Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2818135 - 07/14/09 08:55 PM Who is neoqb?  
Sunchaser Offline
Sunchaser  Offline

Houston, Tx.
http://www.neoqb.com/en/
Then:
http://www.neoqb.com/en/sphere/
Then:
http://www.kamaz.ru/en/company/about

Oh yeah, these guys too:
http://www.det-mir.ru/cntnt/english/company_in.html

and, way down in the basement slaving away in abject poverty, these guys:
http://riseofflight.com/?lang=en-US

I think they may have more support than some would have us believe.

I am not trying to start a row here but the: "a few poor guys struggling to bring us the next best thing while operating on a shostring and oh how fabulous that is indeed, let's buy anything they toss our way." posts have driven me to the above madness.

Defense of their online requirements have been mostly based on the loss of funds to pirates that a struggling young company simply cannot absorb.

One major reason to buy now has been, if we do not support them with our purchase thay may go under.

With "the largest automobile corporation of the Russian Federation." and "one of the largest world children’s goods retail." providers on their side I think they may be able to struggle through so maybe there could be a bit less "starving artist" sympathy.

It sure is a pretty game though.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2818163 - 07/14/09 09:25 PM Re: Who is neoqb? [Re: Sunchaser]  
Catfish Offline
Catfish  Offline

Where the ocean meets the sky
Oops - is all this really the same NeoQB eek

#2818168 - 07/14/09 09:35 PM Re: Who is neoqb? [Re: Catfish]  
Brummer Offline
Brummer  Offline

somwhere in the Ruhr valley
The fact that they were hired by them, does not mean that they are constantly supported by them.

#2818306 - 07/14/09 09:47 PM Re: Who is neoqb? [Re: Brummer]  
Dunkers Offline
Dunkers  Offline

England
Errr right. So Neoqb have other clients and aren't just a WWI sim developer. Manchester City are buying some of the best players in the world but aren't too likely to actually win anything.

Btw, I'm pretty sure that Neoqb never said or implied this:
Quote:
One major reason to buy now has been, if we do not support them with our purchase thay may go under.

I love a good conspiracy theory but this certainly isn't one of them.

cheers

Once upon a time there was dunkelgrun...
#2818384 - 07/14/09 10:14 PM Re: Who is neoqb? [Re: Dunkers]  
Sunchaser Offline
Sunchaser  Offline

Houston, Tx.
Originally Posted By: dunkelgrun
Errr right. So Neoqb have other clients and aren't just a WWI sim developer. Manchester City are buying some of the best players in the world but aren't too likely to actually win anything.

Btw, I'm pretty sure that Neoqb never said or implied this:
Quote:

I love a good conspiracy theory but this certainly isn't one of them.

cheers

I do not believe the sentence you quoted begins with "Neoqb said or implied...."

Many supporters and even some not so supportive but avid WWI fans have used the "if we do not support" argument to justify buying what some consider an incomplete offering though, so what's the problem with some clarification?

#2818392 - 07/14/09 10:27 PM Re: Who is neoqb? [Re: Sunchaser]  
sdflyer Offline
sdflyer  Offline

SoCal
Originally Posted By: Sunchaser

With "the largest automobile corporation of the Russian Federation." and "one of the largest world children’s goods retail." providers on their side I think they may be able to struggle through so maybe there could be a bit less "starving artist" sympathy.

OMG seehearspeak

Work hard, flight right

My "flying machine" specs:
Motherboard: Intel DX58SO | Core i7 | X58 Chipset | Socket LGA1366 | Supports SLI & CrossFire Only
Processor: Intel Core i7-940 2.93GHz Socket LGA 1366 Nehalem 8MB CPU
Memory 1: 3GB (3x1GB) OCZ DDR3-1333 Platinum Low Voltage Triple Channel (7-7-7-20 @ 1.65v)
Video Adapter 1: Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT PCI-Express 512MB
#2818393 - 07/14/09 10:28 PM Re: Who is neoqb? [Re: Sunchaser]  
NattyIced Offline
NattyIced  Offline

You seem bitter. Perhaps you shouldn't care until it becomes more complete and you may decide to spend your money on it then?

I mean, it's not like other corporations have taken on smaller companies that produced a certain item and then gave them the axe when the return on their investment wasn't realized. Never happened before.

#2818394 - 07/14/09 10:28 PM Re: Who is neoqb? [Re: Sunchaser]  
Double_Tap Offline
Double_Tap  Offline

Sunshine Coast, Australia
Whether or not Neoqb is a multinational blood-sucking conglomerate or a nickel and dime corner store does not matter one jot. If they make a profit, then it will flourish. It if makes a loss, no more flight sim.

*Insert conspiracy theory of choice.*

Gigabyte GA-Z77X UDH-3, i7 2600K, 16GB Corsair Dominator DDR3, GeForce GTX 680 2GB.
Saitek Rudder Pedals
Cougar Hotas #08970 U2 #20
Thrustmaster Warthog
TrackIr 4 Pro
Windows 7 64 bit
#2818412 - 07/14/09 11:17 PM Re: Who is neoqb? [Re: Double_Tap]  
Toadvine Offline
Toadvine  Offline

Seattle
Originally Posted By: No5_Double_Tap
Whether or not Neoqb is a multinational blood-sucking conglomerate or a nickel and dime corner store does not matter one jot. If they make a profit, then it will flourish. It if makes a loss, no more flight sim.

This is true. No company is too big to fail nor too small to succeed.

#2818416 - 07/14/09 11:23 PM Re: Who is neoqb? [Re: Sunchaser]  
Rama Offline
Rama  Offline

Toulouse France

I remember you one part of last neoqb statement "Flight-simulations are a dying genre in PC gaming and the reasons are pretty obvious to the community. Our approach is not meant to offend, nor is it rooted in greed, it is simply a survival strategy. We hope you understand, even if you disagree with this approach."

So... do you think Ivanov is a lier (and a crook) ?

Whatever the founding company, there's a dev group behind RoF, that started the development under "Genadish" name, then had to find other founding.... and if the return on invest doesn't show, you can bet on the end of RoF... you wont loose...

Do you remember what happened recently to a development studio, that had a long and succesfull history behing, and that was founded by the largest software company in the world???... you know, the studio that developped the FS serie...

#2818440 - 07/15/09 12:09 AM Re: Who is neoqb? [Re: Rama]  
wickedpenguin Offline
wickedpenguin  Offline

Pensacola, FL
I'd like to bring your attention a little sim called Microsoft Flight Simulator. If you recall, the ACES studio was shut down earlier this year, even though MS' revenue is in the billions.

When big companies choose to downsize in a struggling economy, they need to trim the fat. Unfortunately, niche entertainment products are pretty high in calories. Just because Neoqb may be owned by a large corporation doesn't it'll stay in business if it's unprofitable.

My Aviation and ATC blog: The Flying Penguin
My Music: Escape the Clouds
#2818456 - 07/15/09 12:37 AM Re: Who is neoqb? [Re: Sunchaser]  
piper Offline
Veteran
piper  Offline
Veteran

Raleigh,NC

I am not trying to start a row here but the: "a few poor guys struggling to bring us the next best thing while operating on a shostring and oh how fabulous that is indeed, let's buy anything they toss our way." posts have driven me to the above madness.

Get a life man... I know from experience how quickly a flight sim can be pulled from development.

You either want a high fidelity WWI flightsim, or your post crap like that.

#2818467 - 07/15/09 01:04 AM Re: Who is neoqb? [Re: piper]  
Inrptrn Offline
Inrptrn  Offline

Alaska
Guys, they are clearly crooks, we have all been had.
I think everyone should just stop playing and send me your copies of RoF and I will take it from here.

Thank you and have a nice day.

#2818485 - 07/15/09 02:00 AM Re: Who is neoqb? [Re: Inrptrn]  
Sunchaser Offline
Sunchaser  Offline

Houston, Tx.
"Get a life man" and "You either want a high fidelity WWI flightsim, or your post crap like that."

Good ones, Piper....well, not really but ya tried, eh?

wickedpenguin,
It is true indeed that "Just because Neoqb may be owned by a large corporation doesn't it'll stay in business if it's unprofitable"

But if owned by said large corporation, it also follows that they may not be poverty stricken about to fold entity that deserve support based largely on that premise, which is a good part of the arguments pro ROF, right?

Look, no one called anyone crooks, I just posted info gathered from the link on the ROF homepage that may indicate that ROF is possibly not the poor stepchild of the flightsim world as put forth by some supporters as a reason to buy their stuff.

#2818489 - 07/15/09 02:15 AM Re: Who is neoqb? [Re: Sunchaser]  
Ark Offline
Cat Herder
Ark  Offline
Cat Herder

Fresno, CA.
"..one of the largest world children s goods retail."

If the RoF Neoqb was the same exact entity or had the full support of the groups you mentioned, I seriously doubt they would be having a tough time setting up an online shop.

Sounds a little far-fetched, IMO.

In the end though, if it is the same people...who really cares?

I base my judgements on the product and support of the developers/team at hand, not how successful they are in other markets. smile

Ark

Windows 7 x64
Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
Core i7 920 @ 4.0
6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
Evga GTX 680 Classified
SB X-FI Fatality
640GB WD "Black"
1GB WD "Black"
LG 39" LCD / Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer H233H 23" LCD

RIP Positive G
#2818520 - 07/15/09 03:23 AM Re: Who is neoqb? [Re: Ark]  
catch Offline
catch  Offline

QLD, Australia

I'm a WW1 air war nut and early aviation enthusiast. I choose to support the neglected WW1 flight sim genre regardless of the developer's finances or lack thereof and I'm happy to do so because it's a niche market and feeds my hobby.

As for stoopid conspiracy theories based on ... wait for it .... info on the internet ! .... proves there is a non-discerning sucker born every minute.

#2818547 - 07/15/09 04:08 AM Re: Who is neoqb? [Re: Sunchaser]  
pixelbaron Offline
pixelbaron  Offline

Florida
Their website lists both those groups as clients under Movies/TV, which would suggest to me Neoqb probably did some television commercial work for them in some capacity.

That doesn't mean that both these groups own them or are paying for all their expenses, doing business with them might have netted them some money to continue development on Rise of Flight, and who knows how long ago that was, but insinuating that both groups are funding them is only wild speculation on your part.

#2818676 - 07/15/09 08:47 AM Re: Who is neoqb? [Re: pixelbaron]  
Ming_EAF19 Offline
Babelfish Immune
Ming_EAF19  Offline
Babelfish Immune
Veteran

London
Neocube, see the big-clue cube there

Like we call Rasputin Rasputin not whatever her name was in Russian

Creative marketing can come up with stuff about quantum bits after the fact but a quantum is not an object or a bit it is a quantity or an idea

We already are running quantum computers or they wouldn't work, tunneling magic

Ming

'You are either a hater or you are not' Roman Halter
#2818687 - 07/15/09 09:29 AM Re: Who is neoqb? [Re: Ming_EAF19]  
Freycinet Offline
Veteran
Freycinet  Offline
Veteran

Whoa, the haters of this sim are really beginning to grab at straws now...

My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
#2818690 - 07/15/09 09:40 AM Re: Who is neoqb? [Re: Rama]  
Cas141 Offline
Cas141  Offline

Northern hemisphere
Originally Posted By: Rama
[

Whatever the founding company, there's a dev group behind RoF, that started the development under "Genadish" name, then had to find other founding.... and if the return on invest doesn't show, you can bet on the end of RoF... you wont loose...

Do you remember what happened recently to a development studio, that had a long and succesfull history behing, and that was founded by the largest software company in the world???... you know, the studio that developped the FS serie...

Yes, I remember- but I can still play FSX and FS2004- Can't I?

But you won't be playing ROF if Neoqb goes the way of " you know, the studio that developed the FS serie..."

Mankind's problem is not failing to know the difference between right and wrong; - It is failing to know the difference between different and wrong
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.