Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#2978840 - 03/18/10 10:06 PM Re: Reference material required [Re: Bushmaster78FS]  
Rich_Price Offline
Rich_Price  Offline

Hi,

Its the one with labels CT HB and RADIO RTS ICS. Hope that helps, if not I will label the pic!

Cheers

Rich

Inline advert (4th to 5th topic)

#2978851 - 03/18/10 10:33 PM Re: Reference material required [Re: Rich_Price]  
Bushmaster78FS Offline
Army Veteran, F-16 Enthusiast
Bushmaster78FS  Offline

Sun City, AZ
It is interesting that operator's manual greatly differs from that of a F-16 where how the switches behave greatly detailed. FLT SYM rocker switch is used to select symbology for IHADSS Cruise or Transition is selected with a push upward, and Hover or Bob-up is selected with a downward push onthe switch. I do not remember that this switched stayed once pushed for a mode selection. Logically it would beat the purpose.

Second one is the radio rocker so once you transmit in one of those channels, the switch has to return to its zero position.

SEMPER VIPER
#2979036 - 03/19/10 07:57 AM Re: Reference material required [Re: Bushmaster78FS]  
Rich_Price Offline
Rich_Price  Offline

Ok thanks for that. For the time being I will make them both momentary, the swithces are less than £2 anyway so can easily change them if we get an update!

Thanks again.

Just for an update, I am starting the initial mould carving today. Can start a new thread for progress reports if people are interested!

Cheers

Rich

#2979040 - 03/19/10 08:09 AM Re: Reference material required [Re: Rich_Price]  
Flexman Offline
Flexman  Offline

Leeds, England
Originally Posted By: Rich_Price
Just for an update, I am starting the initial mould carving today. Can start a new thread for progress reports if people are interested!

Yes Rich, keep us posted although maybe the Pit Builders forum would be more appropriate and we can have a sticky link to it from here?

Richard - You Have Control
Tricubic Studios Ltd. (dev blog)
#2980456 - 03/22/10 12:40 AM Re: Reference material required [Re: Flexman]  
Bushmaster78FS Offline
Bushmaster78FS  Offline

Sun City, AZ
I am going to post helmet cam video later on this week, you guys should be able to compare it with the TIR views of CH. At least I am thinking it should be give you a perspective how things look like up there. What you have right now is spot on, so it will be only for reference.

SEMPER VIPER
#2980472 - 03/22/10 01:13 AM Re: Reference material required [Re: Bushmaster78FS]  
Bushmaster78FS Offline
Bushmaster78FS  Offline

Sun City, AZ
Just found this online; interesting depiction of IHADSS

SEMPER VIPER
#2981083 - 03/22/10 10:14 PM Re: Reference material required [Re: Bushmaster78FS]  
Flexman Offline
Flexman  Offline

Leeds, England
Originally Posted By: Bushmaster78FS
I am going to post helmet cam video later on this week, you guys should be able to compare it with the TIR views of CH. At least I am thinking it should be give you a perspective how things look like up there. What you have right now is spot on, so it will be only for reference.

I'll look forward to that, it'll be interesting to compare your helmet cam with mine smile

There's some elements of the IHADSS I can't quite get right because still images or text don't give a full picture of behaviour. Pitch ladder motion and so forth. Do negative pitch marks (the dashed ones) have end ticks that point up or down in level flight. Are they static and so forth.

We have 4 IHADSS modes in game, Cruise, Trans, Bobup and Hover in various stages of completion.

#2981208 - 03/23/10 01:15 AM Re: Reference material required [Re: Flexman]  
Corsair8X Offline
Dagestan, Dover, DMZ
Corsair8X  Offline
Dagestan, Dover, DMZ

Oakville, Ontario, Canada
With regards to the various IHADSS modes and the earlier call for control images - at least, these two things have spawned the following question.

Falcon has a really nice setup with controls where if some HOTAS control is multi-function, it can act as multifunction in the game. Take the pinky switch button for example. It performs different functions at different times depending on a given situation. In the end, there is a key on your keyboard that essentially controls that button (let's say it's CNTRL P). Pressing that key means pressing the pinky switch. I find this makes programming HOTAS both easier and a tad more realistic.

Now I know that your focus is not on modeling every single avionic feature on the aircraft. However, do you think that you will adopt this meathod of key assignment as an option? Thank you in advance for any light you can shed, and naturally for the sheer effort of just creating this thing to begin with.

Corsair8X

virtually making history 30mm at a time
#2981227 - 03/23/10 01:45 AM Re: Reference material required [Re: Flexman]  
Bushmaster78FS Offline
Bushmaster78FS  Offline

Sun City, AZ
Let me check those for you Flex, but I can assure you that during our maintenance runs I never seen a circle like that in the above pic when I used the IHADSS.

SEMPER VIPER
#2981398 - 03/23/10 10:07 AM Re: Reference material required [Re: Corsair8X]  
Flexman Offline
Flexman  Offline

Leeds, England
Originally Posted By: Corsair8X
With regards to the various IHADSS modes and the earlier call for control images - at least, these two things have spawned the following question.

Falcon has a really nice setup with controls where if some HOTAS control is multi-function, it can act as multifunction in the game. Take the pinky switch button for example. It performs different functions at different times depending on a given situation. In the end, there is a key on your keyboard that essentially controls that button (let's say it's CNTRL P). Pressing that key means pressing the pinky switch. I find this makes programming HOTAS both easier and a tad more realistic.

Now I know that your focus is not on modeling every single avionic feature on the aircraft. However, do you think that you will adopt this meathod of key assignment as an option? Thank you in advance for any light you can shed, and naturally for the sheer effort of just creating this thing to begin with.

I need to get clear what it is you're saying. So I'll state what I think you meant and you can tell me if that's correct or not.

In Apache terms, a key assignment that says "Cyclic C Button" and have the game respond to that switch in whatever manner it's supposed to for any given mode? There's not much duplication like that on the controls, pretty much all controller switches do a specific job with the odd exception, from what I understand?

It's no hardship putting some of those in.

If you're interested, all MPD buttons (all 5 MPDS) will be assignable to input devices so in theory you'll be able to have 5 of those Thrustmaster MFD bezels working except they only have *5* buttons along each side and not 6 like the Longbow MPDs. They wouldn't match up too well.

#2981400 - 03/23/10 10:15 AM Re: Reference material required [Re: Bushmaster78FS]  
Flexman Offline
Flexman  Offline

Leeds, England
Let me check those for you Flex, but I can assure you that during our maintenance runs I never seen a circle like that in the above pic when I used the IHADSS.

Only circle I have in the IHADSS code is the Stinger seeker thingy-me-bob. If you're referring to that Arma? Apache cockpit mod then that's probably just down to the game engine. It's not something we'd use as a reference. It looks quite good for an Arma mod though.

#2982495 - 03/25/10 01:07 AM Re: Reference material required [Re: Flexman]  
Corsair8X Offline
Dagestan, Dover, DMZ
Corsair8X  Offline
Dagestan, Dover, DMZ

Originally Posted By: Flexman
I need to get clear what it is you're saying. So I'll state what I think you meant and you can tell me if that's correct or not.

You summed it up perfectly. I wasn't sure how specific each control was on the controllers but it sounds like they are very dedicated to their function. So I guess it's really a non-issue. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

If you're interested, all MPD buttons (all 5 MPDS) will be assignable to input devices so in theory you'll be able to have 5 of those Thrustmaster MFD bezels working except they only have *5* buttons along each side and not 6 like the Longbow MPDs. They wouldn't match up too well.

It sounds me me like you saying that each one of the MPD buttons (for all MDPs) will have a key assigned so that I can use whatever controllers I want. If so, that makes me happy. I'm using CH MFPs so I can have "bezels" of six buttons should I wish (and I will wish smile ).

Thank you for filling me in. smile

Corsair8X

#2983036 - 03/25/10 10:26 PM Re: Reference material required [Re: Corsair8X]  
Bushmaster78FS Offline
Bushmaster78FS  Offline

Sun City, AZ
Flex, was it demonstrated in any video how the brightness/color knobs worked on the MPDs?

SEMPER VIPER
#2983064 - 03/25/10 11:35 PM Re: Reference material required [Re: Bushmaster78FS]  
Flexman Offline
Flexman  Offline

Leeds, England
Flex, was it demonstrated in any video how the brightness/color knobs worked on the MPDs?

They twiddle. Everything twiddles, flips and clicks. Any videos or screenshots we post are out of date by the end of the same day.

I have the brightness knob (upper right) rotating 300 degrees clockwise to a stop which adjust the brightness of the screen from nothing to full. Day/Night does nothing as I'm not sure what the effect is, it's a two way knob. I had a mind to use the day/night switch to toggle the pop-up repeater for that MPD in the corner of the screen. It's not like you're wearing NVGs in front of your PC so doesn't have any real value otherwise. The pop-up repeaters are nice to haves when you're looking out of the pit.

I presume it just changes the color? (From what to what?)

We will do another video in the next week so you can see where we're at. Today we put in working canopy doors, lined up next are wipers followed by external lighting system and finally....working blade flexing (that was problematic to get working but just needs them slotting into place).

There's also been some fixes to the bodywork, proper transparent glass, switch illumination, engine fire effects (see blog for pic) and we're sequencing the startup, at least we're ready to do that but we're waiting on some data. I'm not complaining as there's all these little things to do. But they add to the whole experience of having you very own Longbow helicopter.

Most of that was done this week. Working on this stuff full time is a hoot, (too bad we don't get paid for this). Nothing doing tomorrow; It's Just Cause 2 day. I wish we had THAT 3D engine, oh boy, huge streaming world.

#2983068 - 03/25/10 11:48 PM Re: Reference material required [Re: Corsair8X]  
Flexman Offline
Flexman  Offline

Leeds, England
Originally Posted By: Corsair8X
It sounds me me like you saying that each one of the MPD buttons (for all MDPs) will have a key assigned so that I can use whatever controllers I want. If so, that makes me happy. I'm using CH MFPs so I can have "bezels" of six buttons should I wish (and I will wish smile ).

Thank you for filling me in. smile

They won't have buttons assigned automatically, you'll have to do that yourself (specify the function, MPD1-4, button 1-24 and input device/keystroke). We don't have a GUI for that yet but there will be one.

Do the CH pads work as joystick devices? Can they output joystick buttons instead of keystrokes?

#2983081 - 03/26/10 12:19 AM Re: Reference material required [Re: Flexman]  
Corsair8X Offline
Dagestan, Dover, DMZ
Corsair8X  Offline
Dagestan, Dover, DMZ

Do the CH pads work as joystick devices? Can they output joystick buttons instead of keystrokes?

They can output a joystick button as well, they have a DX mode or you can have it output a keystroke. The CH stuff really shines though when you use a file that contains what all your keystrokes will be however. In addition, you can write scripts and then assign them to one of the buttons as well. Cockpit in a box really.

I imagine that a person can mouse-click on your MFD's anyway - which is what I will likely do anyway once I get my touchscreen.

Corsair8X

#2985550 - 03/29/10 11:07 PM Re: Reference material required [Re: Corsair8X]  
Bushmaster78FS Offline
Bushmaster78FS  Offline

Sun City, AZ
Rich, Day/Night/Mono switch makes the MPD bright/dim/monochrome (green)

SEMPER VIPER
#2985554 - 03/29/10 11:15 PM Re: Reference material required [Re: Bushmaster78FS]  
Flexman Offline
Flexman  Offline

Leeds, England
Rich, Day/Night/Mono switch makes the MPD bright/dim/monochrome (green)

RGR that.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.