Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#3030296 - 06/13/10 03:13 AM Re: Done [Re: BlueRaven]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Oh, I whined continuously that the N17 wasn't an option on the server in the chat.

It and the SPAD are the only two planes that I spent a decent amount of time in. Heck, I can stand toe to toe against a DR1 in a N17 (well, against most DR1 pilots, that is) and make a good show of it.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3030342 - 06/13/10 05:16 AM Re: Done [Re: Hedgehog]  
777 Studios - Jason Offline
777 Studios - Jason  Offline

Southern California or Moscow
Originally Posted By: Hedgehog
Originally Posted By: 777 Studios - Jason
Hedgehog - please stop the sarcasim. It doesn't help anything.

Originally Posted By: BigJim43
Bite me.

Sometimes the conversation just writes itself, doesn't it? wave

Also, I love the word you invented, Jason: SARCASIM. Sarcasm + Sim. You, Sir, are a genius.

A typo. Doesn't this forum have a built-in spell check. :-(

Jason

#3030348 - 06/13/10 05:44 AM Re: Done [Re: Broadside_Uda_Barn]  
dutch Offline
dutch  Offline

EURO-zone
Originally Posted By: Broadside_Uda_Barn
Glad you got it working Big Jim!

Here's the reality:
RoF IS frustrating.
But RoF IS worth the effort.

A grain of salt with messages expressing frustration is helpful.

Any lover of early aviation cant stay away from RoF for long.
RoF, like other sims, takes quite a bit of patience and a lot of assistance from an outstanding community. I've spent a lot of time trying to get things working "just right"....usually I figure things out with the help of others.

A little help talking someone "off the ledge" goes a long way.

Wise words here about RoF, I had the same frustration, out of the box was running fine, but after a couple of updates it went wrong! Neoqb did then finally wake up and after 1.012 I was back in the pilot seat.
But be positive, thanks to RoF I now can or have the knowledge off:
Complete PC hardware upgrade, besides installing a new Vcard and extra RAM, never done this [no more buying complete systems].
OS tweaking & optimizing.
Dual boot setups.
Hardware performance increase [OC].
Doing complete re-installs after formatting the hard-disk.

Never had a game that learned me so much about PC's because normal games seems to have a install-'n-play mode, but RoF seems to be something different, without PC knowledge you are lost ! !

But fact is this game is a very good WW1 game, as a RB3d veteran I think this game could be even better then RB.

Last edited by dutch; 06/13/10 05:47 AM.
#3030456 - 06/13/10 01:44 PM Re: Done [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
Masaq Offline
T&T Admin
Masaq  Offline
T&T Admin

UK
Hedgehog - please stop the sarcasim. It doesn't help anything.

Bite me.

Sometimes the conversation just writes itself, doesn't it? wave

Also, I love the word you invented, Jason: SARCASIM. Sarcasm + Sim. You, Sir, are a genius.

A typo. Doesn't this forum have a built-in spell check. :-(

Jason

Google Chrome is your friend, there smile

#3030566 - 06/13/10 05:39 PM Re: Done [Re: Masaq]  
BuddyWoof Offline
BuddyWoof  Offline

Yet another "I'm done" post LOL. I would have said just let him go.

Jim,
You going to make a "I'm back" announcement?

#3030580 - 06/13/10 06:09 PM Re: Done [Re: Broadside_Uda_Barn]  
WWBrian Offline
WWBrian  Offline

Originally Posted By: Broadside_Uda_Barn

Here's the reality:
RoF IS frustrating.
But RoF IS worth the effort.

Also, QFT!

wink

WingWalker (virtual) Combat Squadron

Intel i7 980X @3.8 GHz | ASUS P6X58D Premium | Antec 1200w PSU | 12GB 1600Mhz RAM
SLI - 2x eVGA GTX 580 3072MB vRAM | Dell 3007WFP 30" + 2x Dell 2007FP 20" @ 5388x1600 res.
Corsair Force GT 240GB SSD - O/S drive | Corsair Force 60GB SSD - ROF drive
WD VelociRaptor 300GB - Game drive | WD Black 1TB - Storage drive
CH HOTAS and TrackIR 5 +TCP | Realtek on-board sound | Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

#3030593 - 06/13/10 06:38 PM Re: Done [Re: Hedgehog]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
LIONPRIDE
Unregistered

Pretty but useless I would not recommend this game to anyone.

Way to go, BigJim! You stick to your guns!

....Blah, Blah, Blah ....

I purchased Silent Hunter 5 and WoP recently and enjoy them both ...

I've been perusing this title for some time. SimHQ message boards are my main source for info and help with any SIM issues I have. It's not the OP post that turned me off from purchasing this title ... its the post above. Disheartening to know that a guy cant vent his frustration here.

#3030607 - 06/13/10 07:17 PM Re: Done [Re: ]  
Gunloon Offline
Gunloon  Offline

Nashville, TN USA
Originally Posted By: LIONPRIDE

I purchased Silent Hunter 5 and WoP recently and enjoy them both ...

I've been perusing this title for some time. SimHQ message boards are my main source for info and help with any SIM issues I have. It's not the OP post that turned me off from purchasing this title ... its the post above. Disheartening to know that a guy cant vent his frustration here.

I think you'll find that lots of folks vent frustration here, me included.

I think you'll also find that the community will indeed try to help as they can....the problem is we see a few from time to time who jump in already screaming that 'neoqb ripped me off/ nothing works/ you're all a bunch of mindless fanboys' and that's a bit off-putting.

Most regulars here freely acknowledge the sim has had, has, and will likely continue to have issues that can be annoying or frustrating. For myself, I find the enjoyment I get from ROF far outweighs the occasional problems I've had. Simple as that; nothing's perfect, but most find putting the effort in to resolve problems is well worth it.

It's interesting to see what happens when people lose the tantrum and just inquire whether there are solutions to whatever problems are vexing them...there's almost always a useful answer from the community or one of the neoqb devs, often some simple thing that fixes as person's troubles right away.

It's just a bit difficult to deal with a hostile or confrontational attitude from the get-go.

[MF] Gunloon

Last edited by Gunloon; 06/13/10 07:18 PM.

Love. You can know all the math in the 'Verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughtta fall down, tells ya she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity
#3030620 - 06/13/10 07:47 PM Re: Done [Re: BigJim43]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
LIONPRIDE
Unregistered

I am done with this game, it refuses to recognize my CH controls for centering my TIR and I have made them 5 and 4 and progammed them to the stick. The game used to recognize input from CH control center maps and now some of the input is ignored. I just have NO patience for setting up the controls over and over again. It's too bad I had hoped this game would evolve but it hasn't it is still a messed up POS.

I don't need help I have been here since day 1, but this game is finicky, I finally got it to work but damn it is frustrating to have to piddle around after every patch to make it work.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you - but this is hardly a tantrum ...

I agree with you in the sense that there usually is a helpful link somewhere. Not impressed with the Fanboi : lets jump on this guy attitude. Nothing turns me off from a game more than a community who jumps to conclusions (IE: thinking, somehow, that they know what this guy is going through).

Senerio A:
I go to work, deal with nonsense there ... like putting out a forest fire every day.
Then come home to 3 kids who need the proverbial circus jugglers and balloons with music.
... then I would sure like to sit down with a cold brew and the game that worked fine the day before. Oh wait - my controls are all messed up. Lemmi search message boards and waste what precious time I have to fix what worked only 24-hours ago.

a bit frustrating ... no?

#3030780 - 06/14/10 04:05 AM Re: Done [Re: Dart]  
Broadside_Uda_Barn Offline
Broadside_Uda_Barn  Offline

Honolulu, HI
Originally Posted By: Dart
[OT]

Hey, great flying with you this evening, Broadside!

Bagged me four or five of those DR1's with my SPAD and a D7 as well! Darned things were thick as flies, that's for sure. I really made them mad by swooping down, taking shots, and then keeping them just out of firing range as they tried to chase me all over the map.

Yeah, that was fun!
I got some rof.exe errors, which cut things short, but other than that it was a great mission!
Looking forward to the next one!

AKA: Major Awesome
System specs:
CPU: i7 3770k @3.5GHz stock w/Phanteks PH tc14pe cooler
MB: Asus Maximus V Gene
PSU: Corsair 750w
RAM: Gskill 16gb @1600
GPU: Nvidia GTX670 4GB Drivers: 314.22
Extras: MS Force Feedback 2 Joystick, CH Pedals, TrackIR 5, Saitek Throttle Quadrant, ButtKicker Gamer 2, 3 24" monitors for 5760x1200
#3031595 - 06/15/10 03:52 AM Re: Done [Re: Broadside_Uda_Barn]  
BuddyWoof Offline
BuddyWoof  Offline

I say if you're done, stick to your words and be done.

#3031652 - 06/15/10 06:02 AM Re: Done [Re: BuddyWoof]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Naw, it's not a Sacred Club, BuddyWoof, just a flight sim.

The cool thing about venting is that while it's hot and loud, it only lasts briefly, but sure feels good afterwards..

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#3031754 - 06/15/10 12:13 PM Re: Done [Re: Dart]  
Copterdrvr Offline
Copterdrvr  Offline

Lafayette, LA. USA
Just curious about the problems most folks have/had.....

I haven't had any problems at all but it could be because I'm using a pretty "basic" system from a control input perspective. I have a Track IR5 and a Logitech "twist grip" control stick (and a mouse, of course) and that's it. I'm also running Vista 32 Prem. with no issues.

Are most of the problems "hardware" or control input issues?

Skids are for kids!
#3033330 - 06/17/10 07:22 AM Re: Done [Re: Copterdrvr]  
BigJim43 Offline
BigJim43  Offline

Tucson, AZ
I made a statement in the heat of frustration (which this game has had plenty of) but the likes of BuddyWolf would never drive me away (I have been flying these things since 1984 or so). I have seen the "community" over and over again and like all communities it has its' peace makers and its' tire kickers, I know better than to have done what I did but I was really pissed at the time so I gave some flamers a chance to exercise their skills, which they did and I can take my lumps.

The facts are I hardly play RoF, but I have supported it because I think it is a worthwhile project and is >< this close to being the sim I really wanted. If you look at AH2 and stick in RoF graphics and FM you have my perfect WWI sim, but alas that has not happened yet so I get my WWI online flying in on AH2's offering which is not nearly as well done as RoF but offers me what I am looking for and I pay 15 bucks a month for the privilege of flying there as opposed to buying planes as here in RoF. If there were arena's setup ala AH2 by 777 or RoF I would be there every night, but I am not sure how many planes in the air at one time RoF can support?

Last edited by BigJim43; 06/17/10 07:24 AM.
#3033362 - 06/17/10 09:14 AM Re: Done [Re: BigJim43]  
Broadside_Uda_Barn Offline
Broadside_Uda_Barn  Offline

Honolulu, HI
Nice to have you back Big Jim!

RoF can support many planes. I've seen about 40 planes at one time, and the devs wanted us to put 80 in the air back when we were testing 1.012, so I'm sure they think that's doable smile

RoF is only getting better. Hope to see you in the air!

AKA: Major Awesome
System specs:
CPU: i7 3770k @3.5GHz stock w/Phanteks PH tc14pe cooler
MB: Asus Maximus V Gene
PSU: Corsair 750w
RAM: Gskill 16gb @1600
GPU: Nvidia GTX670 4GB Drivers: 314.22
Extras: MS Force Feedback 2 Joystick, CH Pedals, TrackIR 5, Saitek Throttle Quadrant, ButtKicker Gamer 2, 3 24" monitors for 5760x1200
#3034179 - 06/18/10 07:36 AM Re: Done [Re: BuddyWoof]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
LIONPRIDE
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: BuddyWoof

clapping

#3034631 - 06/18/10 07:30 PM Re: Done [Re: ]  
BigJim43 Offline
BigJim43  Offline

Tucson, AZ
Originally Posted By: LIONPRIDE
Originally Posted By: BuddyWoof

clapping

LOL Buddywolf is the subscribtion manager for BoB, he marks his success by how many folks he can drive away hott

Last edited by BigJim43; 06/18/10 07:30 PM.
#3035418 - 06/19/10 10:33 PM Re: Done [Re: BigJim43]  
Ark Offline
Cat Herder
Ark  Offline
Cat Herder

Fresno, CA.
This thread has anger, committment, resolution, and technical support.

2 thumbs up!

Ark

Windows 7 x64
Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
Core i7 920 @ 4.0
6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
Evga GTX 680 Classified
SB X-FI Fatality
640GB WD "Black"
1GB WD "Black"
LG 39" LCD / Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer H233H 23" LCD

RIP Positive G
#3035425 - 06/19/10 10:40 PM Re: Done [Re: Ark]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Now that you've gotten the sim to run properly and are no longer frustrated to the point of violence, may I direct your attention to the Mission Builder as a means to retain an unbalanced state of mind?

Think stereo instructions. Now think stereo instructions written by Elbownians, translated into Japanese, then to Latin (using binary), and finally into English by a company outsourcing to the Congo.

Ah, my "happy place" this weekend.

From Laser:
#3035478 - 06/20/10 12:05 AM Re: Done [Re: BigJim43]  
BuddyWoof Offline
BuddyWoof  Offline

I am done with this game, it refuses to recognize my CH controls for centering my TIR and I have made them 5 and 4 and progammed them to the stick. The game used to recognize input from CH control center maps and now some of the input is ignored. I just have NO patience for setting up the controls over and over again. It's too bad I had hoped this game would evolve but it hasn't it is still a messed up POS. Pretty but useless I would not recommend this game to anyone.....................

I made a statement in the heat of frustration (which this game has had plenty of) but the likes of BuddyWolf would never drive me away

Huh? Is it just me or are you a bit confused? The topic of this thread is "Done" (which may I remind you that YOU started). Why would you need me to drive you away? It sounded like you were already driven away by yourself in your first post.
I would have had more respect for your thread if you had named the topic something like "need help". But no, it just had to be "Done".

Crazy I tell ya.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Food Safety and Bad Roommates
by KRT_Bong. 04/04/24 02:16 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.