaters, battlefields, skins, sound packs, etc.

As for your registry problem. Be sure that the installer is pointing towards your falcon directory.

#3055388 - 07/19/10 12:43 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Skunk1_Viking]  
Deathblow Offline
Deathblow  Offline

How do I choose where the installer points? After clicking that I agree the only option is to install at which point I get the error message.

#3055418 - 07/19/10 01:36 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Deathblow]  
Skunk1_Viking Offline
Skunk1_Viking  Offline

Anchorage, Alaska
Sounds like it can't find your install. Its searching your registry for the location of your falcon install. I would suggest you cleanup your registry. "CCleaner" is a free program that works wonders with registry errors.

Your the first one to report this problem, I suspect that it is on your end.

#3055435 - 07/19/10 01:59 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Skunk1_Viking]  
Deathblow Offline
Deathblow  Offline

Yeah I know its a problem my end.

Basically my LP folder isn't present in my registry- when I get that fixed I'll be able to install and have some fun with this mod. Tried CCleaner but obviously I don't think it was able to stick the LP folder in the registry.

Cheers

#3055462 - 07/19/10 02:47 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Deathblow]  
Zaphael Offline
Zaphael  Offline

Well, I got around to flying and testing it. I like it that "new" weapons are introduced though I'm sure they don't all work like mavericks. I couldn't see any differences between the C5 and C7 version of the AMRAAM. They seem to fly out at the same speed while showing me the same WEZ and NEZ.

The ALQ-184 doesn't seem to work well either. Maybe I'm using it wrong? It took the Su-27SM a longer to burnthru my 131 than my 184...

I think it maybe good to release some kinda manual or write up on how some of the new weapons and changes are meant to be used. Much appreciated! =)

#3055622 - 07/19/10 07:27 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Zaphael]  
Schwalbe Offline
Schwalbe  Offline

There was a C7 with much longer range in the early AF versions. Post 1.06 the C7 was tuned down a bit.

#3055647 - 07/19/10 08:13 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Schwalbe]  
Zaphael Offline
Zaphael  Offline

I see. How unfortunate that they tuned it down to be almost identical. By the way, did you all notice that the JASSMs have a tendency to fly to outer space? I had one of them accelerate up to 2000kts and climb to like 200,000ft.

#3055666 - 07/19/10 08:31 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Schwalbe]  
Ed_1 Offline
Ed_1  Offline

NYC, USA
There a reason that 40+ nm missiles were not included . The C7 was in beta form. i don't remember turning down its performance (AFAIK it can do 55+ miles with right launch alt/speed).

What was lowered a bit was range table a bit but that only affects WEZ and max range shown in hud
.Even here there a vast performance difference between each missile version , you can't see speed change but each has its own performance profile .

Last edited by Ed_1; 07/19/10 10:54 PM.
#3055725 - 07/19/10 10:11 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Ed_1]  
Wolfman Offline
Wolfman  Offline

BLuDKLoT
When we tested Teamspeak3 the whisper to channel family setting did not work,has this been fixed do you know,

Thanks,
Wolf

#3055764 - 07/19/10 11:14 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Zaphael]  
Skunk1_Viking Offline
Skunk1_Viking  Offline

Anchorage, Alaska
I couldn't see any differences between the C5 and C7 version of the AMRAAM. They seem to fly out at the same speed while showing me the same WEZ and NEZ.

Skunkworks comprehensive comparison
-------------C-5 vs C-7
Weight: 355lbs vs 335lbs
Damage: 80hp vs 80hp
Blast Radius: 90ft vs 90ft
MAX Range: 80nm vs 110nm (Divide by 2 for typical range)
Drag: Factor 4 vs 4
Max Alt.: 100,000ft vs 100,000ft
Below is radar data
RWR Gain: 0.85 vs 0.85
BeamWidth: 0.0785 vs 0.0785
Look Dwn Rng: 0.7 vs 0.7
Beam Dist: 0.8 vs 0.8
Azimuth: 0.959 vs 0.698
SweepTime: 0.209 vs 0.209
LockTime: 3000ms vs 3000ms
ECM Range: 1.1 vs 1.1

What does this data tell you? First, it is clear that the C-5 and C-7 have the same warhead and apparently the same guidance system with an azimuth tweak (C-7 band is more narrow). So whats different? I would say the C-7's propulsion system, & possibly the solid state fuel being used...& obviously the housing. Def a lighter housing made of a different materials.
Both of these belong to the AIM-120 family so you cannot expect them to act wildly different. The differences are subtle, but do make a difference.

The ALQ-184 doesn't seem to work well either. Maybe I'm using it wrong? It took the Su-27SM a longer to burnthru my 131 than my 184...

Maybe the Su-27SM got some special upgrades? Changes weren't only made to the F-16s, or blue side for that matter..but across the board. There is more at work then you know, and I am not going to explain every detail. You saw how long it took to explain ONE weapon. I regret we lost the original change log and we are doing our best to compensate for it.

#3055797 - 07/20/10 12:03 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Skunk1_Viking]  
Ed_1 Offline
Ed_1  Offline

NYC, USA
FWIW .The seaker radar range on C7 was upgraded which affects ECCM and seeker upgrades .

#3055926 - 07/20/10 03:50 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Ed_1]  
Skunk1_Viking Offline
Skunk1_Viking  Offline

Anchorage, Alaska
Note to Admins:
Requesting Sticky please.

Note to Members:
Updates are on the way, please be patient. This is the first version post beta. Not everything is perfect. This is v1.2. OF is nearing 4.8, and FF is at 5.51. That should give you an idea on the improvements that still need to be made. I suppose one could suggest we rushed it out.

We at Skunk1 thank you all for your comments and input, and are eager to hear more.

#3056112 - 07/20/10 02:08 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Skunk1_Viking]  
Ed_1 Offline
Ed_1  Offline

NYC, USA
This is a good time to bring up some of changes that went into AF missiles since some question arise from time to time . first here a brief summary of aim120 family

"The major new feature of the basic AIM-120C (P3I Phase 1) are the clipped wings and fins. Although this feature was introduced to allow carriage in the internal weapons bays of the F/A-22 Raptor, the -120C can also be used from other AMRAAM-capable aircraft. The guidance unit of the AIM-120C is upgraded to WGU-44/B standard. The first P3I Phase 2 missile is the AIM-120C-4 (first delivered in 1999), which has an improved WDU-41/B warhead. The AIM-120C-5 is a C-4 with a slightly larger motor in the new WPU-16/B propulsion section and a new shorter WCU-28/B control section with compressed electronics and ECCM upgrades. Deliveries of the AIM-120C-5 began in July 2000. It was followed on the production line by the AIM-120C-6, which features an updated TDD (Target Detection Device). The AIM-120C-7 (P3I Phase 3), development of which has begun in 1998, incorporates improved ECCM with jamming detection, an upgraded seeker, and longer range.
The AIM-120D (P3I Phase 4, formerly known as AIM-120C-8) is a development of the AIM-120C with a two-way data link, more accurate navigation using a GPS-enhanced IMU, an expanded no-escape envelope, improved HOBS (High-Angle Off-Boresight) capability, and a 50% increase in range."

So in AF we modeled most of the features and differences of each version . there are differences in weight (body/frame) fuel , thrust/aero table performance , jamming, and seeker data. Basically whatever we could do within the confines of the sim and available data .

This brings up another issue with weights and fuel . In past versions the weights , fuel weight, thrust to fuel weight were all off which was throwing off kinematics of missile flight . What this meant was the total weight of missile was off and weight of missile with fuel burned off was wrong and didn't match when thrust went to 0 !! .

This took a lot of debug logs to find this and why its hard to tell what missile performs from within the sim without debugging . Anyway this had to be corrected in 99% of all missiles in database and each needed reviewing after for any extra work needed . This took over course of 2 yrs to get done .

here some quick test run on aim120b, C4, C5 and C7 . all fired at same speed and alt , target 0 aspect .
launch data , speed 0.95 mach , alt = 42k , target drone speed 0.95 ,alt 35k .
max range for each
Aim120 B and C4 (both came real close) 44nm .
aim120C5 52nm
aim120C7 63nm
The C7 still had highest terminal speed at target .all were above 900 at target.

When it come to missile performance altitude means everything ,the above test run in that example if you fire from lower altitudes the range goes down pretty drastic , higher altitude better results as far as range goes and terminal speed .

Last edited by Ed_1; 07/20/10 02:14 PM.
#3056168 - 07/20/10 03:19 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Ed_1]  
xIGuNDoCIx Offline
xIGuNDoCIx  Offline

Anyone know if there is a problem with the Stopworks pits like there is with Aeyes? If so does the same workaround "work"?

#3056201 - 07/20/10 03:56 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: xIGuNDoCIx]  
Zaphael Offline
Zaphael  Offline

Hi SW_Viking and Ed_1,

Thanks for your replies. SW_Viking, I hope you don't mind my candid questions. I'm really not trying to criticize your modifications. In fact, I'm looking forward to the new releases as you guys continue.

I understand that the C5 and C7 differences can be subtle. As both of you have pointed out, there are range differences. I loaded the B, C5 and C7, and hard locked and looked at the WEZ of each of the weapons when called up. I saw differences between the B and the C5, but no detectable change in the shape of the WEZ or NEZ in the C5 and C7. So, could it be that the WEZ and NEZ shapes are not reflected in game(or HUD) though the sim-engine might still affect the missiles performance?

I'm very interested in this as I usually shoot my AMRAAMs based on the "confidence" as reflected by the WEZ and NEZ indications (as well as the ASE cue). If the C7's gonna perform better than the WEZ says its gonna, then I gonna try shooting the sucker in front of the WEZ. Vital when trading Fox 3s with Flankers. ;-)

#3056222 - 07/20/10 04:25 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Zaphael]  
Ed_1 Offline
Ed_1  Offline

NYC, USA
Hi SW_Viking and Ed_1,

Thanks for your replies. SW_Viking, I hope you don't mind my candid questions. I'm really not trying to criticize your modifications. In fact, I'm looking forward to the new releases as you guys continue.

I understand that the C5 and C7 differences can be subtle. As both of you have pointed out, there are range differences. I loaded the B, C5 and C7, and hard locked and looked at the WEZ of each of the weapons when called up. I saw differences between the B and the C5, but no detectable change in the shape of the WEZ or NEZ in the C5 and C7. So, could it be that the WEZ and NEZ shapes are not reflected in game(or HUD) though the sim-engine might still affect the missiles performance?

I'm very interested in this as I usually shoot my AMRAAMs based on the "confidence" as reflected by the WEZ and NEZ indications (as well as the ASE cue). If the C7's gonna perform better than the WEZ says its gonna, then I gonna try shooting the sucker in front of the WEZ. Vital when trading Fox 3s with Flankers. ;-)

You should see longer hud ranges in DLZ with C7 than C5 , it depends on altitude/aspect angles but across the board C7 is more than C5 .
The largest ranges will be at higher altitude at 0 aspect (target hot) .
The weapon range table is adjusted to give good no escape range too so there many aspects that come into play here, along with bubble issues with long range missiles but yes the missile will probably beat the DLZ . The hud ranges/DLZ is just a approximation of missile performance its not 100% all the time .the missile performance has no direct bearing on the weapon range table that makes up the DLZ data (meaning they are two separate things), the DLZ just is a approximate or the missile performance .

Also my above range test results were on a non maneuvering aircraft (drone) . Don't expect this to work on AI with RWR that can detect active aim120 .
One other thing i will mention just to be sure its known . The DLZ will change its range depending on target aspect/speed and altitude .

You might have good DLZ on a target but after flight the target changed aspect to 180 (running), this makes DLZ show shorter ranges, thats why its "Dynamic" launch zone .

Last edited by Ed_1; 07/20/10 05:00 PM.
#3056266 - 07/20/10 05:01 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Ed_1]  
Zaphael Offline
Zaphael  Offline

Hmmm I couldn't load any drones. So I bugged a friendly F-4 flying a 60mile CAP pattern instead. I did both a beak to beak and a beak to tail comparison. Didn't see any differences between the C5 and C7 in both occasions.

#3056303 - 07/20/10 05:39 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Charlie901]  
T Rex Offline
T Rex  Offline

Is there a readme or manual that we can read without downloading the entire package? smile

--------------
Sic semper tyrannosauro.
#3056350 - 07/20/10 06:12 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Zaphael]  
Ed_1 Offline
Ed_1  Offline

NYC, USA
Hmmm I couldn't load any drones. So I bugged a friendly F-4 flying a 60mile CAP pattern instead. I did both a beak to beak and a beak to tail comparison. Didn't see any differences between the C5 and C7 in both occasions.

There are no drones in retail AF (that was a test I did with debug ).
Your not going to be able to tell like that , firing on friendly .
Only way for you to test would be in dog fight module find a friend to be target and you fire a various ranges with each missile (him just flying straight an level) .

The C7 has more terminal speed than all other aim120 missiles , its kinematic performance is best of all aim120 family .

Last edited by Ed_1; 07/20/10 06:24 PM.
#3056496 - 07/20/10 09:27 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Ed_1]  
Skunk1_Viking Offline
Skunk1_Viking  Offline

Anchorage, Alaska
Thanks for breaking it down Ed.

#3056955 - 07/21/10 03:11 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Skunk1_Viking]  
Zaphael Offline
Zaphael  Offline

Thanks for the advice Ed_1. Will arrange some time with the squadron to test that out. Need to convince someone to install the mod first. =D

I assume that another pilot in a block 52 CCIP should be sufficient to act as a drone?

#3056969 - 07/21/10 03:22 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Zaphael]  
Skunk1_Viking Offline
Skunk1_Viking  Offline

Anchorage, Alaska
A drone is an aircraft that will fly straight and narrow at a constant speed and altitude regardless of the situation. It does not react. You wont be able to achieve that in the retail version of AF unless that drone is your buddy.

Last edited by SW_Viking; 07/21/10 03:56 PM. Reason: clarifed
#3056975 - 07/21/10 03:28 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Zaphael]  
Ed_1 Offline
Ed_1  Offline

NYC, USA
Thanks for the advice Ed_1. Will arrange some time with the squadron to test that out. Need to convince someone to install the mod first. =D

I assume that another pilot in a block 52 CCIP should be sufficient to act as a drone?

Yes, that will work , only issue you get with F16 is time/struggle for it to get up to that speed/altitude in my test .
My test was not a in game performance test with respect to guidance/kill %. It was pure flight model performance .

To give you idea, when we did online tests with F16, we tested if my memory is good around 30-35k alt (I don't recall exact speeds for shooter/target). but the results were around 35-36 for lower versions, the C5 was better than 120b and C4 . In max range the scale went like this from short to long aim120C4 , aim120B, aim120C5. we never officially tested with beta tester the C7 .
So you can see my test might be slightly more than you can reproduce but that will be across all versions, so % wise should be there .

#3057006 - 07/21/10 04:14 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Ed_1]  
Schwalbe Offline
Schwalbe  Offline

Hey Ed, I just looked, there's indeed a longer range C7 version in and pre 1.07. The range and missile motor data is different compared to the C7 after 1.08.
actually i remember early AF campaign days where i used to load 12 or 14 of those on a F-16XL and shoot the wall of migs. (I was young and ignorant:D) Rmax2 is 20~23nm at 25k+ or something like that, DLZ is pretty accurate and that's a huge range advantage!!!

Last edited by Schwalbe; 07/21/10 04:15 PM.
#3057030 - 07/21/10 04:35 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Schwalbe]  
Ed_1 Offline
Ed_1  Offline

NYC, USA
Ok, If it is we modeled it that way, honestly I think it still might be to good (range wise) . The C8/aim120 is suppose to be better than C7 by 50% .
The USAF generally test at very high altitudes with F22, F18 ,F15 .
Lets say 50k version now I could see 70+ nm add 50% you got over 105nm .

I see now few small issues with C7 , some help it others would hinder a bit . I think with other .

Edit: probably before 1.06 the C7 had errors like all other missiles and when we fixed them, you have whats now .Remember this was still beta, not meant for prime time, but its probably close in respect to other versions .

Also the AI launch and no escape DLZ is from the range data of DLZ. you want to keep that on conservative side especially with such long range missile and bubble issues that can crop up .

Last edited by Ed_1; 07/21/10 04:46 PM.
#3057065 - 07/21/10 05:14 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Ed_1]  
Zaphael Offline
Zaphael  Offline

Ah, I see there is some miscommunication here.

I didn't fire the AIM-120C5 and the C7 during my test. Master Arm was on SIM, I swear. =D

The "drone" was a blue-force F-4 Phantom flying a long CAP steer point. I had like 60 miles between STP3 and STP4. All I did was bug the Phantom with an F-16 loaded with the B, C5 and C7 AMRAAMs. Then I basically compared the DLZ that was displayed on my HUD.

I was looking for any differences in the DLZ between the three models of the AIM-120 when I called it up while bugged on the F-4. There were differences between the B, and the C5. But no visible DLZ changes between C5 and C7. The Phantom was flying level with no evasive manuevering as no missiles were shot. =)

I was only looking at DLZ changes on the HUD.

#3057082 - 07/21/10 05:26 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Zaphael]  
Ed_1 Offline
Ed_1  Offline

NYC, USA
Thats going to be hard to test, with AI , but the DLZ is longer on C7, how much might depend on alt (lower altitudes and speed maybe be close that you can't tell )
The range DLZ is larger I am looking at it right now. the performance will probably show a lot better .Oh don't look at max number on top of DLZ, you need to match up range of Rmax1 , maybe that's throwing you off .

Edit , I see the problem , pointer error . AF is fine .

Ed

Last edited by Ed_1; 07/21/10 05:46 PM.
#3057307 - 07/21/10 10:13 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Ed_1]  
Schwalbe Offline
Schwalbe  Offline

Originally Posted By: Ed_1
AF is fine .....

Ed

oooh snap!! ar15 biggrin

Last edited by Schwalbe; 07/21/10 10:14 PM.
#3057930 - 07/22/10 08:03 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Schwalbe]  
ashoob Offline
ashoob  Offline

Maybe I'm missing something here, but how do you fly the new planes? I wanna bust out on my A-10!

#3058103 - 07/23/10 12:20 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: ashoob]  
Skunk1_Viking Offline
Skunk1_Viking  Offline

Anchorage, Alaska
Search your falcon directory for a file called "validAC.bin", rename it or remove it. Now you should be able to fly the A-10 in the campaign.

Note:
This file is each campaign dir. Rename or remove in each.

#3059724 - 07/25/10 07:55 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Wolfman]  
FunkyMan Offline
FunkyMan  Offline

Originally Posted By: Wolf72nd
How to get the Aeyes Pits to work with this mod:

Make a new folder on your desktop,call it Backups
Go to C: /program/Lead Pursuit/Battlefield/Operations/terrdata/objects
Copy the 3 files:KoreaObj.hdr KoreaObj.lod KoreaObj.tex
Paste these 3 files into the Backups Folder on your Desktop.

Then copy the same 3 Files from the folder C: /program/Lead Pursuit/Battlefield/Operations/Theatres/Skunkworks/Objects to the folder C: /program/Lead Pursuit/Battlefield/Operations/terrdata/objects
overwrite all when asked.

Now install the Aeyes pits again,run the exe`s and select Uninstall (No Reinstall or Update! )
Then fully install them back again,update once installed.

Now copy the 3 Koreaobj* Files from the Folder
again back into the directory
C: /program/Lead Pursuit/Battlefield/Operations/Theatres/Skunkworks/Objects
over write if asked
Now take the original backups from the folder on your Desktop and place them back into

Now the Aeyes Pits will work!
Make sure you click on the 2D Map and select a base before committing,if I didn`t do this my install would crash to Desktop.
Thanks to SkunkWorks for a great Mod,my only suggestion would be a more detailed Document,but nice work guys!

I did all this (followed your guide 100%) and got the "ghost" 3D pit! What I did was to copy the 3 files from my desktop "Backup" folder into the Skunkworks/Objects folder and voila! 3D pits once again! I think it will work if you just copy those files from the
C: /program/Lead Pursuit/Battlefield/Operations/terrdata/objects into the Skunkworks/objects folder without uninstalling any pits etc. I just experimented and it works, so I don´t care why as long as it works. Skunkworks should fix the Aeyes pits problem with Aeyes himself and fix it so it installs correct without the need to copy files back and forth. I also tried it out and could not see any graphical changes except some better flames after destructions of armour? I also noticed the changes munitions. Would be great if you could change some of the textures like in FreeFalcon. Maybe better watertextures (moving water may be difficult to mod) and better skies etc. So if I understand this correct, you made AI better, introducing new weapons and some effects?
Keep up the good work, I am sure this will be an awesome mod!

#3059728 - 07/25/10 07:59 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Skunk1_Viking]  
FunkyMan Offline
FunkyMan  Offline

Originally Posted By: SW_Viking

The Aeyes pit fix will take less than 3 mins of your time to do. Just read the instructions carefully. Pretty easy stuff. The pit bug is the exact same one found in the Israeli theater from PMC, and its the same work-around.

As for screens and vidz..Well that would be kind of hard since most of the changes are behind the scenes and spans too many different areas.
Wouldn't hurt to give it a try since it does not overwrite any files in your Falcon install and can be removed by simply pressing the delete key.

Well, the guide for me didn´t work, and if it´s such a quick fix, why not include it in the installer? Maybe get in touch with Aeyes, maybe he can work out a solution for this mod? I made the pit work in the end, I have experienced this with other theaters but for new guys the workaround can turn people away if they use Aeyes pits of course. Keep up the good work, I have just tried the mod a little and after vacation I will give it more time online.

#3060463 - 07/26/10 08:18 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: FunkyMan]  
Demonlord Offline
Skunkworks Developer
Demonlord  Offline
Skunkworks Developer

I would like to thank everyone for their input and continued support. We are working hard on v1.3 right now.

Cheers,

Demonlord.

#3062258 - 07/28/10 10:24 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
coolts Offline
coolts  Offline

Bristol, England
Downloaded and installed fine. I chose the 2012 theatre but cant start a campaign. it just freezes. what are the saved games? i may be being dumb!

i7 6700k | 16gb DDR4|Geforce GTX980|M2 SSD |27” & 2 x 24” | TrackIR 5| HOTAS WARTHOG (SERIAL 0273)| CH PRO Pedals USB |2 x Cougar MFD’s and a partridge in a pear tree
#3062453 - 07/29/10 02:53 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: coolts]  
Skunk1_Viking Offline
Skunk1_Viking  Offline

Anchorage, Alaska
Yea, your not able to start a "new" campaign.
Load the campaign saved filed entitled "Use_This_One". Do not overwrite it.

#3062601 - 07/29/10 09:57 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Skunk1_Viking]  
coolts Offline
coolts  Offline

Bristol, England
Hmmmm. Maybe I’m doing something out of sequence.

• installed (when asker for path ("AF / NOT THIS"), i chose AF
• in game i go to "battlefield". The two Skunkworks theatres are there, but the graphic on the right for each is corrupted.
• i chose skunkworks Korea
• then "saved"
• I chose "use this one" and receive a warning something like, (im at work so don’t have screenies at hand), "this saved campaign originates in the korea theatre. press ok to have this file moved to the appropriate folder and then switch to the korea theatre"

in the balkans 2012 skunkworks theatre there are no "use_this_one" saves

tried on works laptop too. same

Have i missed something? (Very likely)

Last edited by coolts; 07/29/10 08:47 PM.

i7 6700k | 16gb DDR4|Geforce GTX980|M2 SSD |27” & 2 x 24” | TrackIR 5| HOTAS WARTHOG (SERIAL 0273)| CH PRO Pedals USB |2 x Cougar MFD’s and a partridge in a pear tree
#3062792 - 07/29/10 03:14 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: coolts]  
Zaphael Offline
Zaphael  Offline

Is it possible to set default CAP altitudes to about 30,000ft and above as well? 25,000 in AF seems a little low to make use of BVR strategies.

Would there be any ability to command CAP flights to divert and intercept from the AWACs screen as well?

#3063761 - 07/30/10 07:12 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Zaphael]  
Skunk1_Viking Offline
Skunk1_Viking  Offline

Anchorage, Alaska
coolts, This sounds like something on your end, we haven't encountered such a problem in the past. I recommend you delete the mod and attempt to reinstall it again.
Question though, how close to 'default' is your falcon dir? Reason I ask is because the mod is intended for a vanilla copy of AF. Addons and file changes may result in unintended results.
We are looking into your problem though.

Zaphael, if you can do it in regular AF then you can do it SW.

#3063947 - 07/31/10 12:05 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Skunk1_Viking]  
coolts Offline
coolts  Offline

Bristol, England
Both machines x64 win7. Both got payware hitiles. That's the only common denominators as far as i know.
Will try a reinstall

Cheers

#3063981 - 07/31/10 01:16 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: coolts]  
Skunk1_Viking Offline
Skunk1_Viking  Offline

Anchorage, Alaska
Your OS and processor bit shouldn't matter. Anything Falcon software wise?
Standby for advisory.

#3064333 - 07/31/10 07:09 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Skunk1_Viking]  
coolts Offline
coolts  Offline

Bristol, England
It's not installed in default location,, (it's in D:\Games\falcon4 AF), and i have payware HI-Tiles installed.

Your installer found it okay though.

#3064659 - 08/01/10 09:44 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: coolts]  
Skunk1_Viking Offline
Skunk1_Viking  Offline

Anchorage, Alaska
Dir. location doesnt matter. The SW installer searches for the registry key pertaining to the install so its location is fine.
HiTiles is also ok, we set it up to use it if you have it so thats not the problem.

Hmmm...this is a real goat rope. We'll keep looking into it for you though.

#3064705 - 08/01/10 01:23 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Skunk1_Viking]  
coolts Offline
coolts  Offline

Bristol, England
Thanks Viking. I uninstalled everything, cleaned my registry and reinstalled AF, updated, installed Hi-Tils and Ayes pits.

Balkans / Korea 2012 campaigns are in there, but when i try and load the saved game for the balkans campaign, i get that same message.

Last edited by coolts; 08/03/10 07:18 AM.

#3068038 - 08/06/10 07:17 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: coolts]  
coolts Offline
coolts  Offline

Bristol, England
It doesnt like the saved games for some reason. I managed to post the pics on theh ED forums as I couldnt get the images up here.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=56148&page=4 (scroll down a bit to post #64)

I have reinstalled AF a couple of times

Last edited by coolts; 08/06/10 07:18 AM.

#3068241 - 08/06/10 03:30 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: coolts]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
Does this come with its own widescreen pits? I have never purchased a widescreen pit for F4 AF.

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#3068456 - 08/06/10 08:26 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Force10]  
Falstar Offline
Falstar  Offline

Edina, MN 55439
Do you have to have the last LP patch installed? I installed F$:AF then Skunkworks, but have missing textures in and outside the cockpit.

#3068591 - 08/07/10 12:30 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Falstar]  
Skunk1_Viking Offline
Skunk1_Viking  Offline

Anchorage, Alaska
coolts: I saw your post on the other forums. To be honest we have no idea what is going on. You are the only one that has admitted to having this problem. We can't seem to duplicate it.
My only question that may give me some insight is where you downloaded it?

LS_Force: No new pits are included. We really wanted to throw in Aeyes widescreens, but that would be wrong since his are payware.

Falstar: Yes, the build was around the latest patch. Are you using Aeyes pits? These will cause 'invisy pits', but there is a work around posted earlier in this thread.

#3068950 - 08/07/10 04:36 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Skunk1_Viking]  
coolts Offline
coolts  Offline

Bristol, England
SW - I have found out what was causing the trouble. My AF updater was broken. It was telling me that I had the most up to date version when actually I was running v1.0.6 instead of v1.0.13.

Once I noticed that, I reinstalled and updated correctly and now skunkworks is running okay.
I have carried out the Ayes fix and that is working correctly!

Sorry to be such a doofus, I should have checked version numbers and not trusted the dumb installer!
For next question if you are still with me! When I chose a squadron and commit, the frag is generated but all the missions I chose have all my wingmen as “unassigned”. Have I done something wrong again?

You can use me as the willing test lab rat to see just how your users can buffoon the simplest things wink

#3069637 - 08/08/10 10:50 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: coolts]  
Skunk1_Viking Offline
Skunk1_Viking  Offline

Anchorage, Alaska
lol coolts.
I'm glad to hear that you got it working properly biggrin

Don't worry about your wingmen being unassigned. The seats will fill just prior to takeoff.

Cheers and Enjoy.

#3070005 - 08/09/10 04:50 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
XenonS Offline
XenonS  Offline

Hi,

congrats for this very nice mod. Playing a very rocking Korea campaign. With all these modern planes added the music changes... 2 more deaths on my log...

Can you confirm me that only the "use this one" save has to be used for the mod? what are the 3 others? Seem also to work.

Thanks!!

XenonS

Last edited by XenonS; 08/09/10 10:05 PM.
#3070437 - 08/10/10 01:08 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: XenonS]  
Skunk1_Viking Offline
Skunk1_Viking  Offline

Anchorage, Alaska
The "use this save" file is the Korea 2012 battlefield that we made.
As for the default "start new campaign", these are your typical maps. However skunkworks data will transfer over (when within skunkworks theater). Meaning new weapons will be there, updated aircraft info, improved AI etc, its all there.

Sorry if this seems rushed, I'm in the middle of cooking, lol. Hope you understand.

#3072712 - 08/13/10 10:27 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Skunk1_Viking]  
coolts Offline
coolts  Offline

Bristol, England
Blimey, the iron fortress campaign is a bit scary now. (or was it always that scary?) Anyways, enjoying it immensly and havent even started playing with JSOWS yet!

#3073217 - 08/13/10 10:39 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: coolts]  
Zaphael Offline
Zaphael  Offline

Just curious... Would the JSOWs carry munitions payloads? I haven't tried it yet either.

I did notice that the AI shoots the AIM-120C7s from further out though. Or so it seems. =D

Still, I'm having a blast with the Balkans campaign. Planning all the damn ATOs myself. =D

#3074958 - 08/17/10 08:42 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Zaphael]  
Zaphael Offline
Zaphael  Offline

I'm not sure if this counts as a glitch, but I was playing "Under Seige" and the campaign ended at Day 1, 1547 Hrs. Was in flight when I heard all my strike packages being called to RTB. I thought something was wrong so I ended the mission and it seems like Yugoslavia surrendered.

However, "Yugoslavia" was still generating sorties and it did not seem like they really "surrendered." Any idea if the campaign is okay?

#3099146 - 09/22/10 05:37 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
The Nephilim Online tunes
S3D GuRu
The Nephilim  Online Tunes
S3D GuRu
Hotshot

3rd Stone from the Sun !!
Hi, We might have an issue with the Skunkworks Theater and Playing the Stock Campaigns?? Well we have been flying the Iron MP campaign and we did a few missions and all was well. so we installed Skunkworks and played a MP campaign mission last night and after the mission ended there was no more missions being planned??

Has anyone else experienced this situation in a MP Campaign or single player after installing skunkworks with no missions being generated on a continuing campaign????

Intel i7 10700K @ 4.8GHZ / ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4AC Motherboard / Asus 1080GTX OC / SoundBlaster Z / Windows 10 64bit / Reverb G2 VR Gear. / Thrustmaster Cougar + MFD's / Buttkicker Simulation / Thrustmaster Cougar
#3103454 - 09/29/10 05:59 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Skunk1_Viking Offline
Skunk1_Viking  Offline

Anchorage, Alaska
What your experiencing is what I believe is a rare AF bug. I have experienced campaigns where the ATO completely breaks and will not recover. Give it another go and let me know. Sometimes the ATO does seem to lag for awhile. Run the clock at 16x for a few RL minutes and click it back to 1x, this seems to wake the ATO up sometimes.

Keep us posted.

#3103458 - 09/29/10 06:45 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Eugene Offline
Eugene  Offline

Oregon
We tried that, running for a few hours game time at 64X. Gave up after quite a few minutes. Two of us tried starting new campaigns in different theaters and the same one as our troubled, stalled campaign. No missions at all and thus no more Falcon campaigns.

We deleted the Skunkworks folder and were able to start a new campaign with missions generated. Two different computers hosting, three different pilots in three parts of the country.

Eugene
i9-9600K
GeForce 2080ti
Creative Z
Win10
32 gig RAM
Cougar
#3103463 - 09/29/10 07:01 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Bono Offline
Bono  Offline

Seoul, South Korea
Sounds very interesting. I haven't had time to read through the whole 10 pages of this thread yet so pardon me if I am reiterating an issue which was already dealt with.

Replanting of Korea obj files to go around the problem with Aeyes' pit is noted.
What about the Hi-Tiles? Will it be still there with the mod or do I need to uninstall the hi-tiles before installing the mod??

#3103473 - 09/29/10 07:48 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Skunk1_Viking Offline
Skunk1_Viking  Offline

Anchorage, Alaska
Eugene & Nephilim,
The UKF has ran many many SW campaigns and only suffered the above mentioned ill-affects a hand full of times out of dozens. Let me consult others that I know run SW and try to find how often this is happening. I'll keep you posted. However I am talking with Demonlord right now and he agrees that this is a rare known AF bug that doesn't poke its head out very often. He also stated that he encountered the same problem as you are describing at one point. He deleted SW and reinstalled it and it was fine there after. Hope this helps some. Let us know.

Bono,
Hi-Tiles is 100% compatible. SW pulls from your default land textures. Meaning, if you have Hi-Tiles installed then SW will directly access it for tiling and scenery. No special work-around needed.

#3108037 - 10/05/10 08:08 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Skunk1_Viking Offline
Skunk1_Viking  Offline

Anchorage, Alaska
Admin question....why remove the sticky??? Granted v1.2 is out-dated now (in essence), however we are still grinding away. What started as a 2 man team for v1.2 (1st public release) has grown into nearly a 12 man team.

Regardless.
Let me assure everyone that Skunk1 Industries is still hard at work. We were going to release v1.3 to the public, however after much conversation we decided we would pump out v2.0 for the public. Expect its "approx release" Feb. 1st, 2011 (hopefully sooner). MAJOR Skunkwork improvements are on the way as we have learned much from the first go around. AF fliers will not be disappointed this time around. (If any were.....although we did receive noting but a warm reception.)

#3138568 - 11/16/10 07:46 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Demonlord Offline
Skunkworks Developer
Demonlord  Offline
Skunkworks Developer

I would like to let everyone know that two small Skunkworks 2 video previews are now available.

#3160993 - 12/20/10 07:22 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA
My 3D pit doesn't show up either. I've tried the various advice in this thread and still no go in the new theaters. Not too bad. Synthetic supervision, anyone?

I’m not sure what is meant by:

“Now install the Aeyes pits again,run the exe`s and select Uninstall (No Reinstall or Update! )
Then fully install them back again,update once installed.”

Which exe and ‘them’ are you referring to for each point here?

The AI and even just mission prioritization seem less -- how do I put it -- stupid. The latter is set up automatically by the HQ/computer close to how I do it. Far less sending of flight after flight to their certain destruction. Nice.

Kinematics do indeed seem to be improved. I don't find the same altitude penalties as before, which is obviously a really unrealistic thing to have been happening.

Stealth definitely seems to be working now for Fly Any Aircraft, but seems to be all or nothing. Am I mistaken? Does each aircraft have a different signiture that depends on aspect... even if you are the pilot?

Speaking of Kinematics... F-22 flight dynamics are vastly improved. Thankfully no more supercruising at 70,000ft (fun in a superman kind of way in the old campaigns), but the optimum fuel efficiency is still showing up as FL200-FL300 @ m0.6 in the upfront display. If you are planning to supercruise, though, you do get your best speed per fuel consumption for that at around FL450 and can save a little more PPM per TAS if you drop down to the low 90s rpm and can always sprint for the climb & launch.

Any way to hack it to automatically turn off thrust vectoring on the Raptor and advanced Migs & Su when the gear are down?

Is there any way you could give us alpha in the HUD, or at least AoA in the upper right corner on all aircraft... not just the ones with manual flaps? Heck, I'd like to see what the flaps and leading edges are doing on all the aircraft up there, even the ones that control it automatically.

The other thing that'd be great would be to refuel/re-arm (at least the former) at any allied air fields. But at least landing at one will prevent you from losing an airframe already.

And of course, there's the need for IRST or airborne FLIR... but that's asking for some magic potion stuff, there. Hey, I can dream, can't I? Next best thing is labels and the spot scan.

Anyway, this is an outstanding advancement and add-on for Allied Force, even if on the surface it doesn't seem like much. It is. I look forward to v2.0... whatever it may entail!

Last edited by Reticuli; 12/20/10 07:23 AM.

The term "necroposting" was invented by a person with no social memory beyond a year. People with a similar hangup are those o.k. with the internet being transient vapor.

http://www.openfuelstandard.org/2011/12/methanol-wins-open-wager.html

Saitek X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

http://library.avsim.net/register.php

X52 + Silicone Grease = JOY stick
#3161731 - 12/21/10 12:27 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Wolfman Offline
Wolfman  Offline

@ Reticuli,
Follow the instructions carefully for the Aeyes Pits,I have done this many times with no problems.The .exe`s referred to are the Aeyes Cockpit Exe`s.

1) After installing the SkunkWorks Theater, first make backups of the files:

KoreaObj.hdr
KoreaObj.lod
KoreaObj.tex

found in:
C:/Program Files/Lead Pursuit/Battlefield Operations/terrdata/objects

2) Then copy the three same files from the folder:

C:/Program Files/Lead Pursuit/Battlefield Operations/SkunkWorks/terrdata/objects

to

3) Now you completely uninstall Aeyes pit(s):

1. check box FULL UNINSTALL ....with exe-files
2. then FULLY install them back again.

4) Now copy the three KoreaObj* files from the folder:

C:/Program Files/Lead Pursuit/Battlefield/Operations/terrdata/objects

back to the directory

C:/Program Files/Lead Pursuit/Battlefield Operations/SkunkWorks/terrdata/objects

5) Finally, copy the backups of the three KoraObj .* files
in step 1 back into:

Now you can use the 3D-Widescreen Aeyes pits SkunkWorks.

Last edited by Wolf72nd; 12/21/10 12:28 AM.
#3162859 - 12/22/10 05:40 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA
My v1.2 F-16CJ pit exe doesn't give the option to uninstall. Not sure which version it's at now. However, I was able to install the Zerk 3D pit, which showed up fine. I also can uninstall that one and afterwards Aeyes shows up that was installed before. So, I guess that's one way to do it. Thanks.

The term "necroposting" was invented by a person with no social memory beyond a year. People with a similar hangup are those o.k. with the internet being transient vapor.

Saitek X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

#3169807 - 01/02/11 01:02 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Reticuli]  
Demonlord Offline
Skunkworks Developer
Demonlord  Offline
Skunkworks Developer

Originally Posted By: Reticuli

The AI and even just mission prioritization seem less -- how do I put it -- stupid. The latter is set up automatically by the HQ/computer close to how I do it. Far less sending of flight after flight to their certain destruction. Nice.

Kinematics do indeed seem to be improved. I don't find the same altitude penalties as before, which is obviously a really unrealistic thing to have been happening.

Speaking of Kinematics... F-22 flight dynamics are vastly improved. Thankfully no more supercruising at 70,000ft (fun in a superman kind of way in the old campaigns), but the optimum fuel efficiency is still showing up as FL200-FL300 @ m0.6 in the upfront display. If you are planning to supercruise, though, you do get your best speed per fuel consumption for that at around FL450 and can save a little more PPM per TAS if you drop down to the low 90s rpm and can always sprint for the climb & launch.

Everything you mentioned here is the same as the default Allied Force settings. We made no changes like that in version 1.2. We don't have the executable so lots of changes like that cannot be made.

Stealth is simply a selection flag made through the database. Its exact specifications are hardcoded.

Hope this answers some of your questions.

Last edited by Demonlord; 01/02/11 01:30 AM.
#3169863 - 01/02/11 03:18 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA
I'm talking about any version of this mod. I've just used it for the first time. v1, v1.1, v1.2. You made some of these changes at some point, didn't you?

Earlier in the discussion someone was saying the missile kinematics were improved, with better altitude/range advantage as the missile runs out of fuel and its weight reduces.

Maybe I'm thinking about Free Falcon, but I could have sworn the Raptor was some kind of super jet in Allied Force in the other theaters. I could fly at (maybe it was closer to) FL600 roaming around untouched by anyone. No?

And that's what gave the illusion of being LO without actually having it with the fly any aircraft mod. Take an F-117 for SEAD and you're a goner in the other theaters. No one could hit you in the Raptor because you were so high, but they could detect you.

Sooooooooooo... the stealth flags have been turned on for when you fly them or not? They definitely weren't active with a human player inside before.

From the term "flag" it sounds like stealth will be the same detectability reduction for everything in Allied Force with it, correct?

There's one thing I'm certain you fixed: landing gear damage with overspeed. You now have a ton of drag and the overspeed isn't until like 300kts. Right? It better, otherwise I think I've gone nuts.

Damn. Talk about placebo effects.

#3171016 - 01/03/11 10:30 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
cjcrank Offline
cjcrank  Offline

Hi Guys,
New to the forum and looking to jump right in...
Just bought f4af from amazon and I want some suggestions from you pros on software and gear.

1. software - do I patch what comes in the box (what's the latest patch) or install a new version altogether(what's the latest version) Also from what I've read HiTiles is a must...any other software a must have?

2. hardware - give me the best stick, throttle and pedals.

3. visual - from what I've read 3 monitors is tough in 2d and in 3d the definition is horrible so I assume that leaves the best option as a single 1080 monitor with TrackIr (my best guess).

I think I've covered the essentials but if I have left anything inportant out any info would be great! As soon as I get up and running I will be happy to contribute to the cause and try to help others as much as a newbie can.

Thanks Guys!

#3171382 - 01/04/11 12:59 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: cjcrank]  
Wombat1940 Offline
Wombat1940  Offline

Melbourne, Australia
Gees ...... you don't ask for much .... eek

Minimum: Patch to 1.0.13. Buy HiTiles.

Which stick? Read the threads and make up your own mind, depending on cash, what your read and what level of involvement you intend to have: casual shoot-em-up .... buy a Sidewinder; realistic, multiplay ...... I have a Cougar and an X52.

Its all about level of involvement and money ....but 24" nice with TrackIR.

Then of course their's your hardware .................. but that's another story. wink
This might help: http://www.72ndvfw.org/forums/showthread.php?p=67018#post67018

Gigabyte Ultra Durable 3 GA-EX58-UD4P motherboard, Intel i7 920 2.66Ghz/8Gb RAM chip set (only 3.5Gb available with XP & 32bit system), NVIDIA GeForce GTX275 video card, Realtek ALC850 sound circuitry, OS XP Home SP3, Samsung 21"(4x3)Flat LCD, TM Cougar joystick, TrackIR 3Pro, Logitech G330 Headset, ConnectAccess621 ADSL2/2 Router.
XP Home SP3, Running Falcon 4AF, 1.013 Patch, High Tiles (winter).
#3171426 - 01/04/11 02:33 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: cjcrank]  
LoD_Viper Offline
LoD_Viper  Offline

Southern Arizona in the good o...
@cjcrank:

Just a few things to add to the previous post...

1. Download the latest patch from www.lead-pursuit.com ( http://www.lead-pursuit.com/downloads.htm ). It's the 1.0.13 patch in either .exe or .zip format. The latest patch includes all previous patches.

If you are going to run a widescreen monitor then I highly recommend you get Aeyes widescreen pits for high resolution monitors at http://cockpits.nl/newvisitor.html . There are three of them for the F16CG, F16CJ and the F16AM (Block 40/42, 50/52 and MLU).

2. Cougars are not being made anymore by Thrustmaster. You might still be able to find one in retail stores or on ebay but they are getting more and more scarce since the new A-10 HOTAS came out from Thrustmaster. I use an X52 Saitek for now but have a Cougar to part out for a Viper pit I am building. Both are fine HOTAS setups. But as the previous poster said it really has a lot to do with personal preference.

3. I run a 1920x1200 Samsung 26" monitor using Aeyes widescreen pits (described above). I run a second 20" monitor for Teamspeak and other things besides it. You don't say whether you've flown Falcon 4 before or not so I am assuming you are just starting out. If so, then I highly recommend you get online with a multiplayer group because you'll learn a whole lot faster and have a lot more fun while doing it. That being said you need to first learn the basic training missions (usually the first 10 is good enough to get you started). Once you have those done and know the things involved in them to seek out a virtual fighter wing or go to www.Multiviper.com. PM me here if you need more info about flying online. I'd be glad to discuss things with you.

#3171604 - 01/04/11 06:00 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
cjcrank Offline
cjcrank  Offline

You guys rock...

Thanks for all the great info. LoD_Viper you are correct, I haven't flown before but can't wait to start and not sure how to PM but I'll figure it out.

I have looked everywhere for a Cougar but so far to no avail...there's gotta be one somewhere. Any forums or sites regarding Vipers that might be a good place to possibly pick one up?

Thanks for the tip on Aeyes - will do.

It sounds like the Skunkworks Mod is going to be an essential as well or should I wait a little until I get comfortable with stock? I'm pretty comfortable editing code and other hardware/software.

Again I want to thank you all for taking the time to help out a noob. If I find a Cougar I'll let you know where I got it...maybe there's another beginner who needs one.

Talk to you soon...

#3171733 - 01/04/11 09:10 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Panther Offline
Panther  Offline

If you have a Fry's nearby check their shelves (I have no idea where you live, you may not have a Fry's), other sources would be on Ebay. The Cougar is no longer in production so what is out there is it, there will be no more. If money isn't any issue the new Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS is a replica of the A-10C HOTAS. If you're on a tight budget then the T.16000M, it has the same HEART technology as the Warthog HOTAS.

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 980TI 6GB G1 OC, Obutto oZone, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, NP TrackIR5, ***Soon*** Oculus Rift
#3171780 - 01/04/11 10:03 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: cjcrank]  
LoD_Viper Offline
LoD_Viper  Offline

Southern Arizona in the good o...
Originally Posted By: cjcrank
I have looked everywhere for a Cougar but so far to no avail...there's gotta be one somewhere. Any forums or sites regarding Vipers that might be a good place to possibly pick one up?

This is the store that Panther is talking about I think.

http://www.frys.com/search?search_type=regular&sqxts=1&query_string=thrustmaster+cougar&cat=0

Unfortunately, they probably won't ship a Cougar (according to their webpage). However, you might try calling a store and trying to work out a deal (if they even have one left in stock). You never know until you ask! smile

I had a friend pick mine up in Phoenix at the listed price (plus tax). Sweet deal!

P.S. To PM me just click on my username to the left and select "Send a PM".

Last edited by LoD_Viper; 01/04/11 10:07 PM.
#3171791 - 01/04/11 10:19 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
citizen guod Offline
Lifer
citizen guod  Offline
Lifer

The Fry's on Houston's Southwest Freeway had a couple when I was in there 2 weeks ago.

South Houston, TX
11565 S.W. Hwy 59
(832) 200-3300
(FAX) (832) 200-3318

http://www.frys.com/product/6076348?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Wisdom is knowing what's enough
#3172628 - 01/06/11 12:04 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Reticuli]  
Aeyes Offline
Aeyes  Offline

The netherlands
Reticuli, the F-16CJ widescreen for F4:AF is at v1.4, send me a mail with your transaction ID if possible and will send you the updated version.

Last edited by Aeyes; 01/06/11 12:05 AM.
#3180012 - 01/15/11 03:43 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Demonlord Offline
Skunkworks Developer
Demonlord  Offline
Skunkworks Developer

Gone way off topic here guys.

Skunkworks v2.0 releases Feb, 1st. 2011.

Cheers.

#3180053 - 01/15/11 05:09 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA
Any reason why the Use_This_Save might show aircraft carriers everywhere instead of airstrips in the 2012 Korea campaign? And why the Bosnia 2012 would just have an Auto save listed and no Use_This_Save at all?

CCRP and delay CCIP do not appear to work in the new 2012 campaigns and the gun air-to-ground sight seems less accurate. I also noticed the A-10 has a radar.

Do the Skunkworks updates affect the 2010 campaigns at all, or just these new 2012? And to uninstall, say to re-intstall, all you do is delete the Theaters folder?

Last edited by Reticuli; 01/15/11 08:20 AM.

#3182562 - 01/18/11 07:54 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
wolfstone Offline
wolfstone  Offline

Denmark
Great looking forward to it whats new in version 2?

#3182983 - 01/19/11 05:34 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: wolfstone]  
Demonlord Offline
Skunkworks Developer
Demonlord  Offline
Skunkworks Developer

Originally Posted By: wolfstone
Great looking forward to it whats new in version 2?

Wolfstone, I do not want to give away all the secrets yet of Skunkworks v2, but here is a small bit of the change-log that I have copied over for you.

Cheers,

Demonlord.

General Gameplay:
-More 'Realistic' viewing distance/draw distance of ground units.
-Naval forces are now more effective
-Trees are now hi-res.
-Explosions are now 2048 hi-res (resolution increased by x32)
-Dozens of new skins across the board (ACFT, Weapons, Canopy Ref.)
-Improved payload capabilities for all usable aircraft (Far too vast for details)
-Radar data has been tweaked for most common aircraft; Blue & Red common fighters [Thank you A.S. for the research]
-Completely revamped UI
-2D map now features campaign map from OF (Korea & Balkans only)
-Rebuilt TacRef to include unlisted munitions
-New soundpack built by Dutch.
-New custom UI music
-Tweaked AF shortcut parameters to include higher texture and object definitions
-100% HiTiles compatible
-Includes a custom BFops.cfg file (optional install)
-Includes 3 completely new and action packed Korea & Balkans Campaigns.
-Aeyes pit fix.

Aircraft:
-Removed FCR/AGR on A-10. Given 'state-of-the-art' RWR. (CCIP only capability)
-Custom GAU-8/A Cannon sounds when flying the A-10.
-A-10s hitpoints increased.
-Su-25 Hitpoints increased.
-Su-39 Hitpoints increased.
-F-22 hit stats now reflect a highly stealth air-to-air fighter.
-F-22 now has modeled RWR and Radar to reflect the current AESA radar system as best possible in AF.
-Mig-21 loadout is now accurate.
-Mig-31 loadout is now accurate.
-Mig-25 loadout is now accurate.

GRND/NAV Vehicles:
-ZIL-135 HP reduced. (Truck)
-KrAz T 255B HP reduced. (Truck, tow for D30s)
-KrAz F 255B HP reduced. (Truck, fuel) (destruction of this unit will cause massive splash damage to surrounding units)
-BM21 & BM24 HP reduced. (Zil-135, rocket launch)
-Draw distance increased for all ground movable units.

Weapons:
-A-10's 30mm GAU tweaked; improved damage, improved 'blast radius', now HE instead of AP (highly affective)
-AGM-84 Harpoon damage tweak for more effective carrier strikes
-JP-223 runway bomblets have been added to the Tornado. Tweaks made to Hit Chances & damage reduced.
-WCMD CBU-103 & CBU-105 now work. Hit chance improved. More damage.
-Stinger missile blast radius & hit chance improved slightly
-AT-16 Vickr damage reduced.
-AGM-154A & AGM-154C Fire Controls have been corrected and the JSOW is now usable.
-AGM-158 JASSM Fire Controls have been corrected and the JASSM is now usable.
-AGM-114L/K Hellfire has been increased in to hit stats for moving threats and also damaged has been lowered.
-AA-9 now completely fixed and changes reflects the actual missile.
-AA-11 drag changes and seeker data changes made.

Installer:
A new and much easier to use installer based on Installshield technology.

Last edited by Demonlord; 01/19/11 05:40 AM.
#3183003 - 01/19/11 06:41 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA
And we gotta wait two weeks for this? Ah, shucks.

I wonder if the draw distance fixes on the ground units will solve my issue of units disappearing in the TGP when I zoom too close sometimes.

Hmm... maybe there's a way to hack falcon so the datalinked aircraft think they're wingmen with all allied units in the air that also have a datalink. Then you'd see all their radar tracks in your HSD.

Tracers and explosions could be way more visible, both day and night. Big, fat, flaming tracers on the PNVS. Flak flashes. At least AF's nightvision doesn't look odd and washed out. I do dig FF5.53 more contrasty, obvious distant specks and fire when PNVS is off. I wonder which of my sims actually do that well? Can't even think of one off the top of my head.

#3183748 - 01/20/11 02:37 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Wolfman]  
BirdDogICT Offline
BirdDogICT  Offline

After several tries at swapping Korea*.* files around, I still get ghost Aeyes' pits. I'm running a plain vanilla install patched to 1.0.13 in default directory with Windows 7 64 bit. Apparently I'm not the only one.

There are no accidents and no fatal flaws in the machines; there are only pilots with the wrong stuff.

— Tom Wolfe, The Right Stuff,1979.
#3183930 - 01/20/11 11:08 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
ShadowVonChadwick Offline
ShadowVonChadwick  Offline

NSW, Australia
Just had a read through the topic,,,,interesting.

So hows development going ?

Longtime voyeur, but dont post much.

Last edited by ShadowVonChadwick; 01/20/11 11:22 AM.

The Shadows http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzgbcyfJgfQ
Win7HomePrem, i5 3570k, Z77X-D3H, Ati 7850 & 4850, 8Gig G.Skill @ 1600, Antec 650w, Samsung 128Gig 840 Pro SSD, WD 1 terabyte HD, TR5, Hog stick, 3x24" Samsung 2443BW, 1 Asus 20", Eyefinity @ 6000x1200 (sometimes), filtered case & a crappy chair.
Win7Pro, PII 955be @ 3.6GHz, GA-MA790X, Ati 4850, 4 Gig Kingston @ 1066, CoolMaster 550w, WD HDs & filtered case.
#3183970 - 01/20/11 01:07 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
RAF74_Raptor Offline
Jurrasic
RAF74_Raptor  Offline
Jurrasic

TN
Question does it fix Multi Monitor Support

Ahh CLOD never in the history of Simming has so much been promised and so little given.

However I want to thank Team Fusion for keeping the Dream Alive.
#3184654 - 01/21/11 03:36 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Demonlord Offline
Skunkworks Developer
Demonlord  Offline
Skunkworks Developer

No it does not. Skunkworks is a modification to Allied Force. There is not any change to the executable.

#3185889 - 01/22/11 05:08 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: FunkyMan]  
BirdDogICT Offline
BirdDogICT  Offline

Funkyman's aproach worked for me. Will the ghost pits problem problem be fixed in the new release?

[EDIT] Sorry, didn't see Demonlord's post #3182983. Can't wait...nice work, guys.

Last edited by BirdDogICT; 01/23/11 04:32 PM.

There are no accidents and no fatal flaws in the machines; there are only pilots with the wrong stuff.

#3186269 - 01/23/11 02:15 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Demonlord Offline
Skunkworks Developer
Demonlord  Offline
Skunkworks Developer

General Gameplay:
-Trees are now hi-res.
-Improved payload capabilities for all usable aircraft (Far too vast for details)
-Radar data has been tweaked for most common aircraft; Blue & Red common fighters [Thank you A.S. for the research]
-Completely revamped UI
-New custom UI music
-Tweaked AF shortcut parameters to include higher texture and object definitions
-100% HiTiles compatible
-Aeyes pit fix.

#3186356 - 01/23/11 04:40 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Wombat1940 Offline
Wombat1940  Offline

Melbourne, Australia
General Gameplay:
-Trees are now hi-res.
-Completely revamped UI
-New custom UI music
-100% HiTiles compatible
-Aeyes pit fix.

? Or is this post just bumped?

Last edited by Wombat1940; 01/23/11 04:43 AM.

Gigabyte Ultra Durable 3 GA-EX58-UD4P motherboard, Intel i7 920 2.66Ghz/8Gb RAM chip set (only 3.5Gb available with XP & 32bit system), NVIDIA GeForce GTX275 video card, Realtek ALC850 sound circuitry, OS XP Home SP3, Samsung 21"(4x3)Flat LCD, TM Cougar joystick, TrackIR 3Pro, Logitech G330 Headset, ConnectAccess621 ADSL2/2 Router.
#3186415 - 01/23/11 08:22 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Demonlord Offline
Skunkworks Developer
Demonlord  Offline
Skunkworks Developer

I was simply quoting my previous post so he knows that it has been fixed.

#3186453 - 01/23/11 11:11 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Wombat1940 Offline
Wombat1940  Offline

Melbourne, Australia
I was simply quoting my previous post so he knows that it has been fixed.

Sorry. I was hoping you were going to add:

STOP PRESS! Skunkworks V2.0 now available. wink

Something nice.

Last edited by Wombat1940; 01/23/11 12:44 PM.

#3186471 - 01/23/11 12:12 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Dragonclaw Offline
Dragonclaw  Offline

Denmark
Uhm??

Where is the download, can not find it.

Even tried to open my eyes but no luck.

Help please. screwy

#3186483 - 01/23/11 12:38 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Wombat1940]  
Wombat1940 Offline
Wombat1940  Offline

Melbourne, Australia
Quote:
General Gameplay:
-Trees are now hi-res.
-Completely revamped UI
-New custom UI music
-100% HiTiles compatible
-Aeyes pit fix.
I was just hoping, following Demonlord "blank" post (reproduced above) he forgotten to tell us why he reproduced it. Hence the " wink "
I have edited to save any more confusion.

Last edited by Wombat1940; 01/23/11 12:42 PM.

#3195615 - 02/01/11 07:28 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Demonlord Offline
Skunkworks Developer
Demonlord  Offline
Skunkworks Developer

Skunkworks 2 is now available.

Please see the official thread for details.

http://ukfalconeers.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=368

Demonlord.

#3195677 - 02/01/11 08:26 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA
Any way to make this a zip download? Some smartphones won't download an exe, and that's the fastest connection I have access to.

#3195709 - 02/01/11 09:00 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Pilgrim Offline
Pilgrim  Offline

Thanks Demonlord and the rest of the Skunkworks Team! Downloaded and installed with no problems.

One craniums up... it seems that there's a limit on the number of subfolders inside the install theater folder. If you get the intro and immediatly CTD, move one or more of the subfolders out of the theater folder and it should run fine. This is an LP thing, not a Skunkworks problem.

#3198275 - 02/04/11 12:15 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Chrisreb Offline
Chrisreb  Offline

Southampton UK
Installed and now as soon as intro screen done is crashes to desktop.

Can anyone reiterate the steps please as I cannot find a readme.

Running latest patch, Hi tiles and Aeyes pits on Win7 64bit

Post above mentions removing theatres. Not sure which folder is meant but tried by removing all other theatre folders from Theatres folder. Is that what poster meant or something else?

Last edited by Chrisreb; 02/04/11 12:26 PM.
#3198298 - 02/04/11 01:12 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Chrisreb Offline
Chrisreb  Offline

Southampton UK
Oh great

Just switched my original folder back and that does the same now. Worked fine a couple of days ago.

#3198558 - 02/04/11 05:24 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Chrisreb Offline
Chrisreb  Offline

Southampton UK
Ok

Re installed Falcon from a backup and re installed Skunkworks. Now goes into UI OK (phew) Entered campaign ok so later will try to fly.

Fingers crossed

Later.... great news starting all over I have now been able to play one of the new campaign missions. Just getting used to new sounds and performance etc.

Brilliant work guys - brings new freshness to this game.

Assume as campaign progresses more squadrons come on line. Question - is there any way to choose paintschemes for aircraft being flown?

Thanks for all your hard work

Last edited by Chrisreb; 02/04/11 10:18 PM.
#3198949 - 02/04/11 11:11 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Chrisreb]  
Pilgrim Offline
Pilgrim  Offline

Originally Posted By: Chrisreb
Post above mentions removing theatres. Not sure which folder is meant but tried by removing all other theatre folders from Theatres folder. Is that what poster meant or something else?

Yeah. In my install (and this was the case on two different machines) if there are more than five third party theaters in the theaters folder, AF won't start. What I did was install as many third party theaters as I wanted and then move the folders somewhere outside of the Battlefield Operations folder so there is a max of five in the C:\Program Files\Lead Persuit\Battlefield Operations\Theaters folder. You can then swap the theater folders a needed when you want to run a different one.

#3198960 - 02/04/11 11:19 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Pilgrim]  
BirdDogICT Offline
BirdDogICT  Offline

I also had a porked install, with ghost Aeyes pits in the new campaigns.

But I was able to easily fix the problem. I had F4AF installed in the default "C:\Program Files(x86)\Lead Pursuit\" directory in Windows 7 64 bit, so I uninstalled F4AF and re-installed in "C:\Lead Pursuit\Battlefield Operations". I then patched to 1.0.13, installed HiTiles, installed all three Aeyes pits, started F4AF and setup graphics, controllers, etc, and closed F4AF. I then installed the Skunkworks v2 mod, restarted F4AF, and everything worked perfectly.

Hope this helps...your mileage may vary.

#3200272 - 02/06/11 06:46 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA
4 Days of downloading with file download manager and finally got it. Yeah. Is there anything we need to do to the BFops.cfg file once it's installed? Is the reference above just to the inclusion of that cfg at all?

#3201843 - 02/08/11 12:11 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
Chrisreb Offline
Chrisreb  Offline

Southampton UK
Playing Korea - end of day 1 and there is such a tidal wave of enemy aircraft, all airbases shutdown so no missions at all on day 2. Does this mean the campaign is over?

#3208687 - 02/15/11 10:15 PM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Chrisreb]  
PrivateNoob Offline
PrivateNoob  Offline

Sweden
Originally Posted By: Chrisreb
Playing Korea - end of day 1 and there is such a tidal wave of enemy aircraft, all airbases shutdown so no missions at all on day 2. Does this mean the campaign is over?

yea this is whats happening to me too, the north is just over the top in the campaign!

#3221877 - 03/02/11 02:33 AM Re: F4AF Skunkworks [Re: Demonlord]  
firbal Offline
firbal  Offline

Texas
I have a problem with the install. I get it to start, but I then get a box that says "No apporprite registry found". I do not have F4AF on my C drive. I'm taking it that this is the only place that you have it programed to find it.

#3243114 - 03/23/11 08:23 PM Re: F4AF Skunkworks [Re: Demonlord]  
Daywalker63 Offline
Daywalker63  Offline

NC, USA
Hi Gents

down loaded the the new works u did for Falcon 4.0 works great...good job... to bad someone can't come out with totally new campaigns is different AO's..like a no fly zone etc, etc, just a thought if you guys have any influence.

But i do have an issue if anyone can help me with, for some reason when i go to my munitions load out screen there is over laping of the mission board and load out screens. For some reason it will not go to the selected screen to set up for different munitions. Furthermore during the missions if i go to the inflight map, the map does not appear and it has some type of interference like a bad signal that you use to see on the old tube televisions; can any one advise?

#3243799 - 03/24/11 03:18 PM Re: F4AF Skunkworks [Re: Demonlord]  
Daywalker63 Offline
Daywalker63  Offline

NC, USA
Hi Gents

down loaded the the new works u did for Falcon 4.0 works great...good job... to bad someone can't come out with totally new campaigns in different AO's..like a no fly zone etc, etc, just a thought if you guys have any influence.

But i do have an issue if anyone can help me with, for some reason when i go to my munitions load out screen there is over laping of the mission board and load out screens. For some reason it will not go to the selected screen to set up for different munitions. Furthermore during the missions if i go to the inflight map, the map does not appear and it has some type of interference like a bad signal that you use to see on the old tube televisions; can any one advise?

#3257528 - 04/03/11 12:16 AM Re: F4AF Skunkworks [Re: Demonlord]  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA
JSOW-A does not seem to be the CEM cluster munition and appears pretty worthless for SEAD strikes, unlike in Janes FA-18. If you're unable to do anything about that, I recommend removing it and just adding the C model as a bigger Mag G, or something.

Do the AI aircraft even have the ability of firing it like dozens of miles off, like the real thing? Or are they firing it like we are, shorter range like a Mav?

Last edited by Reticuli; 04/21/11 06:16 PM.

#3333050 - 07/01/11 09:46 PM Re: F4AF Skunkworks [Re: Demonlord]  
Stuffy7634 Offline
'Stuffy' - Dowding!
Stuffy7634  Offline
'Stuffy' - Dowding!

UK

The Skunkworks Mod. A full blown effort to unlock the full potential of AF by increasing landscape & object detail, adding new aircraft & weapons, upgrading payload capabilities, fixing a number of glitches regarding aircraft, correcting all aspects of realism & a whole slew of things that will do nothing but enhance the experience of what we love to do. To Fly.

Download:

http://ukfalconeers.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=368

Demonlord

So does this basically update the game's sounds, graphics (landscape and object textures) and most importantly, the explosions (what's the point of flying all that way to drop a bomb on something if you don't get a nice KABOOM?) If so, I might buy the game again - how does it work on Win 7 64bit? There isn't a game out there like Falcon Allied Force. smile

What about Track IR, does it play nice with that?

Last edited by Stuffy7634; 07/01/11 09:46 PM.

Mobo: GA-P35-S3
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz
GPU: ATI EAH4850 512mb DDR3
RAM: 4.Gb 240pin DDR2 PC667Mhz PC5300
Sound: Audigy 4
O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium
#3357069 - 08/02/11 12:19 AM Re: F4AF Skunkworks [Re: Demonlord]  
AV8R Offline
AV8R  Offline

Southern California USA
Is anyone going to do a SimHQ review on this SkunkWorks aftermarket update?
Seems an appropriate way to honor both the effort and FalconAF.

update: download link didnt work
Skunkworks 2.0

Looks like V2 was removed due to some bugs. So its back to v1.2 and working with the aeyes workaround for now.

Last edited by AV8R; 08/02/11 04:46 PM.

AV8R
#3388901 - 09/13/11 05:55 AM Re: F4AF Modification Available [Re: Demonlord]  
AndyT Offline
LT Fanatic
AndyT  Offline
LT Fanatic

UK
I've installed this on my AF. Am I being thick here? I can't see any difference? Have a done something wrong? Need to change a config file...?

Sorry excuse the noob scuse_me

#3607598 - 07/15/12 11:30 PM Re: F4AF Skunkworks [Re: Demonlord]  
bandit484 Offline
bandit484  Offline

Oklahoma,USA
This mod ROCKS !!! It has made this simulation at least 100 percent better in my humble opinion. Skunkworks I thank you!

Be Aggressive Always !!!
#3630359 - 08/21/12 03:28 PM Re: F4AF Skunkworks [Re: Demonlord]  
FrontierProject Offline
low-spec system simmer
FrontierProject  Offline
low-spec system simmer

Smalltown Minnesota
Ukfalconeers is a dead link, where do I obtain the mod?

"Burn them all."
--------------
Intel Core2 Duo E8200 @ 2.66GHz
4GB RAM
Sparkle Geforce GTX460
#3630370 - 08/21/12 03:59 PM Re: F4AF Skunkworks [Re: Demonlord]  
Comet Offline
Comet  Offline

If you ask me, it isn't that good a mod.
But de gustibus non disputandum est, so here's a link for you:

http://www.moddb.com/downloads/skunkworks-mod

I never finish anyth
#3630386 - 08/21/12 04:11 PM Re: F4AF Skunkworks [Re: Comet]  
FrontierProject Offline
low-spec system simmer
FrontierProject  Offline
low-spec system simmer

Smalltown Minnesota
Originally Posted By: Comet
If you ask me, it isn't that good a mod.
But de gustibus non disputandum est, so here's a link for you:

http://www.moddb.com/downloads/skunkworks-mod

ya i'm going to try BMS for now, might come back to this in a few weeks

"Burn them all."
--------------
Intel Core2 Duo E8200 @ 2.66GHz
4GB RAM
Sparkle Geforce GTX460
#3648903 - 09/22/12 09:55 AM Re: F4AF Skunkworks [Re: FrontierProject]  
Skunk1_Viking Offline
Skunk1_Viking  Offline

Anchorage, Alaska
Originally Posted By: FrontierProject
Ukfalconeers is a dead link, where do I obtain the mod?

We apologize for this. Real life struggles forced the founders to walk away. It is unfortunate that it was never carried on by those it was left with.
Although not officially announced, Skunk1 Industries is currently in the process of getting its machine back in working shape.
We are in the process of hunting down the v2 installer as I believe certain UKF / 801st members may still have it.
I thank Comet for atleast having a link to the original v1.2. You can also find it at www.veterans-gaming.com

Although only a place holder for the current mission of Skunk1 Industries, you may find us at http://www.ghost-works.org/
Expect full website operations within a month.

Thank you all for your past support and we do apologize for allowing the loss of SWv2 & the UKF forums.
Regardless, AF will not be our focus this time, nor will it be development based.

Last edited by Skunk1_Viking; 09/22/12 10:36 AM.
#3649783 - 09/24/12 07:45 AM Re: F4AF Skunkworks [Re: Skunk1_Viking]  
Comet Offline
Comet  Offline

Originally Posted By: Skunk1_Viking
Thank you all for your past support and we do apologize for allowing the loss of SWv2 & the UKF forums.
Regardless, AF will not be our focus this time, nor will it be development based.

Any chance that version 2 entered the torrent circuit? Maybe you can find it there.
Alternatively, if you remember the exact filename of the package you can attempt to google for it.
You can fetch very sneaky stuff off the web with such aimed searches, and if your mod is still around it'll be found.

I never finish anyth
#3683463 - 11/16/12 10:14 PM Re: F4AF Skunkworks [Re: Comet]  
Demonlord Offline
Skunkworks Developer
Demonlord  Offline
Skunkworks Developer

Originally Posted By: Comet
Originally Posted By: Skunk1_Viking

Any chance that version 2 entered the torrent circuit? Maybe you can find it there.
Alternatively, if you remember the exact filename of the package you can attempt to google for it.
You can fetch very sneaky stuff off the web with such aimed searches, and if your mod is still around it'll be found.

Sorry the link hasn't been updated for V2. It can be found here.

#3726768 - 01/29/13 04:04 AM Re: F4AF Skunkworks [Re: Demonlord]  
hossa18 Offline
hossa18  Offline

I gave v1 a try. The Jdams were awesome. But I didn't like the new sounds and skins. Would you guys consider a weapons only mod?

#3729301 - 02/02/13 06:14 AM Re: F4AF Skunkworks [Re: Skunk1_Viking]  
Cantoo Offline
Cantoo  Offline

USA , EST
As Viking stated, due to RL circumstances, the founders all left the group. Control of the group was left up to me. Our forum due to lack of activity, 3 posts in 12 months, was allowed to go dead when a renewal was required to keep it active. Forums and domain names require funding. So the decision was made to let it go due to the lack of activity. The forum was active for 11 months after the release of the new Falcon BMS 4.32. As most of the falcon community migrated to the new release, our group did as well. We are still a very active group, but have adopted the title," The Falconeers", dropping the UK from our groups name, since our members come from a variety of countries around the globe.
You can now find info on our group at the Benchmarksims Forum under the " Base Operations" thread "801st/UKFalconeers" I would like to extend an open invitation to any and all who wish to join us, and as always, regardless of one abilities as we maintain our "open to all policy" as I and many others are willing to help anyone who has a serious desire to learn this wonderful simulation.

Cantoo

Last edited by Cantoo; 02/02/13 06:16 AM.
#3729303 - 02/02/13 06:18 AM Re: F4AF Skunkworks [Re: Demonlord]  
ShadowVonChadwick Offline
ShadowVonChadwick  Offline

NSW, Australia
+1

Regards..........Shad

The Shadows http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzgbcyfJgfQ
Win7HomePrem, i5 3570k, Z77X-D3H, Ati 7850 & 4850, 8Gig G.Skill @ 1600, Antec 650w, Samsung 128Gig 840 Pro SSD, WD 1 terabyte HD, TR5, Hog stick, 3x24" Samsung 2443BW, 1 Asus 20", Eyefinity @ 6000x1200 (sometimes), filtered case & a crappy chair.
Win7Pro, PII 955be @ 3.6GHz, GA-MA790X, Ati 4850, 4 Gig Kingston @ 1066, CoolMaster 550w, WD HDs & filtered case.
#4589459 - 01/16/22 03:02 PM Re: F4AF Skunkworks [Re: Demonlord]  
ajthenoob Offline
ajthenoob  Offline

United States
Hey,

Does anyone have the V2 file? It's completely gone now...

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.