I tried the campaign generator (20091105-0705_RoFCampaign) and find it very satisfying. What I liked most was that I never knew when an enemy flight would appear, how high etc. In the stock campaigns you always know when something will happen.
I scanned and scanned and scanned the skies while on patrol, always a little anxious. This is immersion for me (and no, we didn't encounter anybody, but then not every flight should encounter E/A).
There are a few small things:
1) The font is somehow very big and strange. It doesn't allow for the name of my pilot to be displayed entirely. I tried changing the fonts in the settings to ones I actually have on my system, but doesn't look like it changed anything.
2) I like the idea of always being the flight leader. But I started my campaign as lieutenant, and had the major as my wingman, the captain as wingy in my next flight.
3) Make the briefing sticky, ie. I would like to be able to re-visit the briefing after mission creation.
4) Maybe throw in some random intel from time to time, like enemy observation aircraft have been spotted north of your assigned patrol area?
5) I fly without waypoints or labels, so maybe include desired altitude for the waypoints in the briefing. Or where those completely at the discretion of the flight leader back then?
Thank you so very much for your work
Edited by Dobby (11/07/09 06:46 AM)
Da lagen wir im grossen Krieg der Räuber,
Und drüben lagen die gleichen dreckigen Leiber,
Arbeiter wie wir, da haben wir gedacht,
Das ist nicht unser Krieg, nicht unsre Schlacht