Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#2913080 - 12/04/09 08:21 AM Re: One of the best coffees available is made from sh*t [Re: gbarclay]  
Ziprick Offline
Ziprick  Offline

North of 49
Originally Posted By: gbarclay
Coffee? Try some of the crap they sell in Canada, like Folgers, Maxwell House, Nabob etc.
The Folgers they sell here ain't the same as Folgers in the US.
All our coffee is bitter except Tim Horton's at $8.00 a lb.

I used to make a special trip to Washington State to buy my coffee but now it's a 2 hour wait to get through the border each way.

I know the secret to getting good and cheap coffee in Canada. President's Choice brand West Coast Dark Roast ($7.99 for 907g). You can buy it at Extra Foods and Canadian Superstore, look for the black tin.

The price of doing the same old thing is far higher than the price of change.

BILL CLINTON
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2913081 - 12/04/09 08:22 AM Re: One of the best coffees available is made from sh*t [Re: JimK]  
Ziprick Offline
Ziprick  Offline

North of 49
Originally Posted By: JimK

That is what I am drinking, Been my beer of choice now for over 30 years.

Ugh, well, I guess it's no worse than Budweiser.

BILL CLINTON
#2913173 - 12/04/09 12:16 PM Re: One of the best coffees available is made from sh*t [Re: ]  
knightgames Offline
Hotshot
knightgames  Offline
Hotshot

MA
I'll be passing on that coffee. The FDA already allows enough sh!t into my food.

#2913275 - 12/04/09 02:31 PM Re: One of the best coffees available is made from sh*t [Re: knightgames]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Hey, I like Budweiser!

I'm very upset at the state of coffee, though. The industrial grinds have taken a cue from the "gourmet" coffee houses and started burning everything.

That's fine for espresso shops that are simply taking the roast for the little cup, grinding it coarse for regular coffee (which is the original reason for all the dark blends in them), but I suspect it simply serves as a mask for inferior beans in the factories.

A lighter roast that's made strong is more flavorful to me than a nearly charred bean at regular strength.

After a lot of testing, I found that the "mild" roast is the Foldger's of old; it gets terrible past that. A dash of salt in the pot makes the "medium-dark" tolerable; nothing can save the "dark" blend.

Of course I'm drinking it black. Throwing sugar and creme into coffee is the same as pouring Coke into whisky, IMHO; if one has to flavor the coffee to enjoy it, it's not worth pouring into a cup.

For the exotic beans and blends, the over-roasting is simply criminal. Both Costa Rican and Puerto Rican coffees are simply excellent, as an example, but the second the bean turns into little charcoal lumps one might as well be making Ersatzkaffee from wheat (my Oma used to make it from time to time, it actually isn't bad - though it's not coffee).

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#2913307 - 12/04/09 03:08 PM Re: One of the best coffees available is made from sh*t [Re: Dart]  
Destructis Offline
Hotshot
Destructis  Offline
Hotshot

Anne Arundel County, MD
Folgers Breakfast Blend for me. Thank you very much. Add in some sugarfree French Vanilla creamer and I am set.

I don't even like Starbucks coffee.

Life is tough. Life is tougher when you are stupid. - John Wayne
#2913333 - 12/04/09 03:52 PM Re: One of the best coffees available is made from sh*t [Re: Ziprick]  
Patrocles Offline
Hotshot
Patrocles  Offline
Hotshot

Chicagoland
Originally Posted By: Ziprick
Would you drink this coffee?

http://www.bestcovery.com/kopi-luwak?whybest=1&best=19652

Asian Palm Civets are shaggy little raccoon-like creatures that live in southeast Asia. They clamber into coffee trees and eat ripe coffee "cherries," partially digesting them, which alters the coffee protein structure. The beans then exit the Civet and land on the jungle floor, where workers collect and (hopefully) clean them. The coffee is then roasted and ground and sold to trendy consumers, mostly in Japan and the US. According to one vendor, it "has a rich, heavy flavor with hints of caramel or chocolate" and is "earthy, musty and exotic…. almost syrupy.

haha ancient news!

why not!? I also eat bee vomit, cow cytoplasm, crawdaddy guts, etc. hehe

Yes, I would definitely drink this coffee (only if they thoroughly clean the beans before processing! biggrin )! From what I have read this coffee is very very very good.

Animal Mother > Rambo+ChuckNorris
#2913345 - 12/04/09 04:12 PM Re: One of the best coffees available is made from sh*t [Re: Patrocles]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
It might be good, but the only thing I can think of that's worth more than a hundred bucks a pound is my wife.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#2913457 - 12/04/09 06:56 PM Re: One of the best coffees available is made from sh*t [Re: knightgames]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Originally Posted By: knightgames
I'll be passing on that coffee. The FDA already allows enough sh!t into my food.

Zing!

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#2913484 - 12/04/09 07:42 PM Re: One of the best coffees available is made from sh*t [Re: ]  
Wklink Offline
Permanent Latrine Orderly
Wklink  Offline
Permanent Latrine Orderly
Hotshot

Olympia, Washington
When you think about where eggs come from I don't think this is too much to think about.

Not sure I would go out of my way to drink it but if it was cleaned properly, well.

I guess it gives new meaning to that old saying 'I'd walk five miles to eat the peanuts out of her s**t"

The artist formerly known as SimHq Tom Cofield
#2913486 - 12/04/09 07:45 PM Re: One of the best coffees available is made from sh*t [Re: Wklink]  
20mm Offline
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
20mm  Offline
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
Sierra Hotel

Tucson AZ
Brings new insight into the phrase "This coffee tastes like sh!t."

Pat Tillman (1976-2004):
4 years Arizona State University, graduated with high honors.
5 seasons National Football League player, Arizona Cardinals.
Forever United States Army Ranger.
#2913522 - 12/04/09 08:20 PM Re: One of the best coffees available is made from sh*t [Re: Wklink]  
Destructis Offline
Hotshot
Destructis  Offline
Hotshot

Anne Arundel County, MD
Originally Posted By: SimHQ Tom Cofield
I guess it gives new meaning to that old saying 'I'd walk five miles to eat the peanuts out of her s**t"

I have never heard that one before rofl I have heard I would walk five miles to drink her bathwater or she is so hot, I want to suck her daddy's ****.

#2913822 - 12/05/09 04:17 AM Re: One of the best coffees available is made from sh*t [Re: Dart]  
Ziprick Offline
Ziprick  Offline

North of 49
Originally Posted By: Dart
Hey, I like Budweiser!

Anyone who thinks Budweiser and Miller are good beers obviously has no taste. And Folgers coffee is one of the worst on the market, can't sand it. Dark roast coffee is not burnt beans, it's roasted longer to give it a stronger flavour and that is how I like it. Most Americans grew up drinking that watered down crap they serve at Denny's where refills are free so don't even know what good coffee is. My $0.02.

BILL CLINTON
#2913874 - 12/05/09 06:03 AM Re: One of the best coffees available is made from sh*t [Re: Ziprick]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Quote:
Anyone who thinks Budweiser and Miller are good beers obviously has no taste. And Folgers coffee is one of the worst on the market, can't sand it.

There are more of us than there are of you!

hahaha

[edit]

Seriously, I grew up with German beer and German coffee and wound up liking the "low stuff" better.

Last edited by Dart; 12/05/09 06:04 AM.

From Laser:
#2913891 - 12/05/09 06:53 AM Re: One of the best coffees available is made from sh*t [Re: Dart]  
Ziprick Offline
Ziprick  Offline

North of 49
Yes, men with good taste are few and far between and that explains why I always got to go out with the girls most men could only dream of. wink

BILL CLINTON
#2913948 - 12/05/09 12:02 PM Re: One of the best coffees available is made from sh*t [Re: 20mm]  
Turbo Offline
Turbo  Offline

Originally Posted By: 20mm
Brings new insight into the phrase "This coffee tastes like sh!t."

LOL

Celebrating 35+ years in the field of avionics....my how time flies!
#2913967 - 12/05/09 12:39 PM Re: One of the best coffees available is made from sh*t [Re: Turbo]  
Navigator Offline
Hotshot
Navigator  Offline
Hotshot

Mn U.S.A.
Coffee Johny?... No thanks

Never rub another man's rhubarb.
#2913971 - 12/05/09 12:48 PM Re: One of the best coffees available is made from sh*t [Re: Destructis]  
knightgames Offline
Hotshot
knightgames  Offline
Hotshot

MA
Originally Posted By: Deceptis

I have never heard that one before rofl I have heard I would walk five miles to drink her bathwater or she is so hot, I want to suck her daddy's ****.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!! Not that there's anything wrong with that. biggrin There's one I wish I never heard. You guys have strange practices in Maryland. wink

#2913987 - 12/05/09 01:22 PM Re: One of the best coffees available is made from sh*t [Re: knightgames]  
Destructis Offline
Hotshot
Destructis  Offline
Hotshot

Anne Arundel County, MD

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!! Not that there's anything wrong with that. biggrin There's one I wish I never heard. You guys have strange practices in Maryland. wink

At least we don't have the Patriots stirthepot

#2914001 - 12/05/09 02:05 PM Re: One of the best coffees available is made from sh*t [Re: Destructis]  
knightgames Offline
Hotshot
knightgames  Offline
Hotshot

MA

At least we don't have the Patriots stirthepot

That's Three Time Superbowl Winning Patriots to you sir. neaner

EDIT: That's Three Time Superbowl Winning Patriots who can't hold a lead, cover receivers, rush the opposition, protect the QB, coach worth a damn, or seem to care...... to you sir.

Last edited by knightgames; 12/08/09 06:08 PM.
#2914045 - 12/05/09 03:47 PM Re: One of the best coffees available is made from sh*t [Re: knightgames]  
Patrocles Offline
Hotshot
Patrocles  Offline
Hotshot

Chicagoland
watch out for counterfeit civet-digested beans!

Animal Mother > Rambo+ChuckNorris
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.