Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#2816248 - 07/12/09 03:11 PM Re: ATTENTION all RoF fanboys!!!!! *** [Re: J5_Rumey]  
Pooch Offline
Hotshot
Pooch  Offline
Hotshot

Orlando, FL
You know, I think I'm going to do this, too. I'm going to take time out of my day, and go on to all the gaming forums I don't liked, and tell them how much I hate them.

"From our orbital vantage point, we observe an earth without borders, full of peace, beauty and magnificence, and we pray that humanity as a whole can imagine a borderless world as we see it, and strive to live as one in peace."
Astronaut William C. McCool RIP, January 29, 2003 - Space Shuttle Columbia

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2816275 - 07/12/09 04:00 PM Re: ATTENTION all RoF fanboys!!!!! [Re: J5_Rumey]  
heady89 Offline
heady89  Offline

Sweden
Ignore function here i come..it's funny how you've to be a fanboy just to like RoF. I mean i used to fly IL2 for a very long time before, but finally there is something fresh and new out there.. i mean IL2 ain't even got a in game server browser something that for sure scared many online players away from even bothering with 3rd party tools.

<3 IL2
<3 RoF
<3 DCS

Spread the luuv we're not a big market.. and nothing is perfect not even SoW: BOB..

Last edited by heady89; 07/12/09 06:12 PM.

Specifications;
Intel I7 950 3,1 GHZ
4890 OC 900mhz 1GB DDR5
6084 MB DDR3 PC8200 RAM
Saitek X52 , Track IR 5 , F!tality Headset
#2816318 - 07/12/09 05:11 PM Re: ATTENTION all RoF fanboys!!!!! [Re: 20mm]  
KillerAnts Offline
KillerAnts  Offline

Brazil
Originally Posted By: 20mm
Originally Posted By: Alexi_Alx_Anova
Originally Posted By: Smosh
Wow, my first use of the Ignore function.

Please tell me where this is and/or how to use it. I have a life, this guy doesn't, so I'd like to save some of my life from being eaten up by this cr@p.

Click on the member's name, then View Profile. Then Ignore this user.

Fantastic gadget!

Now, you guys, stop quoting him, I don't want to read that on my screen tuner

#2816324 - 07/12/09 05:16 PM Re: ATTENTION all RoF fanboys!!!!! [Re: heady89]  
Brigstock Offline
Brigstock  Offline

London, England
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, however the thread title is a little on the insulting. From the title and the post I get the feeling that Dolittleraider not only dislikes the game but also dislikes anyone who likes it too.

#2816326 - 07/12/09 05:20 PM Re: ATTENTION all RoF fanboys!!!!! [Re: J5_Rumey]  
MJMORROW Offline
NEWGUY
MJMORROW  Offline
NEWGUY

DoolittleRaider,
I hope that DF will reconsider his position. The sim has great potential and will be continuously improved. For now, the included missions are good, new missions are on the way, and flying against human opponents online is fun and down right challenging. The ROF team included four very awesome a/c, in the release, and we are about to get the SE5a. Imagine how cool it will be when the Camel and DR 1 are released or when we start flying missions online? It is going to be a really good experience and I hope that you will be part of that experience.
MJ

p.s. Can someone post the Flyboys (Fanboys) spoof movie poster? I love that picture, I want it for my Myspace site.

Last edited by MJMORROW; 07/12/09 05:35 PM.

Instead of complaining about SPAD 7s, Central pilots should capture and fly them too. I suggest putting an apple in the middle of your Aerodrome field and just wait. Eventually a SPAD 7 will come by to get the apple, cause SPADS can't resist apples. This is how the Entente gets a hold of SPAD 7s, m-kay?
-MJ Morrow
#2816342 - 07/12/09 05:53 PM Re: ATTENTION all RoF fanboys!!!!! [Re: Inrptrn]  
commorange Offline
commorange  Offline

Troy, OH
Originally Posted By: Inrptrn
Originally Posted By: DoolittleRaider
ATTENTION all RoF fanboys!!!!!

what game are you a "fanboy" of? let me guess...judging by your vocabulary...world of warcraft?

Come on now, does being called a "fan boy" really bother you? If that was the worst thing I have ever been called I would be the luckiest person in the world. His post may have been a little rude, even a "troll post" but I doubt if there would be any comments about spelling or vocabulary if someone does it in a "happy user" post.

my system: Intel Core I7 920 @ 3570ghz
Asus P6T MB
6 GB OCZ DDR3 RAM , dram freq 680 mhz, NB freq 2720 mhz
Radeon HD 4870 w/ 1 Gb vram
OS.. Windows 7 professional 64 bit
WD 2 TB hard disk drive etc.

#2816347 - 07/12/09 06:04 PM Re: ATTENTION all RoF fanboys!!!!! [Re: Squid_Von_Torgar]  
commorange Offline
commorange  Offline

Troy, OH
Originally Posted By: Squid_Von_Torgar
I appreciate your frustrations, but have you read the Neoqp Mission Statement?

Yes the game was released containing some "Bugs" and without certain features. But Neoqp have suffiecently explained their reasons for doing so, and I for one would rather have the sim now in its present state, rather than wait another couple of months.

Games these days do go through a patching process, and ROF has already had a minor update.

Not to mention the gift of two planes as a gesture from Neoqb.

I have confidence that ROF will only improve and given the amount of enjoyment its given me, i am glad i opted to become an early customer.

Good points. I too was encouraged by the Neoqp mission statement. As another poster pointed out and I agree, I dont know if I have ever seen such a reaching out to the flight
Sim community. They seem excited and enthusiastic dont they? Which makes me excited about this game called Rise of Flight. Smash

Last edited by flakwagon; 07/12/09 06:06 PM.

my system: Intel Core I7 920 @ 3570ghz
Asus P6T MB
6 GB OCZ DDR3 RAM , dram freq 680 mhz, NB freq 2720 mhz
Radeon HD 4870 w/ 1 Gb vram
OS.. Windows 7 professional 64 bit
WD 2 TB hard disk drive etc.

#2816397 - 07/12/09 07:10 PM Re: ATTENTION all RoF fanboys!!!!! [Re: commorange]  
Sunchaser Offline
Sunchaser  Offline

Houston, Tx.
DoolittleRaider was properly told to relax by guod, so where is the admonition for this from Feathered_IV? :

"Damn! You're right.

I tell you, I've had it with this DoolittleRaider Addon for the SimHQ forums. What a waste of time! None of it's features work properly. It's broken!

* It only plays one tune.

* It doesn't generate a proper bug report

* The spelling in it's Campaign mode is awful

* It demands that you give it your information

What a crap product! I no longer support this DoolittleRaider thing. It's a sham. A hopeless makeshift with no sense of immersion, no soul and no credibility. It's two original pruducers should be sent to jail."

I realize this is the ROF forum and the game should be celebrated here but problems need to be recognised also.

One problem seems to be the trigger for mod intervention. Negative reactions, whether rationally or irrationally stated get pounced upon quicker than positive.

One other thing I discovered looking back through these posts, admin called out time on site fouls on some ROF detractors but made no such distinction for cheerleaders of ROF.

flakwagon, I counter your encouragement over the neoqb mission statement with my belief that neoqb saw blood gushing and applied a tourniquet.

As far as the "ignore" feature, it is a good thing at times but sometimes its use might be compared to that "see no evil" monkey.

I have actually taken people off ignore in some instances just to see what they think on a certain subject.

#2816416 - 07/12/09 07:43 PM Re: ATTENTION all RoF fanboys!!!!! [Re: Sunchaser]  
Wklink Offline
Permanent Latrine Orderly
Wklink  Offline
Permanent Latrine Orderly
Hotshot

Olympia, Washington
The problem that I have with DR is his tone.

I can't stand anyone who jumps up and down slamming a game and insulting people here that enjoy it.

99% of the players here admit there are problems with this game. Guess what, every other game out there has its problems too. Some bugs get fixed, some are dealt with.

DR, if you want a constructive discussion of the merits of the game then discuss it. Enough of the personal attacks on people who actually like the game.

Thread closed.

The artist formerly known as SimHq Tom Cofield
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.