Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#2839032 - 08/11/09 03:34 PM TrackIR problem: Centered incorrectly  
Raintitan Offline
Raintitan  Offline

I am having an odd problem with ROF and TrackIR. TrackIR worked fine through the first three tutorial missions, but then on the fourth one when I tried to pan my head to the extreme (looking for the compass)the view "stuck" looking straight down at the seat of the plane. Now, whenever I try to recenter the view (F12) for TrackIR it resets to this downward view. I can't seem to resolve it. I've made sure that 'Center' for TrackIR was mapped truly unique.

What is really odd: I can do a 1 v 1 mission in the Spad or freeflight and it is fine.

Any thoughts on how I can get this reset to what it should be?

I'm using a TrackIR 4 Pro and purchased ROF post-patch.

Thanks!

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2839078 - 08/11/09 04:28 PM Re: TrackIR problem: Centered incorrectly [Re: Raintitan]  
DD_JoeBob Offline
DD_JoeBob  Offline

Salt Lake City, Utah
It sounds like you hit the F10 key by mistake.

Each aircraft has a set of "views" that you can customize to your liking. You set those views by hitting the appropriate view key (Numpad 5 is the straight ahead view) and then hitting the F10 key to save that view for that aircraft. That way you can have hot keys to, for example, see the compass and it will work in each aircraft because that view is specific to that aircraft but you use the same key for every aircraft.

With Track IR it usually (or maybe always) uses the Numpad 5 key for the straight ahead view and that's what it centers to. So if you've reset the Numpad 5 key by accident (easy to do) that's what Track IR centers to. And, of course, if you're in Track IR and looking elsewhere and hit the F10 key mistake it does the same thing and saves that to the Numpad 5 view.

You can fix it by first turning Track IR off and then launching a mission. The Freeflight takeoff is a good one for this since your aircraft is on the ground.

Once in the cockpit hit the Numpad 5 key, this will likely take you to the skewed view you mentioned. Then, using the mouse and the view command keys (Home, Delete, End, Page Up, Page Down and Insert ... and the zoom keys Numpad minus and plus, you can set the Numbpad 5 view to whereever you want it. Then just press F10 to "save" the view.

You may or may not have to exit ROF, then turn on Track IR and you should find that when centered Track IR will behave.

There is a bit of a glitch in the program currently in that it will not save the zoom you chose. I just make it a point at the start of every mission to center Track IR, zoom out using the Numpad Minus key and then hit F10 to save it for that mission. Be careful to look straight ahead when hitting the F10 key or you'll cause the same problem you started with. This is a known issue.

Hope that helps.

WH_JoeBob

Last edited by WH_JoeBob; 08/11/09 04:30 PM.

I'm a Chickenhawk and you're my victim, ya gonna come along quiet or do I gotta muss ya up?
#2839627 - 08/12/09 01:29 PM Re: TrackIR problem: Centered incorrectly [Re: DD_JoeBob]  
Raintitan Offline
Raintitan  Offline

Thanks for the tips!

That very well could be the issue. Especially since my joystick has 8-10 buttons...one could be mapped to a key I accidentally hit.

I will try this.

Thanks!
R

#2899440 - 11/12/09 02:50 PM Re: TrackIR problem: Centered incorrectly [Re: Raintitan]  
Topo Offline
Topo  Offline

Thanks!
Those tips solved my problems.

Yes, I'm Italian
No, I never voted for Berlusconi...

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.