Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#2886412 - 10/23/09 07:43 PM Re: Camel & DR I confirmed - with pictures in 1.008 [Re: RocketDog]  
Hellbender Offline
Hellbender  Offline

Grimbergen, Belgium
*faints*

Hours later...

HOLY BLEEPING BLEEP!!

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2886414 - 10/23/09 07:49 PM Re: Camel & DR I confirmed - with pictures in 1.008 [Re: RocketDog]  
777 Studios - Jason Offline
777 Studios - Jason  Offline

Southern California or Moscow
Yes, a majority means over 50%. What you see here on the forums is a warped sense of reality, because the complaints are harped on over and over and over again by usually the same people. It makes it feel like the majority of users hate the sim or certain aspects of the sim. There is no evidence either way what the majority really thinks because not all customers chime in to say whay they feel.

For instance, I get emails all the time saying how much they like it and then I come here and get depressed and feel like we completely blew it.

What the dev does is they listen to the communities commetns and then they test for themselves to see if they are on to something. If it is clear it tot them that it detracts in some way they fix it.

As far as what the true majority feels or experiences, it's impossible to say exactly. But I guess on the internet you can say you speak for the majority at anytime and no one can really prove you wrong one way or another. Gotta love the internet because everything said on the internet is true right? LOL.

The sniper AI has been addressed. This has plagued many a flight-sim and tweaking it is par for the course.

They have also worked hard to fix the "stutters", but even there you have some murkyness, because what I see listed here as a "stutter" I call a "hiccup". I hate micro-stutters of the graphical kind. That's my beef. A random brief pause caused by loading a texture is not a big deal to me and I don't seem t experience them like others here. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Jason

#2886418 - 10/23/09 07:53 PM Re: Camel & DR I confirmed - with pictures in 1.008 [Re: womenfly2]  

Originally Posted By: womenfly2
Originally Posted By: 777 Studios - Jason
I'll have videos of each for Monday.

Jason

.... you big tease! popcorn

Thanks J.

Watch it WF2. I'm single again. Don't like to tease. :-)

Jaon

#2886424 - 10/23/09 08:04 PM Re: Camel & DR I confirmed - with pictures in 1.008 [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
WWBrian Offline
WWBrian  Offline

Yeah WF2, he likes to tease with video...

...why, I remember a time when we were......*edited out for NDA*

...and I've YET to see the video!

hahaha

jus' teasin' Jas' WinkNGrin

WingWalker (virtual) Combat Squadron

Intel i7 980X @3.8 GHz | ASUS P6X58D Premium | Antec 1200w PSU | 12GB 1600Mhz RAM
SLI - 2x eVGA GTX 580 3072MB vRAM | Dell 3007WFP 30" + 2x Dell 2007FP 20" @ 5388x1600 res.
Corsair Force GT 240GB SSD - O/S drive | Corsair Force 60GB SSD - ROF drive
WD VelociRaptor 300GB - Game drive | WD Black 1TB - Storage drive
CH HOTAS and TrackIR 5 +TCP | Realtek on-board sound | Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

#2886426 - 10/23/09 08:08 PM Re: Camel & DR I confirmed - with pictures in 1.008 [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
RocketDog Offline
RocketDog  Offline

Bath, England
For instance, I get emails all the time saying how much they like it and then I come here and get depressed and feel like we completely blew it.

I wouldn't take forums like this too seriously. There are some thoughtful posters here with useful, constructive things to say, but there are also some who are really only just looking for a chance to be indignant over something. The sniper AI is a good example. It was introduced by accident in the last patch and the devs have said they will fix it in 1.008, due out next week. Total duration of dodgy AI = about four weeks. Even then, it didn't stop me enjoying RoF. It just terminated a few of my flights earlier than I expected. Not exactly the life-wrecking outrage some suggest.

Good parallel - I'm the head of a university dept in the UK (yes, really). Tonight I've just read some student comments in a questionnaire which make it sound like we have totally failed the undergraduates - everything is terrible. Yet in the UK National Student Survey, we have 95% of students saying they are satisfied or very satisfied with the course. It's always a mistake to confuse a vocal opinion with a majority one.

Any chance we can talk about the Dr I now, please?

Cheers,

RD.

Beyond gliding distance
#2886427 - 10/23/09 08:08 PM Re: Camel & DR I confirmed - with pictures in 1.008 [Re: dreidecker]  
DoolittleRaider Offline
DoolittleRaider  Offline

So...these two wonderful looking new aircraft are coming free with the patch??? That is quite an unexpected treat! Good for neoqb!!! thumbsup

#2886428 - 10/23/09 08:09 PM Re: Camel & DR I confirmed - with pictures in 1.008 [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
womenfly2 Offline
womenfly2  Offline

NH
Originally Posted By: womenfly2
I'll have videos of each for Monday.

Jason

.... you big tease! popcorn

Thanks J.

Watch it WF2. I'm single again. Don't like to tease. :-)

Jaon

Hummmmmm .......

Gateway FX7026 Quad core 2.5GHz, 7.1 Audio, 8 gig ram
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Bose Champion-5 sound system
Samsung 2493HM LCD 24" monitor
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 250 w/ 1 GB GDDR3.
Direct X10
In the process of building a full size J3 Piper Cub! .. the L-4 version.
#2886429 - 10/23/09 08:09 PM Re: Camel & DR I confirmed - with pictures in 1.008 [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
MattM Offline
MattM  Offline

They have also worked hard to fix the "stutters", but even there you have some murkyness, because what I see listed here as a "stutter" I call a "hiccup".

I know, many people who experience stutters just have slowdowns (probably caused by trashy system). But then again, some people do have really strange stutters caused only by ROF in certain situations (on my comp, they only exist in clear sky maps) and those stutters can only be fixed by NeoQb.

Anyway, it's good to hear that they tried to fix that. Also that brief pause if a plane comes into range is not really terrible or a game breaker for me at all, but it sure is unessary and could easily be fixed (by preloading planes and textures) and if the devs don't give us a reason why they don't wanna fix this, you have to wonder why. But maybe they've fixed this also (i heard something about a memory leak, they probably meant exactly this).

I hope the best for the coming update. And not a basher like some other people here, but i do expect that they improve ROF with the next update, because ROF has so much potential and i would love to keep supporting NeoQb.

#2886430 - 10/23/09 08:10 PM Re: Camel & DR I confirmed - with pictures in 1.008 [Re: DoolittleRaider]  
MattM Offline
MattM  Offline

Originally Posted By: DoolittleRaider
So...these two wonderful looking new aircraft are coming free with the patch??? That is quite an unexpected treat! Good for neoqb!!! thumbsup

Of course NOT..

#2886451 - 10/23/09 08:39 PM Re: Camel & DR I confirmed - with pictures in 1.008 [Re: MattM]  
WWBrian Offline
WWBrian  Offline

There are going to be SOOO MANY DR.Is and Camels in the servers, it's not funny! biggrin

Intel i7 980X @3.8 GHz | ASUS P6X58D Premium | Antec 1200w PSU | 12GB 1600Mhz RAM
SLI - 2x eVGA GTX 580 3072MB vRAM | Dell 3007WFP 30" + 2x Dell 2007FP 20" @ 5388x1600 res.

#2886465 - 10/23/09 09:08 PM Re: Camel & DR I confirmed - with pictures in 1.008 [Re: WWBrian]  
FlyRetired Offline
FlyRetired  Offline

Originally Posted By: WWBrian
There are going to be SOOO MANY DR.Is and Camels in the servers, it's not funny! biggrin

Yes, there's going to be quite a buzz (and lots more buzzing too). hahaha

#2886466 - 10/23/09 09:09 PM Re: Camel & DR I confirmed - with pictures in 1.008 [Re: WWBrian]  
BlueRaven Offline
Flight Instructor
BlueRaven  Offline
Flight Instructor

Oklahoma
Holy poop on a stick, those almost look real.

Enough of you limey fog breathers and your camels. Prepare to face the wrath of The Blue Raven swooping down onto your tail.... er I mean turning tightly out of your way.... in his shiny new DR1!

bananadancebananadancebananadancebananadance attack ar15 bananadancebananadancebananadancebananadance
God damned bananas!!!
#2886478 - 10/23/09 09:26 PM Re: Camel & DR I confirmed - with pictures in 1.008 [Re: DoolittleRaider]  

Originally Posted By: DoolittleRaider

No they are not free to fly, but the A.I. will be there as always for free.

Jason

#2886481 - 10/23/09 09:33 PM Re: Camel & DR I confirmed - with pictures in 1.008 [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
FlyRetired Offline
FlyRetired  Offline

LOL, maybe the US Air Force needs to make combat games now too, and give them away free.

Sorry, but no Fokkers included.

#2886482 - 10/23/09 09:34 PM Re: Camel & DR I confirmed - with pictures in 1.008 [Re: FlyRetired]  
WWBrian Offline
WWBrian  Offline

Originally Posted By: FlyRetired
Originally Posted By: WWBrian

Yes, there's going to be quite a buzz (and lots more buzzing too). hahaha

If Neoqb has the MvR skin for the DR.I, then ROF multiplayer is going to start looking an awful lot like Flyboys -- nutin' but red DR.Is everywhere! WinkNGrin

lol..I can see a Flyboys server...N17s and red DR1's only.... hahaha

#2886486 - 10/23/09 09:38 PM Re: Camel & DR I confirmed - with pictures in 1.008 [Re: WWBrian]  
FlyRetired Offline
FlyRetired  Offline

hehehe

Admin rules....will the real Red Baron please start smoking!

#2886493 - 10/23/09 09:47 PM Re: Camel & DR I confirmed - with pictures in 1.008 [Re: FlyRetired]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
AD, I keep reading about these "5 versus 2" campaign missions without any other enemies, but I'll be dipped if I can play any of them. All the campaign missions I've flown have had more than the two planes and the secondary targets on or near the waypoints to and from the objective.

Maybe the latest update improved the missions in the campaigns, or maybe it's a function of flying the NP17 campaign, but other stuff is in there (including trains and "extra" ground convoys).

In fact, I've taken to saving them, as they beg for replay:

http://www.darts-page.com/files/RoF_Campaign_Missions.zip

Just dump them in the data/missions folder of your RoF proggie folder.

The fickle Wheel of Fate can give one some unhistorical encounters (1918 planes in 1917), but invariably it's a kick in the pants to find one's flight of five Nieuports taking on four Pfalz and two Albs, all of which seem to start out higher than one's own flight!

I survived all these missions with kills on "full difficulty" minus the pre-warmed engine, so they're winnable. And difficult. Keep your head on a swivel and pay attention!

smile

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#2886506 - 10/23/09 10:02 PM Re: Camel & DR I confirmed - with pictures in 1.008 [Re: Dart]  
BlueRaven Offline
Flight Instructor
BlueRaven  Offline
Flight Instructor

Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: Dart
AD, I keep reading about these "5 versus 2" campaign missions without any other enemies, but I'll be dipped if I can play any of them. All the campaign missions I've flown have had more than the two planes and the secondary targets on or near the waypoints to and from the objective.

Maybe the latest update improved the missions in the campaigns, or maybe it's a function of flying the NP17 campaign, but other stuff is in there (including trains and "extra" ground convoys).

In fact, I've taken to saving them, as they beg for replay:

http://www.darts-page.com/files/RoF_Campaign_Missions.zip

Just dump them in the data/missions folder of your RoF proggie folder.

The fickle Wheel of Fate can give one some unhistorical encounters (1918 planes in 1917), but invariably it's a kick in the pants to find one's flight of five Nieuports taking on four Pfalz and two Albs, all of which seem to start out higher than one's own flight!

I survived all these missions with kills on "full difficulty" minus the pre-warmed engine, so they're winnable. And difficult. Keep your head on a swivel and pay attention!

smile

I haven' played the campaigns all that much, but I pretty much always had extra flights of planes, both friendly and enemy. Sometimes a furball would start, and more planes show up and enter it. I have also found at times there is too much ground activity going on along the front and I encounter slowdowns. These are on non ground attack missions too.

bananadancebananadancebananadancebananadance attack ar15 bananadancebananadancebananadancebananadance
God damned bananas!!!
#2886523 - 10/23/09 10:32 PM Re: Camel & DR I confirmed - with pictures in 1.008 [Re: BlueRaven]  
PatrickAWilson Offline
PatrickAWilson  Offline

Tx
I always liked Voss' DRI.

#2886536 - 10/23/09 10:46 PM Re: Camel & DR I confirmed - with pictures in 1.008 [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
HotTom Offline
HotTom  Offline

Phoenix, AZ, USA
2005AD,

I'm not sure what you mean by "Major Fixes". The sim works and I'm tired of the gloom and doom threads here.

A roadmap will be posted soon that will explain when some new features will come etc. A new feature is not a "fix".

Other than the stutters some people are complaining about, I don't see any show stopping "bugs" when I play with my friends.

I know people want certain new or different features like.

Replay
Dogfight Server
QMB
Manual for ME
Two-Seaters
RPG Elements in Campaign
Joystick Curves
Options available in Game
3rd Party Object Dev. SDK
etc..

All of this is being worked on. We're barely 120 days out from launch. neoqb has listened to forum posters, the publishers, beta testers and their own survey responses to formulate a plan for continued development. Some of this does not happen over night or in a couple weeks. The team is working very hard to give you what you want. If not already happy with your purchase and investment in ROF, your initial investment will be more than fulfilled in just a few more short months thanks to the hard work of the dev team.

Other sims go straight to vaporware. Others were DOA at launch, only to be saved by the community. Other sims were "ok" at launch and then re-launched and then improved over time to be a classic. Other sims are re-built every couple years and then re-sold for top dollar. ROF has not been abandoned by the developer, they are working hard to improve the already fun flying experience and they have listened closely to the community and are acting upon it.

Enjoy each new patch or feature that comes out, pick up a plane or two if so inclined and watch ROF mature and grow. If you own ROF, we pubs and the devs deeply appreciate your support and continued support.

Bottom line is that the "major fixes" I think 2500AD is referring too, takes time and they are on it.

More soon...

Jason

Jason, like you, "I'm tired of the gloom and doom threads here" but there is a reason they are here and you are among the reasons for them.

Folks, keep in mind when you read this, Jason is like the guy at the car lot selling this sim ("What can I do to get you to drive it home today?") and his interests are not exactly the same as "Joe Sim Player." His primary interest is greed (on which our entire capitalistic system is based and we can all see where that got us in the past year).

It isn't so much that "we're barely 120 days out from launch" (as Jason says) but the fact that most of this should have been working properly at launch (that's the part he doesn't say).

They (including Jason as the publisher) shudda been "on it" before they "released it."

Clearly many of these problems were identified during the initial beta testing and not resolved before RoF hit the market as a retail product.

Jason is just laying down a smoke screen here. He's telling you what he wants you to believe. Like any salesman, he's "your new best friend."

I sincerely hope what Jason is saying is correct and accurate ("they're working very hard..." "your initial investment will be more than fulfilled in just a few short weeks....") but my BS Alarm is going off at very high volume with every sentence I read. Somebody is laying it on waaaay too thick....

Granted, the Camel and the DR1 look beautiful.

But all of ROF's planes look beautiful and (mostly) fly beautifully.

That's the primary reason I stick around. I really enjoy the models. They are, IMO, the best ever in any flight sim.

But the game play? Pretty sad.

"All of this is being worked on...."

I'll believe it when I see it.

And if I do see it, I will say "Thank you."

But not quite yet.

HT

Last edited by HotTom; 10/23/09 10:50 PM.

Exceptional engineering...and a large hammer to make it fit!
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.