Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#2839413 - 08/12/09 01:53 AM Re: EECH 1.12.1 released [Re: FireBird_[WINE]]  
AMRAAM Offline
AMRAAM  Offline

Auckland, New Zealand
Cheers Firebird.

I shall test it tonight and let you know how I get on.

"Don't worry soldier, they can stitch those back on"

[Ord.] General AMRAAM, Commander in Chief
#2839524 - 08/12/09 07:20 AM Re: EECH 1.12.1 released [Re: AMRAAM]  
AMRAAM Offline
AMRAAM  Offline

Auckland, New Zealand
Right,

I can confirm that your "Firebird 1.12.0" build works fine. I have it running on the server now.

As soon as I changed from 1.12.2 to Firebird 1.12.0 connections resumed like "clockwork".

I had connections from internal and external clients, no problems. I even tested connecting to it with a "normal" 1.12.0 and that connection worked as well. So I would guess that there is nothing wrong with your build environment.

I will leave the Firebird 1.12.0 on the server for a couple of days to see if others can connect to it, and if it does anything strange, but it seems to be "okay".

#2839535 - 08/12/09 08:09 AM Re: EECH 1.12.1 released [Re: AMRAAM]  
FireBird_[WINE] Offline
FireBird_[WINE]  Offline

Thank you. I will look for changes in the code.

#2855178 - 09/05/09 01:06 PM Re: EECH 1.12.1 released [Re: AMRAAM]  
arneh Offline
arneh  Offline

Oslo, Norway
Originally Posted By: AMRAAM
Right,

I can confirm that your "Firebird 1.12.0" build works fine. I have it running on the server now.

As soon as I changed from 1.12.2 to Firebird 1.12.0 connections resumed like "clockwork".

Could you try setting cgs=1 in eech.ini, and see if it makes a difference (in 1.12.2)?

#2856442 - 09/07/09 06:37 PM Re: EECH 1.12.1 released [Re: arneh]  
mebey Offline
mebey  Offline

Hello guys. Just a quick question regarding the mi-24 for eech. I have installed and reinstalled a couple times and everything is perfect, except for the EO and antitank missles for the Hind. My system is less than a year old from ibuypower.com and I have the Saitek x45 HOTAS. Got the core game from gog.com and installed the patches. I can pull up the EO screen just fine but cannot slew the view. Also, I read where you can just let the WO pick the targets and engage using the "next/previous target" key. I can hear my WO name targets but I get no onscreen indication of a locked target. Even after he names a target and I switch to the tip-mounted missles, I still have the red light on indicating I cannot employ the weapon. Kinda sucks for me, because I rebought the game just to fly the hind. As I am sure you can imagine, waiting for tracers to erupt so you can fly into hell to use ffars is not the best way to use the platform. Makes SEAD missions . . . "interesting" to say the least.

Also, Is it possible to fly insertions with the hind? Since there is no longer a circle indicating where to land, is it practical to attempt these since before you had to be right on top of the spot?

Additionally, When I return to my starting airfield or FARP, how do I know where to land? After I land and complete the mission, I notice in the map view, my bird lifts off again and flies to the correct parking spot. Minor thing, but I hope there is a trick I don't know.

Sorry, more than one question, and none are quick. =\

#2856457 - 09/07/09 07:04 PM Re: EECH 1.12.1 released [Re: mebey]  
arneh Offline
arneh  Offline

Oslo, Norway
First, have you read http://www.eechcentral.com/wiki/index.php?title=Mi-24_weapons ?

Originally Posted By: mebey
I can pull up the EO screen just fine but cannot slew the view.

You must also select FLIR or LLLTV as targeting system. Use delete or end keys. And are you using realistic avionics (check the options menu)?

Quote:
Also, I read where you can just let the WO pick the targets and engage using the "next/previous target" key. I can hear my WO name targets but I get no onscreen indication of a locked target. Even after he names a target and I switch to the tip-mounted missles, I still have the red light on indicating I cannot employ the weapon.

If you're using co-pilot assist then there will be a cross over the target in the HUD (if it's in view), and an ID of the target. If you don't get that you've probably not selected a target.

If you do get that, then probably some launch parameters are not in order (e.g. may be outside of missile's constraints).

Quote:
Also, Is it possible to fly insertions with the hind? Since there is no longer a circle indicating where to land, is it practical to attempt these since before you had to be right on top of the spot?

It's harder to see where to land, but you have the waypoint pointer pointing to the spot, so when you see it's starting to move then you know you're about to pass the spot. May be useful to fly a circuit around it first to pinpoint it. You don't have to hit it exactly, within 100 meters or so is ok.

Quote:
When I return to my starting airfield or FARP, how do I know where to land?

Same way as finding insertion points, see where the waypoint pointer is pointing.

#2857034 - 09/08/09 07:00 PM Re: EECH 1.12.1 released [Re: arneh]  
mebey Offline
mebey  Offline

Yes. Was my 1st stop. =)

Quote:
You must also select FLIR or LLLTV as targeting system. Use delete or end keys. And are you using realistic avionics (check the options menu)?

I try to select these systems while piloting the hind and there seems to be no effect. I can only get the EO screen. I am realistic avionics as well. I have tried "easy" and "Hard" settings in this menue as well to no effect.

Quote:
If you're using co-pilot assist then there will be a cross over the target in the HUD (if it's in view), and an ID of the target. If you don't get that you've probably not selected a target.

If you do get that, then probably some launch parameters are not in order (e.g. may be outside of missile's constraints).

My WO states for example "SAM 12 o'clock 3 Kilometers". I will have the Wingtip missles selected and the SAM location dead centered in the HUD, but I get no change to the targeting cursor indicating it is being targeted. Also, the red light still shines brightly.

Quote:
It's harder to see where to land, but you have the waypoint pointer pointing to the spot, so when you see it's starting to move then you know you're about to pass the spot. May be useful to fly a circuit around it first to pinpoint it. You don't have to hit it exactly, within 100 meters or so is ok.
Same way as finding insertion points, see where the waypoint pointer is pointing.

So that is what that little dail is for? To be honest, I have probably navigated for about 10 or so mission hours using the upper right compass only. duh

Perhaps, if someone could just give me a rundown (key by key) they use to target and fire the Shtrum missles? My tests have so far been done by running the Georgia campaign close to the bottom of the list. One of the 2 CAS missions is a short hop and a two flight Hind group is selectable. The group retreats down the south road, so you have to hunt them down. If anyone has time of course. Also, I am running 12k x 10k resolution. That shouldn't affect anything though right?

Quote:
Firing Shturm missiles
The Shturm (NATO codename AT-6 Spiral) is a radio guided anti tank missile with a range of around 5 km. The Mi-24V, which is the model simulated in EECH, was the first Hind model capable of carrying this missile. The Ataka used on the Mi-28 is a further development of the Shturm.

The Shturm missiles is aimed with the EO system. So either use it yourself with PgDn and lock onto a target or ground point. Or cycle through the targets the co-pilot has discovered by using the next/previous target commands.

The HUD will show an aiming cross over the target/locked point if it's inside the HUDs view limits, and it will also show triangulated range to that point, like for the gun sight.

When you have a green ready light you can fire the Shturm missile. You can also fire if the range constraint is not met, since the range isn't accurate in any case. The missile requires continuous radio guidance, so keep the target locked until the missile hit (or miss). You can change target/aim point while the missile is in flight, and the missile will try its best to hit the new target

#2857160 - 09/08/09 11:26 PM Re: EECH 1.12.1 released [Re: mebey]  
arneh Offline
arneh  Offline

Oslo, Norway
Originally Posted By: mebey
Quote:

I try to select these systems while piloting the hind and there seems to be no effect. I can only get the EO screen.

You must do both (well technically you can target things from outside the EO screen, but you won't see what you're locking up, so it's not very useful smile )
So press first PgDn to select EO sight, then END to select LLLTV (or press DEL for FLIR) as active targeting system (check that the sight says LLLTV at the top left). Then move the sight with numpad 2, 4, 6 and 8 and lock up a target (or a point on the ground) with numpad enter.

Quote:
My WO states for example "SAM 12 o'clock 3 Kilometers".

When he says that it just means he has detected a target, not that he has locked it up. You still have to select a targeting system and cycle through targets to lock it up.

Quote:
So that is what that little dail is for? To be honest, I have probably navigated for about 10 or so mission hours using the upper right compass only. duh

Instruments are explained at http://www.eechcentral.com/wiki/index.php?title=Cockpit_instruments_Mi-24

#2857976 - 09/10/09 09:30 AM Re: EECH 1.12.1 released [Re: arneh]  
AMRAAM Offline
AMRAAM  Offline

Auckland, New Zealand
Sorry guys, been away. I am in the process of change the server to 1.12.2 now, will change the cgs setting Arneh and post what happens.

#2857977 - 09/10/09 09:49 AM Re: EECH 1.12.1 released [Re: AMRAAM]  
AMRAAM Offline
AMRAAM  Offline

Auckland, New Zealand
Right, well my dedicated server is running 1.12.2 and has the CGS=1 setting set. I have tested it and I can connect to it on the LAN. If people can confirm or deny that they can connect from the internet that would be grand. (I will run my own tests from work if I get time).

#2858333 - 09/10/09 09:19 PM Re: EECH 1.12.1 released [Re: AMRAAM]  
Colonel_Kurtz Offline
Colonel_Kurtz  Offline

Australia
Originally Posted By: AMRAAM
If people can confirm or deny that they can connect from the internet that would be grand

OK its all fixed, i just went straight in without issue smile

Note- Ive fiddled with that CGS parameter in the past and though it was invalid, or not nessessarily required anyhow. But it seems that its now a requirement for WAN multiplay. It might be worth updating the Wiki for future referance.

ps- glad this is sorted thx guys, now we just need the sound issued sorted out and this build should be relativly clean again.

#2858354 - 09/10/09 09:52 PM Re: EECH 1.12.1 released [Re: Colonel_Kurtz]  
arneh Offline
arneh  Offline

Oslo, Norway
Originally Posted By: Colonel_Kurtz
OK its all fixed, i just went straight in without issue smile

Great to hear!

Quote:
Note- Ive fiddled with that CGS parameter in the past and though it was invalid, or not nessessarily required anyhow. But it seems that its now a requirement for WAN multiplay. It might be worth updating the Wiki for future referance.

From what I figured out gcs in eech.ini was ignored previously, and it always used the on setting. With Firebird's rewrite of eech.ini reading it was actually using the value in eech.ini, and in eech.ini the default was for it to be off. Which apparently doesn't work very well.

So I guess the solution could be to change the default in eech.ini to on. Or just remove the setting entirely, since the off-setting apparently doesn't work.

#2858646 - 09/11/09 10:44 AM Re: EECH 1.12.1 released [Re: arneh]  
Colonel_Kurtz Offline
Colonel_Kurtz  Offline

Australia
Originally Posted By: arneh
Or just remove the setting entirely, since the off-setting apparently doesn't work.

Probably the best option. Or just have it "default ON" in the eech.ini

#2859476 - 09/12/09 06:00 PM Re: EECH 1.12.1 released [Re: Colonel_Kurtz]  
mebey Offline
mebey  Offline

Arneh, no problems with the hind now. You got me flying her right now. Thank you very much sir.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.