Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#2825211 - 07/23/09 03:30 PM "Settings" questions about different views.  
dietz Offline
dietz  Offline

Seattle
1.) In viewing my own aircraft there seem to be two options,the first is sort of closeup like with a wide angle lense,the other is a bit more distant as if shot with a bigger ,say 80mm lense.I can use the mouse wheel to come in closere on either one, but I am inable to find a keystroke that switches you from one option to another,but I have done so without knowing how I did it.In Il-2 its more clear.

2.) What keystroke command(s) allows me to cycle through allied and enemy planes?

3.) Are pilot head views in settings another way of saying "look right " or snap look right.I'd like to disable them so my hat buttons can be used for other functions( I have Track IR3...)
4.) Is there a sight telescope gunsight view? In Il-2 & in First Eagles there is a gunsight option that gives you about a 2X view thru the gunsight that really helps , but so far have not found it in RoF.

dietz
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2825221 - 07/23/09 03:37 PM Re: "Settings" questions about different views. [Re: dietz]  
Squid_Von_Torgar Offline
Squid_Von_Torgar  Offline

1) Sorry not sure what you mean by the two views. in my external view (key F2) you can zoom in and out with the mouse button, but ive not found another type of view.

2) Shift_F2 and Control_F2 will allow you to cylce through allied and enemy planes respectivly

3) I belive so, if you delete those settings always use the "save as" function so it you screw your imput map you can go back to the original

4) No there isnt a gunsight view as such (most of the planes dont even have a sight lol) I use the zoom function to provide me with a comparable effect though.

#2825423 - 07/23/09 07:58 PM Re: "Settings" questions about different views. [Re: Squid_Von_Torgar]  
DoolittleRaider Offline
DoolittleRaider  Offline

RoF has excellent TIR 6DOF...therefore, I'd recommend an investment into TIR 4 or TIR 5. The 6DOF Z-Axis (Forward-Backward) Zoom function will solve your Gunsight zoom requirement, and more naturally than an instantaneous key-press switch in views.

Also, the Up arrow and Down arrow give (can give) three levels of Zoom forward and back. I can't recall if I manually assigned those keys (from some original/default key assignments) in the RoF settings...probably I did. Works (as well as does the mouse)for your cockpit/gunsight and external views of your aircraft (or others).

As for external view of your and other aircraft, in RoF Settings for "Input"/"Camera Controls", there are key selection options for cam.ext.free: my plane and cam.ext.free: enemy air, cam.ext.free: friendly air, etc. Just assign a key or Joystick button of your own choice to each view. In-game, each application of your selected key/button will cycle you through views of each/every aircraft of that 'class', enemy , friendly, etc.

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.