I was just notified that the latest software version has been uploaded to the Logitech site. Here is the URL to the location. Windows XP, Vista and 7, 32 and 64 bit versions. Logitech G940 - Software update
What's new? quite a bit. Here's the summary. Please read everything. There is a firmware update as well. It is added as a file in the Logitech folders after installation.
New features of Logitech Gaming Software 5.09
I. Adjusting force feedback settings for your game.
Games with force feedback control the forces transmitted to the G940 stick. However, you can adjust the overall level of the forces, and add a centering spring to any game.
You can adjust the levels of forces for a game by changing the settings for each game profile. This lets you customize how the controls feel for each game. When the game loads, the profile adjusts the forces automatically.
To adjust the forces, follow these steps.
1. Open Logitech Profiler
2. Select a Game profile
3. Click Menu item "Edit"
4. Click "Specific Game Settings". A window will open.
This window allows you to adjust Overall force, Spring effect and damper effect force levels. Hover the mouse over each force adjustment for a description.
Checking the "Enable Centering Spring Strength" box will turn on a centering spring, whether the game has one or not. The force of the spring can be adjusted. Note that turning the spring all the way up will mask most other forces in a game.
II. Adjusting axis response
With Logitech Gaming Software 5.09, you can now adjust the responsiveness of the 12 non-force feedback axes. This adjustment changes how sensitive the axis is to movement. To change settings:
1. Open Logitech Profiler
2. Click Menu item “Device”
3. Click “Game Controllers”. A list of installed controllers will appear
4. Click the controller you want to adjust – example: Logitech G940 Joystick
5. Click “Properties”. The Test window will appear.
6. Click “Settings”. The settings window will appear.
7. Click the button marked “Hysteresis”. (If the button is grayed-out, the G940 needs a firmware update. Click the button to go to instructions and the new firmware updater.)
8. A new window will appear. It contains sliding adjustments for each axis. They are set at default settings, but can be adjusted. A lower number indicated more responsiveness. In some games setting the number too low will cause the axis to become jittery and unstable. If this happens, adjust the number higher until the axis is stable. You can reset all the axes by clicking “Default”
9. Click OK to close the window, and close the other windows.
III. Updating the Logitech G940 Firmware
We’ve updated the firmware of the G940 to improve force feedback response, and allow for adjustability of axis response. To update your firmware to the new version, follow these instructions:
1. Close all running applications
2. Connect Flight System G940, with throttle and rudder pedals attached, to PC USB connection. Do not connect through an external USB hub.
3. Go to c:\Program Files\Logitech\FW\G940_Updater.exe
4. Double click G940_Updater.exe to start the updater. Windows 7 users should right click and choose Run as administrator.
5. The updater will erase the firmware, then wait while Windows redetects the stick, then write the new firmware. Once it it is finished, you will be prompted to press enter to close the application.
6. In some PCs the updater may freeze. If the updater freezes for more than 30 seconds. DO NOT WORRY. Close the program (click X in the upper right corner) and then restart the updater. It will complete the process.
The firmware update improves the centering response, and reduces the looseness in the center. it was also adjusted to hold the stick straighter when you take off your hand and the dead-man switch engages.
IV. Printing profiles: we improved the profile printer. The colors were changed to improve black and white printing, and command name lengths have been lengthened.
Thank you for your patience in waiting for this update.