Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#2952585 - 02/04/10 07:45 AM Re: More impressive bomb explosions with more smoke, etc...is't possible? [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
Knegel Offline
Hotshot
Knegel  Offline
Hotshot

lol , now i see what you are talking about, when you talk about disortion.

One solution is to reduce dissable the wide screen mode, so that only 1024x768 get used. Of couse thats not how it should be(you did play the whole screen), but better then stumbling around with below 10 fps.
On the other hand, now the 1024x768 wideview work.

As i always wrote: The glidewrapper is only needed for people who dont get fog or when the system show bad fps losses(often below 10), but you turn this suggestion around to: "You suggest glidewrapper to all and dont care that it dont work or less good then 3d mode".

btw, what is your solution for people who suffer the bad fps losses with dual core PC´s??

Have you a better solution or dont you care for them??

If you think `thats close enough´, go closer, until the plane fill up the windscreen, then a short burst is enough!
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2952608 - 02/04/10 09:56 AM Re: More impressive bomb explosions with more smoke, etc...is't possible? [Re: Knegel]  
Col. Gibbon Offline
A nobody
Col. Gibbon  Offline
A nobody
Veteran

Hi Rubin.

I'd just like to thank you for bringing a fresh pair of eyes to the game, and making realistic creative suggestions. So many people ask for things which are totally impossible, buy you have been asking for minor changes which will improve the game without being ridiculous.

Please continue to make suggestions. smile

Supports EAW 1.29.exe, Drop in and Play Technology. wink

1.29 download
#2952906 - 02/04/10 08:37 PM Re: More impressive bomb explosions with more smoke, etc...is't possible? [Re: Knegel]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
3DZ Master/Campaign Designer
VonBeerhofen  Offline
3DZ Master/Campaign Designer
Hotshot

Zandvoort, N-H, Netherlands
Ralph,

I'd probably have to say to em 'use 8 bit graphics and less textures' but I understand for 7217 victims this wouldn't work. However a lot can be done through turning down graphics, use 128*128 drawings, less colors and less textures for the aircraft and or terrain/objects.
I know that's not an option for you guys as just like me about 5 years ago, you're striving to find the limmitations of your own systems.
I tried that too, starting with UHR and then by increasing Max view distance settings. I learned the game slowed down too much so I dropped it, inspite of the awesome graphics.
I can't say how it would behave on these systems, if a lower resolution alternative would cure these problems. Sometimes I think the game starts using disc cache when it can't cope or perhaps the videocard itself is a bottleneck for the ammount of graphics you're trying to give it, or the system is just too slow to quickly find the graphics in the huge tables of texture pointers.
I can't say much more then that without being able to work on it myself and test with simmilar hardware and a simmilar system, but I don't have one. I just never experienced anything like this before and the only thing it reminds me of are my own early experiments with higher resolutions.
Perhaps you can try something there, there must be plenty of possibillaties with what you now have to turn graphics down. Have you ever tried low or medium detail settings? Do they still work as they're supposed to?

VonBeerhofen

#2952937 - 02/04/10 09:22 PM Re: More impressive bomb explosions with more smoke, etc...is't possible? [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
Knegel Offline
Hotshot
Knegel  Offline
Hotshot

How shal someone tune the graphics down with a clean EAW1.2 installation??

If someone suffer the "bad 3d fps slowdown", even in EAW1.2, without groundobjects and with only 12 4mot´s in sight, the fps smelt down to an unplayable fps(below 10).

Of course, we can erase all 4mot´s or tell this guy he shal only make sweeps, but i still think to suggest the glidewrapper is by far more sencefull.

I doubt you have a better solution for the people who have the bad slotdowns, so please dont blame me when i suggest the glidewrapper.

If you think `thats close enough´, go closer, until the plane fill up the windscreen, then a short burst is enough!
#2952981 - 02/04/10 10:30 PM Re: More impressive bomb explosions with more smoke, etc...is't possible? [Re: Col. Gibbon]  
Rubini Offline
Rubini  Offline

São Paulo SP Brasil
Originally Posted By: Col. Gibbon
Hi Rubin.

I'd just like to thank you for bringing a fresh pair of eyes to the game, and making realistic creative suggestions. So many people ask for things which are totally impossible, buy you have been asking for minor changes which will improve the game without being ridiculous.

Please continue to make suggestions. smile

Many thanks by the words mate! I guess that i learned a lot how to behave on a community forum after 5 years of hard mod work on subsim.com SH3 forums. I even learn english almost totally in that forum! lol And don´t worry, i like to ask! biggrin

And just for curiosity I guess that i was the first here, lot of years ago, (yes, here in SimHQ EAW forum) to bring the Glide wrapper to the EAW and Total Air War community, showing for us the first pics of EAW/TAW in 1600x1200 with big fonts! (just 640x480 default EAW doubled by the wrapper) - was a big success thread that time. thumbsup IIRC SimHQ have had a big lost of arquives from more or less 8 years ago, no?

But really, as for the above i know well how hard is to dedicate all your free time to the mod work and for a game's passion...so thanks again by the work of all you guys to make EAW a live game even after 12 years. I´m enjoying it as the first time!

Edited: I found my post showing the Glide wrapper for the first time, and was in jan/2005, not so far behind then. Here, in the arquives:
http://simhq.net/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/530188/1.html

Well, after read that old thread again, well...not so success one and not the first to use a wrapper but the first to discovery the hi-res using the glide wrapper. WinkNGrin

Last edited by Rubini; 02/04/10 10:54 PM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.