Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#2951468 - 02/02/10 02:16 PM Re: Poll - How many bought ROF? [Re: Sim]  
sharpe26 Offline
sharpe26  Offline

Maastricht, Holland
weird thing is. I now regret getting ROF.......

I'm a crappy pilot, but one hell of a shot.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2951622 - 02/02/10 06:05 PM Re: Poll - How many bought ROF? [Re: Sturm_Williger]  
Snuffy Offline
Snuffy  Offline

FLA First Coast
Originally Posted By: Sturm_Williger
I'll probably buy whatever they release.

+ infintum ... I have bought everything they've released, and will most likely continue to do so.

Snuffy - Ted
#2951632 - 02/02/10 06:20 PM Re: Poll - How many bought ROF? [Re: Snuffy]  
fox3 Offline
fox3  Offline

North East USA
Originally Posted By: Snuffy

+ infintum ... I have bought everything they've released, and will most likely continue to do so.

Doesn't give them much incentive to finish the sim, all they needs do is feed your addiction and fatten their wallets.

I own four birds, they came with the game. Don't remember which ones but I think they were single engine.

#2951741 - 02/02/10 09:52 PM Re: Poll - How many bought ROF? [Re: fox3]  
SHar82 Offline
Ol f@rt gamer since Ti99
SHar82  Offline
Ol f@rt gamer since Ti99

Toronto, Canada
I bought RoF and some planes (SE5a, N17-DIII pack) and I'm VERY happy with it, love to fly the N17 even if it have a very weird bug when taking off and most of the time I have to take off in auto mode. This apart, the plane is very agile and can turn with Albatros easily.

What I'm waiting for is a real dynamic campaign "a la" Red Baron.

Last edited by SHar82; 02/02/10 09:53 PM.

Spring chicken to sh!tehawk in one easy lesson

PSN/XBL: Guynemer27
WarThunder/STEAM: Guynemer27
EA/Origin: Dude27
Project Cars: Dude27
#2952158 - 02/03/10 02:56 PM Re: Poll - How many bought ROF? [Re: SHar82]  
SYN_Ricky Offline
SYN_Ricky  Offline

Lausanne, Switzerland
Bought the boxed version plus all the planes except the DVIII.

Been playing mostly coops with squadmates and having a blast plus quite a lot of offline for training.

I just have started to mess with the mission editor, which I like very much, it offers many possibilities smile

I've flown a bit on some public servers, but I guess that until there's a real dogfight mode, I won't bother again.

"True hunting is over, no herds to follow. Without game, men prey on each other" Perry Farrell
#2952217 - 02/03/10 04:28 PM Re: Poll - How many bought ROF? [Re: SYN_Ricky]  
fox3 Offline
fox3  Offline

North East USA
Originally Posted By: Rickenbacher
I've flown a bit on some public servers, but I guess that until there's a real dogfight mode, I won't bother again.

Two Weeks. Be Sure.

#2952655 - 02/04/10 12:45 PM Re: Poll - How many bought ROF? [Re: fox3]  
Snuffy Offline
Snuffy  Offline

FLA First Coast
Originally Posted By: fox3

Doesn't give them much incentive to finish the sim, all they needs do is feed your addiction and fatten their wallets.

I own four birds, they came with the game. Don't remember which ones but I think they were single engine.

Well Fox3 ... First I want to thank you for your diagnostic observation that I seem to have an addiction, that I obviously do not have.

I have an interest in making sure that my installation will have the latest and greatest of add-ons no matter what they are. As each new aircraft is released, new content is added to the sim, to provide action for those new aircraft. Something based on your limited thinking, seem to be missing the point of.

No, I assure you, its not an addiction, as I have not played ROF in over a week to week and a half lately, as I have other interests, and other things do come up. But, I like having all the aircraft as it doesn't limit my gaming experience to one or two scenarios.

With regard to the "finishing of the sim." ... Please note that at the time of release to the public, the sim was "finished." Neoqb didn't have to give in to the wishes of the public and provide more and newer content.

As for the "fattening" of their wallets, at $8.00 an aircraft I hardly think that their wallets are getting fat from my buying all the aircraft. I mean that $8.00 gets split how many ways? (8 divided by the number of neoqb employees, I'd say they're all getting about $0.25 ((twenty-five cents)) each.) Yep they're really getting rich off me.

For the record, all player aircraft at this time are single engined, and single seaters.

So I take it you're among the dissatisfied ones that wander the earth and moan and complain.

Last edited by Snuffy; 02/04/10 12:48 PM.

Snuffy - Ted
#2952824 - 02/04/10 05:45 PM Re: Poll - How many bought ROF? [Re: Snuffy]  
ElAurens Offline
ElAurens  Offline

USA

With regard to the "finishing of the sim." ... Please note that at the time of release to the public, the sim was "finished." Neoqb didn't have to give in to the wishes of the public and provide more and newer content.

Excuse me?

There was/is nothing "finished" at all about ROF. At best it's an early beta.

Take off the blinders son.

The campaign side is a lifeless shell. There is no ground content to speak of, and the ground objects that are there have dubious damage modeling at best.

No flyable two place aircraft. Huh? The only reason single seaters exist is to counter the threat of multi place attack aircraft.

A very limited "front" map. Enough said.

Still no online, join when you wish, dogfight server function. How many months has it been now? Come on. There is NO excuse for this glaring omission any more.
"Oh, we are working on it" doesn't cut it. Sorry Jason/neoqb/et al... I'm tired of hearing lame excuses for lack of the single most basic requirement of any flight simulation.

I'm sorry Snuffy, my expectations are much, much higher than yours appear to be.

Curtiss Fan Boy.

Online as BlitzPig_EL.
#2952863 - 02/04/10 07:23 PM Re: Poll - How many bought ROF? [Re: ElAurens]  
KnowBreaks Offline
KnowBreaks  Offline

This "poll" is obviously lacking a few potential responses, among them, "Bought it/Regret it/Wouldn't recommend it/It's gathering dust now/buying more planes - Dude, seriously?".

There are, as ElAurens explains, a number of glaring omissions. Each one gets a little more 'glare' with each released patch that improves the appearance of water (hypothetical example, don't get excited) while it does little to actually "build" the sim to the point it should be by now.

And, in my opinion, it was nowhere near 'finished' when it was released. That's silly to even suggest - even NeoQB has admitted many times there's a lot to be added. We just have to be patient...which was acceptable, for a while.

As for the $8.00 planes...well, I agree - no one's getting rich off you, for sure. But they aren't just selling you planes, either - are they?

And for any of those who will surely come along and tell me how wrong I am for seeing RoF as I do, consider this:

You have no idea how badly I wanted this to be the end-all WW1 flight sim. In a previous life (before one of my many bans *lol*) I actually gave "the other sim" hell around here; I said - long before actually owning it - that RoF would put the other guys to shame.

So, for all those who have jumped all over me many times here, take notes: I'm finally publicly saying what you've all been dying to hear:

Boy, was I ever an idiot.

For believing in RoF, that is.

System Specs:
Intel Core i7-930, OC @ 3.36G
Scythe Grand Kama Cross HS/F
Gigabyte GA-X58-USB3 mainboard
2x Seagate 500G Barracuda (RAID0; C:)
6G OCZ Gold Edition DDR3/10666 Triple Channel
eVGA GTX570 1280M GDDR5 PCIe2.0x16
AMCC/3Ware 9650SE SATA 3G/s RAID controller:
4x OCZ 30G SATA 3G/s Vertex SSD (RAID0; D:)
Corsair TX-750 PSU, CoolerMaster CM-690 case; 4x 120mm fans
TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
Windows7 x64 Home Premium
#2952868 - 02/04/10 07:28 PM Re: Poll - How many bought ROF? [Re: KnowBreaks]  
FiveDigits Offline
The Grim Squeaker
FiveDigits  Offline
The Grim Squeaker

Germany
The sky is falling! ... again

Whine all you want. RoF is still the only new development in WWI aviation for more than a decade. You should be grateful for every single bit of it. I know I am.

#2952887 - 02/04/10 07:46 PM Re: Poll - How many bought ROF? [Re: FiveDigits]  
RocketDog Offline
RocketDog  Offline

Bath, England
Yes - some people have rather naive expectations of what can realistically be delivered in PC simulations. The bits we have got are actually pretty good. If it takes a few months more to fill in the rest, well so what, I can wait.

Cheers,

RD

Beyond gliding distance
#2952895 - 02/04/10 08:09 PM Re: Poll - How many bought ROF? [Re: ElAurens]  
Snuffy Offline
Snuffy  Offline

FLA First Coast
Originally Posted By: ElAurens
... Excuse me?

There was/is nothing "finished" at all about ROF. At best it's an early beta. ...

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. You will note that I did use quotation marks around the word "finished." Yes, at some point in the whole scheme of things according to neoqb's flow sheet, they had to reach a point where the product is released, therefore "finishing" that portion of the flow chart.

... Take off the blinders son. ...

Don't call me son, as I'm obviously not, and I'm more than likely older than you. That's evident in our forums presentations.

... The campaign side is a lifeless shell. There is no ground content to speak of, and the ground objects that are there have dubious damage modeling at best.

No flyable two place aircraft. Huh? The only reason single seaters exist is to counter the threat of multi place attack aircraft.

A very limited "front" map. Enough said.

Still no online, join when you wish, dogfight server function. How many months has it been now? Come on. There is NO excuse for this glaring omission any more.
"Oh, we are working on it" doesn't cut it. Sorry Jason/neoqb/et al... I'm tired of hearing lame excuses for lack of the single most basic requirement of any flight simulation.

These are your opinions of what would make a good sim, they obviously were not Neoqb's. Get over yourself. Your expectations vs their delivery are two different lines of thought.

... I'm sorry Snuffy, my expectations are much, much higher than yours appear to be.

Actually an opinion, which your entitled to again. Don't pretend to know what I think or how I feel about something just based on some well reasoned and thought out comments that have been produced without a lot of high blood pressured related comments as you have made.

I'm quite content to accept what I have and am quite willing to wait on the developers as they continue to refine the product. Now if you don't have those kind of patience, I suggest you go find something else to do then, cuz you're obviously going to give yourself a stroke ....

Have a nice life.

Snuffy - Ted
#2952896 - 02/04/10 08:11 PM Re: Poll - How many bought ROF? [Re: KnowBreaks]  
Snuffy Offline
Snuffy  Offline

FLA First Coast
Originally Posted By: KnowBreaks
... Boy, was I ever an idiot. ....

Probably one of the most reasoned and thought out responses I've seen in some time. smile

Snuffy - Ted
#2952989 - 02/04/10 10:51 PM Re: Poll - How many bought ROF? [Re: Snuffy]  
fox3 Offline
fox3  Offline

North East USA

Well Fox3 ... First I want to thank you for your observation that I have an addiction, > add a few snips here and there < I will have the latest and greatest of add-ons no matter what they are.

No, I assure you, its not an addiction, as I have not played ROF in over a week to week and a half lately, > yeah I find the game a bit boring also <

But, I like having all the aircraft > yeah I am not addicted <

As for the "fattening" of their wallets, at $8.00 an aircraft I hardly think that their wallets are getting fat from my buying all the aircraft. I mean that $8.00 gets split how many ways? (8 divided by the number of neoqb employees, I'd say they're all getting about $0.25 ((twenty-five cents)) each.) Yep they're really getting rich off me. > get over youself do you really believe you are the only weak minded who bought those crates? <
For the record, all player aircraft at this time are single engined, and single seaters. > for a disacount you will soon be able to buy multi engine crates <
So I take it you're among the dissatisfied ones that wander the earth and moan and complain.

No I have admitted I should have read the fine print before purchasing. The dev's have stated this game is unfinished and has flaws. I will take them at their word. They have said they do not have the manpower to fix it, well not in the next few months anyways, they said this back in september so I guess this is also the truth since it is still unfinished. If pointing out the obvious rubs you wrong Be Sure you will get new airframes to gawk at soon and will almost surely forget we had this little chat.

Just a little more patience and mebbe if we get theeir ear we might just get more dynamic MP DF servers

Cheers M8

#2953006 - 02/04/10 11:34 PM Re: Poll - How many bought ROF? [Re: fox3]  
ElAurens Offline
ElAurens  Offline

USA
Snuffy you are wrong on every rebuttal to my post sir.

Not my opinion, just fact.

We have been told since release that missing content, and major improvements were forthcoming. So, where are they? All we have received so far are some touch ups to the graphics, and of course, more planes.

Online is a total wasteland. This many months into the life of the sim there should be hundreds, if not thousands, of online players, not the few dozen we see now.

I had very high hopes and expectations for RoF, knowing who the developers were and where they came from in the world of flight simulation. I have been waiting for a high quality WW1 simulation since I started playing air combat simulations. I still want one. Will RoF be that simualtion?
I have no idea. With the glacial pace of development, and the generally low expectations of most of the posters here, I have my doubts.

The window for neoqb pulling this off is getting smaller with each passing quarter. There is a very large spectre casting it's shadow over RoF, and curiously enough it emminates from Mother Russia as well. neoqb NEEDS to have RoF in a very polished state well before Oleg's Storm of War is released later this year. If not, large numbers of folks waiting for RoF to reach an acceptable level of utility will simply move on and never look back. And trust me, there are lots of folks on the sidelines watching Rof, hoping for the pace of development to ramp up.

Patience may be a virtue, but you can take timeliness to the bank.

Be very sure.

Curtiss Fan Boy.

Online as BlitzPig_EL.
#2953019 - 02/05/10 12:29 AM Re: Poll - How many bought ROF? [Re: Snuffy]  
KnowBreaks Offline
KnowBreaks  Offline

Originally Posted By: KnowBreaks
... Boy, was I ever an idiot. ....

Probably one of the most reasoned and thought out responses I've seen in some time. smile

You know, Snuffy, I've no quarrel with you - and I really don't mind being quoted...but at least include what I said, exactly, so as not to completely change the context:

Boy, was I ever an idiot.
For believing in RoF, that is.

Thank you.

System Specs:
Intel Core i7-930, OC @ 3.36G
Scythe Grand Kama Cross HS/F
Gigabyte GA-X58-USB3 mainboard
2x Seagate 500G Barracuda (RAID0; C:)
6G OCZ Gold Edition DDR3/10666 Triple Channel
eVGA GTX570 1280M GDDR5 PCIe2.0x16
AMCC/3Ware 9650SE SATA 3G/s RAID controller:
4x OCZ 30G SATA 3G/s Vertex SSD (RAID0; D:)
Corsair TX-750 PSU, CoolerMaster CM-690 case; 4x 120mm fans
TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
Windows7 x64 Home Premium
#2953150 - 02/05/10 09:47 AM Re: Poll - How many bought ROF? [Re: FiveDigits]  
Ming_EAF19 Offline
Babelfish Immune
Ming_EAF19  Offline
Babelfish Immune
Veteran

London
the dissatisfied ones that wander the earth and moan and complain.

Hmm must be a Biblical reference let me look Smile2

Yes here it is, the tribe that walked straight through the Promised Land on the way to a mirage

"I see no bread and honey falling from the sky and btw what's that sticky stuff it's all over me sandals now"

I wonder what happened to them in the end. I bet it was sticky whatever it was Smile2

Ming

'You are either a hater or you are not' Roman Halter
#2953277 - 02/05/10 03:54 PM Re: Poll - How many bought ROF? [Re: Ming_EAF19]  
fox3 Offline
fox3  Offline

North East USA
Fish On!

Catch and release.

#2953339 - 02/05/10 05:36 PM Re: Poll - How many bought ROF? [Re: fox3]  
Catfish Offline
Catfish  Offline

Where the ocean meets the sky
^^ hahaha hahaha hahaha

even if Ming probably tries to "fish" for new RoF "participants", i have to say that i almost did NOT buy the sim just because of those postings, from some, well, no i will not say the word biggrin - to make it short i'm glad i bought the sim anyway.
Guess i was already hooked years ago, to WW1 sims.

Greetings,
Catfish

Last edited by Catfish; 02/05/10 05:37 PM.
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Hans Zimmer North American concert tour 2024
by NoFlyBoy. 03/16/24 10:54 PM
Steam Spring Sale.
by RedToo. 03/15/24 09:09 PM
Starship Attempt Three
by F4UDash4. 03/14/24 12:06 PM
This is one cool turbofan model
by Zamzow. 03/14/24 02:41 AM
Map Errors
by F4UDash4. 03/13/24 11:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.