Post deleted by Sparverius

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2760132 - 02/23/07 01:28 AM Re: Trailer out! [Re: ricnunes]  
Dusty Rhodes Offline
Hard, Fair, Play to WIN
Dusty Rhodes  Offline
Hard, Fair, Play to WIN

Southern Oregon
Ric I am trying really hard to understand your point about yanking the C in EECH. Unfortunately after sweating, squinting my eyes, hitting my head with my desk, I still come to the same conclusion.....The Commanche IS the game, hence the C in EECH. A more valid point on your part would be that you would have rather seen them upgrade the A in EEAH. I can't understand how you pull the subject matter out of the game and still call it EE.........C........H2?

Dusty Rhodes

Fight Fair! Fight to have fun! Fight to WIN!

Win 7 Pro, Intel i7 4790K OC'd to 4.6 Gigs, EVGA GTX Titan 6 GB Memory and ASUS GTX Titan 6 GB Memory, 32 Gigs Tri Channel Ballistix RAM, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and HOTAS Cougar, TrackIR 5, Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals
#2760133 - 02/23/07 03:03 AM Re: Trailer out! [Re: Sparverius]  
Corsair8X Offline
Dagestan, Dover, DMZ
Corsair8X  Offline
Dagestan, Dover, DMZ

Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: Sparverius
Speaking of Have Blue... ever played the classic Microprose F-19? A lot less rivet counting in those days ;). And boy did they get the aircraft wrong...

But what a game. That was the first sim that I ever had where you could take off and land from an aircraft carrier - which was the principle reason I had for gettting it. That game reminded me a bit of a submarine. You flew around trying not to do too much sharp maneuovers and watched as a row of blue lights lit as you got less stealthy. It really felt like being in a U-Boat except you were over Murmansk.

Corsair8X

virtually making history 30mm at a time
#2760134 - 02/23/07 01:38 PM Re: Trailer out! [Re: Dusty Rhodes]  
ricnunes Offline
ricnunes  Offline

Portugal
Originally Posted By: Dusty Rhodes
Ric I am trying really hard to understand your point about yanking the C in EECH. Unfortunately after sweating, squinting my eyes, hitting my head with my desk, I still come to the same conclusion.....The Commanche IS the game, hence the C in EECH. A more valid point on your part would be that you would have rather seen them upgrade the A in EEAH. I can't understand how you pull the subject matter out of the game and still call it EE.........C........H2?

Err, isn't the game called EE2 (Enemy Engaged 2) instead of EECH2 (Enemy Engaged Comanche Hokum 2)?

#2760135 - 02/23/07 01:45 PM Re: Trailer out! [Re: ricnunes]  
ricnunes Offline
ricnunes  Offline

Portugal
Yes, F-19 was a great game at the time and I enjoyed it lot! At that time the F-19 was the design of a secret aircraft that was sought that the USAF posessed. Later it was known that this secret aircraft was in fact the F-117 which had a very diferent design.
Understandably after this was known, no other sims featuring the F-19 were ever made which makes sence and therefore I have this oppinion regarding the Comache in EE2.

#2760136 - 02/23/07 02:05 PM Re: Trailer out! [Re: Sparverius]  
Bard Offline
Bard  Offline

Victoria BC Canada
Originally Posted By: Sparverius
Speaking of Have Blue... ever played the classic Microprose F-19? A lot less rivet counting in those days ;). And boy did they get the aircraft wrong...

only in appearance - they were pretty much spot on as to how it would work ;\)

What WW2 Fighter pilots say about Angels and Airspeed:

"Nice job of getting down to the basics - love your choice of a cover!" Col. Clarence 'Bud' Anderson

"I have enjoyed reading angels and airspeed, it should prove good reading for all interested in combat tactics and their application related to the fluid air environment and state of technology in WWII years. All the best as you make it available." - Col. Charles McGee - Tuskegee Airman

NEVER ENGAGE STUPID.
#2760137 - 02/24/07 02:02 PM Re: Trailer out! [Re: Bard]  
Vikingo Offline
Vikingo  Offline

Argentina
I remember Microprose F-19 too, I use to play the AMIGA version... nice intro showing the plane from the side. Remember watching all the systems to stay stealth while I fly to hit SAM at Tripoli really love the screens with the radar ranges and yes, it was a flying submarine simulator LOL! great game indeed!

ps: come one! we don´t receive more screens or info about EE2 so we have to chat about other games... mmm time to have something new I think... thanks!

Last edited by Vikingo; 02/24/07 02:03 PM.

core2duo e6600
asrock 4coredual-vsta
EVGA 8800GT 512 MB
2 GB RAM DDR2
Sound Blaster Audigy
1 x 1 TB HD SATA
2 x 250GB HD IDE
#2760138 - 02/24/07 05:12 PM Re: Trailer out! [Re: ricnunes]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
shut up! you have no basis for your argument!if you dont like the comanche on it.dont buy it! and stop whining cos they didnt introduce cobra or apache.
if you do have eech with mods to play cobras and other planes,then you were playing with a fake pit, so all your realistic arguments are gone.
and like he meantioned, EECH series was based on a future battlefield where its helos would be enforced

#2760139 - 02/24/07 06:00 PM Re: Trailer out! [Re: Blade_RJ]  
ricnunes Offline
ricnunes  Offline

Portugal
Shut up?? As far as I know everyone is entitled to his/hers own oppinion and it wont be an idiot like you (judging from your post) that will keep me from posting my oppinions, if you don't like them fine, everyone as the right to disagree but ordering someone to shut up probably shows what kind of people you are!
And by the way, my argument is that I don't like the Comanche to be present in EE2 because it simply doesn't exist (except for a couple of prototypes). Secondly I would really like to know how you can claim that I fly Cobras in EECH?? Actually basically the only helo that I fly in EECH in the Apache which has an accurate pit and I don't fly helos such as Cobras, Hinds or Blackhawks for the simple reason that they don't have detailed cockpits so I guess you are the one that just missed the chance of being shut up and from posting ridiculous and false based statements!

#2760140 - 02/24/07 06:28 PM Re: Trailer out! [Re: ricnunes]  
Dusty Rhodes Offline
Hard, Fair, Play to WIN
Dusty Rhodes  Offline
Hard, Fair, Play to WIN

Southern Oregon
Wow Blade, Shut Up? How about I turn that around and tell you to "shut up!" and allow him his opinion/point of view? That was entirely uncalled for!

Dusty Rhodes

Win 7 Pro, Intel i7 4790K OC'd to 4.6 Gigs, EVGA GTX Titan 6 GB Memory and ASUS GTX Titan 6 GB Memory, 32 Gigs Tri Channel Ballistix RAM, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and HOTAS Cougar, TrackIR 5, Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals
#2760141 - 02/24/07 07:06 PM Re: Trailer out! [Re: Dusty Rhodes]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
Originally Posted By: Dusty Rhodes
Wow Blade, Shut Up? How about I turn that around and tell you to "shut up!" and allow him his opinion/point of view? That was entirely uncalled for!

i completely agree with you to that point, and only,cos my intention was him to stop his non based argument cycle,not his opinion.
he called me a idiot THAT was uncalled for.just show the type of person he is fanboy.

#2760142 - 02/24/07 07:46 PM Re: Trailer out! [Re: Dusty Rhodes]  
SimFan Offline
SimFan  Offline

Europe
Could it be that people get itchy and inpatient ?
EECH2 will still take many months to complete.
It will feature the Comanche and Hokum (like the original).
I suggest you fight it out in the virtual skies \:\)
Let's all be glad there WILL be an EECH2, and till then (and there after?)... EECH1 will do fine - thank you.

#2760143 - 02/24/07 09:31 PM Re: Trailer out! [Re: SimFan]  
BeachAV8R Offline
Lifer
BeachAV8R  Offline
Lifer

KCLT
Knock it off Blade...he called you an idiot because you told him to "shut up" and he has "no basis for his argument"...both of which are wrong. Please don't tell other members to shut up. Every member has an opinion and every member has a basis for their argument. Ricnunes is allowed to voice his opinion and has done so respectfully...unlike you. If you have any questions feel free to PM me..but keep any responses out of this thread.

BeachAV8R

#2760144 - 03/04/07 01:12 PM Re: Trailer out! [Re: ricnunes]  
Porkchop Offline
Porkchop  Offline

Parma, OH, USA
Just a game. Fantasy, what-if, not real. Honestly sometimes these forums remind me of that movie Galaxy Quest, where the kid comes up to Tim Allen and starts spewing forth a bunch of minutea
about "the kitus matrix" and the "omega-13", and babbeling about the "quantum flux" and such.

Tim Allen fires back "There is no quantum flux, it's only a TV show! Theres no G-- Damned SHIP!....you got it ?"

Same principle here. There is no Comanche, these are made up scenarios, unless you have a few million dollars to build a full motion simulator with multiple screens, and all the other bells and whistles this game will never come close to the real deal.

Why beat a dead horse over apples and oranges to mix metephores.
It's just a frickin game. Means nothing, won't make the papers, "normal" people will have no idea the thing even exists. Ask around the water cooler at work. Trust me, it is of little or no consequence what helos are in this game. Besides the developers will do what they want regardless of any speculation in this forum.

If you like it buy it. If not dont.

Last edited by Porkchop; 03/04/07 01:14 PM.

I love it when a plan comes together. ~ H. Smith "The A-Team".
#2760145 - 03/04/07 04:36 PM Re: Trailer out! [Re: Porkchop]  
Dusty Rhodes Offline
Hard, Fair, Play to WIN
Dusty Rhodes  Offline
Hard, Fair, Play to WIN

Southern Oregon
Porkchop, sometimes it takes someone like yourself to inject a bit of common sense and a realist attitude to a conversation. Thank you sir!

Dusty Rhodes

#2760146 - 03/04/07 10:36 PM Re: Trailer out! [Re: Dusty Rhodes]  
TheHammer Offline
TheHammer  Offline

San Diego, CA
i am actually with Ricnunes on this. I would prefer they feature the Apache Longbow and Havoc and Alligator...and maybe the SuperCobra. I just like realism, but I will take whatever they have already decided - helo sims are too few, far and between. \:\( hopefully it really IS a sim.

Helmut Fritz
Wings of Fury, XO
http://www.rlgaming.com
#2760147 - 03/05/07 10:03 PM Re: Trailer out! [Re: TheHammer]  
FokkerDVIII Offline
FokkerDVIII  Offline

Not at all impressed with trailers.Show us in game footage and "maybe" Ill be impressed.

AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHZ,MSI K9A2 CF V2 MB,6GB Corsair DDR2 Ram,EVGA Geforce GTX560 1GB,500GB Seagate drive,200GB WD drive.
#2760148 - 03/06/07 01:41 PM Re: Trailer out! [Re: FokkerDVIII]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Why do people keep harping on this?
Different flyables from EECH = MORE money to be spent on cockpits and modeling and such.
The money is NOT there. It can NOT be done.

If you want to see other helos done to the same level as the Hokum and Comanche, BUY EE2. If they sell enough copies, they make EE3 and maybe then WILL have enough money to make new flyables.
Of course, they could throw the crappy 3D cockpits for the Apache and Havoc we got in EECH/AH into the game and we could all be subjected to the whining about how bad they are, but I think they'll instead leave that as a "to do" for EE3. When the legwork of the engine has been done and paid for, and they can concentrate dev funds on new things.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#2760149 - 03/06/07 02:34 PM Re: Trailer out! [Re: Jedi Master]  
SimFan Offline
SimFan  Offline

Europe
If a game+campaign engine is quite good, like it is with EECH, the best thing to do is not to start all over again, but just as LP did with F4, re-use it.
I am curious as to whether G2Games will take it, and if so how far, beyond what is now known as the modded/enhanced version.

#2760150 - 03/07/07 06:13 PM Re: Trailer out! [Re: Jedi Master]  
ricnunes Offline
ricnunes  Offline

Portugal
Originally Posted By: Porkchop
Why beat a dead horse over apples and oranges to mix metephores.

Originally Posted By: Jedi Master
Why do people keep harping on this?
Different flyables from EECH = MORE money to be spent on cockpits and modeling and such.

Well, for the exact same reason why some other people (like you) defend that the Comache should stay in EE2. While you have the right to post and argument your point of view which I disagree but respect, the ones that are against this same point of view (Comanche in EE2) also have the same right to post and argument.
I'm not saying that I wont buy this game (never said it) but I would be lying if I would say that the fact that the Comanchw will be included in EE2 didn't bother me very much because it really bother me very much, even more than for example any lack of FM realism or even most of any other issues. Like I previously said the Comanche made sence in a 90's Helo sim but not in a today's sim (IMO, that is).

Regading the lack of "resources" to make new flyable helos, I only have to say that the devs seem to have been updating the GFX engine so if they have resources to update the GFX engine they probably should also have some resouces for making new flyable helos (again IMO).
Well, my 2 cents anyway...

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.