Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#2885772 - 10/22/09 11:45 PM Problem Exporting MFD  
GoodOLBandit Offline
GoodOLBandit  Offline

Main display is Radeon HD 2400 Pro trying to export mdf to NVidia PCI Card.
Set to 16bit, tried with nodx9zbufferfix,notnl,nrt all on or with no luck.

Messed around with usbspeed,going to wait for my laptop for that.

Finally avoided error creating d3d device2:DDERR_INVALIDOBJECT by running in full screen and deleting game.cfg but the next problem arose just sits there. It opens up a windowed app on the monitor connected to the NVidia card, proc preceeds to idle with my main monitor/adapter justing sitting at desktop with a busy mouse cursor.

Tried configuring nview, and shared memory of main adapter. If I start in windows mode I recieve the error creating d3d device2:DDERR_INVALIDOBJECT.

Running 1.12.1 exe, tried to download a newer one but the link was dead. Any ideas of what to check for next?

#2886741 - 10/24/09 09:23 AM Re: Problem Exporting MFD [Re: GoodOLBandit]  
GrizzlyT Offline
GrizzlyT  Offline

Sterling Heights, Michigan
Obvious question but... you have the option turned on, in the .ini file, and set to the # of the 2nd monitor (I'm assuming #2), right?

Doesn't the Radeon have dual outs?
If so, try hooking up your 2nd monitor to it and sending the MFDs to that monitor, to see that it's working.

If you need another GPU, in the same PC, then I suggest keeping them both ATI and not mixing.
Actually, that's probably good advise, even if you're going to be working with 2 PCs and networking the MFD data via MaxiVista.

Did you mean UDPspeed?
If so, that's for working with Commserver, to export the warning light and gauge overlays.
You might want to focus on getting just the MFDs to behave first, then move on to the UDP stuff?

Grizzly's Comanche Simulator
"Fear is the mind killer. - Frank Herbert"
#2886804 - 10/24/09 12:59 PM Re: Problem Exporting MFD [Re: GrizzlyT]  
GoodOLBandit Offline
GoodOLBandit  Offline

Thanks for the reply. Yes I was going to use the second monitor on the 2400 but due to my traveling I don't have access to the converter for the crt. Running 2 CRTs here currently.

MEMEXPORT=1
export_mfd=1
export_mfd_adapter=1 (tried 0-4)
export_mfd_screen_width=640 (tried multiple resolutions)
export_mfd_screen_height=400

Display Properties shows the monitor as #3, #1 Being my main, #2 being the unused port on the ATI Card, #3 on the Nvidia. I was starting to ask if it was the fact I am using 2 different adapters.

UDPspeed I'll wait on.

!Just thought of it, would it create the problem mixing 2 different directx cards, what would be the command to force chokum to run in the lower directx version. If there is one.

Edit Update* Installed an old 6800Gt I had laying around. Tried using that with the other Nvidia which is a MX440 PCI card. Could never get the 2 in clone or spanning(since it might work with spanning?). Still the same prob as before. Even tried OMega on both and OMega on one / forceware on the other. Getting the dvi adpater tomorrow so I'll try duel on each agp cards and see if that works.

Last edited by GoodOLBandit; 10/25/09 12:53 AM.
#2887843 - 10/26/09 02:41 AM Re: Problem Exporting MFD [Re: GoodOLBandit]  
GoodOLBandit Offline
GoodOLBandit  Offline

Error creating d3d device2:DDERR_INVALIDOBJECT on the 6800 using both ports on the card. Tried everything, span, clone. Must be a directx(running 9.0c 4.09.0000.0904) version problem. Used chokum 1.8.5, 1.12.0, 1.12.1. Out of ideas, help please!

Last edited by GoodOLBandit; 10/26/09 01:54 PM.
#2888655 - 10/27/09 08:05 AM Re: Problem Exporting MFD [Re: GoodOLBandit]  
questeryeh Offline
questeryeh  Offline

I got the same question here so I follow GoodOLBandit's topic.:P

I would like to export the MFD image into my 2 usb-powered 7 inch monitor,how do I do this in 1.2.1 ?

I'd try modify the .ini and keep getting CTD with a error message.

I'd check the achieve of cockpi ideas and get confusing by all of the informations...too much of them.
Need a simple and clear instruction here.:P

#2888670 - 10/27/09 09:04 AM Re: Problem Exporting MFD [Re: questeryeh]  
arneh Offline
arneh  Offline

Oslo, Norway
Well, I'm afraid checking the archive is your best option. I at least have never tried it, and didn't implement it, so I don't know how it's supposed to work. So unless you can get the original implementor to explain (and I can't remember who it was, though don't think he's active here anymore), then searching the archives is probably your best option.

#2888765 - 10/27/09 01:48 PM Re: Problem Exporting MFD [Re: arneh]  
_mue Offline
_mue  Offline

Hi!
I'm the programmer of the mfd export feature. I still read this forum from time to time.
I haven't played eech in a while and i didn't have the latest version installed, so i can't
test it myself if the mfd export in the latest version still works.

I try to remember the requirements for running mfd export:

1. Eech has to run in full screen mode.
2. Both monitors/adapters have to be configured in dualview mode. Not in clone mode!
If you click on Start->Control Panel->Display Properties->Settings->Identify
both screens should show different numbers.
(These numbers have nothing to do with the number in export_mfd_adapter=n. Here you have
to try the numbers (0,1,2,3,...) until it works.)
3. The defined mfd export screen resolution has to be supported by the export monitor

The best way to configure the screens is:
-set monitors in dualview mode
First configure the main screen:
-delete game.cfg
-run eech with mfdexport disabled
-configure the main screen in the game options menu
-quit eech

-enable mfdexport and set mfd_export_adapter=0
-run eech
If the game crashes (hangs or shows error message) then try mfd_export_adapter=1 (2,3,..)

Mfd export should also work with different (mixed) graphic cards, e.g. the main screen is
on one card and the mfds on the other card. But both mfds can only be displayed on the same
card. It is not possible to put one mfd on one card and the second mfd on the other card.

Hope that helps.

#2888778 - 10/27/09 02:26 PM Re: Problem Exporting MFD [Re: _mue]  
arneh Offline
arneh  Offline

Oslo, Norway
Thanks! I added the information to the wiki, so we have it available for next time someone wants to know: http://www.eechcentral.com/wiki/index.php?title=MFD_Export

#2889163 - 10/28/09 12:25 AM Re: Problem Exporting MFD [Re: arneh]  
GoodOLBandit Offline
GoodOLBandit  Offline

Thanks alot, it worked thanks to the step by step. First read I thought you said span mode so I uninstalled the omega drivers I've been playing with (don't support span mode) for the ati 2400. The 6800 just had to many years on it.

Then I found out you meant by what you meant by what you said! Updated drivers and followed the steps... saw the mfd (for some reason it switched primary display on me). Get into game and all textures are missing but got the mfd working!

Now time to go get those textures working. Textures work in FalconAF.

UPDATE! Just reinstalled modpack. Good to go! Any good place to start to get into cockpit building? Cobra and Blackhawk cockpits in eech get me excited!

Last edited by GoodOLBandit; 10/28/09 01:09 AM.
#2889350 - 10/28/09 08:54 AM Re: Problem Exporting MFD [Re: _mue]  
GrizzlyT Offline
GrizzlyT  Offline

Sterling Heights, Michigan
_mue - Thanks for the info. A few follow-up questions, if you could? confused

Originally Posted By: _mue
...The defined mfd export screen resolution has to be supported by the export monitor...

- It just has to support it, or do both the .ini and the adapter have to be set to the same values?
- How does that affect the size of the MFDs?
- What is the native size of each MFD?
- Will they get scaled up or down in size, as the resolution changes?
- Do I need to stick to 4:3 resolutions, to keep them from stretching?

It is not possible to put one mfd on one card and the second mfd on the other card.

I know DickDastardly was successful with using MaxiVista, to export the MFD data to another PC's adapter.
MaxiVista allows for multiple PCs/laptops to be networked together to provide extra desktop space.
It can be setup to have more than one display spanned together, as a single secondary...where the primary PC thinks that all of them are just one secondary display.

So, theoretically couldn't you....
Setup the primary PC...configure two displays on the 2nd PC to span via MaxiVista...export the MFDs to what it thinks is a single secondary display...then just alter the positions of the MFDs, to get them where you want on the two secondary displays???

Grizzly's Comanche Simulator
"Fear is the mind killer. - Frank Herbert"
#2889367 - 10/28/09 10:15 AM Re: Problem Exporting MFD [Re: GrizzlyT]  
_mue Offline
_mue  Offline

Originally Posted By: GrizzlyT
_mue - Thanks for the info. A few follow-up questions, if you could? confused

...The defined mfd export screen resolution has to be supported by the export monitor...

- It just has to support it, or do both the .ini and the adapter have to be set to the same values?
- How does that affect the size of the MFDs?
- What is the native size of each MFD?
- Will they get scaled up or down in size, as the resolution changes?
- Do I need to stick to 4:3 resolutions, to keep them from stretching?

The resolution of the export display will be set/changed by the game to the in eech.ini defined values. So it shouldnt matter which resolution is set in the os control panel previously.
The native size of the mfds is 256x256 but the position and size of the exported mfds you can define with export_mfd_[left|right|single]_pos. There is no need to stick to 4:3 resolutions.

Originally Posted By: GrizzlyT

It is not possible to put one mfd on one card and the second mfd on the other card.

I know DickDastardly was successful with using MaxiVista, to export the MFD data to another PC's adapter.
MaxiVista allows for multiple PCs/laptops to be networked together to provide extra desktop space.
It can be setup to have more than one display spanned together, as a single secondary...where the primary PC thinks that all of them are just one secondary display.

So, theoretically couldn't you....
Setup the primary PC...configure two displays on the 2nd PC to span via MaxiVista...export the MFDs to what it thinks is a single secondary display...then just alter the positions of the MFDs, to get them where you want on the two secondary displays???

Yes, it should work.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.